3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

Sorry in case this has already been posted somewhere in this thread.

bxrrhh5p.png

The sun is visible trough CJs body.

Also the basketball glitch fix is not working for me. Anybody else with this problem? I'm using the US 1.0 Hoodlum exe und tried it with an unmodded game.

Edited by -Anti-

Sorry in case this has already been posted somewhere in this thread.

bxrrhh5p.png

The sun is visible trough CJs body.

Also the basketball glitch fix is not working for me. Anybody else with this problem? I'm using the US 1.0 Hoodlum exe und tried it with an unmodded game.

This is normal. Even without using SilentPatch and using lens flare asi by DK, the sun still goes through CJ's body.

Nothing too worry about.

This is normal. Even without using SilentPatch and using lens flare asi by DK, the sun still goes through CJ's body.

Nothing too worry about.

Might be, but the sun in standard SA isn't "bright" enough to be noticed in a situatioon like this.

Anyway I also think this "bug" isn't that important...

//

I believe the glitch fix strategy is to move the save disk so the basketball glitch is prevented. I'm not sure if the Silent Patch will repair an already glitched save. You might need to use a save repair tool to undo existing damage. Did the patch move the disk to the first room on the left as you move a little farther into the building?

Ok thanks, that explains it. (I thought the fix would just "place" new basketballs.)

Edited by -Anti-

I believe the glitch fix strategy is to move the save disk so the basketball glitch is prevented. I'm not sure if the Silent Patch will repair an already glitched save. You might need to use a save repair tool to undo existing damage. Did the patch move the disk to the first room on the left as you move a little farther into the building?

hmvartak's Online Glitch Repair Tool

GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.0 by Paul Breeuwsma: http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

Yep, I only moved a save pickup to exact same place as the online glitch repair tool does. I'm not fixing the saves, though.

Silent, I do not want to bother you, but back to the issue with parked cars

Bezymjannyj2-spaces.ru.jpg

I spent a little more tests, earlier I think that is handling.cfg problem from Aztecas_5 fixed vehicles, but finally I made clean SA re-install and just install ASI loader and SilentPatch ( even without CLEO library or modloader ) and ... hello parked cars:

1.With SilentPatch:

Bezymjannyj1.jpg

2.Without SilentPatch:

Bezymjannyj.jpg

I would like to be wrong, but don`t imagine what else can be the reason of that issue, things like Windows compatibility or wrong .exe does not seem that (I also tried compact .exe but nothing changed)

I do not know where to dig further ...

Regarding the parked hotdog truck in the post above: Could this be a rounding error of exactly 1/8th of a meter? The car generator (also pickup and police trigger) coordinates are multiplied by 8 and encoded as word integers, so resolution is limited to 0.125. IIRC, there are some slight differences in how PS2 and PC resolve a few values.

My thought on how to continue this particular investigation is to check the coordinates of the hotdog truck cargen in memory; I'll add what details I have available below. You might have better luck checking the coordinates of a spawned hotdog truck model. (I work primarily with save files so I'm much more familiar with the cargen structure than the cVehicle(?) structure.) If the 1/8th rounding hypothesis is correct you'll at least have the problem defined well enough to look for a cause or solution.

Looking up details; let me know when you have enough information to continue...

This hotdog truck is a streamed vehicle. Coordinates can be extracted from the binary IPL files within GTA3.IMG. Xmen had a tool for that. The SAM java map could probably provide the float coordinates but it's hard to get running - old java. Converting the floats to word integers has proven to be an unreliable search strategy so this info probably isn't helpful unless the hypothesis is confirmed.

Cargen structure in memory is almost identical to that of the save structure, but is missing the index used to record the position in the pool, so field offsets are offset by -2 but it's accurate enough to work with. SASE can tell you the index of the first and last of 208 SCM cargens. This is a contiguous block that doesn't start at index 0 - a dozen or two streamed cargens end up in the pool before the intro scripts kicks in.

Code snippet with start of cargen structure offset in memory.

for [email protected] = 0 to 499 step 1  0085: [email protected] = [email protected]  0012: [email protected] *= 0x20       // cargen record size  000A: [email protected] += 0x00c27ad0 // start of cargen structure  000A: [email protected] += 0x1D       // offset to allocation byte (save offset -2)  0A8C: write_memory [email protected] size 1 value 0 virtual_protect 0end

It might be easier to check the coordinates of SCM cargens created with and without the patch using SASE. On PS2, only some of the values were rounded differently.

IIRC, the issue with PS2 and PC rounding may have been related to how the numeric string was converted to a hex encoded float. I don't see how this could apply to a binary IPL vehicle.

Edited by OrionSR

Regarding the parked hotdog truck in the post above: Could this be a rounding error of exactly 1/8th of a meter? The car generator (also pickup and police trigger) coordinates are multiplied by 8 and encoded as word integers, so resolution is limited to 0.125. IIRC, there are some slight differences in how PS2 and PC resolve a few values.

