Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,934 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
universetwisters

Do you sleep in or wake up early? (outside of work/school)

universetwisters

I was setting the alarm on my phone, and I was wondering if anyone else does that.

When you folk don't have any school, work, or other appointments coming up the next day, do you sleep in or wake up early? I know many people my age sleep in, but I try to wake up early, preferably before 8 am. Main reason I do this being that the longer I sleep in, the more time I waste sleeping, the less time I have to do legit stuff. I don't worry about my mentality or how getting little sleep effects me. As Bon Jovi once sang, "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead", which at this rate. if I were to continue staying up late and waking up early, would be Sunday-ish.

theadmiral

Please consult the going to bed thread to see when people go to bed and wake up.

GoldenBlade

I have been sleeping in lately. I do like waking up earlier though. I don't like sleeping the day away. It takes away time that I could have spent doing other things.

EphemeralStar

I sleep in as long as I can when I get the chance. 2pm at the latest. Today I planned to sleep in until 12pm, but my bestfriend decided it would be great to wake me up at 10am by calling me and texting me constantly. >:C I am generally not a morning person unless there is something I look forward to doing. I think... I'm well rested and at my best with 11 hours of sleep, but on average I get 5.

universetwisters

Please consult the going to bed thread to see when people go to bed and wake up.

Didn't know about that. Last I heard about it, it was just where people told eachother when they were going to bed. I thought it was just "Im going to bed guys, nighty night".

I'll take a look into it.

EphemeralStar

It's okay. Someone made a thread similar to mine. What did you dream about........then someone made something along the lines of nightmares. LOL. It's all good dude.

Kiffster

I always get up early. On work days just after 5 and on other days about an hour later just after 6. It's always been like that...

universetwisters

It's okay. Someone made a thread similar to mine. What did you dream about........then someone made something along the lines of nightmares. LOL. It's all good dude.

It genuinely bugs me whenever that kind of stuff happens. Not that somebody beat me to making a thread, more so that I missed something that was right there.

It's like searching a very clean room for a rattlesnake and the snake biting you when you're looking for it.

EphemeralStar

Ah. Fair enough. But I think there's a difference at least, because I agree that I think the other thread is just inserting what time you're going to bed and why. And this one is about sleeping in or not :D

Gnocchi Flip Flops

For these past two weeks I have been off and I do set my alarm at 7:20-7:40 am. I like to wake up early rather than sleep in late because if I sleep in, it feels like I've wasted my day. I go to bed around 1:30 am which is in like one hour, and I have no problem waking up around 7:20 am. Hell it is no different than my regular weekly schedule which is going to bed at 12:30 am and waking up at 6:15 am so yeah, no difference. I usually nap once a day and I drink caffienated tea in the mornings regularly.

EphemeralStar

I usually nap once a day too if I didn't get the right amount of sleep. I suppose in a sense it kind screws up what time I fall asleep at too, but I really really love naps so much.

universetwisters

I usually nap once a day too if I didn't get the right amount of sleep. I suppose in a sense it kind screws up what time I fall asleep at too, but I really really love naps so much.

Whenever I nap, it's usually whenever I don't get enough sleep the night before. I usually start napping at around noonish and end up waking up when I usually go to bed on regular nights, further f*cking up my sleep pattern.

EphemeralStar

I just napped at 8:30pm-9:30pm ish. >__< bad me!

RoadRunner71

Hell no... sleeping is one of the pleasures of life.

I<3GTAV

Sleeping in. I dread waking up at 6 AM.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I usually go to be around 4AM and then sleep until 2PM, only on days when I don't work though.

Pyrrhic

If I don't have work or school I'll wake up usually around 10-11AM. Latest I've ever really slept in is like 1PM which is fine too if I don't have anything to do.

Mr Rabbit

When I don't have uni or family \I wake up at about 10pm normally, sometimes sleep in to midnight, my bed is so comfy.

Edited by Flynny

SouthLand

Mon-Fri (work days) 7:30AM

Sat-Sun (no work days) 10AM

RiaJay21

I can't sleep in past 8 or 9 at a push - usually I'll get up between 6 and 7 for work, and I absolutely cannot sleep for more than 8 hours. Less is fine, but I feel terrible if I have too much sleep, so even if I go to bed at 5am, I'm up at 8. Oh, and yeah, I always set an alarm, no matter what!

Real_Badgirl

I'm not a morning person, so I usually wake up between 9 and 9:30 am.

Though I can easily get up earlier if I need to, and I dislike sleeping past 9:30 because then I feel like I'm wasting my day.

Kwandilibro

No matter what I do or how late I stay awake, for the most part, I'm up by 8:30 every day. Sometimes I like it because I like being up before other people, but usually it's just annoying.

Mr. Scratch

Well outside of school I usually wake up at 12 pm at the earliest. My whole sleeping pattern changes completely once I've stayed awake past 2 am.

Kippers

My internal alarm clock is pretty reliable when it comes to waking up on time for appointments and such. I mean, I have never failed to wake up early when necessary without the assistance of an alarm.

But boy, when I have nothing to wake up for, my body sure is quick to slam on that snooze button for a couple more hours. Though I feel ridiculously guilty if it's any later than 11am.

Edited by Kippers

iiConTr0v3rSYx

I usually go to be around 4AM and then sleep until 2PM, only on days when I don't work though.

I do the same. Sometimes I get ridiculous hours, so it f*cks up my sleeping.

Nlwt

I sleep in nearly every day I don't need to get up for anything. The night before I plan to get up early so I have a full day to do whatever but that plan goes to sh*t when I realise how comfy my bed is in the morning.

WinterEdit

I usually sleep in when I have holidays or weekends, if I have stayed up longer than usual (after midnight). If I happen to go to sleep earlier, I might set an alarm for somewhere like 6-8 am because the more time I can use to play games and do other stuff, the better. :)

Moth

I like to sleep. Though it really depends on what time I went to bed, I can range from living off of 6 hours of sleep to sleeping for more than half the day.

I also have this strange habit of waking up 5-10 minutes before my alarm goes off, when I need to get somewhere on time.

BuyMeTheMoon

Sleep <3

Melchior

I sleep in really late. In fact, I'd sleep perpetually if I could; I only get out of bed so I can walk around my apartment complex and keep my eyes peeled for side boob.