Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

SilentPatch


Silent
 Share

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, The Lucky Mole said:

@Reinier
I use the default config. It seems kinda subtle, let me check it, cause it rarely rains in this game.

I just used a weather cheat for the demonstration. In the video at first I just show it without the .ini, then later I add it. Initially I show that nothing bad happens when the lights are on screen, and then I move the camera down and the spazzing starts happening. I wouldn't call it subtle, though it may appear that way because of youtube's compression (if you were talking about the video). The reflections really do move around a lot. Indeed it doesn't rain that often so it's not the end of the world, but of course, when it rains I'd love to see those reflections work properly and afaik there's no way to turn it off anyway. Thanks for looking into it, I really appreciate it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2020 at 4:16 PM, Reinier said:

Hello there. I just made an account to reply to this thread (but maybe will do more with it later as I've found some wonderful mods through this forum). Absolutely love this patch and I've been using it for years! I'd also gladly donate to support this project (once I have access to my paypal again).

One feature I had a bit of difficulty with was the wet road reflections fix. However, after updating my asi loader they finally seemed to appear (maybe my updated silentpatch wasn't working at all). 

 

I apologise if this was discussed before in this fairly long thread, but I seem to be having a problem with these reflections together with open limit adjuster. In a modless installation folder with the exception of silentpatch (and silent asi loader), as soon as I add the limit adjuster the reflections start freaking out as soon as the light source is off-screen. This is especially noticeable with lamp posts and traffic lights. I apologise if I should be asking the creator of open limit adjuster instead about this. Is this a known problem, or is this on my end? If it is a known problem, are there settings I can use for the limit adjuster that will make the reflections work properly (I'd like to keep the limit adjuster since my game crashes when using other mods otherwise).

 

Thanks for any advice or help in advance!

Good catch on the source of the problem bro. That problem is probably in the "corona" section if I'm not mistaken because those reflection textures on the road (coronareflect) is basically related with most corona effects in particle.txd e.g., sun, vehicle headlight. But unfortunately, changing or tweaking the corona limits and other limits in OLA doesn't fix the problem for me. Also, you should tell that with more detail in Open Limit Adjuster forum

 

Hope the author will replies you and fixes the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, NoReplys said:

Good catch on the source of the problem bro. That problem is probably in the "corona" section if I'm not mistaken because those reflection textures on the road (coronareflect) is basically related with most corona effects in particle.txd e.g., sun, vehicle headlight. But unfortunately, changing or tweaking the corona limits and other limits in OLA doesn't fix the problem for me. Also, you should tell that with more detail in Open Limit Adjuster forum

 

Hope the author will replies you and fixes the problem.

I made a post there as well. Thanks for the tip. I already had that thread open but wasn't sure who to ask since it's really both mods together that cause the problem.

 

I also played around with the corona setting, but whether it's just above crashing threshold, or ridiculously high, it makes no difference to the reflection, indeed.

 

EDIT: I just tried out fastman's limit adjuster instead. The reflections seem to be working fine with it, but it's a lot less user friendly (after hours of tinkering I'm still not getting good performance) and I seem to be getting a different kind of lighting glitch with it no matter what settings (the light that shines on the road (not the reflections) from lamp posts, traffic lights, etc. gets "cut off" and it seems to randomly happen as soon as they render in. Only seems to be happening with SALodLights), so I'd still like to use OLA. 

Edited by Reinier
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Given how in SP code the reflection fix is an one liner modifying the Z value of those coronas and not the actual rendering routines, I find it unlikely to be a conflict. They are most likely always broken with OLA, but without SP you obviously can't spot this.

 

Since you said that commenting out all limits fixes it, I guess the best way forward is to nail it down to a specific limit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Silent said:

Given how in SP code the reflection fix is an one liner modifying the Z value of those coronas and not the actual rendering routines, I find it unlikely to be a conflict. They are most likely always broken with OLA, but without SP you obviously can't spot this.

 

Since you said that commenting out all limits fixes it, I guess the best way forward is to nail it down to a specific limit.

