• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silent

• Inadequate

• SilverRST

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These games are surely great, nonetheless they have some issues. This modification attempts to fix some of them. Featured fixes: GTA SA: (last update: 22.02.2020)  DOWNLOAD SilentPatchSA GT

In the wake of recent events here and on Discord, I would like to make a somewhat official announcement, since I start feeling like what is happening starts taking a toll on my well being:  

🎂 Happy Birthday SilentPatch! On December 29th 2013, the very first SilentPatch builds were released! 🎂   For this occasion, new builds have been released for GTA III, Vice City and San Andr

On 12/18/2019 at 1:00 PM, Silent said:

Don't know.

Definitely a bug! SP code has facilities allowing me to correct such issues en masse quickly, so I will have to take a look at those. Thanks!

Define "custom" - if it only happens with added cars and not stock/replaced ones then you should bring it up with the author of whatever plugin you use to add cars (I assume FLA, in which case you should bring it up with @fastman92). If it happens with stock cars too though (ID 400 to 611) then I'll have to take a look.

Sorry I meant customized vanilla cars...after some some time the nitro is gone (dont remember if the tank itself disappears as well but going back to a car shop shows me that I already have nitro installed when it fact it got deleted)

On 12/18/2019 at 12:09 AM, Pirushu said:

Talking about the saved games
When I am playing a 100% game (Or at least with some unlocked things like girlfriends with Police or Medical benefits (Barbara or Katie)) Well if I start a new game after loading this first one, those benefits do not disappear, and I continue to maintain weapons even after being wasted or busted
Is it a bug or should I consider it a New Game +?

Now fixed! Was as easy as the other "variables carry over to new game" bugs

4 hours ago, AshGamer007 said:

In the mission 'Ciprini Chauffeur' of GTAIII after installing SilentPatchIII Toni's car gets stuck in Joey's garage and player freezes  

That sounds more like a frame limiter problem than a SP problem.

• Like 2

Another tiny fix to the collection found and made by @The Hero - models with a high draw distance and no matching non-LOD model (like cranes in Portland and lit windows on some buildings) now do not vanish when player gets close to them:

unknown.png

It's really obvious when you compare it with how it was before, where entire top parts of these cranes would disappear as player gets closer.

Edited by Silent

Moser 1992 III VC SA FAN
On 12/18/2019 at 12:52 PM, Silent said:

No es un error de SCM: las banderas como estas no son específicas de la secuencia de comandos, sino que se especifican en el ejecutable, por lo que el ejecutable en sí debería haberlas reiniciado en New Game. Si bien puede solucionarlo a través de SCM, no es la forma prevista de manejarlo.

Hello silent, I ask you the next question you could ask in an upcoming update of the silent patch for SA that the airport radars turn around as well as in vice city and if I'm not bad as in SA of ps2

and another thing the silent patch is one of the best mods congratulations for your success in this spectacular work is a great change in the san andreas or other gta and leaves them fantastic

Edited by RedDagger
removed formatting on request

7 hours ago, Silent said:

That sounds more like a frame limiter problem than a SP problem.

I have tried with both frame limiter on and off. But it only happens when I skip the cutscene in the mission after installing SilentPatch.

Edited by AshGamer007

24 minutes ago, dent0nz said:
Spoiler

WhY dO yoU PEOPLE AlWayS ChoOsE to NoT use thE defAuLT pOsT forMattIng?

Why are you making fun of someone that's clear doesn't know english? And obviously is copying the replies from a translator, that's why isn't the same text formatting the forum uses.

What if it was you the one who doesn't know an understandable level of english language, and trying your best to communicate with it and someone else making fun of you?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, dent0nz said:

WhY dO yoU PEOPLE AlWayS ChoOsE to NoT use thE defAuLT pOsT forMattIng?

Quiet friend, he just doesn't speak English and he uses the Google translator, I also had those problems at the beginning

49 minutes ago, gts. said:

And obviously is copying the replies from a translator, that's why isn't the same text formatting the forum uses.

Right. I'll be more compassionate from now on.

