• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silent

• Inadequate

• SilverRST

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These games are surely great, nonetheless they have some issues. This modification attempts to fix some of them. Featured fixes: GTA SA: (last update: 22.02.2020)  DOWNLOAD SilentPatchSA GT

In the wake of recent events here and on Discord, I would like to make a somewhat official announcement, since I start feeling like what is happening starts taking a toll on my well being:  

🎂 Happy Birthday SilentPatch! On December 29th 2013, the very first SilentPatch builds were released! 🎂   For this occasion, new builds have been released for GTA III, Vice City and San Andr

36 minutes ago, Stevedercoole said:

I realized that I didn't have the .asi loader, so I got the patch working now, however it apparently does not remove the censored aspects of the German version.

>inb4 downgrade to 1.0, dumbass

no

p.s. plz don't see this as complaining, I just wanted to bring attention to it in case silent didn't know/I wanted to ask if I might be doing something wrong, as mentioned in one of my earlier comments, I'm completely new to gta:sa modding, so there's a good chance that I'm doing something wrong

Can I ask why you don't want to downgrade? Pretty much all of the fixes from the later patches have been backported to 1.0 via SilentPatch.

just dropping by to say thanks for this patch, I've been having a great time getting nostalgic with GTAIII and a handful of vanilla-friendly mods (2DFX, SkyGFX, SharpTrails)

great fun, appreciate your hard work Silent

Stevedercoole
10 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

Can I ask why you don't want to downgrade? Pretty much all of the fixes from the later patches have been backported to 1.0 via SilentPatch.

basically trust issues, and since all downgraders download like a million things, it's trust issues⁹⁹⁹. I might try it out when I get a win 10 vm running.

• Bruh 3

3 minutes ago, Stevedercoole said:

basically trust issues, and since all downgraders download like a million things, it's trust issues⁹⁹⁹. I might try it out when I get a win 10 vm running.

Well if you want to try and trusted one which just batch fixes the needed files then there is the one available here made by people in the community, I've used these ones and there's no extras or anything downloaded:

Stevedercoole
2 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Well if you want to try and trusted one which just batch fixes the needed files then there is the one available here made by people in the community, I've used these ones and there's no extras or anything downloaded:

Thanks, I'll try it with a vm when I finally stop being so lazy and set one up, hehe

• 2 weeks later...
SprunkieMonkey

Hey guys

@Silent

I noticed that when CJ is riding Quadbike on high speeds his jacket never bounces like on bikes or in roofless cars.

Is it a thing that can be patched with silentpatch or it is a handling. cfg setting?

evolutionX

Silent, can you fix the Romero's interior when viewed from the top, it becomes invisible thanks Silent!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 144 Hz screen on my laptop. VSync seems not working through nVidia settings, maybe broken drivers. (also no "VSync Adaptive with half refresh rate" option on laptops, to play at 72 FPS)
But when I set a Framerate Limit, to 144, 72, 80, 90, any FPS larger then 60 (through RTTS or nVidia control panel), the game runs only with 60 FPS. That causes stuttering on 144 Hz screens (uneven frame time for every frame).
If I play without any limiter, the game runs with over 200 FPS.
(1. Silent Patch, 2. Widescreen Fix, 3. - Frontend, 4. SkyGFX (xbox/pc/spec filters), 5. 2dfx, 6. ps2 vehicles, 7. SA-Blur)

That tearing line on the video I can easily get rid of, just by moving it outside my screen in RTTS. The problem is the FPS, I cannot limit it to a higher number then 60.

Video: https://streamable.com/xu7jes

Edited by kardaw

AndroLoquendo 28
33 minutes ago, kardaw said:

I have a 144 Hz screen on my laptop. VSync seems not working through nVidia settings, maybe broken drivers. (also no "VSync Adaptive with half refresh rate" option on laptops, to play at 72 FPS)
But when I set a Framerate Limit, to 144, 72, 80, 90, any FPS larger then 60 (through RTTS or nVidia control panel), the game runs only with 60 FPS. That causes stuttering on 144 Hz screens (uneven frame time for every frame).
(1. Silent Patch, 2. Widescreen Fix, 3. - Frontend, 4. SkyGFX, 5. 2dfx (xbox/pc/spec filters), 6. ps2 vehicles, 7. SA-Blur)

That tearing line on the video I can easily get rid of, just my moving it outside my screen in RTTS. The problem is the FPS, I cannot limit it to a higher number then 60.

https://streamable.com/xu7jes

Try installing Framerate Vigilante, which allows you to set a custom limit in the game's native limiter. Furthermore, it also fixes various glitches that occur at over 30 FPS: https://www.mixmods.com.br/2019/06/framerate-vigilante.html

Aristotel2003
On 4/13/2021 at 5:14 PM, AndroLoquendo 28 said:

Try installing Framerate Vigilante, which allows you to set a custom limit in the game's native limiter. Furthermore, it also fixes various glitches that occur at over 30 FPS: https://www.mixmods.com.br/2019/06/framerate-vigilante.html

Wasn't this mod STRICTED to just 60fps tho?
If he goes beyond 60, the game will broke again. Could it be possibly just SA itself not liking to go beyond 60 unfortunately 

On 3/30/2021 at 10:40 PM, SprunkieMonkey said:

Hey guys

@Silent

I noticed that when CJ is riding Quadbike on high speeds his jacket never bounces like on bikes or in roofless cars.