I actually (apparently) didn't try that! I really thought I had commented out every limit before, and thought it was still causing the problem, but apparently not (or I made a mistake). I only tried commenting out [SALIMITS] or commenting out everything.

After commenting out every limit like you said, trying it, uncommenting half, etc. I narrowed it down and... as was mentioned earlier, coronas are indeed the cause of this problem! Can't believe I haven't tried that yet. I will report the issue to the creator of OLA. Thank you very much for this reply as it helped me narrow down the issue (even though NoReplys' comment should've done that already, oh well).

 

So @NoReplys try uncommenting corona instead of changing the value, as even using the default value doesn't seem to solve the issue. This will, unfortunately, make LODLights not work properly as a lot of lights won't "shine" anymore. Fastman92LimitAdjuster does not have this problem with coronas, but it does have a problem with the StaticShadowsDrawDistance of SALodLights, and setting it to a value too high it'll not render the lit up parts on the road correctly, such as those caused by lamp posts and car headlights. Setting the value very low (like 20) will make them render properly but obviously they'll only render right in your face and that's not exactly pretty.

 

However, I didn't give up and fooled around for a few more hours. If you use Fastman92LimitAdjuster AND OLA together, and you comment out "coronas" in OLA and instead change the value in Fastman92's limiter, you get the best of both worlds! So far I don't seem to have any issues doing this, but using two limit adjusters at the same time seems like asking for trouble... then again, I'm not using any conflicting values in either limit adjuster, as ones that are changed in one limit adjuster are commented out in the other. So I can't say this is stable or a smart idea or anything, but if you're desperate like me spending too much time on such a tiny issue, it might be worth checking out.

 

Thanks for the replies and help everyone. I'll report the issue to OLA's creator in detail and hopefully they will respond. Thanks again Silent for making this the port it should've been. 

Edited by Reinier
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
 
 
 
 

sa-mp-269.png

Hi. I use Silent Patch in GTA San Andreas. I encountered a problem like this while using it. The parachute is the same color as the air, does anyone have such a problem? (Sorry, my English is a little bit bad.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
Edited by ManYah
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Marsi4eg said:

Silentpatch sorunu değil, örnekleme geliştiricilerinden bunu düzeltmelerini isteyin.

But this is the parachute when I install the Silent Patch. When I delete the Silent Patch, the parachute becomes normal.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Silent Patch is a plugin for clean single player game, not for SAMP modification. No any such bug presents in single player game. SAMP provides some graphical adjustments that may or may not be compatible with other mods or plugins, and that isn't a Silentpatch fault. You have to ask SAMP developers to look into this compatibility problem

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2020 at 2:31 PM, ManYah said:
But this is the parachute when I install the Silent Patch. When I delete the Silent Patch, the parachute becomes normal.

You could try SAMP graphic restore & see if that works, if not, I guess you're on your own for finding a solution

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I posted some stuff about the GInput controls in that topic. But I had something unrelated for the SIlentPatch topic.

 

Just that GTA3 crashes for me at a certain point early on, in Windows 10 on an nvidia 970, with the SilentPatch, DDraw, and GInput installed. Steam 1.1 version. In the first mission, after you go to your hideout, the next bit where you go to park outside a club. It freezes on that loading screen. Tried it a couple times. Full screen, 1080p etc.

 

Thanks for all the work on these patches by the way! It is nutty that Rockstar doesn't keep these games running.

 

(edit: googling it, I saw this may be fixed by capping the framerate, so I've capped that in rivatuner.)

Edited by Psycho_Motorin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/28/2013 at 10:53 PM, Silent said:

I haven't added it as I wanted this plugin only to patch stuff, not add any new features. You can still use RefFix to force reflections to show all the time and plugins will not collide with each other. Same goes for increased probability of Rosie's line to play in VC (standalone fix increases it, this one keeps it at the original value).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you using Chrome? I can see this when I click on the link, tab opens and instantly closes. However, copying the link and manually opening a new tab then pasting it in the address tab works!

