For everyone who says vice is too short

Willis

you are all rambaling on about how you beat it in a week blah blah blah. Well if you play 24/7 there is no doubt you will beat quick it look at games like MGS2 it took about 12 hours to beat. now look at Vice city I've put 27 hours into this game in one week and have got around 50% so i have still got about 10 - 20 hours left to get 100% and dont say oh I got 100% in 10 hours or something cuz i know you didnt

mister_bojangles

A few things here, and I know a few are going to agree as well as disagree with me:

First off, this game is NOT Metal Gear Solid. I don't know why people keep bringing that game up in these posts. It has nothing to do with GTA except for the fact that it's on a PS2.

*Vice is shorter than GTA3. It's kind of a compliment to R* when people say this because it means that people enjoyed it and they want more...which is what I wanted as well.

*I didn't and wouldn't play the game 24/7. I did play it every day but only a few hours at a time.

*How do you explain the fact that I never bought a guide or used any cheats or looked at any posts on how to beat a mission yet still destroyed the game before I had it a week?

I admire that you enjoy the game so much and that's cool. Don't you think that you can allow people to admit this game MIGHT be easier than GTA3? I mean, it's only been out 2 weeks and you're already at 50%. It took me months to beat GTA3 and I'm still not at 100%. I think I am at about 75-80% and I don't even have the guide. Whatever...we're all entitled to our own opinions. I'll respect yours if you respect mine.

I second that...people can b*tch all they want...but opinion is opinion...i'm at 36% and find new things everyday...i love exploring...so i guess this game fits me perfectly<<<<<OPINION, flame me everyone :furious:

...i love exploring...so i guess this game fits me perfectly<<<<<OPINION, flame me everyone...

Exactly! i prefer exploring than doing missions, in fact i would prefer vice without any missions and everything unlocked from the start, its much more fun, i dont like the missions that much. btw im at 38%

i have had the game since the the 31st.  i have 34 hours logged and i am now just starting to buy property and get my assets.  i work full time and play for a few hours in the evening (every evening :D ).....  there are times i play the game and do no missions at all, just run around like a fool and toy with stuff.  those that play the game and beat as fast as they can.....they DO NOT get the enjoyment out of it that we all do...this game is not short at all, there is sooooo much that i want to do and have to do.  i will expect to play this game well into next spring and i hope i do b/c i can't get enough of it

Im at 61% and have played it alot, I would of preffered not to but my m8 takes compotition to another level laughing at you if your not that far. So i played it alot. I dont think ill stop having fun for ages because of the posobilites of fun in it.

Who cares if you can beat the game quick? It just unlocks more things for you to have more fun with in future. imo the game will kick ass for just as long as GTA3

I think this game is pretty big as well.. I know the feeling where I just play for a couple of hours exploring, finding ways of doing cool stunts, or just 'talk' to the peds..heh..

Good job  :r*: !

my playing time is right around 30 h now and thats not including the faild missions and roaming that i do  :rol: and I am comparing it to metal gear because every one loves that game it got a great score everywhere and it was only 12 hours and here comes GTA:VC witch is easily a 50 h game and you (you in general) are saying that it sucks because its too short

y2kcrazyjoker

I'm around 60%... I think. I still got lots of stuff to do even though I beat the main story missions.

But I hate how people complain how short this game is. Most games are 15-20 hrs long, if you're lucky! This is easily 100 hrs to complete the whole thing... and people are complaining???  :dontgetit:

another big point.......i didnt read all the posts but if i repeat, dont get mad.

-most people that say they beat the game, beat the storyline, not the game at 100%.  the storyline should end around 50-60% completion.  so technically (whoever started this thread)  your almost done, so shut up.

Well, in my opinion, Vice City is EXTREMELY long. I have trouble beating missions that some say are easy. The RC Helicopter mission for example. I STILL haven't beaten it. Maybe that makes me look n00bish into the GTA world, and if it does, so be it.

To me, any GTA game isn't made to be rushed threw. I never beaT Gta2, and it took me forever to beat part 3.

I feel utterly n00bish in saying this. (Maybe this is a good thing) But I'm only 18% done, and I only have 8 hours and 39 minutes of playing time. And I've had it for a week.

another big point.......i didnt read all the posts but if i repeat, dont get mad.

-most people that say they beat the game, beat the storyline, not the game at 100%.  the storyline should end around 50-60% completion.  so technically (whoever started this thread)  your almost done, so shut up.

your point being what? shure it took a week but thats still 30+ hours

Also with GTA3 it was a new type of game and you had to get used to contorols and the way it was played, and with Vice City you have already had all that practice from playing GTA3 which makes it seem easier, if Vice City came out first(before GTA3) I bet it would have been harder.