3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

What is the gangster sit fix? I'm not too active in modding communities.

It's a looong story bro, start reading from this post and you will understand.

jYzLR2j.png

Oh wow, that's what ruins brazilians like us reputation in the internet :facedesk:

I'm testing the patch and if I find any bugs I'll report. So far, with frame limiter everything is fine :)

EDIT1: In "Robbing Uncle Sam" I think there is a subtitle error, he speaks "oh sh*t" and in the subtitle is "oh yeah", if you are going to fix GXT too.

EDIT2: After exiting Ganton's gym, I got a black screen and the game froze. No error.

Edited by Dap300

Two days ago I was playing GTA SA and I turned off Frame Limiter just because out of curiosity.

And holy balls! I faced every single glitch in one row. I tried swimming, damn this playa is way too slow!

Even a snail is like traveling with the speed of light! And further more I use a handling mod which disables

the brakes. When unleashing the Up key, the car immediately uses the handbrake without any key pressed.

And then the fire extinguisher. It looks like that thing is empty, it doesn't blow anything out.

Hail Frame Limiter!

Funny how the whole GTAStunting scene is stunting with FL OFF. There are even timecyc.dat files out there on some stunting websites which boost your fps making the sky black and clipping your draw distance to 30ft or something. You can get up to 300 FPS with it. No wonder people get air times like 700 ft ingame. I was the only one back in the day who stunted with 25 FPS, starting in 2008. Nobody was impressed with my stunts while others stunting at 300 FPS were jumping (bumping) on skyscrapers in San Fierro. They even wrote a tool to set the frame delay to 0 just like SilentPatch does but not with the intention on getting 30 FPS. There was one dude who stunted with 900 FPS, if I remember correctly (?)

If they only knew.......

• Like 3

Funny how the whole GTAStunting scene is stunting with FL OFF.

Y-you mean those videos I used to watch for both VC/SA/United/VC2SA were all lies?

I... I need to be alone for a while.

sad-man.jpg

• Like 3

Using the lastest SIlentPatch v1.1 beta 11.12.2014 (GTA:SA), I noticed flickering in trees and semaphore...

Salu2 - Darkness Knight.

Using the lastest SIlentPatch v1.1 beta 11.12.2014 (GTA:SA), I noticed flickering in trees and semaphore...

Salu2 - Darkness Knight.

Turn off TwoPassRendering or NVCShader in ini.

Like I said we have signatures. Use them.

Here's the link http://gtaforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=signature

Silent, I have an idea on how to fix the bugs related to frame rate.

Fix the Delta Time / Ticking / whatever that GTA SA is doing and sync it correctly according to your current FPS, I think that's probably whats causing problems in the higher the FPS, do you think it can be fixed and implemented in SilentPatch?

Edited by Dap300

Great work! The only thing this patch needs is a widescreen fix and it would be the perfect patch for GTA 3 :)

There already is a WS fix by ThirteenAG

http://gtaforums.com/topic/547841-gtanfsmpother-widescreen-fixes-pack/

I know about this widescreen fix but it seems to work only on v1.0

Yeah so downgrade to 1.0. If you have Steam version use this

http://gtaforums.com/topic/753764-relsasteam-downgrader/

Fix the Delta Time / Ticking / whatever that GTA SA is doing and sync it correctly according to your current FPS, I think that's probably whats causing problems in the higher the FPS, do you think it can be fixed and implemented in SilentPatch?

But... the game already handles some things that way? That's why not EVERYTHING breaks.

But... the game already handles some things that way? That's why not EVERYTHING breaks.

Didn't you already try to do this for the other variables that don't adjust automatically? You even locked them to 30 FPS :D

I didn't. And it requires a f*ckton of looking around the EXE.

I didn't. And it requires a f*ckton of looking around the EXE.

Ah so it still isn't fully documented. I was actually rather curious how much stuff is known in SA's exe.

But the variables we'd have to alter aren't named DIS_NEEDS_2_SCALE so even though now we're able to map > 90% functions with their native names, it would still be lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots of guesswork.

But the variables we'd have to alter aren't named DIS_NEEDS_2_SCALE so even though now we're able to map > 90% functions with their native names, it would still be lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots of guesswork.

BUT THINK OF THE E-FAME SILENT

I bet this involves math too. Ew.

Plenty. Plus, even @maxorator said it would be quite hard. Means that WOULD be hard ;)

Silent, can you fix this bug:

7b6703389771206.jpg 202f99389771221.jpg 44116b389771240.jpg

Wheels of upper vehicle keep moving when I'm on another vehicle which is also moving forward.

I also can't drive backwards, because the force of lower vehicle works against my vehicle wheels.

Edited by fastman92

Silent: There are two bugs in GTA VC that annoy me which even the console versions have.

1. When you enter the Police Station, if you go into the Locker Room, or the hallway with the sign that says, "No civilians beyond this point" sign, you are supposed to get a wanted level if you aren't in the police uniform. However, if you enter the police station without wearing a police uniform, then exit with out getting the police uniform, you get a wanted level. You shouldn't get a wanted level for exiting the police station. I also think that you should be able to get a wanted level for going into the locker room ether. You should only get one when going past the "No civilians beyond this point" sign with out a police uniform.

2. The Military spawns outside the military base. When driving on the street outside the military base, while not wearing a police uniform, they shoot at you. I don't think they should shoot at you, unless you enter the military base. I'm not sure if they should even spawn outside the military base, but only inside. This issue was fixed in GTA VCS. The Military doesn't attack civilians that are passing by their base, only Tommy.

These are definitely two things in GTA VC where Rockstar didn't bother to fix. They definitely are bugs, as they don't make any sense logically. Is there any chance you can fix them?

Edited by nkjellman

@fastman92 maybe your path hacking messed something up?

Uhm,no,its not it. I remember this since I remember myself playing San Andreas.

I just realised something, you can't walk while wearing the jetpack. Is this SilentPatch-able? :D

Just wanted to bring that back up to see if it's fixable.

I just realised something, you can't walk while wearing the jetpack. Is this SilentPatch-able? :D

Just wanted to bring that back up to see if it's fixable.

I could fix that with a small cleo script.

It probably is. Would need to look into it.

#padmasterrace

• Like 2

Silent, can you fix this bug:

7b6703389771206.jpg 202f99389771221.jpg 44116b389771240.jpg

Wheels of upper vehicle keep moving when I'm on another vehicle which is also moving forward.

I also can't drive backwards, because the force of lower vehicle works against my vehicle wheels.

@Silent Can you fix this bug?

Isn't this being a tiny bit too picky?

SA issue - When driving, when I lift up the vertical camera (up arrow), I experience significant stuttering. What gives?

SA issue - When driving, when I lift up the vertical camera (up arrow), I experience significant stuttering. What gives?

Are you using an old version of Project 2dfx? I recall the old coronalimit (it had its own ASI back then) had this issue.