 

Either it's some new bug in Chrome or Google starts to pull the plug on HTTP downloads...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jack_Met said:

Mobile???

No

  • Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just installed the SilentPatch for all supported gta games, but I don't think it's working, I have the German version of all and played a bit of all before installing the patch, could that be the problem?

Could deleting my old save games solve the problem?

Edited by Stevedercoole
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Stevedercoole said:

I just installed the SilentPatch for all supported gta games, but I don't think it's working, I have the German version of all and played a bit of all before installing the patch, could that be the problem?

Could deleting my old save games solve the problem?

I believe everyone uses the gta_sa.exe US 1.0 (Hoodlum) version when talking about mods, that's the one I'd go for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Lucky Mole said:

I believe everyone uses the gta_sa.exe US 1.0 (Hoodlum) version when talking about mods, that's the one I'd go for.

I'm completely new to gta modding, the only modding experience I have is with minecraft. How does one get that gta_sa.exe US 1.0 (Hoodlum) version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stevedercoole said:

I'm completely new to gta modding, the only modding experience I have is with minecraft. How does one get that gta_sa.exe US 1.0 (Hoodlum) version?

If you have it on Steam, you can look for the GTA SA Downgrade (I don't know if it can be done with any other version of GTA SA) this patch leaves the GTA perfectly ready to install any mod

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Stevedercoole said:

I'm completely new to gta modding, the only modding experience I have is with minecraft. How does one get that gta_sa.exe US 1.0 (Hoodlum) version?

If you don't have the steam version, SAMP already comes with the Hoodlum exe, so you can get it from there. Talking about SA now, I don't know about other GTAs.

Edited by The Lucky Mole
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The download wont start. I click the link to download and it opens a new tab and just closes and nothing happens. Can someone help?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MrCrabs said:

The download wont start. I click the link to download and it opens a new tab and just closes and nothing happens. Can someone help?

Try another browser

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1- Can you fix these texture bugs? This object is colored on PS2, but it's black and white on PC. Also some of buildings has dark textures.

 

An example

Tjy7jou.png

 

2- Can you add some changes about peds? like soldiers in area69, new biker cop for LV, different ped for noodle and ice cream carts, airport workers, fixed ped animations, peds escapes when car burns or if you aim with rpg on them and a lot more just like on PS2 version. There's a lot of removed and unused contents.

 

An example : 

 

3- Can you add removed parked and wreck cars, four dragons casino lambs and other little features just like on PS2?

 

An example

iAJXd3y.jpg

 

4- Can you add some of BETA and PS2 features in game and let us to turn on them from .ini file just like colored gang zone feature. I would love to see some little details in my game from BETA and PS2. Maybe you can add more details and give us a chance for active them from .ini file.

 

An example :

 

 

 

Edited by traviscott
  • KEKW 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, traviscott said:

1- Can you fix these texture bugs? This object is colored on PS2, but it's black and white on PC. Also some of buildings has dark textures.

 

An example

Tjy7jou.png

 

2- Can you add some changes about peds? like soldiers in area69, new biker cop for LV, different ped for noodle and ice cream carts, airport workers, fixed ped animations, peds escapes when car burns or if you aim with rpg on them and a lot more just like on PS2 version. There's a lot of removed and unused contents.

 

An example : 

 

3- Can you add removed parked and wreck cars, four dragons casino lambs and other little features just like on PS2?

 

An example

iAJXd3y.jpg

 

4- Can you add some of BETA and PS2 features in game and let us to turn on them from .ini file just like colored gang zone feature. I would love to see some little details in my game from BETA and PS2. Maybe you can add more details and give us a chance for active them from .ini file.

 

An example :

 

 

 

SilentPatch can't do any of those. It only fixes script bugs. There are seperate mods to do the stuff you're asking, like PS2 map, peds fleeing from burning cars and so on. There's a mod for everything you ask actually.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 16 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests

    • ANTONXDPRO
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.