Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,312 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

high91

How do you like your eggs in the morning? :p

Kiffster

Werebot you don't even like egg in your bobotjie?

Haha, I can't remember the last time I had that dish (When I was 10 or something maybe). I've never made it myself; it's not my kinda food.

Otter

I like dippy eggs. I guess you call them Sunnyside up? Get that runny yolk and some toast, and eat the egg whites after. :^:

Second choice is hard-boiled, and then scrambled with some veggies and meat and cheese mixed in. I've never had this "soft-boiled" crap I keep hearing about.

I thought dippy eggs were soft-boiled?

And 'sunnyside up' is just fried?

Know your eggs, woman.

If you soft-fry a sunny side up it's an equisite dipping experience. Throw a splash of water in the pan and cover it for a minute or so if you want to make sure the top whites are done.

Panz

Ah, I guess my version of dippy eggs is the same as over easy? I've always had my own name for them in my house.

This is dippy for me:

34-eggs-over-easy.jpg

I guess I have no idea what sunnyside up is..or fried for that matter.

Max

That's dippy for you?! Your upbringing must have been a dark and twisted experience.

Otter

Over easy is when you flip them over (gently) at the end to fry the top. They can still be soft in the middle.

Harley

Fried is... fried. Includes over easy and sunnyside up.

This what I've always known as dippy egg.

how-to-make-boiled-egg-and-soldiers.Wide

Panz

Maybe I just made up the name dippy because I always dipped my toast in them. I've never seen a soft-boiled egg in my life. Looks good, though. Maybe I'm just from a strange area. We also call sub sandwiches "hoagies" where I live.

Otter: Yeah, that sounds right. My mom would make them that way for me sometimes when I was little (flipping them over at the end). Usually, she made it the same was as in the picture, though. Sunnyside up, I guess.

Dealux

If it's on a Denny's menu, it's automatically proper English.

If you are referring to my reply, I posted that because I don't like soft-boiled eggs. I don't usually criticize spelling or grammar. At least not on forums.

you're eating a half-formed duck fetus

I just think of it in terms of its constituents (protein, vitamins, etc). It's pretty gross indeed when you put it that way.

Otter

Nah, Cristian, was responding to admiral's tut-tutting of my use of the term 'bennies' or 'benny'

Panz

I mean, it's not really even close to being a fetus since it's not like they were fertilized or anything. Never really bothered me, anyway.

I ate cow tongue once. That was pretty nasty. Don't do it.

Otter

I think the grossest thing I've eaten to date - and it's sort of apropos to this discussion because you eat it out of a cup like an egg cup - is urchin. Not only is it still squirming but it's like making out with a cold dead zombie. Made of tapioca, tongue, and semen. Le barf.

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Just love boiled eggs and fried eggs with toast.

Kiffster

I ate cow tongue once. That was pretty nasty. Don't do it.

I've had sheep eyes once, but only because I was dared. Also, fried worms. Yummay!

Kirsty

Any which way is nice, depends what I feel like and how much time I have, I don't have eggs all that often. Soft boiled eggs for dipping soldiers, hard boiled eggs to have on a sandwich with cheese when hot or mayo when cold, cheese omelettes, fluffy & scrambled, poached egg, all go deliciously with buttery toast and ice cold orange juice, mmmm. I've never had eggs 'over easy' or eggs benedict though.

Raavi

I just had some delicious croque madame muffins.. Once again a thread on GTAF inspired me to "cook" something.

John Smith

I just had some delicious croque madame muffins.. Once again a thread on GTAF inspired me to "cook" something.

Meet me in the 'Site Suggestions' section.

marco-polo

how-to-make-boiled-egg-and-soldiers.Wide

That's looks pretty damn good, and soldiers ready to go too! :D

I always found it difficult to keep it runny inside without cooking it completely, takes practice.

Audiophile

This morning I made a sunny side up egg with pepper and salt, I put some maple syrup on it when it was near ready, on top of the maple syrup I put some bacon bits (real bits not that red stuff for salads) and then stuffed it into an English muffin.

So good. I love syrup in my eggs, tried it a few years ago and loved it since...with the right syrup, that is.

beanzinapot

This morning I made a sunny side up egg with pepper and salt, I put some maple syrup on it when it was near ready, on top of the maple syrup I put some bacon bits (real bits not that red stuff for salads) and then stuffed it into an English muffin.

So good. I love syrup in my eggs, tried it a few years ago and loved it since...with the right syrup, that is.

I used to make something similar to that when I was younger. I called it eggs in a basket. You get two slices of bread, and cut a hole in the middle. Butter the bread, and place in the pan. Then, crack an egg or two in the hole. Heat it up till the eggs are cooked, then plate it, and pour syrup on top. Tasted just like French Toast.

WBaker

I used to make something similar to that when I was younger. I called it eggs in a basket. You get two slices of bread, and cut a hole in the middle. Butter the bread, and place in the pan. Then, crack an egg or two in the hole. Heat it up till the eggs are cooked, then plate it, and pour syrup on top. Tasted just like French Toast.

That sounds good... but how cooked? Were the yolks solid or runny?

theadmiral

I really like eating eggs any which way that they are prepared. I may make some eggs right now.

EphemeralStar

I had my french toast rolls filled with nutella and raspberry dipped in eggs today. Then scrambled up the remainder of my eggs. Omnomnom.

theadmiral

I had my french toast rolls filled with nutella and raspberry dipped in eggs today. Then scrambled up the remainder of my eggs. Omnomnom.

That sounds really good. How did you do the French toast and what type of bread did you use? Was Vanilla extract involved?

Edited by theadmiral

EphemeralStar

Here's the recipe I followed: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2013/05/french-toast-roll-ups.html

I used wonderbread! :D Noooo it wasn't but darn.. I should have added some! I also rolled mine in just plain sugar, but it calls for cinnamon sugar. I just didn't think cinnamon would taste good with raspberry nutella.

theadmiral

Oh wow, that sounds absolutely delicious! That idea about rolling the bread out is fantastic. I'm definitely going to try this and report in on this thread when I see how it works. Looks wonderful. Thank you for the link.

EphemeralStar

Anytime! I hope you like them ^-^

Dottie

nonexistent

Audiophile

If you guys haven't tried maple syrup (corn syrup works, too, whatever you use on your pancakes) on your eggs....seriously.....try it.

Even better with bacon. Sometimes I make bacon in the oven and glaze it over with maple syrup. Even better along with eggs!

Bacon in the oven takes longer than frying it but wow does it taste great!

Edited by Audiophile

universetwisters

Scrambled, with hot sauce or ketchup drizzled over it.

zuckmeslow

Bacon+Egg+and+Cheese.jpg

bacon egg and cheese sandwich