3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

Wanted to look for something and found this: http://www.gamemodding.net/en/gta-san-andreas/gta-sa-mods/47064-three-helicopters-with-rotor-blur.html

I don't want to download it because it may contain viruses. Can somebody open it in a closed environment and post the code so that Silent can see if it's ripped from SilentPatch?

I'm just wondering why this comes up now, when SilentPatchSA (beta) is already released. But maybe it's a false alarm and it's really done from scratch.

>100% no viruses!

>gotta wait ~20 seconds to download

>exe

lol

Edited by johnny404

How goes progress with the patch Silent? :)

Pretty well! I asked @The Hero for help regarding NVC shader Z fighting and he managed to fix it! Now he's looking into twopass rendering and trying to improve it :)

What about all those reported bugs that you said there were scm related? I understand you don't want to touch it, but maybe in the future you can release a scm exclusive bugfix patch.

What about all those reported bugs that you said there were scm related? I understand you don't want to touch it, but maybe in the future you can release a scm exclusive bugfix patch.

Like which?

quadruple insane stunt, cell phone and jetpack hud icons, impound icons on radar (since you restored the functionality in your patch), any mission related issues (customs fast track/wang cars spawn a savannah instead of a jester in the car showroom) and etc, you probaby have knowledge about some more

Edited by format c:

But... TTDISA

It'd be great if TTDISA was redone in more, say, open way. I mean it's amazing mod and all, but it's way less moddable, some things like Idaho or Deluxo are out of place, some fixes are more like workarounds. Just one clean multiple-exes-compatible ASI-script, one CLEO-script and nessesary FXT-file, kinda like Silent's Aircraft, plus some must-have fixes.

Ah, nevermind.

how would a cleo script modify the main multiscript

SsZgxdL.png

Inactive in GTA/R* title modification indefinitely pursuant to a court order obtained by TTWO. Good job acting against modding!

Any ideas what kind of compatibility fixes SA needs? The only thing I see is broken mouse in menu.

Fix to not disable Aero for 1.0 us exe

Edited by Marsi4eg

It'd be great if TTDISA was redone in more, say, open way. I mean it's amazing mod and all, but it's way less moddable, some things like Idaho or Deluxo are out of place, some fixes are more like workarounds. Just one clean multiple-exes-compatible ASI-script, one CLEO-script and nessesary FXT-file, kinda like Silent's Aircraft, plus some must-have fixes.

Ah, nevermind.

I know what you feel. We need San Andreas Extended Edition with restored most of beta stuff, things from mobile version and bugfixed as much as its possible :p
  • Like 2

Ah, nevermind.

I know what you feel. We need San Andreas Extended Edition with restored most of beta stuff, things from mobile version and bugfixed as much as its possible :p

What's this obsession with beta stuff? Not everything in the beta was better than the retail game, same with the mobile version.

• Like 4

Only thing from TTDISA I liked was the cut dialogue and using some models like Beta Smoke in the cutscene where he plays basketball with Sweet or Beta Sweet when he leaves prison. The models really fit those cutscenes.

Only thing from TTDISA I liked was the cut dialogue and using some models like Beta Smoke in the cutscene where he plays basketball with Sweet or Beta Sweet when he leaves prison. The models really fit those cutscenes.

I was thinking about this and thinking why it was never done before, but I felt like it already was. There it is, thanks for the heads up :p

Well I would argue mobile version has better UI. Radar/Map and HUD on PC is blurry as sh*t

No one would disagree with you on it being blurry compared to mobile - all of the HUD and UI art was remastered in much higher resolution for mobile. That's why there's a few mods to get the mobile UI textures on PC.

Yeah I was just cherrypicking TJGM's statement since he forgot about them :p

Edited by Blackbird88

Ah, nevermind.

What's this obsession with beta stuff? Not everything in the beta was better than the retail game, same with the mobile version.

I thought about removed peds, cars, paintjobs, some sidemissions from beta. and about mobile version things - the improvements like better UI textures or shadows.

TTDISA is more unstable than my love life (if she reads this: screw you, you ungrateful bitch)

Yeah I was just cherrypicking TJGM's statement since he forgot about them :p

Cherrypicking! New word learned and saved!

TTDISA is more unstable than my love life (if she reads this: screw you, you ungrateful bitch)

Right now you should focus on San Andreas. It's the ungrateful bitch #1. If you still don't believe me, look at the pedestrians ingame. Did they notice the changes you've made to their environment? Well, mine didn't notice them, too...

• Like 3

What is all that testicle-tickeling garbage about Mobile version is much than the PC version??

No, it's not. Mobile is f*cking ugly and too shiny. Mobile completely destroys the good ol'e GTA atmosphere and envoirenments.

• Like 3

@Silent - great to hear. Hopefully you can get that shader perfected someday :p

@SilverRST - the only thing I like about the mobile port is the hands of NPCs being more detailed and less glove-looking:

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21547/fingers.jpg

Edited by Lucky4LeafClover

Those "detailed hands" are for main characters only afaik. Regular peds still have kitty cat paws.

• Like 3

jYzLR2j.png

What is all that testicle-tickeling garbage about Mobile version is much than the PC version??

No, it's not. Mobile is f*cking ugly and too shiny. Mobile completely destroys the good ol'e GTA atmosphere and envoirenments.

Well, I do despise that port as much as you do but at least you have to admit that the textures are done really good! I mean my palm trees are smooth as fᴜϲk with mipmapping and two-pass and also the bar-bells are finally fixed! For years people thought they were golden and they realized that it was a wooden texture leftover from Vice City!

@StrafeBolt - thanks for that. Just shows how much R* really cares about a "HD" update to arguably one of their best games.

Except noone here said anything about the character models just their HD hands. Chill out dude.

@Silent - great to hear. Hopefully you can get that shader perfected someday :p

@SilverRST - the only thing I like about the mobile port is the hands of NPCs being more detailed and less glove-looking:

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21547/fingers.jpg

Hold on a second! so someone already converted mobile models to pc, was i the only one to knowing this xD?