4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

voorhees_13

Have a few questions regarding some stuff in the Silent Patch for VC, just installed last night. First, what do the new IPL files for stuff like club, littleha, oceandN, etc do? I'm more curious on the littleha IPL file, since I didn't think stuff was missing from the Little Havana area. I also just do not know what wasn't there in the original release and what the Silent Patch changed regarding these fixes. Is the neon being added back to the Malibu Club added in this patch, since I still don't see it, so I'm not sure. 

Second, I know the glow under weapons, rampages, and stuff like bribes are fixed, but I noticed that they only really appear on stuff like streets, on grass the glows do not appear at all.

This is my first time really installing mods like this, so I was just wondering also how can you tell if the patch is working? I noticed my cursor no longer appears on my second monitor while playing, which was something that was outlined in the patch. 

Edited by voorhees_13

Aristotel2003
5 hours ago, voorhees_13 said:

so I was just wondering also how can you tell if the patch is working? 

Silentpatch comes with small (and sometimes drastic) changes. Find a fire-truck and see how the lights on it are displayed when on, if they are placed properly - the mod is doing it's job. If it doesn't, It means you are missing ultimate asi loader inside your game directory 

Edit: You can also use a cheat code to give you weapons (more specifically a Katana), and go and try to pick up a chainsaw. If the game replaces it automatically, you are are probably missing ultimate asi to make the game work. If the game asks to press Tab in order to replace the weapon, it means the mod is working. Hope it helps! 

Edited by Aristotel2003

voorhees_13
4 hours ago, Aristotel2003 said:

Silentpatch comes with small (and sometimes drastic) changes. Find a fire-truck and see how the lights on it are displayed when on, if they are placed properly - the mod is doing it's job. If it doesn't, It means you are missing ultimate asi loader inside your game directory 

Edit: You can also use a cheat code to give you weapons (more specifically a Katana), and go and try to pick up a chainsaw. If the game replaces it automatically, you are are probably missing ultimate asi to make the game work. If the game asks to press Tab in order to replace the weapon, it means the mod is working. Hope it helps! 

I noticed that the light coronas for the vehicles were supposed to be fix too, does this look fine? https://imgur.com/a/Z7YzlkH

1 hour ago, voorhees_13 said:

I noticed that the light coronas for the vehicles were supposed to be fix too, does this look fine? https://imgur.com/a/Z7YzlkH

Yes, before the patch the light effect was floating in the air

voorhees_13

I also assume you don’t need to start a new game to see the affects of the mods? It works with any old save file? Since I have a save file on GTA 3 I was playing before I installed the mod.

OverTheGardenWhale

Anybody else have a problem with the SilentPatched GTA 3 no longer recognizing FLAC files?

I've been having this problem ever since i moved from Windows 7 to 10 (last time i tried before that was about a year before the last SilentPatch update and on 7).

Do i need to put them in a different directory or is something broken?

SilentPatch never added FLAC support to III/VC, only SA.

OverTheGardenWhale
8 minutes ago, Silent said:

SilentPatch never added FLAC support to III/VC, only SA.

oh ok. that solves it.

Sagnik gta lover

Hey can anyone solve my problem if anyone can plz inform 

My problem is that whenever I throw a smoke grenade at peds (not police peds) they get blown up to some distance from the original location , while in the actual vanila game no peds gets blown, they remain where they were

Sagnik gta lover

Also when I use the spray on some enemies and peds (again exept police) they are getting blown to some distance

Plz fix this bugs

• KEKW 2

You definitely use some other mods that change weapon behavior. Reinstall your game, make sure it's clean of mods, then install silentpatch on it.

• Like 1

Razor_Vermillion

Is this bug also happening with you when doing donuts with the caddy golf cart?

This is a strange vanilla bug.

It makes no sound when doing donuts.

I guess this cart needs a "SilentPatch" lol

I'm playing this on windows 11 and perhaps this could be windows 11 bug?

I just got done testing on ps2 version and it also happens there.

I know this is a pointless thing to fix but i just wanted to make a silly pun lol

Edited by Razor_Vermillion

Hi everyone. The last time I was trying to use Silent Patch, either it or something else broke the courier missions that happen between SF and LS during the Countryside stage, triggered by calls from Cesar (with the shipments of money and “goods”) — they just never happened. Is there a known relates issue or was it fixed? I really want to replay v1.0, but those missions definitely took a bit of vibe from the game.

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, B-7 said:

Hola a todos. La última vez que estaba tratando de usar Silent Patch, ya sea que él o algo más rompiera las misiones de mensajería que ocurren entre SF y LS durante la etapa Countryside, desencadenadas por las llamadas de César (con los envíos de dinero y "bienes"), simplemente nunca sucedieron. ¿Hay algún problema relacionado conocido o se solucionó? Realmente quiero volver a jugar v1.0, pero esas misiones definitivamente tomaron un poco de vibra del juego.

