2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Link2012

This is weird. While scanning the directory, all directories to be ignored are skipped. They aren't passed forward to be loaded. Thanks for sharing anyway, I might investigate.

@Strs Use a limit adjuster instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Link2012, this mod in awesome

But some times it crashes my game when I remove a mod . Example = I tried 'AVP Reborn 3.0' my game was laging (because of my pc not of modloader) so i removed it but after that my games started crashing at loading screen so i tried reinstalling the mod and it worked 

So I reinstalled modloader and all mods and game started but after sometime (increasing number of mods=decreasing time) it crashes

Please Help

Edited by Assasins Cj

CharlesVercetti
6 hours ago, Assasins Cj said:

increasing number of mods

Tried limit adjuster?

13 hours ago, CharlesVercetti said:

Tried limit adjuster?

Spoiler

Yes,

Reinstalling the game, scripts and mods worked

But author should fix it so commented here it has happened many times and reinstalling the game worked every time

.............................................................................................

One more problem, If I travel city to much (to unlock full map) modloader stop loading texture. retexture mod i am using is Rosa Project Reborn

Edited by Assasins Cj
  • KEKW 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, I want to learn to read modloader.log to know what causing the crash

Edited by HeyWolf
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, HeyWolf said:

Hey, I want to learn to read modloader.log to know what causing the crash

A guide to find a solution for crashes, including list of crashes available here.

The Lucky Mole

Hello guys, is Modloader known to resolve any issues with ASI plugins? I think I may see some minor improvements.

On 2/2/2014 at 11:11 AM, Link2012 said:

Just create a .txt file and place the line(s) there

how about vehicle.ide and carcols.dat? does it work the same?

Edited by nabil12s

• 1 month later...
HzanRsxa2959

Go to modloader\.data\plugins\gta3\std.data.md. There you will get all the info you need.

On 12/13/2020 at 2:36 PM, nabil12s said:

how about vehicle.ide and carcols.dat? does it work the same?

Yes. Both support readme.

Ryhan'ZFX

Just a dumb question. But apart from the simplicity and being the holy grail of easy modding, is there a side effect on using it?  I know crashes, it happens on regular asi or cleo mods. But is there something to look for before deciding it fits on modloader and does it gonna work? Its hard to explain, but if so pardon me

• 2 weeks later...
Panzermann11

Seeing GTA 4 modding doesn't get very much love compared to SA, VC and 3, I wonder if we can get a mod loader for GTA 4?

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

StuntGames

Link2012

Good work.

now i don't need to use the alci.

Edited by StuntGames

• 4 weeks later...
SteveLorde

Most of HUD mods that use multiple D3D8.dll are not working with Modloader.

How can i enable Modloader to allow multiple dlls of same name D3D8.dll (SkyGFX,Sharptrails,VCS HUD...etc) at same time?

• 4 months later...
TWIST_OF_HATE
Posted (edited)

@Link2012 hi man, what about modloader for reIII and reVC ?

is it wip, or done already ?

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE
  • Like 1

Link2012
On 7/4/2021 at 10:48 AM, TWIST_OF_HATE said:

@Link2012 hi man, what about modloader for reIII and reVC ?

is it wip, or done already ?

I started something, but it was mostly a hack. It's a bit more complicated to do it the proper way, such that it works on something other than x86 Windows builds.

• Like 3

Davve95
Posted (edited)

Is the project done, in your perspective, or do you plan to bring updates further on?

(Not talking about Re)

Edited by Davve95

Link2012
On 7/9/2021 at 6:57 PM, Davve95 said:

Is the project done, in your perspective, or do you plan to bring updates further on?

(Not talking about Re)

In practical terms, there are features missing in III/VC (e.g. player.dff, SFX, radio, cuts.img) and a few general issues (e.g. order of readme lines against custom data file lines). But it's most likely I won't bring these updates to life 😕.

On 7/10/2021 at 6:10 AM, Link2012 said:

In practical terms, there are features missing in III/VC (e.g. player.dff, SFX, radio, cuts.img) and a few general issues (e.g. order of readme lines against custom data file lines). But it's most likely I won't bring these updates to life 😕.

too bad; the feature I am personally missing the most for III/VC is being able to load individual .col files

On 7/9/2021 at 10:10 PM, Link2012 said:

So sad. I was expecting some update for III and VC. As far as I remember, there's issues with custom skins (using the skin function from the game) but loading those with modloader. But the other stuff you mention is important as well.

Edited by gts.

Davve95
On 7/10/2021 at 6:10 AM, Link2012 said:

That's sad. What about handing the project to someone or make (some parts) of it open source?

I accept and see if you don't want. But just an idea. Since it is a awesome mod.

Link2012
On 7/12/2021 at 3:18 PM, Davve95 said:

That's sad. What about handing the project to someone or make (some parts) of it open source?

I accept and see if you don't want. But just an idea. Since it is a awesome mod.

The project is fully open source and I'm willing to transfer maintenance to someone else. Anyone interested and with GTA reverse-engineering experience can feel free to PM me so that we can chat. I would try to document the project architecture and roadmap to the best of my abilities.

Inadequate
On 7/9/2021 at 10:10 PM, Link2012 said:

Aw, what an dissapointement. I really was expecting an update for that kind of stuff in GTA3 and GTAVC lol. Since we chatted about it a few months ago on Discord's server, RockstarVision.

Link2012
On 7/14/2021 at 9:26 AM, Inadequate said:

Aw, what an dissapointement. I really was expecting an update for that kind of stuff in GTA3 and GTAVC lol. Since we chatted about it a few months ago on Discord's server, RockstarVision.

Yeah, sorry for driving the hopes up.

• 2 weeks later...
ETS2Fanatic4581

I have a question. What should I do for edit my modded cars's handlings, carcols, carmods, vehicles.ide things? A little help would be useful.

KiloRyu
On 7/26/2021 at 5:04 AM, ETS2Fanatic4581 said:

I have a question. What should I do for edit my modded cars's handlings, carcols, carmods, vehicles.ide things? A little help would be useful.

Use CFG Studio or Notepad. it should do the job

• 4 weeks later...
waleednick

@Link2012 are you available? if yes then i need to talk to you in private please response back if you're because i'm unable to message you as it says i can't message 0 per day

• 1 month later...

Can you make one for GTA IV so I can try mods without changing the core files, like Responsive Plus, Potential Grim etc if possible for all versions of GTA IV or at least CE or Patch 7, 8 and 4?

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...
Bumblebee425

So I know this post is old and I most likely wont get a response,but I'm modding gta san andreas and I have the V Graphics mod enb installed along with mod loader and a few other mods,now whenever I add in the mod loader asi into my game directory the game rendering breaks and the game crashes after about a minute or so,I've never had the issue before (keep in mind that my first time doing all of this by following a guide I never had a issue at all with this even with the mod loader asi installed,I just had to do a fresh install of the game because a texter mod was causing the game to look weird with the graphics enb)and when I did everything correctly the exact same way I did before (minus the texture mod obviously) whenever I add the mod loader asi to the game directory the rendering at a certain distance breaks and I absolutely cannot find a fix anywhere else and that's why I'm finally coming here,cause without mod loader asi the other mods that I have in my mod loader file will not work,which I've previously had working before.