4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Silent

SilentPatch

nkjellman

@Silent:

Glad to see them rotors are fixed. Are the other fixes done in VCS PC Edition going to be there? That is stuff like the no intro fix, and other things you have fixed as well?

To add to that, do you think it might be possible to find code left over from the PS2 so we can get reflections on vehicles? I know that the lens effect has been revived which I got on my game right now. ENB reflections are meh, and the mod by DexX has some bugs.

I also was wondering if the player shadow can look sharp and match the shadows that are casted by some objects in the game such as vehicles, street lights, and some other various objects. The current shadow looks silly when your on a bike and would look less flawed if it was sharp like the other shadows.

Edited by nkjellman

Ash_735

He's working on seeing what's been improved with the other patches and picking out the best of each, unlike GTA3 and VC, San Andreas actually had changes brought in through multiple patches, some good, some bad, so as well as restoring some PS2 style effects and cleaning up sloppy code (including a major one which could cause the game to break which Silent said was amazing that the game even works as it is). So it's a much bigger job for this one as most people just want a nice easy definitive "thing" to throw at the game and resolve most of the problems.

There's nothing found in the games regards to reflections as far as we were aware, I've been messing with the specmapping which I found something interesting about but nothing close to the PS2 style reflections. As for Shadows, we use an increased resolution shadow for Vic and peds, same one used in VC Mobile, but to be honest it highlights some of the flaws even more, riding on bikes and in vehicles is even more jarring as they use the static sharp shadows, whilst Vic, etc, have these detailed smooth shadows, and most of all, really annoying, they don't have shadows for weapons, at first I thought this was a mistake on our side, but then I checked out VC Mobile, and yep, no shadows for weapons on there either, now I can't NOT see it.

SA Mobile had a bit of a big revamp in that area which is why they were able to do the nice reflections, bring back the colorcycle filter from the PS2 version and yep, have corrected shadows which work on vehicles and weapons to. Sadly this is too different from what the game currently provides and will require a lot more research into the formats to see how the game handles it.

edit: However if there's anything else people want to mention, feel free, San Andreas is a pretty broken game and there's a lot of glitches and errors we might overlook, so bring them up now whilst it's being worked on and he might be able to fit it in if there's a fix.

Edited by Ash_735

Zera

Well, being able to choose standard PS2 shadows in addition to the other high level graphics would be a welcome change. TBH, I never liked the real-time shadows in this game, they have plenty of mapping issues which are very distracting.

Other than this, I believe I've mentioned before that the game sometimes freezes on fade-outs (fades out, but never fades back in. Such as when exiting an interior), but I'm not sure if this is caused by mods (maybe the framedelay on StreamIniExtender?).

There's the audio dropping (whole audio but the radio disappears), but this is very rare. Happens once per playthrough on my case (and this is on Windows 7, using software audio rather than eax). Also, I get flickering graphics after finishing all the helicopter/plane races in LV (everything on screen keeps disappearing in a fuzzy mess, making the game unplayable until I quit to desktop and start it up again), though this one may be specific to my hardware/graphics driver. Still, I don't know why it would happen only at that point in the game. Could be some mod related to graphics causing it.

EDIT: I almost forgot, there's also an issue with custom license plates: http://gtaforums.com/topic/675166-about-custom-license-plates/

Edited by Zera

Silent

Well, actually I tried to find what 1.01 changed but didn't really succeed. I'd love to find how did they fix the 'rainstorm bug'.

Other than this, I believe I've mentioned before that the game sometimes freezes on fade-outs (fades out, but never fades back in. Such as when exiting an interior), but I'm not sure if this is caused by mods (maybe the framedelay on StreamIniExtender?).

I'm gonna remove framedelay (so the game locks at 30FPS again) and rework times same way I handled them in III and VC patches.

Alt

Well, actually I tried to find what 1.01 changed but didn't really succeed. I'd love to find how did they fix the 'rainstorm bug'.

Was it really fixed? Under XP for Realtek and Audigy SE I still had to change hardware acceleration to 'basic'. Under Vista I didn't have this bug on Realtek (probably because on Vista+ DirectSound is changed and works always in software/basic mode).

Edited by Alt

Silent

Was it really fixed? Under XP for Realtek and Audigy SE I had to to change hardware acceleration to 'basic'. Under Vista I didn't have this bug on Realtek (probably because on Vista+ DirectSound is changed and works always in software/basic mode).

Dunno, never used 1.01 much.

Sentrion

Does this mod cause any crash when used with III Aircraft Mod?

