3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Silent

SilentPatch

NTAuthority

unless someone comes with a fix for alpha bug, this mod is already the most expected of the year

Although @Wesser might probably storm in and prove me false, currently I think it might require rewriting a good portion of the game code. For example, I managed to make weapons render under car windows like on PS2 (function naming clearly shows the weapon rendering is different on PC), BUT the side effect is

muzzle.jpg

why not take rsl3d once it's ported to x86

i mean, it had to be compatible with rw somehow

lpgunit

unless someone comes with a fix for alpha bug, this mod is already the most expected of the year

Although @Wesser might probably storm in and prove me false, currently I think it might require rewriting a good portion of the game code. For example, I managed to make weapons render under car windows like on PS2 (function naming clearly shows the weapon rendering is different on PC), BUT the side effect ismuzzle.jpg
why not take rsl3d once it's ported to x86 i mean, it had to be compatible with rw somehow

As I said in an earlier post, SA:Render pretty much rewrote the renderer, and thus seem to have fixed the alpha bug.

Inadequate

Are you going add this feature to the patch for San Andreas?:

Wet road reflections render properly again (just like with Road Reflections Fix)

Blackbird88

Wet road reflections render properly again (just like with Road Reflections Fix)

He already made SA version so I guess he will.

Silent

Yep!

Alt

Since we're on the subject of SA, any chance you could fix the missing props in Los Venturas? Seems bare without them.

IIRC TTDISA restores them, but I'd rather have it in vanilla SA as well. The parachute animation, too.

Parachute.dff from TTDISA. Replace in gta3.img or use with modloader.

Thanks dude. Is there anything else besides the map fixes that works on vanilla?

There's mostly SCM stuff. Here's some things that I guess can be applied to vanilla (didn't test)

- Fixed game bug in Los Santos - the Temple area is no longer announced as Sunnyside on police radios. [EXE stuff]- Fixed a glitch where several peds did not have any voices (notably the Security Guard, the Pimp and the  Firemen amongst others). [not sure about that]- Fixed, unlocked and indicated on the radar Pay'n'Spray in LV [probably needs CLEO]- Unlocked SF police station [also seen in Enterable Buildings Mod by the Realist]- Fixes to a number of boats - the radars on the Tropic and Predator now rotate like they should, the  Speeder may now appear in different variants as it should, the Marquis rudder now works properly and  the propellers on the Squalo now spin correctly plus it may now also appear with the rear spoiler as it  did in Vice City.- The DFT300 truck no longer has a missing wheel.- The Elegy, Flash, Uranus and Jester no longer gain strange white squares with their custom paint  jobs - the squares now correctly display their various decals instead.- The Bloodring and Sandking cars now have the correct logos on them instead of white squares where the  logos and decals should be.- News Vans now only come in one colour (this is to match the News Helicopters).- Fixed game bug where the Come-A-Lot sign in Las Venturas vanished at night.- Fixed game bug where door was missing/glitched on a safe house on Las Venturas.- Fixed game bug where the exterior textures for the Driving School in San Fierro vanished between 23.00pm  and midnight.--- And from the 'thanks list':*SeaNorris for the fixed Sandking, SuperGT and Uranus models (gives them correct specular lighting) the  enhanced Remington model (allows it to have a convertible variant)*OffRoader23 for the car foglights fix (makes them light up).*[NX] Joao.pt for the improved Walton model (more extras in the back), the fixed Dodo model (adds  correct specular lighting and more varied colours).*timpo for the fixed Sadler, Artict Trailer and Utility Trailer models (gives them correct specular  lighting).*andy-luzak for the modified Shamal model (allows it to use different colours) and the fixed Beagle  model (improves interior and fixes rear wheel and aileron bugs).- *oCain for his discovery that fixes some of the games animation sequences.- Fixed an issue on a number of staircases where CJ moved as if he was walking uphill rather than on  stairs*.*spaceeinstein for the staircase fix- Fixed game bugs in animation files that resulted in visual corruption of some ped models when they were  performing animations such as fighting or riding some vehicles*. *gosuke for the fixed animation files
Edited by Alt

Zera
- Fixed game bug where the Come-A-Lot sign in Las Venturas vanished at night.- Fixed game bug where the exterior textures for the Driving School in San Fierro vanished between 23.00pm  and midnight.

