Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

SilentPatch


Silent
 Share

Recommended Posts

I noticed that Predator's bullet tracers in Vice City look misplaced, they are shown from bottom-sides of the boat (left and right respectively) but the ship's machine guns are right in front of the boat's cockpit. Vice City's Preadtor also looks like it's missing a texture for the machine guns. This might be model issue but I don't know if bullet tracers are as well.

GTA 3's predator:

https://ibb.co/PQv12tP

Vice City's predator:

https://ibb.co/jZTC9Dh

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it in any way possible to disable SA's heat haze?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I downloaded and installed the Silent patch for GTA III, but shooting is still bugged - shoots slightly to upper right. Silent patch for Vice City and San Andreas works fine. What could have happened?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ayan123456789

Silent, when the to do list of SA will be completed? It's now 7 years old...

 

And any FPS related fixes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ayan123456789 said:

Silent, when the to do list of SA will be completed? It's now 7 years old...

 

And any FPS related fixes?

Yes, there is a fix for that ... turn on the frame limiter 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ayan123456789 said:

Silent, when the to do list of SA will be completed? It's now 7 years old...

 

And any FPS related fixes?

 

What are you talking about? The fact the post is 7 years old doesn't mean the todo list is. If those listed nitpicks gamebreaking issues bother you more than the 100+ fixes I already shipped, feel free to hire me for a bit so I allocate time to those.

 

Perhaps I should just hide that list for now, as right now I have no plans to work on those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AndroLoquendo 28
10 hours ago, Ayan123456789 said:

Silent, when the to do list of SA will be completed? It's now 7 years old...

 

And any FPS related fixes?

For problems with high FPS there is another mod called Framerate Vigilante.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Silent said:

 

What are you talking about? The fact the post is 7 years old doesn't mean the todo list is. If those listed nitpicks gamebreaking issues bother you more than the 100+ fixes I already shipped, feel free to hire me for a bit so I allocate time to those.

 

Perhaps I should just hide that list for now, as right now I have no plans to work on those.

Do you have some specific goals/plans for the next release?

Edited by ChubbyB0b
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aristotel2003
5 hours ago, ChubbyB0b said:

Do you have some specific goals/plans for the next release?

From I knew it was mentioned In the Checklist, there was the Fender Ketchup problem to be fixed 
Anything else, not so certain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There's supposed to be comments from CJ, when he kill someone. But it is broken. It only works with joypad in the settings.

What about fixing it?

 

Saw it from here:

 

Edited by Davve95
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SprunkieMonkey

@Silent

What do you think about this thing?

1.

Quote

I noticed that when CJ is riding Quadbike on high speeds his jacket never bounces like on bikes or in roofless cars.

I guess R* forgot to add this to quadbike's class, so  this thing probably cannot be fixed by editing handling.cfg

2. also i find it strange that when CJ aims with minigun, Country Rifle or sniper and police and civilians don't care about him, while other weapons work fine. Maybe there is some error in the code?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How do I solve this crash? It has been happening to me after playing SA: MP for some minutes.

 

Quote

Registers:
EAX: 0x00000000    EBX: 0x00000040    ECX: 0x00000001    EDX: 0x00000000
ESI: 0x77D9087C    EDI: 0x102D1A78    EBP: 0x0177F2CC    ESP: 0x0177F1CC
EFLAGS: 0x00210202

Backtrace:
0x007F5A3A in gta_sa.exe
0x00756D25 in gta_sa.exe
0x0075773B in gta_sa.exe
0x00805769 in gta_sa.exe
0x007491E4 in gta_sa.exe
0x007336DC in gta_sa.exe
0x5B657ED7 DisableStockVehiclesForSpecialVehicleFeature+0x3837 in SilentPatchSA.asi+0x7ED7
0x5B657C88 DisableStockVehiclesForSpecialVehicleFeature+0x35E8 in SilentPatchSA.asi+0x7C88

ASI plugins:
audio.asi
bullethole.asi
cleo.asi
EffectLoader.asi
imfx.asi
ImVehFt.asi
modloader.asi
NormalMapFix.asi
OutFitFix.asi
samp.asi
SAMPGraphicRestore.asi
ShellFix.asi
SilentPatchSA.asi
StreamMemFix.asi

d3d9.dll: ReShade

Cleo:
breakpads.cs
CarIndecator.cs
Enhance ParticleTXD (Junior_Djjr).cs
HUDFix.cs
Memory 4GB.cs
PerPixelLighting.cs
Rustler_Paints.cs
SensitivityFix.cs
Shotgun reload.cs