Snowshoe

Aren't the PS2 "reflections" already around somewhere? I know SAGFX has it in sagfx_ps2.asi and sagfx_lite.asi, like this:

image_39364.jpg

That's what I assume "vehiclespecdot64" from vehicle.txd is used for. If not that texture, then "carfx1" from particle.txd would be another close competitor for the PS2 "reflections".

As for bugs, this is probably already known, but there's a bug with pretty much all alpha materials in the game. Possibly two, even. Not sure of the exact details. First off, there doesn't seem to be any alpha blending in SA- it's fully opaque or fully transparent. Here's a comparison shot with VC and SA:

Vice City

hw0hwbM.png

San Andreas

6p7GT9z.png

6vRykO7.png

As you can see, these transparent materials don't blend with the other game elements like VC and 3 do. I assume this is why the helicopter rotor thing was canned in SA PC, maybe it can be fixed now? Also, there is another bug with alpha materials where things "show through". As in, when one alpha texture is in front of another, the blending areas of alpha textures don't work properly, and you can see the background behind it. (Fully opaque or fully transparent parts of the alpha work correctly, though) It's noticeable in pretty much all of GTA 3, Vice and SA.

GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas, respectively

U4amNFK.pngKzFLyxK.pngMa5hdxl.png

A missing feature I caught is the sun "bloom" not present in the PC San Andreas. The PS2 SA has this sort of "glare" effect when you stare directly at the sun. The lens flare in PC SA is present and the sun gets larger when you stare at it, as intended, but no bloom effect. There is a video detailing it somewhere (PS2 vs. PC graphics), but here is a picture representation, compared to VC:

Vice: http://i.imgur.com/xBRaswm.jpg

SA: http://i.imgur.com/1rm4JCf.jpg

Another missing feature which has gotten some attention lately: Moon phases. I know there is IMFX, but it uses a completely different method than PS2 with different moon images that have to all be made by-hand for each phase in a separate sprite sheet. In particle.txd, you can see a black texture called "lunar" with a circular alpha mask, and I assume this image is laid on top of "coronamoon" to create the "moon phases". It would be nice to see PROPER moon phases, just like PS2.

A5nXBfa.png

Another obvious thing, but there are some things in future patches that should be carried over to the 1.0 version, such as:

• "Corrected color in destroyed cars" ?
  • "Dirty cars now able to get clean" (through Pay n Spray and rain storms, I assume)

That's all I have for now. There's probably some more stuff, but that seems to be most of the stuff bothering me I wanted to bring up.

Edited by Snowshoe

Silent

Just checked, nope. It's just III CLEO being a bitch.

Sentrion

Just checked, nope. It's just III CLEO being a bitch.

I guess I'll need to re-install then?

TJGM

About the shadows. I know that DK's shadows settings extender shows weapon shadows, doesn't matter what the model is. It also allows you to add gradients to ped shadows, and mess around with the blur. I'm not sure if you could get it as sharp as the stencil shadows though, it'd require you to mess around with some settings.

Testing it on VCS PC Edition, works fine. - http://dk22pac.blogspot.ie/2012/07/shadows-settings-extender.html

4a8fa3324117046.jpg 8c918d324117060.jpg a998ec324117077.jpg aa265b324117086.jpg 806b7c324117100.jpg

Edited by TJGM

KawakSallas

What about the dual rear wheels and the parachute animation?

Ash_735

What about the dual rear wheels and the parachute animation?

Dual Rear Wheels, already done.

Parachute. That's a model bug, not something a plug-in can correct, that would be getting to the point of asking people to modify IMG's, which for the nice and easy basic approach, it kinda goes against it.

Edited by Ash_735

Alt
Parachute. That's a model bug, not something a plug-in can correct, that would be getting to the point of asking people to modify IMG's, which for the nice and easy basic approach, it kinda goes against it.

Modloader...

The Clansman

TTDISA was released? GTAGarage says "No Download Available Yet" and there's a huge list of fixes

