3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

i'm 100% sure that it will be fixed after starting a new game,usually this happens when you replace some binary ipls

actually, you can mod the hell out of binary ipl's*, this issue is because of removed or added lines on regular ipl's.

let's say, LAe2.ipl have 255 item placement lines. If you add or remove a single line, boom.

In the end, seems to be a game bug... #silentpatchit?

*assuming you install them in the proper way

Edited by format c:

How would I? It's a design choice.

Found a bug in the entrance to big smokes crack palace, you go through the floor

[pics]

Experienced this issue and came up with two ideas of how to fix it.

You can find a way (a cleo mod of a kind) that'll allow you to replay the last mission, during and after which the palace (should) have a solid collision. Worth trying, as it may remain solid after saving as well.

The other that worked for me was reinstalling the game and using modloader.

• Like 1

Found a bug in the entrance to big smokes crack palace, you go through the floor

[pics]

Experienced this issue and came up with two ideas of how to fix it.

You can find a way (a cleo mod of a kind) that'll allow you to replay the last mission, during and after which the palace (should) have a solid collision. Worth trying, as it may remain solid after saving as well.

The other that worked for me was reinstalling the game and using modloader.

I used Cheat menu to access the mission and managed to close the wall, the only way to make the interior solid is to complete the mission again, i think this bug happens when you use a 100% save file downloaded from a website

Edited by Booty Warrior

To fix the floor behind the smash wall at Smoke Crack Palace in East LS use:

0776: create_objects_in_object_group "CARTER"            // v1 CARTER (Smoke's Crack Palace Floor)

Note that the IPL flags are different for v1 and v2 so if you switch data files (gta3.img, scripts and exes don't matter) you'll run into problems. This can also occur to a save if the binary IPL files are re-sequenced, as was mentioned above, and also between v1 and v2, but the code used above should always find the right file by name.

You may also want to check up on the pre-Yay Ka-Boom Boom crack factory in SF ("CRACK") and the bridge barriers to SF and LV ("BARRIERS1" and "BARRIERS2"). The crops at "TRUTHSFARM" usually aren't a problem, but that rounds out the list of IPL flags in the save.

Edited by OrionSR
  • Like 2

is SilentPatch compatible with imvehft 2.0.2?

You should ask it like this, "is my dial-up connection compactible with silentpatch? tanks Silents", "are my face compactible with silent patch? Tanks Silent", "SilentPatch crash ma game! F*ck Silent! Tanks Silent!"

Seriously, stop asking question ( especially, stupid one ) over and over again. If you are curious if it is compactible or not, try it yourself. If it's not working try clean game + Patch. Simple.

• Like 3

Silent, could you fix the dark motion-blur?

I've noticed that the PS2 post-process by The Hero is the only way to make the motion-blur stop to reduce the bright.

Thought I could keep that fix exclusive to Hero's mod, but I may also put it in the patch. Dunno yet.

• Like 2

Ok not sure if you guys consider this a bug or a feature, but I'm posting it here regardless. I noticed that when you aim with the sniper while crouched, you can shoot, roll and all that, but if you zoom in even if just a little CJ gets up.

jYzLR2j.png

is SilentPatch compatible with imvehft 2.0.2?

No, you need many tanks to be able to play SA with SilentPatch.

I use ImvehFt 2.1.0 and my face is compatible with SilentPatch after stealing tanks from DK.

Ok not sure if you guys consider this a bug or a feature, but I'm posting it here regardless. I noticed that when you aim with the sniper while crouched, you can shoot, roll and all that, but if you zoom in even if just a little CJ gets up.

It's quite annoying in multiplayer.

Got another bug that was also on ps2 version:

When using a siren in a police bike the cars don´t move out of your way like they do when you´re in a police car ambulance and firetruck

When using a siren in a police bike the cars don´t move out of your way like they do when you´re in a police car ambulance and firetruck

That's obviously a design choice!

• Like 3

That's obviously a design choice!

Maybe it's a reference to the fact police bikers are oftenly disrespected by the american population and how their ignorance results in blocking the path of the officer on his way to arrest criminals by the time of 1992?

Hm... nah, design choice.