Address code: 8B 08 FF 51 08
Before address code: 2E 8B 46 08 50

Stack:
+0000: 0x00000000   0x102D1A78   0x00000000   0x00000002
+0010: 0x00757C76   0x00000040   0x102D1A88   0x102D1A78
+0020: 0x48E913DC   0x102D1ADC   0x00000000   0x00000001
+0030: 0x3B125B68   0x00000002   0x73F07DAC   0x00000008
+0040: 0x0000002F   0x09FD4598   0x0177F244   0x7442EDB0
+0050: 0x00000001   0x14A81C2C   0x00000000   0x00000000
+0060: 0x000A0004   0x00000001   0x00000002   0x000C0001
+0070: 0x00050001   0x000000FF   0x00000011   0x0177F290

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Lucky Mole
8 hours ago, Gnza100 said:

How do I solve this crash? It has been happening to me after playing SA: MP for some minutes.

 

 

 

1. Maybe some incompatibility?

2. Why do you think it's ok playing SAMP with so many mods? 98% of the mods are tested on singleplayer and/or are incompatible with SAMP.

Edited by The Lucky Mole
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In order to push for a new SP release and encourage @Silent to regain some interest in GTA titles, here is a simple fix for the jacket not bouncing because of wind disturbances while on a quad bike:

 

005E65A0    CPed::PreRenderAfterTest proc
...
005E69BC    E9 00000000         jmp     _hook_5E69BC_CPed__PreRenderAfterTest

_hook_5E69BC_CPed__PreRenderAfterTest:
00000000    83B9 94050000 02    cmp     [ecx+CVehicle.m_nVehicleSubClass], VEHICLE_QUAD
00000007    74 0D               je      $L1
00000009    8B11                mov     edx, [ecx] ; CAutomobile::`vftable'
0000000B    FF92 9C000000       call    dword ptr [edx+9Ch] ; CAutomobile::IsOpenTopCar() const
00000011    E9 00000000         jmp     CPed::PreRenderAfterTest+424h
00000016                        $L1:
00000016    E9 00000000         jmp     CPed::PreRenderAfterTest+428h

 

And there's more, I also managed to tie the handlebar movement to the sole steering animations:

 

006B7280    CBike::ProcessRiderAnims proc
...
006B78D2    E9 00000000         jmp     _hook_6B78D2_CBike__ProcessRiderAnims

_hook_6B78D2_CBike__ProcessRiderAnims:
00000000    33C0                xor     eax, eax
00000002    394424 2C           cmp     [esp+12Ch-100h], eax ; Reverse animation
00000006    75 28               jne     $L1
00000008    394424 34           cmp     [esp+12Ch-0F8h], eax ; Drive-by animation
0000000C    75 22               jne     $L1
0000000E    D94424 24           fld     dword ptr [esp+12Ch-108h]
00000012    D9E1                fabs
00000014    D81D 34138700       fcomp   flt_871334 ; 0.02
0000001A    DFE0                fnstsw  ax
0000001C    F6C4 05             test    ah, 5
0000001F    7B 0F               jnp     $L1
00000021    D943 08             fld     [ebx+CRideAnimData.m_fAnimLean]
00000024    8B8C24 3C010000     mov     ecx, [esp+12Ch+10h]
0000002B    E9 00000000         jmp     CBike::ProcessRiderAnims+65Ch
00000030                        $L1:
00000030    894424 14           mov     [esp+12Ch-118h], eax
00000034    E9 00000000         jmp     CBike::ProcessRiderAnims+6B2h

 

This fixes a bug when holding the left or right key until after shooting on slow speeds makes the driver performing the steering animation for a split-second.

Edited by Wesser
Removed syntax highlighting.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aristotel2003
8 hours ago, Wesser said:

In order to push for a new SP release and encourage @Silent to regain some interest in GTA titles, here is a simple fix for the jacket not bouncing because of wind disturbances while on a quad bike:

 

005E65A0    CPed::PreRenderAfterTest proc
...
005E69BC    E9 00000000         jmp     _hook_5E69BC_CPed__PreRenderAfterTest