These two are very simple fixes. Both of them just require moving a line in map .ide files where Rockstar placed them incorrectly as tobjs instead of regular map objs.

The first one is in VegasE.ide: 8621, exclbrsign02_dy, excalibursign, 80, 132, 5, 22 (delete it from "tobj" section and place it on "obj" section).

The second one is in SFSe.ide: 10976, drivingsch_SFS, drivingschool_sfse, 150, 0, 0, 23 (delete it from "tobj" section and place it on "obj" section).

The other map related stuff such as missing objects is probably just a matter of editing these files too.

Silent

These two are very simple fixes. Both of them just require moving a line in map .ide files where Rockstar placed them incorrectly as tobjs instead of regular map objs.

The first one is in VegasE.ide: 8621, exclbrsign02_dy, excalibursign, 80, 132, 5, 22 (delete it from "tobj" section and place it on "obj" section).

The second one is in SFSe.ide: 10976, drivingsch_SFS, drivingschool_sfse, 150, 0, 0, 23 (delete it from "tobj" section and place it on "obj" section).

The other map related stuff such as missing objects is probably just a matter of editing these files too.

Those look like legit tobj lines though.

Zera

Those look like legit tobj lines though.

They aren't. I forgot to say you have to remove those last two numbers (the time indicator). So it would be "10976, drivingsch_SFS, drivingschool_sfse, 150, 0" and "8621, exclbrsign02_dy, excalibursign, 80, 132".

I've already confirmed this myself. It's what Deezire did.

KawakSallas

Vehicle fixes should be modded dff's, right? Anyone have a link do TTDISA? I never found any download, and I would like to research the files a little.

Inadequate

Vehicle fixes should be modded dff's, right? Anyone have a link do TTDISA? I never found any download, and I would like to research the files a little.

All do you need:

TTDISA v1

TTDISA Patch 1.2 by Silent

Search and download TTDISA_EXE_2_MODDED_HOODLUM

How to install

Thats all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One question Silent, are you going add the GTA SA PS2 vegetation to the patch? Because in PS2 have a tons of grass and vegetation around the map. Or is there any mod to return all PS2 vegetation to the PC version?

PS2 screen:

15i803s.jpg

Edited by inadequate

El Dorado

It's nothing big for a new topic, so I thought I'd share it here, hope Silent don't mind

We all know about the glitched Beagle spawning on Fort Carson, so I replaced it with a Walton

DLoBCih.jpg

As I said, it's nothing big, but it's my first (successful) experience with binary IPL's, so I'm very pround of myself

BiPolarBear

Well Silent, if your thinking of making a gta sa patch,i'll try to give you as much info as i can...

These are the most important and notable ones:

- Helicopters and Airplanes do not show the correct rotors when flying like they did in Vice City and on the PS2 version
- The moon does not go through phases like it does on the PS2 version
-When you get a prostitute in a car and let her do her thing,no sounds are heard
Others:
-The sun's ps2 effect is missing on the pc (Mod Available)
-Ps2 cars have reflection or pc they have white sheen (Mod Available)
-Wet road reflection (Mod Available)
-Just like inadequate said,the Ps2 has significantly more grass then the pc port no matter how high you put the visual quality
-Ps2 has 2 player,rampage(Available in things to do in san andreas)
-Pc parachute animations are static no matter how you move unlike the ps2(Available in things to do in san andreas)
-The Ps2 version has ridiculously much more vehicles parked around the map
-Many vehicles in the pc port have missing wheels(Some available in Things To Do In San Andreas)
-Peds waypoints are missing,most notably in cluckin'bell food stores,zero's rc chop and in front of katies house)
Just try to make the ones that are not available...
Good luck Man
Edited by lightning123

Matias_Montanna

Silent you'are working in San Andreas Version for the next update?

PD: Another thing in PS2 The sounds is better in quality?

Edited by Matias_Montanna

El Dorado

-The Ps2 version has ridiculously much more vehicles parked around the map

If they are controlled by IPL, I might take a look into it.

