Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,775 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
razorsharkhead

how come franklin's voice actor

razorsharkhead

how come franklin's voice actor doesn't know how to scream?
have you ever jumped out of a helicopter with franklin?

he sounds like he's in a bubble, being suffocated by a pillow, while eating waffles as he falls to the ground screaming.

damn. you'd think r would edit that or something.

Drunken Cowboy

They made the mistake of going for a ghetto hood-rat type for a voice actor as opposed to a professional voice actor who can IMITATE a ghetto hood rat.

They made the same mistake with San Andreas, casting Young Maylay as C.J.

It's like in cartoons when they make the mistake of using children to voice children. They go through puberty, their voices get f*cked, and then they gotta keep recasting. You're supposed to get an adult who can professionally mimmick a kid.

Half-assed Rockstar bullsh*t in GTA V, this is nothing new.

Lil_B_The Basedgod

do you even know what a "hood rat" is? I HATE when people say that sh*t when they have absolutey NO IDEA what it actually means.

and you called R* half assed for using aunthenticism? that's why your precious JohnnyK. got his brain CRUNCHED under the gristle of trevors boot, HUH COWBOY?????

Drunken Cowboy

do you even know what a "hood rat" is? I HATE when people say that sh*t when they have absolutey NO IDEA what it actually means.

and you called R* half assed for using aunthenticism? that's why your precious JohnnyK. got his brain CRUNCHED under the gristle of trevors boot, HUH COWBOY?????

whoa boi calm yo sh*t yo bein a busta

Captain Arthur

whoa boi calm yo sh*t yo bein a busta

What the hell are you doing in the Gta V section anyway? Fu*k off to the tlad section where you belong with your precious so-called god Johnny K.Not trying to be rude but I've seen many posts of yours claiming that V is an unfinished game because of their treatment to Johnny K.

Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101

Alvarez

Whoa, kids being aggressive for no reason. Must be the cause of those violent killer games, calling media with two phones right now.

Uncle Cletus

Killing of any character tied to GTA 4 is an excellent idea. I was totally hoping Niko would be killed off in a mission too. At least Roman is locked under the ocean.

Clearly Rockstar saw the need to make amends for such sh*tty characters in GTA 4 and should be applauded.

Algonquin Assassin

Can't say I've ever taken notice to really care.

hornedturtle

To be honest, I have no idea how to scream....I just can't do it.

Edited by hornedturtle

Algonquin Assassin

Lets be honest. R* weakened Johnny by turning him into methhead to help push Trevor's character. 2008 Johnny would've tied Trevor by the neck with some rope to the back of his Hexer and dragged his battered corpse all over Sandy Shores.

What the hell are you doing in the Gta V section anyway? Fu*k off to the tlad section where you belong with your precious so-called god Johnny K.Not trying to be rude but I've seen many posts of yours claiming that V is an unfinished game because of their treatmentarrow-10x10.png to Johnny K.

Drunken Cowboy has as much right to post here as anyone else. If his posts bother you so much just ignore them. As for not trying to be rude you weren't trying very hard.

It fascinates me when people treat these forums like they're exclusive clubs really.

Mr. Rocko

Lol I agree

Eutyphro

They made the mistake of going for a ghetto hood-rat type for a voice actor as opposed to a professional voice actor who can IMITATE a ghetto hood rat.

Yeah, lets cast some cartoony imitation black guy. Awesome idea bro...

CJ and Franklin both had great voice acting.

Alenko

Better then CJ. "ahhhhhh I hate gravity!!"

Lil_B_The Basedgod

2008 Johnny was cool as f*ck. I actually liked him, I was honestly just pushing DC's buttons...

Fidzy

It's like in cartoons when they make the mistake of using children to voice children. They go through puberty, their voices get f*cked, and then they gotta keep recasting. You're supposed to get an adult who can professionally mimmick a kid.

You do realise Franklin is like 23 or something, right? Everyone would have gone through puberty by that age, unless they've got like a medical condition regarding testosterone or hormonal damage or some sh*t, I ain't a doctor D:

V 9 L U K 3 4 V

If there was a main protagonist in gta 5 rockstar would have wanted it to be franklin why u say because he is real Shawn fonteno has lived this life he's been there and done it so his performance is real he is giving us a performance of what would actually happen which is why rockstar are the greatest game creators in the world.