_hook_5E69BC_CPed__PreRenderAfterTest:
00000000    83B9 94050000 02    cmp     [ecx+CVehicle.m_nVehicleSubClass], VEHICLE_QUAD
00000007    74 0D               je      $L1
00000009    8B11                mov     edx, [ecx] ; CAutomobile::`vftable'
0000000B    FF92 9C000000       call    dword ptr [edx+9Ch] ; CAutomobile::IsOpenTopCar() const
00000011    E9 00000000         jmp     CPed::PreRenderAfterTest+424h
00000016                        $L1:
00000016    E9 00000000         jmp     CPed::PreRenderAfterTest+428h

 

And there's more, I also managed to tie the handlebar movement to the sole steering animations:

 

006B7280    CBike::ProcessRiderAnims proc
...
006B78D2    E9 00000000         jmp     _hook_6B78D2_CBike__ProcessRiderAnims

_hook_6B78D2_CBike__ProcessRiderAnims:
00000000    33C0                xor     eax, eax
00000002    394424 2C           cmp     [esp+12Ch-100h], eax ; Reverse animation
00000006    75 28               jne     $L1
00000008    394424 34           cmp     [esp+12Ch-0F8h], eax ; Drive-by animation
0000000C    75 22               jne     $L1
0000000E    D94424 24           fld     dword ptr [esp+12Ch-108h]
00000012    D9E1                fabs
00000014    D81D 34138700       fcomp   flt_871334 ; 0.02
0000001A    DFE0                fnstsw  ax
0000001C    F6C4 05             test    ah, 5
0000001F    7B 0F               jnp     $L1
00000021    D943 08             fld     [ebx+CRideAnimData.m_fAnimLean]
00000024    8B8C24 3C010000     mov     ecx, [esp+12Ch+10h]
0000002B    E9 00000000         jmp     CBike::ProcessRiderAnims+65Ch
00000030                        $L1:
00000030    894424 14           mov     [esp+12Ch-118h], eax
00000034    E9 00000000         jmp     CBike::ProcessRiderAnims+6B2h

 

This fixes a bug when holding the left or right key until after shooting on slow speeds makes the driver performing the steering animation for a split-second.

Neato! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An episode of Mod Showroom covering SilentPatch in detail. Including fixing the Maverick & Skimmer rotors and going over all the .ini options.

 

 

Edited by TJGM
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty nice showcase. I've forget some of the SP's for SA features through the years and this video will help me to remind a few of those lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed a bug when changing radio inside dinghy, the animation of changing radio inside car played, causing CJ looks sit in midair and back to standing pose.

Edited by KiloRyu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I try to play Gta sa whit silentpatch it crashes on startup when I click the play button on steam. It only happens when I have silentpatch if I remove it it will work fine but when I have silentpatch it crashes I don't know why I have the ASI loader and I believe everything that's required. My gta sa is downgraded to 1.0. I want to also say when I have the silentpatch on the directory of the game it makes the game startup normally but silentpatch does not work when im in-game. So when I put it in the modloader folder then it does not want to start the game up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2021 at 1:48 AM, Matti132 said:

When I try to play Gta sa whit silentpatch it crashes on startup when I click the play button on steam. It only happens when I have silentpatch if I remove it it will work fine but when I have silentpatch it crashes I don't know why I have the ASI loader and I believe everything that's required. My gta sa is downgraded to 1.0. I want to also say when I have the silentpatch on the directory of the game it makes the game startup normally but silentpatch does not work when im in-game. So when I put it in the modloader folder then it does not want to start the game up

Simple keep it at game directory? 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CalebCity7500

[Deleted]

Edited by CalebCity7500
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2021 at 2:42 PM, loms said:

Simple keep it at game directory? 😄

Yeah i have tried that but silentpatch refuse to work and im on 1.0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2021 at 12:55 AM, Matti132 said:

Yeah i have tried that but silentpatch refuse to work and im on 1.0

Okay wierd, are u sure you have asi loader installed properly 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2021 at 7:35 AM, loms said:

Okay wierd, are u sure you have asi loader installed properly 🤔

My bad I was just doing something wrong thanks anyways for the help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bug report for SA:

1. Turn on night vision or thermal goggles,

2. Enter FBI Rancher,

3. Start Vigilante mission,

4. Turn Vigilante mission off,

5. Night vision or thermal goggles will automatically turn off.

  • KEKW 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh that's really game-breaking bug that must be fixed immidiately

  • KEKW 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aristotel2003
On 6/30/2021 at 12:00 AM, Marsi4eg said:

Oh that's really game-breaking bug that must be fixed immidiately

sarcasm?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 19 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests

    • fastman92
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.