TJGM

All do you need:

TTDISA v1

TTDISA Patch 1.2 by Silent

Search and download TTDISA_EXE_2_MODDED_HOODLUM

How to install

Thats all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One question Silent, are you going add the GTA SA PS2 vegetation to the patch? Because in PS2 have a tons of grass and vegetation around the map. Or is there any mod to return all PS2 vegetation to the PC version?

PS2 screen:

[screenshot]

Odd, grass is spawned via materials, and unless R* went around the map changing the materials for collisions, I doubt that's the issue. If anyone has the PS2 version of the game, can they rip plants.dat from the game? Along with the models and textures which is in the grass folder. (already posted above)

TJGM

Yeah, Silent managed to get it for me. I tested it with the grass models from the PS2 that you supplied, doesn't seem to make much of a difference. So I guess R* really did change the materials.. really odd, and changing them back would honestly be a pain, I'm not sure if PS2 .col's even work on PC.

gta_sa%202014-05-26%2000-58-51-94.png

Inadequate

Yeah, Silent managed to get it for me. I tested it with the grass models from the PS2 that you supplied, doesn't seem to make much of a difference. So I guess R* really did change the materials.. really odd, and changing them back would honestly be a pain, I'm not sure if PS2 .col's even work on PC.

-screen-

Nice test.

I was going to do the same thing a few hours ago and you saved me the job, plus check to pass files from ps2 to pc does not work. :/

Silent

Update! After a third (or maybe even fourth) attempt, I managed to make weapons render under car windows correctly:

yXrp0Pwl.jpg

I actually made it earlier but all the previous hook versions ended up bugging muzzleflash, which is correct now:

XSJw5dIl.jpg

Police Maverick with blurred rotors ninja'd in the picture too :p

EDIT:

Hell! Looks like this muzzleflash actually looks better than a stock one:

WthdGfC.jpg

Upper - without the patch, bottom - with the patch

Edited by Silent

Reyks

Holy sh*t, can't wait for this mod!

KawakSallas

Indeed looks better.

By the way Silent, what's already done, what you're aiming to do and when can we expect a release?

Silent

OK, I found what 1.01 does to fix blown up cars not being black. Might be a bit tricky to implement in 1.0, but surely doable.

Edited by Silent

gamerzworld

Ash_735

Productive day all round really, some problems finally fixed, new goals set, and a lot of work done by Silent.

This song has a completely different meaning if you replace Cookie with Sex.

lpgunit

Update! After a third (or maybe even fourth) attempt, I managed to make weapons render under car windows correctly:

yXrp0Pwl.jpg

I actually made it earlier but all the previous hook versions ended up bugging muzzleflash, which is correct now:

XSJw5dIl.jpg

Police Maverick with blurred rotors ninja'd in the picture too :p

EDIT:

Hell! Looks like this muzzleflash actually looks better than a stock one:

WthdGfC.jpg

Upper - without the patch, bottom - with the patch

Can this be also applied with tree/vegetation alpha sorting?

Marty McFly

Aren't muzzle flash textures rendered with additive blending?

Wesser

Nope, GTA's muzzle flash is not a particle, it is an atomic of its weapon clump, which is rendered with rwBLENDSRCALPHA and rwBLENDINVSRCALPHA for the respective rwRENDERSTATESRCBLEND and rwRENDERSTATEDESTBLEND render states. Silent probably made it looking ok by zeroing rwRENDERSTATESTENCILFUNCTIONREF but it still suffers the overlay of those fully opaque weapon atomics rendered later on because of the absent depth-sorting (as clearly seen in the comparison picture).

@Silent, out of curiosity, what was your working attempt to "fix" the invisible weapon bug if behind the windscreen and/or car windows of the vehicle where a ped is in? Did you rendered the ped's weapon clump directly in CPed::Render by getting rid of CVisibilityPlugins::ms_weaponPedsForPC render chain, or did you moved CVisibilityPlugins::RenderWeaponPedsForPC before CVisibilityPlugins::RenderAlphaAtomics under CRenderer::RenderOneNonRoad? I may opt for the second approach being cheaper and fairly better (assuming it does work as expected). :p

JSBOfficial

Did dk22pac fixed the blown up cars not being black?