3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

The traffic problems being described could be a symptom of too much play time. It's a problem that gets worse over time but it's pretty easy to notice at around 150 hours. The current strategy is to use the Savegame Editor v3.x or hmvartak's online glitch repair tool to reset all timers to 0.

GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.0 by Paul Breeuwsma: http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

Online Glitch Repair Tool http://hmvartak.freeiz.com/fix.htm

In my case, I have traffic problems after starting new game. Better way to show that bug is video, but I have very bad internet connection. Describing that problem - traffic moves curiously, toushing pillars, cars slows down but wheels continue to rotate as it were at a higher rate, and other ... I have clean GTA SA 1.0 US with SilentPatch installed.

Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE

The traffic AI becomes somewhat more realistic when you run into the side of them with CJ. They then act like the cops do.

Another thing I've noticed is that a lot of the time cars won't move even though there's a wide enough gap for them to drive through. Is there some sort of way to fix this? Maybe it has to do with the .RRR files or something.

Is there a chance for us to have a patch-version without moonphases feature? I really like that IMFX-version, but it also doesn't work with the patch.

The same for option "Muzzle flash looks better now" - that muzzle (original one) appears right after IMFX-muzzle and looks ugly.

With patch:

Rnaf.jpg

Without patch (hard to show, but there is no originally styled flash):

Rnac.jpg

Maybe that features (moonphases tweak and muzzle flashes) can be done with possibility to switch them on or off by user - using the same ini-file, like for the other options?

I found out there's a way to turn off muzzle flashes if you rename IMFX.asi to SARender.asi... But it disables NVC shaders and two-pass rendering too, even if you enable them in .INI. :(

Is there a chance for us to have a patch-version without moonphases feature? I really like that IMFX-version, but it also doesn't work with the patch.

The same for option "Muzzle flash looks better now" - that muzzle (original one) appears right after IMFX-muzzle and looks ugly.

With patch:

-snip-

Without patch (hard to show, but there is no originally styled flash):

-snip-

Maybe that features (moonphases tweak and muzzle flashes) can be done with possibility to switch them on or off by user - using the same ini-file, like for the other options?

I found out there's a way to turn off muzzle flashes if you rename IMFX.asi to SARender.asi... But it disables NVC shaders and two-pass rendering too, even if you enable them in .INI. :(

Is there really a logical explanation for this? lol

it is, because silentpatch check for a file named "SARender.asi" if the file present, it disable the NVC shader and Two-pass rendering

it is, because silentpatch check for a file named "SARender.asi" if the file present, it disable the NVC shader and Two-pass rendering

It's very stupid way to rename a file to disable some feature while it's possible to toggle it via .ini file

It's very stupid way to rename a file to disable some feature while it's possible to toggle it via .ini file

alayanrole, please, read carefully the initial request.The question was not "How to disable something in Silent Patch?".

Anyway, hope Silent will do requested options as both plugins from DK are popular, but it's very pity to have them "half-working".

The traffic problems being described could be a symptom of too much play time. It's a problem that gets worse over time but it's pretty easy to notice at around 150 hours. The current strategy is to use a Savegame Editor to reset all timers to 0.

I think, Silent can fix the timers always in 0 via SilentPatch.

It wouldn't be a good idea to always reset them, some SCM stuff would break then. And I guess not only SCM.

• Like 3

Plus it's a workaround, not a fix. It must be caused by some functions going crazy when dealing with "time-played-related" integers getting bigger.

It wouldn't be a good idea to always reset them, some SCM stuff would break then. And I guess not only SCM.

What about keep it at 50h? It's atleast better than 0.

What about keep it at 50h? It's atleast better than 0.

No difference.

Tweaking the timers isn't the the sort of thing that SilentPatch should do. They are required for normal game operation. The save editing strategy is a rather brutal and arrogant "fix"; it assumes we fully understand every timer in the save. And now that I think about it, the Savegame Editor's Fix Tool has been updated to tweak a few PC global variables to avoid a problem with phone calls waiting forever (triggering any side-mission fixes this anyway), and a very rare glitch that limits the number of meals CJ can eat if you reset the timers just after a fast food meal. However, players have been using these tools for years with no other unexpected consequences.

The symptoms can be created or cleared simply by adjusting the global timer. Resetting all the other timers is required when removing global time or every other structure in the save will wait forever before it does something again, or stops doing something. None of the threads wake up, dropped weapons and money litter the sidewalks until collected, parked cars refuse to respawn, and the weather goes insane.

This strategy isn't suggested for all traffic problems. These symptoms are most noticeable on freeways and near overpasses (LV Ring Road):

* Jittery traffic flow - it's like the cars jump 6 inches at a time but it's not a frame rate issue.

