3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

Well I'm pissed that after getting my GTA:SA Steam version with the HOODLUM/NO CD/Compact.exe etc, Cleo installed, Asi loader, 2dfx etc to find out that nothing will get CLEO scripts to work at all- game will boot but no script, no matter .cs3 for compatibility or not, will load- in the cleo text file, they're not even mentioned, the main issue with this is being the damn Streamed memory limiting the game massively. Driven to other means of aquiring the original game to get back to what I had originally in mind.. Sigh

And for reference, all my installations were spot on, admin privileges for the whole folder, put it this way I could use CLEO mods before in the unpatched Steam version so nothing's changed on the Windows side of things.

Edited by Argonaut

Wanted to look for something and found this: http://www.gamemodding.net/en/gta-san-andreas/gta-sa-mods/47064-three-helicopters-with-rotor-blur.html

I don't want to download it because it may contain viruses. Can somebody open it in a closed environment and post the code so that Silent can see if it's ripped from SilentPatch?

I'm just wondering why this comes up now, when SilentPatchSA (beta) is already released. But maybe it's a false alarm and it's really done from scratch.

Edited by Nights744

Wanted to look for something and found this: http://www.gamemodding.net/en/gta-san-andreas/gta-sa-mods/47064-three-helicopters-with-rotor-blur.html

I don't want to download it because it may contain viruses. Can somebody open it in a closed environment and post the code so that Silent can see it it's ripped from SilentPatch?

I'm just wondering why this comes up now, when SilentPatchSA (beta) is already released. But maybe it's a false alarm and it's really done from scratch.

Pfft, Gamemodding never contain viruses, just some stupid adware package that can easily be avoided. I've done alot of mods through here, they never appear on AVG+ Malware Antibytes. I'll post the code in a second after i've downloaded it:

EDIT: It's literally just Slient Patch put on the GameModding websites, like I've seen before, the whole network of vicecity.ru/game modding are just a bunch of f*cking modthieves regardless of the mod developer's personal choice where it is to be uploaded on which sites. They deserve my adblock.

Evidence (SilentPatch.cfg):

[silentPatch]
; Enables an experimental two-pass rendering for objects with alpha
; This will significantly improve the way alpha blending looks and solve most of so-called 'alpha bugs'
; HOWEVER it might introduce several other bugs AND have a negative performance impact
TwoPassRendering=0
; This enables SCM-related fixes
; Currently, it includes Gym Glitch fix and Basketball Glitch fix
EnableScriptFixes=0
; This enables shader-based Night Vertex Colours
; Disabling this fixes a bug where objects are invisible in SA-MP
NVCShader=0
; This will make the game skip EAX/NVIDIA intro splashes, so it starts from the intro movies just like Steam version
; NOTE: Has no effect when used with Steam EXE
SkipIntroSplashes=0
; This resizes subtitles and radio station name to be in line with a Steam version
; Setting this to 1 when using 1.0/1.01 makes the texts match 3.0 size, while setting this to 0
; when using 3.0 makes the text match 1.0/1.01 size
SmallSteamTexts=0
; This re-enables a glitched feature where gang-occupied zone names display with a colour of that gang
; Setting it to 0 will disable the colour from showing in all cases, even in the cases it was showing on a clean game
ColouredZoneNames=0
Edited by Argonaut

What EXACT exe are you using?

