1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

LINK/2012

Alright, I'm in bit of a trouble in building the Ogg loader because... I can't find any modification that replaces Ogg files! So I'm really lost in which directory structuring etc I should use to make the Ogg loader system.

Anyone even know about a mod that replaces Ogg files from audio streams?

This mod is amazing. You should add feature to load them from some sort of package like in Source engine it can either load mods from folders(slower) or vpk(faster)

Thanks, and, nah, there's no need for a package for that :)

miclin

Why not using the same structur as saat does? (Stream/K-jah/RingMybell(mid).ogg) for example?

LINK/2012

Because, well, that file name (RingMybell(mid).ogg) is indicated by the file "stream_import.ini"

I could read the ini and stuff but what if the user wants to replace only a single sound (as in your example), how'd stream_import.ini be? As far I'm aware, SAAT only accepts stream imports if you are importing everything?

miclin

yeh, I understand.

Just thought a similiar structure would be good because of modding reasons.

And nice tool;).

Finally its possible to mod GTA how it should be modded. just like most other moddable Games(Skyrim etc). nicely done!

Edited by miclin

riquenunes

Now that sound replacing works without bugs, can someone link some good sound mods?

ToyGT_one

One of the best mod, i love it so much and thanks for this i can install mods very easily without editing files at all. :):^:

SyntheticNoodles

Well, I don't know how to start. Sorry for my English :p

This thing you created is a bomb. I was hoping that it'll allow me to change cars wheelsize in SAMP, but looks like I still have to use direct memory editing...

But whatever. Changed a lot of things, including sounds and other stuff - I've never been happier :)

Another thing: why do I have to use full files (handling.cfg, vehicles.ide and other) to add vehicle? If I don't - it just removes all the other cars from the game.

How about just searching a particular string in mod folder's config files and replace original by it?

uokka

I don't see a problem there. You can put that stuff in .TXT files.

I have several cars installed via mod loader currently. Each of those in a seperate folder.

GTASA\modloader\MyCAR\mycar.dffGTASA\modloader\MyCAR\mycar.txdGTASA\modloader\MyCAR\data\carcol.txtGTASA\modloader\MyCAR\data\carmods.txtGTASA\modloader\MyCAR\data\handling.txtGTASA\modloader\MyCAR\data\vehicle.txt
Remember, modloader can even find vehicle config lines in readmes!

LINK/2012

Another thing: why do I have to use full files (handling.cfg, vehicles.ide and other) to add vehicle? If I don't - it just removes all the other cars from the game.

That's a pretty good question, time to talk about design choices!

The algorithm for mixing handling files removes any information for a specific vehicle that's not present in AT LEAST ONE handling file. Now, why this choice was made?

That's because of modifications that forces the remotion or addition of vehicles, for example GTA United that excludes (all?) original vehicles.

But, I also thought on how to install a single line without the need to have a full data file.

As uokka pointed out, data lines can be read from .txt files, and that's it.

You can have your handling lines (or all necessary data lines) in a single .txt file, or separate then, or whatever. But I don't really see at all why you'd need to setup handling data by yourself since it reads .txt files it will read the readme.txt that probably contain the data lines to replace.

This thing you created is a bomb. I was hoping that it'll allow me to change cars wheelsize in SAMP, but looks like I still have to use direct memory editing...

Hmmm, I don't understand your problem here...

How about just searching a particular string in mod folder's config files and replace original by it?

...neither here :p

SyntheticNoodles

Always told myself to read instructions carefully, and this time I lost the point again.

It was my mistake, i just dropped all the files in the same folder, like

GTASA\modloader\MyCAR\mycar.dffGTASA\modloader\MyCAR\mycar.txdGTASA\modloader\MyCAR\carcol.txtGTASA\modloader\MyCAR\carmods.txtGTASA\modloader\MyCAR\handling.txtGTASA\modloader\MyCAR\vehicle.txt
and of course it didn't worked as I expected.

But now it works juuuust fine :)

Hmmm, I don't understand your problem here...

It's not a problem, I guess this is just the way it must be. If mod loader could rewrite SAMP configs - it would turn this thingy into a cheating tool.

Anyway, thanks for creating this great tool and for very quick answer :)

Gramps

Moar data file support required.

Edited by methodunderg

Zera

My game is freezing when flying at high altitudes after a few minutes. By that I mean the video freezes while the audio keeps going, like what happens when the game calls for a file on gta3.img that doesn't exist. Seems to be completely random rather than at a specific place. It doesn't happen without modloader, so I can only assume it's a problem with it.

Here's the log, if it helps: http://pastebin.com/WmqpScuD

EDIT: Oh, and I'm also getting crashes when tracks are switched on the User Radio station, but I don't know if that's an issue with modloader or not.

Edited by Zera

TJGM

Just done some testing too. Getting the same crash.

Unhandled exception at 0x42480000 in "???": 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0xa36780be.

Calling loader.Shutdown();
Edited by TJGM

LINK/2012

Moar data file support required.

Boring, don't know when I'll do that, more focused on new features.

Unhandled exception at 0x42480000 in "???": 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0xa36780be.

