Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,278 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Gr33dyMoney

Modern Day settings kill GTA

scrublord

Grand Theft Model T

Kampioen

I want them to do New Orleans. Interesting setting with the damaged neighborhoods from Katrina and the swamps. The city is also plenty vibrant and violent.

blitzzd

No. No. No.

Stop with the backwards crap. Seriously. Vice city is done, let it die with the 80s. I don't want GTA Florida thanks. We have enough ghetto in the series already. Unless of course you include Cape Canavral for some space ish.

Next GTA needs to be MUCH bigger. No more Xbox bullsh*t holding up the series. 2 states, 5-8 cities, multiple towns. 200+ vehicles.

Stop catering to the bloody kid gamers. The Xbox is what is killing this series. Period.

RedDevilSativa

i reckon another game set in england would be cool . also i think the music in this gta is crap there is some good songs but most of them are rubbish

LeperJones

It's probably because that the time periods Vice City and San Andreas were set in had much higher criminal act

yea i wish it took place 100 years ago so we can hijack horse carriages, and get chrome horses with turbo. and u would be stealing gerald grains of wheats and spices.

sarcasm fail.. All GTA games are about money, and money has been around forever

money has most deffinatly not been around forever

20,000 BC game? Could be cool.

Well Paleozoic plant life were known for their robust banking and trading systems.

BlackRuiner

I wnt gta inn 1812 plz

Ne0nLiteZ

i wnunt 2 hafv gta setnt in veic city 4 the 70s so i cn snotr cocinae

Gr33dyMoney

I think its just a "vibe" u get playing a game, they did 2000's, 90's, 80's and late 70's.. we need a 60's and 20's version ... imagine GTA6 Chicago in 1920's with the ORGINAL GANGSTERS John Dillinger, BabyFace Neilson, Al Capone, ect all about robbing banks, doing heist and partying @ a speakeasy!

marco-polo

imagine GTA6 Chicago in 1920.

I know i wouldn't buy that, modern cars and sh*tty pop music for me baby!

saintsrow

Keep GTA modern and up to date. No retro. You can see that a big part of GTA is to make satire of the contemporary issues in America.

The next GTA is 5 years out, or more, andby then, there will be new levels of ridiculousness in society, new companies and dotcoms, and new technology fads, ripe for satire. I think that works for GTA. I could not get into the satire of some other place or time. I don't want to play anything old.

SFBryan18

If we look at the pattern of all GTA's, we can predict that they will use the same cities and recreate them. They will make them bigger and more detailed. High definition textures, and more features. The best we can hope for is a combination of all the American cities in one. Anything else just wouldn't feel right. This topic will go on until the day they reveal their plans.

TeammateAssist

Yeah. I find it weird that I openly mock Instagrammers, but I use Snapmatic like crazy. Lol.

Michael_Westin

I Want a GTA based on when the roman empire was around. Get paid in salt and gold coins.

Edited by Michael_Westin

marco-polo

I Want a GTA based on when the roman empire was around. Get paid in salt and gold coins.

I guess the carried-rides would be quite slow but in the end your slaves will do all the work for you.

Rezard

I really, really, really wanna see Liberty City, San Andreas and Vice City available again within one game. Like, taking flights to and from each of them at airports. Different missions, cars, themes and maybe even guns. I suppose they could just do expansion packs for GTA5.... or split up in several DLCs so you can't get a package rate (modern standard).

jdwarfer

I would like a GTA set in the 60's or 70's.

After GTA IV and V, keeping the series in modern times would be lame IMO.

I really enjoyed Vice City because it was set in the 80's, the music, the atmosphere, the look of Vice City reminding Miami and of course Miami Vice series, movies. That was awesome.

Edited by jdwarfer

Gr33dyMoney

wasnt one of the assassins creed based in rome?

Michael_Westin

I guess the carried-rides would be quite slow but in the end your slaves will do all the work for you.

Chrooome everything Edited by Michael_Westin

marco-polo

Hahahaha!

Michael_Westin

I would glitch the hell out of a salt glitch. I would have a mountain of salt

marco-polo

I'd love to throw in some witty comments, but i don't know enough about the Romans to really go along with it :p

Michael_Westin

wasnt one of the assassins creed based in rome?Is it? That's one series I havent played

GoodGreen

No. No. No.

Stop with the backwards crap. Seriously. Vice city is done, let it die with the 80s. I don't want GTA Florida thanks. We have enough ghetto in the series already. Unless of course you include Cape Canavral for some space ish.

Next GTA needs to be MUCH bigger. No more Xbox bullsh*t holding up the series. 2 states, 5-8 cities, multiple towns. 200+ vehicles.

Stop catering to the bloody kid gamers. The Xbox is what is killing this series. Period.

California, Arizona, Nevada and or Colorado... Plenty of crime, drugs and gambling. Call it GTA West Coast... Or just have Texas...

Gr33dyMoney

Is it? That's one series I havent played

lol me either, i was always a hitman person (havnt played one in years thou) so wen AC came out i felt i alrdy did the "assassin" thing

i also felt the same way about saints row, an open world game about gangs wen GTA:SA was king

Michael_Westin

Is it? That's one series I havent played

lol me either, i was always a hitman person (havnt played one in years thou) so wen AC came out i felt i alrdy did the "assassin" thing

i also felt the same way about saints row, an open world game about gangs wen GTA:SA was king

Lol nicee, I've always been a madden guy then it went to hell and stopped playing it. Now I go from bf3/4, FIFA and gta

I'd love to throw in some witty comments, but i don't know enough about the Romans to really go along with it :p

Google mannnnnn.... lol

dannybohy

I want GTAO:KICKASS

You have to pick between Hero or Villain! name your avatar and design his vigilante costume and custom cars!

KICK_ASS___RED_MIST_1_by_adonihs.jpg

Gr33dyMoney

You have to pick between Hero or Villain! name your avatar and design his vigilante costume and custom cars!

DCUO.. google it

dannybohy

DCUO.. google it

no, because my idea is not for a DC hero game... there is no actual Superheros in Kickass

jamieleng

But once you've done a time period properly (VC/VCS & SA), you can't really go back or it would seem like a rehash.

The only time periods I'd like to see them do for current gen are 60's London & possibly 70's NY. The chances of that happening are slim to none. Those time periods & locations might appear in Agent, if that's anything more than a placeholder image nowadays.

SFBryan18

TBQH, Vice City was my least favorite because it was in the past. While these are all just opinions, I think doing a game in the past is a horrible idea. I'm much more likely to support a version in the future, but prefer things stay modern for immersion.