3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

THAT'S how it should be. They should not be glossy on any detail levels.

damn trainees of my blog who translated wrong :bored:

but, I like this bug, this is one reason that the SilentPatch could have a larger ini file to choose what you want to have (or it will get away from the concept of SilentPatch?)

Thats very nice have more options in ini...

• Like 1

There's a better way to ask modders requests: you guys just throw out questions like the guy is actually paid for its mods. Let Silent finishes what has to be done according to him and ask some add ups afterwards.

• Like 2

silent will you fix gta 3 not having jetpacks? please drop what you're doing and get on that asap

but, he must fix the bug that made big foot not spawnable in game first

Edited by badboy_zay

silent will you fix gta 3 not having jetpacks? please drop what you're doing and get on that asap

but, he must fix the bug that made big foot not spawnable in game firstrealistic steak fix pls kthxbai
  • Like 3

something went wrong here,

propeller in helicopters doesn't rendered properly here, especially the modded one

I'm talking about blurry effect on propeller

Silent, include in the OP/readme/wherever those fixed TXD's otherwise you'll have people constantly asking about weird propellers...

• Like 4

Let me explain.

Every plane/helo has two sets of propelers. One with static model and one with blurred textures. It was ok in VC but got broken in SA.

Because it was broken modders decided to screw it and use 2x static instead of static + blurred.

Since Silent fixed this stuff and now even some default SA models have problems.

I am guilty of using wrong way myself.

You can verify this yourself by using GGMM or whatever is cool these days.

BTW. I saw fixed vanilla models floating here somewhere.

Edited by Pepko

something went wrong here,

propeller in helicopters doesn't rendered properly here, especially the modded one

I'm talking about blurry effect on propeller

That's because helis models don't contain required components. Go to Az's Fixed Vehicles topic, ffs.

Let me explain.

Every plane/helo has two sets of propelers. One with static model and one with blurred textures. It was ok in VC but got broken in SA.

Because it was broken modders decided to screw it and use 2x static instead of static + blurred.

Since Silent fixed this stuff and now even some default SA models have problems.

I am guilty of using wrong way myself.

You can verify this yourself by using GGMM or whatever is cool these days.

BTW. I saw fixed vanilla models floating here somewhere.

I think these are the fixed models they're talking about.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/725635-wipsagta-san-andreas-fixed-vehicles/

Froze at 60fps on the mission Mountain Cloud Boys. So I recorded it with Fraps, but no need to upload it I think. I even tried the jetpack cheat lol.

Also I reloaded my game at 60fps again, froze. Retried at 30fps and no freeze.

Looks to be an fps issue

Edited by snoops26

So 30 FPS is a must, I quess. Well, good is that with limiter you can freely use FPS-hungry mods. The bad, that even stady 30 FPS is not smooth, like stutter. Even crappy port of RE6 runs much more smoother than SA :(

Edited by uncaged

So 30 FPS is a must, I quess. Well, good is that with limiter you can freely use FPS-hungry mods. The bad, that even stady 30 FPS is not smooth, like stutter. Even crappy port of RE6 runs much more smoother than SA :(

Turn Vsync on in the control panel of your gpu, if that doesn't help then you just have to get used to it.

jYzLR2j.png

I always force Vsync with driver or D3Doverrider. For SA with framelimit on I tried every Vsync method I could find and also tried external frame limiters, that caused even more stuttering. So must get used to it :) I dont actually mind 30 FPS.

I dont want to Heart Attack every time SA crash or bugging during walkthrough and think if that theoretical bug/crash caused by some mod or framelimiter, so I will better leave it on :)

But vsync is on when frame limiter is enabled

• Like 3

Holy sh*t you're right :p.

I use vsync at 60fps on every game. Even at 60fps SA gets buggy.

It seems the game will have problems at anything higher or lower than 30fps.

jYzLR2j.png

And people always keep saying they can't see the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS.

I am not happy with 30FPS either and I see lots of stutter when steering left or right but if SA gets buggy at 60FPS, then it's better to get used to 30FPS.

And people always keep saying they can't see the difference between 30FPS and 60FPS.

I am not happy with 30FPS either and I see lots of stutter when steering left or right but if SA gets buggy at 60FPS, then it's better to get used to 30FPS.

ohh, 30fps is unplayable, how people can hurt themselves playing with lower than 60fps :(:(:(:(
  • Like 1

If GTA SA gets buggy at 60FPS, then put it on:

tCIxw4t.png

Not sure if serious or irony.

Nevertheless, I tested the game with 34FPS cap (thanks MSI afterburner and rivatuner) and you could actually already feel that cars handled differently and swimming was already somewhat weird.

So no, if you want to play the game 100% okay, stick with frame limiter.

Turn Vsync on in the control panel of your gpu, if that doesn't help then you just have to get used to it.

For god's sake, never use vsync just to limit frame rate... it just introduces input lag and possibly stuttering

And besides, v-sync in gpu control panel is not meant to work with D3D games

Really?

And how original 25 FPS limit could work if v-synced and on 60Hz monitors?

ohh, 30fps is unplayable, how people can hurt themselves playing with lower than 60fps :(:(:(:(

You just need to get used to it. It's not the best experience ever, but at least you don't get screwed by physical oddness

Edited by mirh

If you don't use vsync you'll get massive tearing. FPS limiters of any kind were always useless for me.

Don't assume v-sync as an objective thing.

It really depends on people/monitors combinations.

Said this, FPS limiters should be used every time you don't have tearing issues. Otherwise v-sync is enough (providing the fine point of the framerate is a submultiple of your refresh rate)

• Like 2

There's official word about pre rendered frames on GTA San Andreas? If you set to 1 and leave Vsync on, it could help on input lag. Maybe...

If you don't use vsync you'll get massive tearing. FPS limiters of any kind were always useless for me.

Said this, FPS limiters should be used every time you don't have tearing issues. Otherwise v-sync is enough (providing the fine point of the framerate is a submultiple of your refresh rate)

I've yet to play any old game that didn't suffer from tearing and very ugly one at that.

Well I've been playing this game with vsync off since yesterday, only using the frame limiter at 30fps, and there's no tearing at all. Pretty sure it depends on the monitor you're using like mirh said.

jYzLR2j.png

I've yet to play any old game that didn't suffer from tearing and very ugly one at that.

As I said it just depends from screen and person.

I never notice it on my 2ms monitor. On the other hand I go nuts on my 32" TV...

In turn my sister wouldn't notice it even there.