Is it a thing that can be patched with silentpatch or it is a handling. cfg setting?

Nice find. This really needs to be fixed

On 4/13/2021 at 3:39 PM, kardaw said:

(1. Silent Patch, 2. Widescreen Fix, 3. - Frontend, 4. SkyGFX (xbox/pc/spec filters), 5. 2dfx, 6. ps2 vehicles, 7. SA-Blur)

That tearing line on the video I can easily get rid of, just by moving it outside my screen in RTTS. The problem is the FPS, I cannot limit it to a higher number then 60.

Video: https://streamable.com/xu7jes

What helped playing the game in 72 FPS instead of 60 FPS on a 144 Hz screen, was to install Windowed Mod by maxorator and 13ag.
I guess GTASA automatically changes your screen refresh rate from 144 Hz to 60 Hz. With this mod, that 60 Hz limitation disappears.

Videohttps://streamable.com/9ef3gr

Edited by kardaw

Eobard Thawne

How would I like a Silent Patch for Gta sa mobile =(

This game is full of bugs and not optimized at all.

• KEKW 4

I tested San Andreas with 72 FPS on a 144 Hz. It's not good to play in so many FPS, slow swimming diving, etc. I set the Refresh Rate of my monitor from 144 Hz to 120 Hz, with CRU, and then capped the Framerate to 60 FPS.

I need help for the VC Silent Patch. The radios somehow play the wrong radios. Some kind of mismatch. I know it was the radios because Billie Jean never played when I entered the Admiral or the Faggio. I deleted Silent Patch and it worked again. Can anyone help me on how to fix this?

13 hours ago, Goonboat said:

I need help for the VC Silent Patch. The radios somehow play the wrong radios. Some kind of mismatch. I know it was the radios because Billie Jean never played when I entered the Admiral or the Faggio. I deleted Silent Patch and it worked again. Can anyone help me on how to fix this?

That was actually a bug from VBDec due to the different timings.

it was also a bug with some very old silentpatch versions. New one from first post shouldnt have this bug.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:07 AM, Goonboat said:

I did download the latest version of Silent Patch (I think). Here is the link where I downloaded the patch --> https://silent.rockstarvision.com/uploads/SilentPatchVC.zip

Turns out downgrading my game to 1.0 causes the audio bug.

Not sure why that happens. I downgraded to 1.0 as well and it works with SP.

• 3 weeks later...
Mohamed Faye

Please help me my game crashes when vehicles explode

• Bruh 1

Hello. I'm doing a 100%+Special Vehicles savefile now. But after some time, I learned that one of the vehicles (specifically AP Berkley's RC Van) requires game without SP. So, as I was using it, I ran into a problem, and now I need to know:

Does a savefile from game w/SilentPatch have compatibility with game w/o SilentPatch? Like, does the game crash or doesn't accept savefile, or it does, but acts weird? Especially applies to Madd Dogg's Crib's Save point: if I saved in there w/SP, upon loading the save w/o SP, will it crash or something?

So with that said, I need to know about compatibility of savefiles with game w | w/o SilentPatch.

Razor_Vermillion
Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2021 at 9:37 AM, Mohamed Faye said:

Please help me my game crashes when vehicles explode

I do feel genuinely bad for silent.

The things he have to put up with and the people in the community.

This is a note to everyone, If your game crashes, that's not silent's fault or his patch.
It's most likely some other mod you have installed that causes that crash and the only person to blame for those crashes is the other

mod you installed, not silent's patch.

Silent patch is there to improve and fix the mistakes from the original vanilla san andreas that has, not the mods that cause the game to crash you've installed.

I've tested and played san andreas for so many years and not once the silent patch causes the crash.

Edited by Razor_Vermillion
  • Like 3

On 5/16/2021 at 2:23 PM, SenTiteL said:

Hello. I'm doing a 100%+Special Vehicles savefile now. But after some time, I learned that one of the vehicles (specifically AP Berkley's RC Van) requires game without SP. So, as I was using it, I ran into a problem, and now I need to know:

Does a savefile from game w/SilentPatch have compatibility with game w/o SilentPatch? Like, does the game crash or doesn't accept savefile, or it does, but acts weird? Especially applies to Madd Dogg's Crib's Save point: if I saved in there w/SP, upon loading the save w/o SP, will it crash or something?

So with that said, I need to know about compatibility of savefiles with game w | w/o SilentPatch.

Savegames are fully compatible and don't depend on SP

43 minutes ago, Marsi4eg said:

Savegames are fully compatible and don't depend on SP

Big thanks, homie. Now I can bravely start (better'd be finish...) my savefile.

Thank you.

Is it possible that GTA SA Mobile will be able to use this in the future or is it SOL (sh*t outta luck)?

Is there a fix for Vice City's Pony and Rumpo front bumper? They are facing in the wrong direction after respray.

2 minutes ago, ChubbyB0b said:

Is there a fix for Vice City's Pony and Rumpo front bumper? They are facing in the wrong direction after respray.

Not from the code at the moment, there might be some "fixed vehicles" for Vice City though that invert it in the model.

Pretty sure the model is fine. It's fine even in game until you respray it.

Yeah, that's what I mean - it's technically a code issue, but can be also fixed in model by just flipping the bumper so it's at a 0 0 0 rotation.