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed game bug where saving the game at Madd Doggs mansion would trigger problems such as basketballs no longer appearing and you were no longer able to work out at the gyms - these issues no longer occur.
- You are now able to complete a Quadruple Insane Stunt properly (a bug in the game normally prevents this from happening). In addition, it is now possible to complete 'perfect' insane stunts of any type (earning double the money bonus) as in other GTA games, and you can also perform Flaming Insane Stunts as seen in Vice City Stories (this is achieved by performing any type of Insane Stunt whilst your vehicle is on fire).
- The game now correctly uses and refers to 'Los Sepulcros' as a specific area in Los Santos (it is normally treated as part of Vinewood).
- Fixed a glitch where several peds did not have any voices (notably the Security Guard, the Pimp and the Firemen amongst others).
- Slight tweaks to the animations when attacking with the Golf Club and when driving the Vortex (they looked a little funky to me).
- The skill levels with the Combat Shotgun are now more progressive like other weapons.
- Fixed game bugs where the Jester car had the same Nitro mod listed for sale twice and the Buffalo car only had two types of Nitro listed (the same one is normally listed twice).
- Fixed Cesar's car license plate - it should read 'VLA4L' (Varrios Los Aztecas For Life) although it normally says 'LVA4L'.
- News Vans now only come in one colour (this is to match the News Helicopters).
- Limousines in traffic may now be found in black as well as the normal white varieties.
- The pool mini game that can be found in bars has been fixed so that you now have the option of playing against a computer controlled opponent for a wager as normal, or playing against another human player. In the 2 player version, you must alternate the use of the same controls with the second player - the game does not natively support input from two seperate control sets. To support this enhancement, the game now records and displays your total number of wins and losses at pool in your stats.
- You now hear comments about your performance during a low-rider contest like you do when dancing.
- The glitched/missing Pay N Spray in Las venturas (as seen on the PS2 version) has been re-enabled and fixed. This now functions properly and is indicated on the radar like all the others.
- The Well Stacked Pizza Co branches in Palamino Creek and Montgomery and the barber shop in El Quebrados are now indicated on the radar like the others. In addition, the Cluckin Bell and 24/7 stores in Fort Carson now open 24 hours a day like all the others.
- Like the clothes shops, tattoo parlours and gyms, each type of barber shop can now only be accessed as you progress through the game and 'unlock' each city.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Burglar' side mission which corrupted the 'Mission attempts' vs 'Missions passed' stats. Also, you can no longer do the 'Burglar' side missions until you have completed the 'Home Invasion' mission for Ryder and been given the introduction to them.
- The cane weapon can now be given to your girlfriends as a gift (useful if you like to spank Millie!)
- Fixed bug where the 'Strip club budget' stat was not changed when you paid $100 for a private dance.
- Corrected the Washington car that appears at Toreno's ranch - this is now the same one that Toreno uses throughout the game and will not appear until you arrive at the ranch during the storyline.
- Corrected Catalina's car in Fern Ridge - this is now always the same one and will not appear until you go to her hideout during the storyline.
- CJ will now 'warm down' when he has finished on the treadmill or bike in the gyms like he does after using the weights or the bench-press.
- Several cars now have more modification options available to them in the various mod garages - Rockstar rendered these cars to be modded in this way although you cannot normally do this in the game.
- Fixed and completed the 'drunken bum' code that was disabled by Rockstar - this effectively creates a new ped type on the streets who may randomly behave in one of several unique ways.
- The 'Vigilante', 'Fire Fighter' and 'Paramedic' side missions now work like the updated Vice City Stories versions. There are now 15 levels to complete instead of the normal 12, however a 'checkpoint' will be marked at levels 5 and 10 so you can continue playing at those stages should you fail or cancel the mission and restart it at another time. In the 'Fire Fighter' side mission you will no longer fail the mission for allowing a car to explode or a pedestrian to be killed but you will incur a time penalty instead.
- The 'Taxi Driver' side mission now works more like the updated Vice City Stories version - as well as the usual picking up and dropping off of fares, your passenger may now also ask you to follow a vehicle instead. The 'Passengers dropped off' stat has been changed to 'Passenger fares collected' as it now also includes fares collected from bus and coach passengers too. In addition, completion of this sub-mission will now provide you with a unique reward vehicle as it did in all other GTA games.
- As in Vice City and Vice City Stories, military areas are now patrolled and guarded by the Army. In addition to obtaining a 5-star wanted level in these areas, you will now also come under heavy attack from the guards.
- Fixed game bug which meant your 'Mission attempts' stat was continually increased when you played pool or some of the video games.
- The icons now correctly appear in the HUD when CJ is using the Jetpack or Cellphone. Note that any weapons which you can use on the Jetpack will still appear in the HUD instead as normal.
