3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

Doing the mission at night, those "sun rays" are not present. So is safe to say it's a timed object/model?

Sorry guys but i'm new on this forum. So , dear creator , sorry if my quesiton is kinda stupid , but I just pass from page 30 to 84 so maybe you already answer the question.

¿Is there a probably that you could make this patch from the ''NEW'' Steam version? I mean , i know that in the readme file you explain that just some things works on the new steam version , but can you do it? Or it just impossible because these steam versions sucks and the mod is incompatible? I mean , it would be awesome to have the full patch on the steam version

Sorry for me ultra- bad english and a double sorry if you already answer the question!

Lucky4LeafClover

Hero's shader is great (not a huge difference but noticeable to say the least). So let me share in that love and appreciation of it here :D

@tDfir:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/12120/discussions/0/34096318964479523/?tscn=1417406813#p1 (scroll to the top, and go the section in the FAQ that deals with the downgrader)

The best and easiest way, IMO, to get Silent Patch to work with absolutely no problems is to use the 3.0 downgrader and then apply Silent Patch to the Steam version. All the information and download mirrors can be found in that Steam discussion I linked. And yes, everything's safe and accurate (it was made by me!) and I'm sure Silent's okay with me posting it here.

Best of luck, and if you have any problems, post a message on that discussion or on this forum again.

Edited by Lucky4LeafClover
  • Like 3

There's a reason if aero gets disabled. actually though I can't exactly remember it

I guess it has something to do with intro videos and alt-tabbing

Anyway, try this

Thank you

+1 to allow alt-tabbing, but black intro videos are not a big problem

Edited by Marsi4eg

Sorry guys but i'm new on this forum. So , dear creator , sorry if my quesiton is kinda stupid , but I just pass from page 30 to 84 so maybe you already answer the question.

¿Is there a probably that you could make this patch from the ''NEW'' Steam version? I mean , i know that in the readme file you explain that just some things works on the new steam version , but can you do it? Or it just impossible because these steam versions sucks and the mod is incompatible? I mean , it would be awesome to have the full patch on the steam version

Sorry for me ultra- bad english and a double sorry if you already answer the question!

I'm not supporting the latest Steam version fully as apparently Rockstar has another dev branch on Steam, which means they might be updating it fairly soon. That means this EXE might die soon and the efforts will go to waste.

Just downgrade to 3.0.

Oh, look what tool I've finally gotten to work

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46581994/screenshot_2014-11-28_17-53-14_2.jpg

(warning - huge)

Any ideas what kind of compatibility fixes SA needs? The only thing I see is broken mouse in menu.

GeDoSaTo? Nice!

According to the compatibility list:

Downsampling works fine but cutscenes are freezing in a very "epileptic" manner, especially at the beginning of the game. Mouse issues as well. Shouldn't be a problem if you play on pad.

Default injection method, forceAlwaysDownsamplingRes = false

I'll try it out when I get home.

Edited by zer0blivion

Hero's shader is great (not a huge difference but noticeable to say the least). So let me share in that love and appreciation of it here :D

@tDfir:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/12120/discussions/0/34096318964479523/?tscn=1417406813#p1 (scroll to the top, and go the section in the FAQ that deals with the downgrader)

The best and easiest way, IMO, to get Silent Patch to work with absolutely no problems is to use the 3.0 downgrader and then apply Silent Patch to the Steam version. All the information and download mirrors can be found in that Steam discussion I linked. And yes, everything's safe and accurate (it was made by me!) and I'm sure Silent's okay with me posting it here.

Best of luck, and if you have any problems, post a message on that discussion or on this forum again.

Yeah , I just downgrade to the 1.0 to install mods but when I install the patch the game just doesn't open.

I'm not supporting the latest Steam version fully as apparently Rockstar has another dev branch on Steam, which means they might be updating it fairly soon. That means this EXE might die soon and the efforts will go to waste.

Just downgrade to 3.0.

I hope so! The PC version without mods is the worst of all version!

Fixed a 1.0-only crash some people were encountering since the 11th test version. Oddly, I never had it myself.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46581994/patchsatest/silentpatch_11_beta.zip

Lucky4LeafClover

@tDfir - did you downgrade from 3.0 FIRST, then to 1.0? Many users have had problems going straight to 1.0 with the Steam release. Also, make sure you've followed all the instructions carefully. That's all the help I can offer right now.

@Silent - what 1.0 crash specifically? I remember having the odd loading screen crash (often when I was travelling on a plane to another part of San Andreas), sometimes cutscene crashes (crashes right before/after a cutscene) and sometimes random crashes when vehicles and so forth exploded.

I haven't had any of these crashes on my new machine recently but on my Vista machine I remember having them and I tried a few different PCs and had this (game usually crashed after a few hours). I wonder if those crashes are now addressed by the memory leak and crash fixes mentioned in Silent Patch's changelog though....

Anyway: good luck with the rest of the patch.