Thank you Silent! Got it working now. I'm not exactly sure, but I was searching for a "Hoodlum 1.0" english version and found this exe, with size: 13.7 MB (14,383,616 bytes). Now your SilentPatch works fine in both singleplayer and SAMP. No crashes so far. However I found that the game menu and hud still dont actually match for a widescreen. Just to compare, I have included some screenshots from Wesser's Widescreen Fix and SilentPatch here;

In-game with SilentPatch: Widescreen ON: Default player viewpoint:

silentpatchwideon.gif

Game menu with SilentPatch:

silentpatchwideonmenu.gif

In-game with Wesser's WSF: Widescreen ON: Default player viewpoint:

wesserwsfwideon.gif

Game menu with Wesser's WSF for the above settings:

wesserwsfwideonmenu.gif

Wesser's WSF seems to work, also it had a matching menu/hud for my 1280x720 resolution. But with lower resolutions like 640x480, 800x600, even with or without Widescreen option: ON/OFF it didn't worked the same way as expected. His mod also disabled some original game effects like "heathaze", and also it had a graphical bug with SAMP. I already posted that in his thread. However, your beta version of SilentPatch also seems to work in-game, but I wasn't able to get a matching menu/hud for my resolution with it. Just to say my opinion here, I have no idea about programming or modding, and I understand that this kind of work will take months to work on. But as a big fan of PC modding and modders, right now the priority should be a proper resolution/widescreen fix for the US 1.0 version of San Andreas. That one fix will change the way of all other mods, like you did with your own Silent's ASI Loader..

Silent just enabled 16:9 resolution, nothing else. It is broken by R*.

HirLWl5.gif

Now your SilentPatch works fine in both singleplayer and SAMP. No crashes so far. However I found that the game menu and hud still dont actually match for a widescreen.

As said, it's not meant to.

Silent just enabled 16:9 resolution, nothing else. It is broken by R*.

Yea man, I had no idea what I was typing. Anyways thanks for the information..

Now your SilentPatch works fine in both singleplayer and SAMP. No crashes so far. However I found that the game menu and hud still dont actually match for a widescreen.

As said, it's not meant to.

Yea man, I had no idea what I was typing. Anyways thanks for that information. I think I will just wait, that's better! :D

I installed SilentPatch and it works perfectly on SA:MP, with one exception: spec lighting has disappeared completely from vehicles. I am unable to test this on singleplayer, though.

Any pointers?

The problem is in their txds,ash posted them somewhere in this topic

The problem is in their txds,ash posted them somewhere in this topic

You should really include them in you car fixes if Ash doesn't mind. You have maverick.txd already included with some additional fixes.

Edited by Blackbird88

In the new pack i posted also the maverick.txd

Edited by Aztecas_5

I don't know why i wrote maverick.txd

I included the sparrow/maverick/skimmer.txd

• Like 1

I think the broken rotor on Stuntplane is DFF's fault. Not 100% sure though.

I know this might be an odd question, but is there a way to make the vehicles in San Andreas permanently dirty again?

I installed SilentPatch and it works perfectly on SA:MP, with one exception: spec lighting has disappeared completely from vehicles. I am unable to test this on singleplayer, though.

Any pointers?

Silent, please.

I don't use SAMP, so no clue.

• Like 1

If you want to properly mod SA you must decide between having multiplayer or not, SA-MP is just going to hold you back with all the limitations it has, and this comes from someone who used to play SA-MP a lot. What you can do is create another San Andreas directory just for SA-MP and nothing else.

• Like 3

jYzLR2j.png

If you want to properly mod SA you must decide between having multiplayer or not, SA-MP is just going to hold you back with all the limitations it has, and this comes from someone who used to play SA-MP a lot. What you can do is create another San Andreas directory just for SA-MP and nothing else.

Or use MTA :D

which is also open source

Edited by mirh

I have no idea of what you did, but is working great now. Thanks Silent :^:

Btw, are you planning to re-enable other content with your patch like what you did with the impound feature?

AlexanderS4.gif

Oh, look what tool I've finally gotten to work

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46581994/screenshot_2014-11-28_17-53-14_2.jpg

(warning - huge)

Any ideas what kind of compatibility fixes SA needs? The only thing I see is broken mouse in menu.

Silent?

Silent, before you do that, please go put my trash out and clean the dishes. Then you can fix all of the SA issues.

(i'm not making fun of you, Claude, I just find it funny how we want Silent to solve all of the problems :p)