- The Thermal Goggles that spawn as pickups after completing the 'Black Project' mission now respawn like other weapon pickups in the game instead of permanently vanishing when they have been collected once.
- Fixed the 'New Game' bug where you would keep some of the benefits from certain girlfriends when starting a new game.
- CJ will now react when he misses a shot or scores when playing basketball (the animations are in the game but are never used).
- Fixed game bug where the 'Furthest hoop in basketball' stat was incorrectly recorded when converted from metres to feet.
- Fixed game bug which meant your 'Mission attempts' stat was increased when you tried the NRG-500 Challenge even if you had previously completed it (although the bug did not affect the BMX Challenge). In addition, you now need a degree of Bike Skill before you can take part in the NRG-500 Challenge. The game bug which meant your new best times in the BMX Challenge and NRG-500 Challenge were not recorded in your stats when you had completed any of these challenges once has also been fixed - you are now able to correctly update those stats by getting better times.
- Fixed bug in the Driving School mission which could increase your 'Mission attempts' stat twice when you first tried it.
- The motorbike Dirt Track mission at the Las Venturas stadium is now available 3 days of the week instead of the usual 2 (this was actually a bug in the code that prevented the third day being available for the mission) - it can now be played on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Note that completion of both stadium events in Las Venturas now only results in the spawning of the BF Injection - winning both events is now required for this as earning the Dunerider now requires completion of Karmageddon, Crush! and Rush!
- Changed button cheat - VPJTQWV now spawns the Stinger car instead of the Hotring Racer (VROCKPOKEY or PDNEJOH can still be used to spawn the Hotring Racer).
- Fixed game bug where girlfriends could appear in the wrong cars and without their personal license plates when they spotted you two-timing when on a date.
- The exterior decorations and objects that were missing from outside the Four Dragons Casino as well as the car park signs for The Visage have been restored to match the PS2 version. In addition, the typo on the Four Dragons sign has been fixed.
- The radar dishes in the airports now rotate like they did in Vice City.
- Fixed game bug where there was no police announcement when you attained a wanted level in the Queens area of San Fierro.
- Fixed game bug where categories are generated & displayed in wrong order on stats.html page.
- Fixed game bug in Los Santos - the Temple area is no longer announced as Sunnyside on police radios.
- Fixed Predator (police boat) radio - it now has a police radio instead of radio stations.
- Fixed and improved a number of audio issues with some vehicles.
- The lighthouse on Santa Maria Beach now works as it was intended.
- Changed the 'Last dance score' stat so it is now 'Best dance score'. This means you can compete against your best score rather than simply viewing your last score.
- Fixed game bug where one of the Country Rifle pickups appeared in a place where it was impossible to collect.
- Fixed game bug where a Police Bribe pickup was incorrectly positioned - it now correctly appears over the broken bridge in Palomino Creek.
- Fixed game bug where the Come-A-Lot sign in Las Venturas vanished at night.
- Fixed game bug where door was missing/glitched on a safe house on Las Venturas.
- Fixed game glitch where the Ballas gang no longer treated you as an enemy when you entered their territories after completing or quitting certain side-missions (this is most notable with the 'Pimping' side-mission).
- Corrected zoning in San Fierro, the west-side beach zone is now known as Sunnyside rather than being part of Ocean Flats.
- Fixed game bug in the 'Bike School' mission that meant you could not get all 3 reward vehicles to spawn at the same time under certain circumstances regardless of how you performed - rewards now work like the other vehicle school missions so it possible to attain all 3 at the same time.
- CJ will now make appropriate comments when performing stealth kills with the knife or when throwing a grenade/molotov/cs gas (these comments are in the game but not used).
- Fixed game bug where a Diner in Fort Carson was unavailable and would not show up when taking a girl on a date.
- Fixed game bug where the exterior textures for the Driving School in San Fierro vanished between 23.00pm and midnight.
- Fixed game glitch where Taxis would lose nitro if you completed the 'Taxi Driver' sub-missions more than once.
- Hunter helicopters now replace Police Mavericks when you have a 6-star wanted level.
- Fixed game bug where a Beagle spawns in Fort Carson and instantly explodes because of its placement (it has been replaced with a road vehicle).
- Fixed game bug with Total Shopping Budget stat where it was not increased with the price of car paint jobs or recolours from any of the mod garages even though the Car Modification Budget stat is increased accordingly (this bug leads to a lot of confusion when reading the Total Shopping Budget stat as it would otherwise never add up properly). The Total Shopping Budget stat now also includes money spent at vending machines, hotdog vans and street vendors too (these are also included in the Food Budget stat).
- If you ever encounter a loan shark after getting into debt through gambling, the number of them you kill now gets recorded in your stats.