That crash was caused by me patching one opcode wrongly, in fact ;)

There's a reason if aero gets disabled. actually though I can't exactly remember it

I guess it has something to do with intro videos and alt-tabbing

Anyway, try this

Thank you

+1 to allow alt-tabbing, but black intro videos are not a big problem

Just want to mention that I had black intros with DK22Pac's Multisamling Fix and in-game AA ON :)

For the tenth time

That thing about turn the FX on Low is not true. Well, not for me because I always had been playing GTA SA on Low just to get rid of those ugly dynamic shadows.

However, intro movies does work when AA is OFF..

SA (any version) seems to crash with latest AMD drivers when no .set file exists - if attaching a second monitor and setting resolution to native the game works fine. Could the game be defaulted to native resolution rather than some arbitrary resolution just to work around such issues?

SsZgxdL.png

Inactive in GTA/R* title modification indefinitely pursuant to a court order obtained by TTWO. Good job acting against modding!

When using 13AG's Widescreen with Wesser's HOR+, my game sets to my native resolution by itself, but on my sister's machine the VGA display is connected to DVI video card via adapter so it doesn't know which resolution is native, IDK how would SA react to this, but she had problems launching The Sims 4, so we had to force window-mode and then set the resolution manually.

Edited by Claude Liberty

Traffic vehicles movement in v 1.0 isn't smooth, there are something like freezes and other stupid bugs, easy to notice this on highways, but in the steam version traffic vehicles move smoothly. I hope you understand what I mean. Could that be fixed for v1.0 in theory?

SA (any version) seems to crash with latest AMD drivers when no .set file exists - if attaching a second monitor and setting resolution to native the game works fine. Could the game be defaulted to native resolution rather than some arbitrary resolution just to work around such issues?

...but it's doing so already? :O:O:O

...but it's doing so already? :O:O:O

... even on newsteam?

Edited by NTAuthority

SsZgxdL.png

Inactive in GTA/R* title modification indefinitely pursuant to a court order obtained by TTWO. Good job acting against modding!

... even on newsteam?

Even on newsteam. Probably the nazi branch too.

A lot of vehicles (especially on highways) spawn vertical in the ground. Not sure if that was covered by Marsi4eg's post but I wanted to mention it just in case. Do you think that bug could be patchable?

• Like 2

Some can spawn inside cliffs too lol, wish I had a pic. Also highways traffic is pretty damn messy, there's already a mod that fixes that but in consequence drivers will be way too careful with next to zero accidents.

• Like 2

jYzLR2j.png

Some can spawn inside cliffs too lol, wish I had a pic. Also highways traffic is pretty damn messy, there's already a mod that fixes that but in consequence drivers will be way too careful with next to zero accidents.

I'm using a CLEO script that makes all drivers' AI the same as the cop cars' AI but cars still spawn in the ground and sometimes in other cars too, lol. :D

The traffic problems being described could be a symptom of too much play time. It's a problem that gets worse over time but it's pretty easy to notice at around 150 hours. The current strategy is to use the Savegame Editor v3.x or hmvartak's online glitch repair tool to reset all timers to 0.

GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.0 by Paul Breeuwsma: http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

Online Glitch Repair Tool http://hmvartak.freeiz.com/fix.htm

Edited by OrionSR

The traffic problems being described could be a symptom of too much play time. It's a problem that gets worse over time but it's pretty easy to notice at around 150 hours. The current strategy is to use the Savegame Editor v3.x or hmvartak's online glitch repair tool to reset all timers to 0.

GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.0 by Paul Breeuwsma: http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

Online Glitch Repair Tool http://hmvartak.freeiz.com/fix.htm

Hmm, my savegame was the last time saved in 2006 but in Steam version I've started a new game.. Thank you, I'll try what you said.

-----

That solved a problem, really BIG thank you

lol, I was playing with this traffic bug for years and one day it became fixed in few clicks, just awesome!!

I hate it when traffic cars spawn backwards or when they do donuts to correct that mistake

This is also one of stupid behavior

Edited by Marsi4eg

Probably it was mentioned earlier - but patch let's say "incompatible" with ImVehFt 2.1.1. With DK's mod installed the similar cars had the same caplates. Without this mod feature from Silent's patch becomes available:

Rnad.jpgRnae.jpg

I downloaded patch from post #2528. Any chance to make it possible to have both features at the same time?

Is there a chance for us to have a patch-version without moonphases feature? I really like that IMFX-version, but it also doesn't work with the patch.

The same for option "Muzzle flash looks better now" - that muzzle (original one) appears right after IMFX-muzzle and looks ugly.

With patch:

Rnaf.jpg

Without patch (hard to show, but there is no originally styled flash):

Rnac.jpg

Maybe that features (moonphases tweak and muzzle flashes) can be done with possibility to switch them on or off by user - using the same ini-file, like for the other options?

Edited by little_idiot

I almost forgot. You should merge your trails mod into SilentPatchVC as it is restored PS2 feature kinda like the cars drive on water cheat in SA.