My thought on how to continue this particular investigation is to check the coordinates of the hotdog truck cargen in memory; I'll add what details I have available below. You might have better luck checking the coordinates of a spawned hotdog truck model. (I work primarily with save files so I'm much more familiar with the cargen structure than the cVehicle(?) structure.) If the 1/8th rounding hypothesis is correct you'll at least have the problem defined well enough to look for a cause or solution.

Looking up details; let me know when you have enough information to continue...

This hotdog truck is a streamed vehicle. Coordinates can be extracted from the binary IPL files within GTA3.IMG. Xmen had a tool for that. The SAM java map could probably provide the float coordinates but it's hard to get running - old java. Converting the floats to word integers has proven to be an unreliable search strategy so this info probably isn't helpful unless the hypothesis is confirmed.

Cargen structure in memory is almost identical to that of the save structure, but is missing the index used to record the position in the pool, so field offsets are offset by -2 but it's accurate enough to work with. SASE can tell you the index of the first and last of 208 SCM cargens. This is a contiguous block that doesn't start at index 0 - a dozen or two streamed cargens end up in the pool before the intro scripts kicks in.

Code snippet with start of cargen structure offset in memory.

for [email protected] = 0 to 499 step 1  0085: [email protected] = [email protected]  0012: [email protected] *= 0x20       // cargen record size  000A: [email protected] += 0x00c27ad0 // start of cargen structure  000A: [email protected] += 0x1D       // offset to allocation byte (save offset -2)  0A8C: write_memory [email protected] size 1 value 0 virtual_protect 0end

It might be easier to check the coordinates of SCM cargens created with and without the patch using SASE. On PS2, only some of the values were rounded differently.

IIRC, the issue with PS2 and PC rounding may have been related to how the numeric string was converted to a hex encoded float. I don't see how this could apply to a binary IPL vehicle.

This is huge investigation, but I not a modder, if Silent look at this it may make sense. I just can add that similar issues, like misplaced cars and parked cars in the air found among the 50-70 per cent of all parked cars with SilentPatch.

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

@TWIST_OF_HATE

I tested a clean gta sa installation with and wihout silentpatch, the parked car is always misplaced so i don't think it's silentpatch.

With PS2 map + map fixes from format c: http://gtaforums.com/topic/754830-relsa-ps2-map-map-fixes/you have a folder Binary IPL who fixed that, i tested it that works. For the rancher, it doesn't seem to be Aztecas_5 fixed vehicles or silentpatch either.

Be sure you have installed the last version of CLEO and modloader and put Binary IPL in it. If after that it's not fixed i don't know why :/

@TWIST_OF_HATE

I tested a clean gta sa installation with and wihout silentpatch, the parked car is always misplaced so i don't think it's silentpatch.

With PS2 map + map fixes from format c: http://gtaforums.com/topic/754830-relsa-ps2-map-map-fixes/you have a folder Binary IPL who fixed that, i tested it that works. For the rancher, it doesn't seem to be Aztecas_5 fixed vehicles or silentpatch either.

Be sure you have installed the last version of CLEO and modloader and put Binary IPL in it. If after that it's not fixed i don't know why :/

About parked hotdog truck - map fixes from Aztecas_5 fixed him, but again for some reason if I have installed map fixes with SilentPatch then fix don`t work. Regarding rancher and other parked cars "stuck in the air" - this problem appears only with SilentPatch. I think may`be something leads to incorrect SilentPatch work, but I have clean game ...

EDIT: parked hotdog truck somehow fixed (just redownload SilentPatch), but other parked cars still have same problems.

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

ddraw.dll download link added! Now I call this component pretty much finished and proven to help with the issues.

Issues ddraw.dll fixes in III/VC:

• If the settings file is absent, the game will now default to your desktop resolution instead of 640x480x16
  • DirectPlay dependency has been removed - this should improve compatibility with Windows 8 and newer
  • The game will not crash on startup if Data Execution Prevention is enabled for all applications anymore
  • Cannot find enough available video memory error showing on some computers has been removed
Grab it here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46581994/patchsatest/silentpatch_ddraw.zip

Also, that's a nice fancy logo by Ash.

EDIT:

SilentPatchSA now updated with the same DirectPlay fix. Other than that, it received some internal changes irrelevant for an end user ;)

Edited by Silent

Is the GTAIII version in OP the 1.1 version?

EDIT: No it isn't. You should upload it by now.

Edited by Blackbird88

I'll probably bundle mouse fixes in III/VC and reupload those. Maybe also upload DDraw and SA version on GTAGarage.

• Like 2

No. SA ASIs load early enough.

No. SA ASIs load early enough.

But this is because it uses your loader right? III/VC's default one is slower than the Ultimate one :)

Edited by Blackbird88

All SA loaders load ASIs early enough.

Good. And good to see an update. Now let's play the waiting game until Ginput arrives...

Edited by format c:
  • Like 1

Good. And good to see an update. Now let's play the waiting game until Ginput arrives...

Then I'll be able to start my SA playthrough for the maximum authenticity.