7 hours ago, Moser 1992 III VC SA FAN said:

Hello silent, I ask you the next question you could ask in an upcoming update of the silent patch for SA that the airport radars turn around as well as in vice city and if I'm not bad as in SA of ps2

Do they really spin on PS2? I think they're just static in San Andreas overall, and a map edit would be required to fix this. But if they do spin on PS2 and not on PC, then maybe I can do something about it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, The Lucky Mole said:

Right. I'll be more compassionate from now on.

What? That reply wasn't even for you. Or did you forgot to log out from your main account and switch to your second account to answer me? I lol'd.

EDIT:

Sorry for the off-topic Silent haha!

Edited by gts.

On 12/19/2019 at 3:37 PM, maxim444 said:

Sorry I meant customized vanilla cars...after some some time the nitro is gone (dont remember if the tank itself disappears as well but going back to a car shop shows me that I already have nitro installed when it fact it got deleted)

Could you take a look please?

43 minutes ago, gts. said:

What? That reply wasn't even for you. Or did you forgot to log out from your main account and switch to your second account to answer me? I lol'd.

EDIT:

Sorry for the off-topic Silent haha!

I was actually annoyed by that formatting and I'd sure criticise someone because of this. Well, not now.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:22 PM, -Anti- said:

Could this be fixed?

https://gtaforums.com/topic/530575-tutcomponent-rules/?tab=comments#comment-1069507454

When using comprule 4fff in default.ide/vehicle.ide the 6th extra will never spawn.

When

I looked into this and apparently only VC and SA are affected. III does not have such a comprule.

🎂 Happy Birthday SilentPatch! On December 29th 2013, the very first SilentPatch builds were released! 🎂

For this occasion, new builds have been released for GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas! For the first time the releases have received a name! Due to the amount of fixes related to coronas and lights, this release has been dubbed “The Corona Update”:

coronaupdate_bg.png

This time I put quite a bit of effort in nicely documenting changes, but forum's BBCode will never allow me to post something as fancy, and thus...

For details and a changelog, CLICK HERE to check a release post on my blog!

If you want to just download and play instead:

DOWNLOAD SilentPatchSA

DOWNLOAD SilentPatchVC

DOWNLOAD SilentPatchIII

Enjoy and see you in 2020!

IPL Carry Over Glitch in San Andreas - The standard "text IPL" pickups for Extinguishers in fast food joints and Sniper Rifle near the Cropduster above the San Fierro Airport are only added to the map when a new game is started when the game has just started. These pickups are missing when a new game is restarted after loading a previous save.

This issue also effects unused sections in text IPLs, such as CARS and JUMP. This limits the usefulness of these seldom used modding strategies.

I have noticed no problems with car generators from binary IPLs. The issue appears to be limited to text IPLs.

Extinguishers: Burger, Pizza and (unused) Donut (gen_int5.ipl)

IPL pickups are type 2, they respawn quickly

Sniper (countryw.ipl)

Added: I always considered these to be SCM issues but perhaps the SP can help...

Can the blocking radius of cargens be modified so the airstrip hunter and leviathan can spawn at the same time on a standard game?
Is there a way to stop the Bayside Vortex from ghosting into the bay and sinking when it spawns?

Edited by OrionSR

3 hours ago, Silent said:

🎂 Happy Birthday SilentPatch! On December 29th 2013, the very first SilentPatch builds were released! 🎂

For this occasion, new builds have been released for GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas! For the first time the releases have received a name! Due to the amount of fixes related to coronas and lights, this release has been dubbed “The Corona Update”:

Well done!
Thanks for all the work that you've done and shared.

8 hours ago, Silent said:

Enjoy and see you in 2020!

You and Fastman92 and The Hero & Junior_Djjr & ThirteenAG is for me a hero 

Thank you MASTER ❤️ 

What a time to be alive and see this god sent update right here. Those fixed coronas, especially with the GTA3 firetruck looks so good.

Edited by gts.

Hi,Silent, I'm from Russia, so I apologize for my English. In short, after the last update, I had broken shadows in San Andreas, although in the previous version everything worked, there was a large square of shadow around CJ that covered the rest of the shadows, I don't know why this happened. I have a Steam version, the latest version of SkyGFX, Project 2dfx, and a widescreen patch. Please help.