Gracias.

I recently played the campaign again, and I had no problems with those missions, they worked as usual

• Like 2

My game (1.1 German Original Game Disc) is not starting when applying SilentPatchIII. The intro video loads, and when the start screen should appear it only closes the game and I'm back on my desktop. Why is that ?

The game is freshly installed and from original CD.

EDIT: Removing the SilentPatchIII ASI File makes the game load normal again altho in the cut version. I wanted to use SilentPatch to get the uncut version.

mhEZkwz.jpg

EDIT2: The Audio files are in the right place on disk as well. I copied them to the Audio folder. I had DDraw included as well.

EDIT3: Applying a No CD .exe makes it work like a charm. Using the original .exe provided by disc results in a game crash without reported error.

EDIT4: I did the same with Vice City (Original Game Disc German) and it crashes with original exe but works with a no cd exe.

Edited by dom591

Found some interesting bugs that probably most people never knew about. (And I made this account just to tell you guys about it's existent. Lol)
When using a Jetpack, holding both Q and E suppose to held your flight and make you stationary in mid air, but it only works when you're on the ground, making it pointless to do so. What I find interesting about this bug is that the Definitive Edition fixed this bug, and work as intended.
I found out about it when watching this video (I made a clip of it): https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxej8Usaplm4_hQrty_CqDdspsFSQIiMQv

I hope Silent or anyone fix this Jetpack bug. :^:

Edited by Trimint123

13 hours ago, dom591 said:

EDIT3: Applying a No CD .exe makes it work like a charm. Using the original .exe provided by disc results in a game crash without reported error.

EDIT4: I did the same with Vice City (Original Game Disc German) and it crashes with original exe but works with a no cd exe.

Yes, Silentpatch doesn't support original exes AFAIK, only nocd

1 hour ago, Trimint123 said:

holding both Q and E suppose to held your flight and make you stationary in mid air

I think it's initially a bug, some kind of a keys conflict in control scheme. Looks really weird when flames rotate through CJ's arms. Doesn't look like it was supposed to be like that. Indeed it does work in mid-air on console (or with Ginput) while holding L2+R2, but I think it's kind of fixed on kb+mouse scheme, but still "works" on the ground.

1 hour ago, Marsi4eg said:

I think it's initially a bug, some kind of a keys conflict in control scheme. Looks really weird when flames rotate through CJ's arms. Doesn't look like it was supposed to be like that. Indeed it does work in mid-air on console (or with Ginput) while holding L2+R2, but I think it's kind of fixed on kb+mouse scheme, but still "works" on the ground.

Yeah, it's mainly a keyboard bug. It only works on the ground and that's it, since it's useless on the ground.

Edited by Trimint123

I mean that probably this "feature" was not planned to be there at all, even on ps2, and appeared because of some weird control scheme bug. This looks stupid. And the fact, that it doesn't work with keyboard is actually a fix

51 minutes ago, Marsi4eg said:

I mean that probably this "feature" was not planned to be there at all, even on ps2, and appeared because of some weird control scheme bug. This looks stupid. And the fact, that it doesn't work with keyboard is actually a fix

Probably, but why would fixing something make it less useful? Staying in the air is very useful for aiming and shooting.

Edited by Pirushu

5 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

Yes, Silentpatch doesn't support original exes AFAIK, only nocd

Oh, thank you for pointing that out, I didn't know :D

21 hours ago, Marsi4eg said:

Imagine calling a feature that is work on PS2 and partially work on PC "not planned" to be working.

Edited by Trimint123

Sagnik gta lover
On 11/20/2021 at 11:40 AM, Marsi4eg said:

You definitely use some other mods that change weapon behavior. Reinstall your game, make sure it's clean of mods, then install silentpatch on it.

Nah bro i just use the basics to improve the game physics . Also for your information I only use real weapon sound and retextured weapons pack mod for my game. Other than that i checked the original game without the silent patch and any other mods , there this bug was not happening. Only after I installed this silent patch I had that bug again in the game maybe Silent could fix this? 

On 11/20/2021 at 11:40 AM, Marsi4eg said:

Also I only install cleo (latest version) with cleo plus ( latest version as well) for running the mods without problems and bugs, then I install silent patch

4 hours ago, Sagnik gta lover said:

Nah bro i just use the basics to improve the game physics . Also for your information I only use real weapon sound and retextured weapons pack mod for my game.

Nah bro, I don't use mods, I just use these mods.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sagnik gta lover said:

to improve the game physics

Then these mods improve your game's physics so much that you have flying peds. You answered your question.