The bike's narrower, I guess that's why :p

No, no. I think it was console limitations.

• Like 2

Don´t think it was because GTA VCS and the ballad of gay tony had police bikes and cars moved when you turned on the siren but whatever it´s not really that important

OK, I take it back. No hints in the code it's been done deliberately. It might be an overlook indeed.

OK, I take it back. No hints in the code it's been done deliberately. It might be an overlook indeed.

Could you make it toggle-able, please?

Could you make it toggle-able, please?

[00:00:51] ASH: You should fix the police bike thing

[00:00:53] ASH: but

[00:00:59] ASH: leave it out of the patch

[00:01:06] ASH: and only include it for VCS :p

Sounds like a plan?

Here´s a video with almost every difference between the PS2 version and the PC i´ll make a list down bellow

-Vehicles twitching in cutscenes and missions(Just Business with Big Smokes Bike, Intro Scene etc) (fixed by enabling the frame limiter)

-Bad parachute opening animations

-Only 1 phase of the moon (fixed in patch already)

-Plane and Heli rotor blade have incorrect visuals when spinning( fixed in patched already)

-Great amount of parked vehicles were removed (Beat up Glendale in the panopticon for example) map here (http://s14.postimg.org/lper6j5tt/cars_map.png)

-Some trucks and cars have only 2 back wheels instead of 4 (fixed in the patch), but i´ve seen a few trucks with only 2 wheels

-Building textures and objects that were removed or replaced in the PC version (see video)

-Lack of pedestrians in some areas where it was populated in the ps2 version (for example katies house, Zero´s shop etc)

-Glitched pay n spray in las venturas (patch closed the door so you can´t get in anymore)

-Prostitutes have more voices lines when you pay for her services in the ps2 version, some of them were cut on PC

Edited by Booty Warrior
  • Like 2

Here´s a video with almost every difference between the PS2 version and the PC i´ll make a list down bellow

-Vehicles twitching in cutscenes and missions(Just Business with Big Smokes Bike, Intro Scene etc) (fixed by enabling the frame limiter)

-Plane and Heli rotor blade have incorrect visuals when spinning( fixed in patched already)

-Great amount of parked vehicles were removed (Beat up Glendale in the panopticon for example) map here (http://s14.postimg.org/lper6j5tt/cars_map.png)

-Some trucks and cars have only 2 back wheels instead of 4 (fixed in the patch), but i´ve seen a few trucks with only 2 wheels

-Building textures and objects that were removed or replaced in the PC version (see video)

-Lack of pedestrians in some areas where it was populated in the ps2 version (for example katies house, Zero´s shop etc)

-Glitched pay n spray in las venturas (patch closed the door so you can´t get in anymore)

-Prostitutes have more voices lines when you pay for her services in the ps2 version, some of them were cut on PC

There was already a thread talking of that. http://gtaforums.com/topic/749193-sa-ps2-features-to-pc/

The only thing I can't see fixed is the hookers voices

Edited by mirh
  • Like 2

There was already a thread talking of that. http://gtaforums.com/topic/749193-sa-ps2-features-to-pc/

Thanks for sharing that, wonder if silent can add most of those mods to the patch so we can have just 1 big mod instead of multiple ones to increase stability

This is not tatally related question but whatever.

Has anyone been able to use bullethole and shell mod with Steam copy ?

It was working fine on hlm demo version. I've tried different asi loaders, exe versions and still no luck. All other stuff works fine. Including Silent patch.

Do I need to get demo version back ?

Thanks for sharing that, wonder if silent can add most of those mods to the patch so we can have just 1 big mod instead of multiple ones to increase stability

AFAIK, Silent doesn't wants to mess with SCM-related stuff, at least for the time being. There should be another mod for SCM fixes only, to keep things consistent.

On the contrary, for stability separate mods should be better since if there was a problem you could more easily pinpoint the faulty one.

Anyway, silentpatch tries to fix exisiting bugs. Many PS2 features are not even included in the PC edition.. and other times they require new models and other resources files...

So no, leave Silent alone with its magic

Oh nice, I haven't seen that video yet.

Why'd no one post it in the topic until now? LOL

Edited by Silent