8lqQ_wieFoM.jpg

2kGbMjWuSWU.jpg

Edited by EbanumbaG

16 minutes ago, EbanumbaG said:

Hi,Silent, I'm from Russia, so I apologize for my English. In short, after the last update, I had broken shadows in San Andreas, although in the previous version everything worked, there was a large square of shadow around CJ that covered the rest of the shadows, I don't know why this happened. I have a Steam version, the latest version of SkyGFX, Project 2dfx, and a widescreen patch. Please help.

8lqQ_wieFoM.jpg

2kGbMjWuSWU.jpg

Are you sure you don't have any other mod? I don't have that problem

Edited by Pirushu

18 minutes ago, EbanumbaG said:

8lqQ_wieFoM.jpg

2kGbMjWuSWU.jpg

Particle.txd у тебя модифицированный, скорее из за этого. либо с 2dfx напортачил в настройках (его править надо, чтобы нормально использовать)

Edited by Maks_Grain4
  • Bruh 1

1 hour ago, Maks_Grain4 said:

Particle.txd у тебя модифицированный, скорее из за этого. либо с 2dfx напортачил в настройках (его править надо, чтобы нормально использовать)

Спасибо за ответ, но я уже просто silentpatch откатил до прошлой версии, и всё работает, мне там всё равно осталось немного пройти)

• Bruh 1

12 minutes ago, EbanumbaG said:

Спасибо за ответ, но я уже просто silentpatch откатил до прошлой версии, и всё работает, мне там всё равно осталось немного пройти)

отключи в skygfx все динамические тени (кроме тех что исходят от персонажей). и всё будет гуд

• Like 1
  • YEE 1
  • Bruh 1

This is an English only forum, please use English.

1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

This is an English only forum, please use English.

Ok. I just explained to him in my own language. the error was skygfx

• Like 1

On 28/12/2019 at 16:12, Silent said:

<font style=🎂"> ¡ Feliz cumpleaños SilentPatch! ¡El 29 de diciembre de 2013, se lanzaron las primeras compilaciones de SilentPatch! <font style=🎂">

Para esta ocasión, se han lanzado nuevas versiones para GTA III, Vice City y San Andreas. ¡Por primera vez los lanzamientos han recibido un nombre! Debido a la cantidad de correcciones relacionadas con coronas y luces, este lanzamiento se ha denominado "The Corona Update" :

¡Disfruta y nos vemos en 2020!

Amazing Silent! Thank you for contributing so much to the community! And very happy birthday to the patch :)

Nice update. thx for implementng the fix for extra6.

It would be nice though if it was possible to disable the fix for the siren placement indvidually for each affected vehicle. otherwise there is no good option if using only some vehicles that account for the misplaced sirens.

and some other minor stuff about sirens.

1. the sirens on the dashboard (Rancher, Washington, Cheetah) arent visible from behind (also without silent patch). You can see them if looking through the windscreen (0 degrees) up until 90 degrees (like the side view) but looking at the siren from behind makes it invisible.

2. I know it's not the fault of silent patch but just to let you know. FBICarRandomiser also changes something about the sirens and the positions of the FBI Rachcher sirens remains the same when using it.

1 hour ago, -Anti- said:

It would be nice though if it was possible to disable the fix for the siren placement indvidually for each affected vehicle. otherwise there is no good option if using only some vehicles that account for the misplaced sirens.

I considered it, but so far I am not sure how to do this without making the config file a total mess.

1 hour ago, -Anti- said:

1. the sirens on the dashboard (Rancher, Washington, Cheetah) arent visible from behind (also without silent patch). You can see them if looking through the windscreen (0 degrees) up until 90 degrees (like the side view) but looking at the siren from behind makes it invisible.

That's intended, although I guess the viewing angle could be a bit wider.

1 hour ago, -Anti- said:

2. I know it's not the fault of silent patch but just to let you know. FBICarRandomiser also changes something about the sirens and the positions of the FBI Rachcher sirens remains the same when using it.

That mod also tampers with sirens, so in a way it works perfectly as intended - SilentPatch notices that siren code for these vehicles has been tampered with and bails out gracefully, so there is no conflict.

• Like 2