Think about it

Trevor - Steven ogg - has a son built a house in the woods lives in New York NOTHING like Trevor has no violent f*cked up inbred past

Micheal - Ned Luke - got a family like Michael but he has no robbing banks past he is just an actor who has had no big break accept minor roles on major tv shows that's it oh n of course gta v again nothing like his character on gta v

And your concerned about his scream ? Ok why don't you ring rockstar up and tell them your concerned about his scream I'm pretty sure they will tell you to go outside and breath some oxygen in instead of inhaling your own farts

Edited by V 9 L U K 3 4 V

Detective Phelps

Whoa, kids being aggressive for no reason. Must be the cause of those violent killer games, calling media with two phones right now.

Lmao!

OT: Say whatever you want about Franklin's voice actor, he did his job well if you ask me.

Best voice is still Lamar. :p

Captain Arthur

Lets be honest. R* weakened Johnny by turning him into methhead to help push Trevor's character. 2008 Johnny would've tied Trevor by the neck with some rope to the back of his Hexer and dragged his battered corpse all over Sandy Shores.

What the hell are you doing in the Gta V section anyway? Fu*k off to the tlad section where you belong with your precious so-called god Johnny K.Not trying to be rude but I've seen many posts of yours claiming that V is an unfinished game because of their treatmentarrow-10x10.png to Johnny K.

Drunken Cowboy has as much right to post here as anyone else. If his posts bother you so much just ignore them. As for not trying to be rude you weren't trying very hard.

It fascinates me when people treat these forums like they're exclusive clubs really.

Alright Alright I have to admit I was rude in my post. I was in a bad mood and I apologize.

Algonquin Assassin

No need to apologise. Just try not to let it happen again.. It's cool.:)

matajuegos01

To be honest I don't really care, Shawn has done an excellent work.

CrAiG_92

If they hired an imitation actor. You would still complain. Why?

There's an interview with the actors for the game. R*'s script was awful apparently. Franklin addressing people as 'mate' and loads of other terms that just don't fit for that character. Shawn changed it up for the better.

A scream. Really. Get some perspective...

just-a-spaz

Franklin's voice reminds me of Ice-T.

universetwisters

I love it how when one person uses "hood rat", "slum rat", etc. in their opinion of Franklin, all the CJ/Franklin fanboys or wanabee gangsters jump on the hate bandwagon

just-a-spaz

Maybe he just screams differently. Don't take this game too seriously dude. It's just a VIDEO GAME.

Jeeze, people think Rockstar messed up their life somehow.

Meekail

I personally thought Shawn did a good job. Of course this is my opinion and it can vary with others.

Abel.

Umm...OK.

I actually thought the portrayal of CJ was excellent in SA, just as Franklin's was in V. The naturalness with which the actors employ idiom makes their dalogue seem a lot less forced than it would be with a typical actor imitating an impoverished young man in the circumstances of the protagonists.

The inability of voice actors to correctly imitate how one sounds on falling off a f*cking building is hardly a valid measure of their acting ability--how does one sound when falling of a building?

Lil_B_The Basedgod

@UniverseTwisters

Becauseeeeee......

most of you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about, and you all sound dumb as hell when you use words in the incorrect context and think you know what you're talking about.

you do the same thing. when talking about franklin you'll say "slumrat this, hoodrat that" but you have no clue what it means so you look like and idiot when saying it....

universetwisters

@UniverseTwisters

Becauseeeeee......

most of you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about, and you all sound dumb as hell when you use words in the incorrect context and think you know what you're talking about.

you do the same thing. when talking about franklin you'll say "slumrat this, hoodrat that" but you have no clue what it means so you look like and idiot when saying it....

So what's your definition of a slum/hood rat?

WorldWideFM

I thought the acting in this game was stellar, truly brilliant, and Shawn should be included in that. I can't say I've noticed the screaming, but it's hardly an issue, where the acting counts, it was done very well and I was impressed throughout the entire experience.

Lil_B_The Basedgod

@universe twisters, THE definition of a hoodrat is a FEMALE prostitute In the ghetto...

now a slumrat seems to be some new type of derogatory sh*t that you seemed to have made up in order to insult things about African American culture that you don't like so, bravo to you for that. a fine contribution to society, thank you...