Calling loader.Shutdown();

Pretty blind exception, but related to Project 2DFX, happens when you quit the game. So he, that doesn't mean much to me.

Also hum, you reproduced the crash when flying around or when switching user tracks?

My game is freezing when flying at high altitudes after a few minutes. By that I mean the video freezes while the audio keeps going, like what happens when the game calls for a file on gta3.img that doesn't exist. Seems to be completely random rather than at a specific place. It doesn't happen without modloader, so I can only assume it's a problem with it.

Here's the log, if it helps: http://pastebin.com/WmqpScuD

I couldn't reproduce the problem but the log told me the problem.

The stream IPLs is being handled by std-data instead of std-img, thanks for that, for the next release std-img will detect stream IPLs :)

To force files to be handled by std-img just put it inside a folder with a .img extension, so that may be your quick fix for now.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm also getting crashes when tracks are switched on the User Radio station, but I don't know if that's an issue with modloader or not.

Oh hey, calm down, I didn't even touch the tracks streaming yet :p Edited by LINK/2012

Zera

I couldn't reproduce the problem but the log told me the problem.

The stream IPLs is being handled by std-data instead of std-img, thanks for that, for the next release std-img will detect stream IPLs :)

To force files to be handled by std-img just put it inside a folder with a .img extension, so that may be your quick fix for now.

All right, I'll give that a try.

Also, TheJAMESGM was referring to flying around. I edited the User Tracks thing after he posted.

Oh hey, calm down, I didn't even touch the tracks streaming yet :p

Could be a problem with CLEO, I guess.

EDIT: I tried leaving the stream files inside a folder named Stream.img, but modloader is still handling those with std-data.

EDIT 2: Even without the stream files, it's still freezing.

Edited by Zera

LINK/2012

EDIT: I tried leaving the stream files inside a folder named Stream.img, but modloader is still handling those with std-data.

How did you put the folder? It should be inside a mod folder like:

modloader/Map/Stream.img/FILES HERE

It is because if std-img catches a folder with '.img' extension it will handle that folder and consequently everything inside it.

Zera
How did you put the folder? It should be inside a mod folder like:

modloader/Map/Stream.img/FILES HERE

It is because if std-img catches a folder with '.img' extension it will handle that folder and consequently everything inside it.

Oh, I just put the folder directly in the modloader folder. I'll do it like you say.

Like I said though, it's freezing without those files, so the problem may be something else. This one is pretty tricky to determine the cause without an error message.

EDIT: Ok, the freezing is not modloader's fault. It happened without it while using the same modded files, so it's one of those files causing it.

Edited by Zera

El Dorado

So I decided to give it try (you see, I'm a still a old fashioned fool who likes to do things the hard way, replacing and rebuilding and so on)

It seems to work well, but when I installed the HQ Radar from Mobile, sometimes it takes a while to render on screen

ltVwEAP.jpg

LINK/2012

This is caused by the slightly delay introduced by loading from disk instead of a bigfile, optimization will come in the future.

This may also happen on a stock game but is less common.

Here's a quick 'n dirty fix:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35476123/Sources/Modding/GTA/ASI/FullStreamRadar.zip
This will make all radar textures to be always streamed.

Edited by LINK/2012

Concavax

Link Wow this is awesome i have a problem with the radar and you fix it. You are the men!

LINK/2012

v0.1.14

Feature: CLEO files aren't copy and pasted anymore, they're injected into CLEO.asi searches

Feature: Binary IPLs are automatically detected

Bug fix: Fixed binary IPLs being handled wrongly

Bug fix: Fixed crash on exit if playing SA:MP

Bug fix: Fixed new clothing models not working properly

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=25377

Technical notes:

First of all, It doesn't look like a huge update, but it is! :p

Since cleo scripts aren't "copied and pasted" by modloader anymore feel completly free to use and abuse of cleo scripts on modloader. That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for modloader.

The std-cleo plugin (that was previosly responssible for loading cleos, actually copy 'n pasting them) is now deprecated and the only task it does now is cleanup the mess it did before. Cleo scripts and cleo plugins are now handled by the std-asi and fxt files by std-text.

Ah, almost forgot, The Birds Update works fine now when installed on modloader :)

Edited by LINK/2012

goodidea82

Applause! Thanks!

Concavax

Hey Link, please, please. You did make a fix for textures of hud but on hud on weapons. I mean, the weapon icons, with this mod the detonador of the bomb not draw! Please a little fix for this.

Edited by Concavax

jln22

okay I don't get it. I paste a mod inside the modloader folder that's been extracted in the GTA directory and it's not loading.

TJGM

Is it in a folder? Pretty sure putting just the file won't work.

EDIT: Fu Silent. "Thanks to TJGM for his annoyance.

Edited by Silent, 9 hours ago."

Edited by TJGM

LINK/2012

You need to put the file inside a folder, for example modloader/a folder with any name you want, the name of the mod probably/mod content here

If you still don't get it, post the log (modloader/modloader.log) so I can analyze what's going on

Edited by LINK/2012

BLlTZ

Bug fix: Fixed crash on exit if playing SA:MP

So good to hear about this. Nice job fixing it and I'm glad it was able to be fixed. :)

For the rest of the other fixes, well done here.