Alt

TTDISA was released? GTAGarage says "No Download Available Yet" and there's a huge list of fixes

TTDISA contains mostly mission fixes and many minor fixes while SilentPatch includes mostly engine/exe fixes and some pretty noticeable (I believe that parachute fix is among them and can be placed in come 'extra' folder so user can manually place it in img or use with SA Mod Loader).

Tadzik

TTDISA contains mostly mission fixes and many minor fixes while SilentPatch includes mostly engine/exe fixes and some pretty noticeable (I believe that parachute fix is among them and can be placed in come 'extra' folder so user can manually place it in img or use with SA Mod Loader).

That's why we need Enhanced Edition of SA which will include Silent's fixes and things from TTDISA :p

Alt

That's why we need Enhanced Edition of SA which will include Silent's fixes and things from TTDISA :p

I'm extracting files from TTDISA for manual installation and use with modloader (not sure about last, need to test), may release it sometime.

Silent

Yeah, modloader will be a way to go, but for 1.01/Steam users I'm gonna stick with Use your favourite IMG editor... note in the ReadMe :p

Silent

Moar:

n7SYsyVl.jpg

AdusPL

I feel, I've seen this colored text before (2.0 version?).

El Dorado

http://tcrf.net/Grand_Theft_Auto:_San_Andreas

Although the code is present, an error in the games' internal scripting means that it is impossible to complete a Quadruple Insane Stunt, even though this can be done and the game supports it through the stats system. The game scripting also skips the portion of this code that allows players to be rewarded for completing Perfect Insane Stunts (Insane Stunts of any degree completed without causing any damage to the vehicle the player used). Both of these can be fixed with knowledge of the games' internal scripting language and the relevant tools.

.scm edit?

Ash_735

Can anyone with a 2.0 EXE Confirm this? We don't have it, but Silent found this as left behind code that wasn't rendering properly, so technically, it hasn't appeared in any PC version as far as we know, but yeah, lack of knowledge on the 2.0 EXE could prove that wrong.

erorcun

Place names was colored in my old pc and they was changing with which gang is owner of that place. (I dont know exe - but i don't think i was using 2.0)

But in my new pc that colors started to disappear. (Hoodlum) I didn't even think why they aren't colored anymore. Hmm.

Edited by erorcun

_CP_

Can anyone with a 2.0 EXE Confirm this? We don't have it, but Silent found this as left behind code that wasn't rendering properly, so technically, it hasn't appeared in any PC version as far as we know, but yeah, lack of knowledge on the 2.0 EXE could prove that wrong.

I'll surprise you, colored area thing is in 1.0 version, but it works only in special cases.

Mega

I'll surprise you, colored area thing is in 1.0 version, but it works only in special cases.

May I ask which special cases? This seems interesting, I also think I've seen colored text like that somewhere years ago...

Alt

http://tcrf.net/Grand_Theft_Auto:_San_Andreas

Although the code is present, an error in the games' internal scripting means that it is impossible to complete a Quadruple Insane Stunt, even though this can be done and the game supports it through the stats system. The game scripting also skips the portion of this code that allows players to be rewarded for completing Perfect Insane Stunts (Insane Stunts of any degree completed without causing any damage to the vehicle the player used). Both of these can be fixed with knowledge of the games' internal scripting language and the relevant tools.

.scm edit?

Yep.

CLEO script by -ATP.

Edited by Alt

The Clansman

There's this picador bug. Will likely need dff and/or txd editing.

First, a regular picador, notice the blank bodyshell

GL4h7LP.jpg

There is Ryder's picador, it have full brown color

8Yu48VJ.jpg

And Ryder's picador resprayed...

9WbGKyF.jpg

theNGclan

May I ask which special cases? This seems interesting, I also think I've seen colored text like that somewhere years ago...I've seen colored text on 1.0(1) before. The colors are faint, but they are there iirc.

nkjellman

Just out of curiosity, do you guys think you might be able to use anything from the Windows 8 Metro version?

Though, the mobile versions also have their far share of bugs as well.

All SA Mobile versions:

-Cars jerk like when their shifting gears while accelerating a bunch of times in a row. The car engine sounds also don't have the right number of gears.

-Bikes have no shadow.

-So far it looks like they all got the same bugs the PC has.

iOS: (Tested on an iPod Touch 5g)
-Detail maps look pixelated

Android: (Tested on a Samsung Galaxy S4)

-Some textures appear to be stained green which aren't supposed to be.

-Many car spawns have the wrong rotations. Always facing north.

-Alpha bug (iOS and Windows don't have it)

-Radio glitches and plays only commercials sometimes. Also the beginning of songs are also cut out.

-Unsteady frame rates. (VC is like that too. I can notice frame rate changes, but Little Hati lags like a bitch. But I hear the Galaxy S4 doesn't play some games very well for some reason. I don't know why though as its one of the faster phones out there with a Quad Core CPU.)

Windows: (Windows 8.1 x64 Metro App [Not the Desktop PC version, the one from the Windows store])

-Z fighting

Kindle: (I haven't played the Kindle version.)

For me, the Android version is the most buggy version of the game.