* Vehicles that spawn forward, disappear and reappear backward, and sometimes merge bodies with other vehicles or objects.

* PC players find the issues hard to miss after about 150 hours.

An odd clue: PS2 players report similar, perhaps more severe issues near 500 hours of game play. I can't confirm that the issues are related.

Edited by OrionSR
  • Like 3

sorry if this bug is already reported, I don't follow this topic :)

The last version I used was very old, today I came here for a new version (to fix a z-fighting bug) but I got a new bug, now, is the car lighting don't working

jpg240.jpg

I'm using the test 11 beta (of previous page)

My video card is Intel HD Graphics 2500 (onboard)

@thisBugIsntAboutSilentPatch

about THIS "holes" around the map, is this a game rendering bug or a really fail of the map model? (really? R* modelers don't properly joined the vertices?? I don't think that's it, really)

Edited by Junior_Djjr

@thisBugIsntAboutSilentPatch

about THIS "holes" around the map, is this a game rendering bug or a really fail of the map model? (really? R* modelers don't properly joined the vertices?? I don't think that's it, really)

There are quite a few of these around in SA. I think they have fixed some, and are posting the rest here

fxoNkvf.png

The last version I used was very old, today I came here for a new version (to fix a z-fighting bug) but I got a new bug, now, is the car lighting don't working

Um, could it be a broken timecyc? Are you using any modded one?

Getting a weird bug where every time I switch to Radio X my game immediately crashes. Other stations seem to work fine, but I get the odd crash here and there from some stations, but only Radio X is 100% consistent in crashing the second I switch to it.

I'm using silentpatch beta 3.

I didn't have this problem earlier but out of nowhere I started getting this bug.

I have also made no attempt to restore the 18 songs that was removed.

My reply will probably be useless and may be out of place, but I just wanted to thank you all guys who are still working on San Andreas. This game is really worth it. I can't wait to coming back home at the end of December to play it again by using all the updates you worked on. So thanks you all guys, a special thank to Silent as well - even though I don't have a Twitter account, I still follow your progress on this platform, so keep it up. Thanks you all because this is one of the rarest community I am proud being a part of.

Have a good weekend.

Hey,I want a help

OG Loc missions not started even i passed all other missions when go to marker it didn't start,I tested it on a modded as well fully clean game,i use the savefiles of modded game on clean game so i think its because of : Silentpatch or limit adjuster or my save game is corrupt

can you tell me what is this issue?

It's unlikely the patch corrupts the savegames. Would say it's not my fault.

Getting a weird bug where every time I switch to Radio X my game immediately crashes. Other stations seem to work fine, but I get the odd crash here and there from some stations, but only Radio X is 100% consistent in crashing the second I switch to it.

I didn't have this problem earlier but out of nowhere I started getting this bug.

Using an old exe with newsteam data (streams and lookup) will cause a crash when it tries to play a missing song. If you're using newsteam data, you need to use the newsteam exe. That said, it's odd that it's so consistent with RadioX.

Using an old exe with newsteam data (streams and lookup) will cause a crash when it tries to play a missing song. If you're using newsteam data, you need to use the newsteam exe. That said, it's odd that it's so consistent with RadioX.

Then can I just try to put the songs that were removed back into the game?

Shouldn't that fix it?

Shouldn't that fix it?

mostly like the best thing you can do

http://gtaforums.com/topic/669045-iiivcsaasi-silentpatch/?p=1066466427

Shouldn't that fix it?

mostly like the best thing you can do

http://gtaforums.com/topic/669045-iiivcsaasi-silentpatch/?p=1066466427

Will I still be able to use the Silent Patch if I do this?

Too afraid to go ahead and just do it as I don't want to brick my game.

Of course you'll be able to still use it, the main EXE I support IS 1.0 US after all.

also, what's there to be afraid of? If you have a Steam copy, just verify game files if you brick the game and voila, you're on a clean game again.

Um, could it be a broken timecyc? Are you using any modded one?

Yes, but I put the original Timecycle and removed the Colorcycle (of NTAuthority), and...

jpg243.jpg

Is envmap darker/stronger? cuz the cromos (rims etc) is stronger too (or is only visual impression) edit: no, look at end of post

remembering that, I was using the old version of SilentPatch and had not this bug, the version of z-fighting's bug

(I'm using the original xvehicleenv128, my game is almost clean)

edit: I removed the envmap to test, the bug is only the illumination of vehicle...

jpg244.jpg

and, wow, this is a bug or feature? :p

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Erm, illumination is now toggled on for all timecycs, so for semi-broken PC timecycs it's available too. I would call it a feature then.

Still, don't think it should be that dark... It should actually be a bit brighter than the original game.