Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,523 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
lol232

Bring back the GTAF Personal notepad?

lol232

Before the big update there was this personal GTAF notepad feature where I used to store codes and some links that are GTAF related, what happened to it?

What was the reason for the deletion of it?

Andreas

I think the notepad was one of the default features of Invision Power Board 1.3, that's why it was there in the first place. Newer versions of the software don't seem to have that feature anymore.

Edited by Andreas

Raavi

You can use the PM system as an alternative though. When you want to "note" something, just send a PM with your notes to yourself.

Shoumaker

Or you could make a Word document which includes all your notes or a Google doc if you want it to be in the cloud, you could store the link in your PM box or anywhere else you want.

So many alternatives.

GTAKid667

You can use the PM system as an alternative though. When you want to "note" something, just send a PM with your notes to yourself.

You cannot send a conversation to yourself on the new forum software, though, I wish you could :^:

Personally, I never used the notepad feature and found it just as easy, as Shoumic says, to store this information elsewhere on a type of text document - It's just the same as writing in the Notepad Box.

Raavi

You cannot send a conversation to yourself on the new forum software, though, I wish you could :^:

I should have clarified that. You can still save messages/notes by making a note, picking a random recipient but instead of hitting "send" you hit "Save (Send Later)" to save the message/note in your drafts folder. Or like Shoumic said, you can indeed also store it in the cloud. Whatever you prefer. :)

GTAKid667

I should have clarified that. You can still save messages/notes by making a note, picking a random recipient but instead of hitting "send" you hit "Save (Send Later)" to save the message/note in your drafts folder. Or like Shoumic said, you can indeed also store it in the cloud. Whatever you prefer. :)

I never actually thought of that, good idea :)

fireguy109

Before the big update there was this personal GTAF notepad feature where I used to store codes and some links that are GTAF related, what happened to it?

Same. I had the link to Demarest's arrest video stashed there. :p

lol232

Or you could make a Word document which includes all your notes or a Google doc if you want it to be in the cloud, you could store the link in your PM box or anywhere else you want.

So many alternatives.

Maybe because I actually find this to be way easier, because I easily lose them.

Storing codes and such on your own GTAF profile seems much simpled, for some reason I loved that feature.

Same. I had the link to Demarest's arrest video stashed there. :p

Dem-arrested

Spuds725

How do you guys even know Demarest? A bit before your time..

fireguy109

When I first got started on here I was big into the modding stuff, actually got referred from Cerbera's site I think. I read his rant about Dem on there and pieced together the history through a bunch of discussions with the old modders and staff, and a lot of looking through old topics. I've forgotten a few of the finer details by now, but I know the story quite well. ;)

E: darn typos, we need ninja edit back.

Edited by fireguy109

Moth

I know of him, cause I was around when he was unbanned for a while.

Dr. John

I am pretty sure I don't know this guy but was he from the Modding Section? He sounds like he was just like Slamman and Zee.

Anyways, as for the suggestion, I really liked that notepad too but I would always go for the Computer's notepad instead of this site's. The previous one didn't really have any features to be put in.

fireguy109

Dem was a hell of a modder back in the day, a good staff member too. Eventually it got to his head, he started abusing his powers, and it went downhill from there. It's not lot like Cerb was an angel either. Saying he was like Slamman or Zee is a slap in the face. I'm not gonna defend his abuses but he did make some serious contributions to the modding scene and forums back in the day, unlike those spammy f*cks.

GTA3Rockstar

Was just noticing this myself, wished it didn't disappear. Had forum related dates and crap. :v:

ZAZ

Was just noticing this myself, wished it didn't disappear. Had forum related dates and crap. :v:

yes, same for me

i wish i would get the content back

Panz

Yeah, I stored all of my old signature and avatar links there. Now they're gone.

It would be nice to see this feature return as it came in handy quite a few times.

Flachbau

I transferred everything from my note box and put it all into a Word Pad document, luckily enough, I did it about a week before the update.

lol232

Yeah, I stored all of my old signature and avatar links there. Now they're gone.

It would be nice to see this feature return as it came in handy quite a few times.

I'm 2 weeks late, but this is exactly what I did with it too; I stored some more complicated BB codes as well as some signatures and avatars I may have used in the future.

yoječ

I'm pretty sure that the data from personal notepad is still stored in the database, and therefore is not lost. An admin might be able to retrieve it for you.

To be more specific, it should be stored in table ibf_profile_portal, column notes if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by yojo2

GTA3Rockstar

I'm pretty sure that the data from personal notepad is still stored in the database, and therefore is not lost. An admin might be able to retrieve it for you.

Waiting for confirmation.

lol232

Although this is months old, I'm gonna bump this, because I too want a confirmation.

Sentrion

All your data is still there on the unused database table from Invision Power Board 1.3. The current software 3.4.x doesn't use the notepad. You can ask a Network Admin about recovering your data from the SQL database.