3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Silent

SilentPatch

TWIST_OF_HATE

So we actually have a bunch of people here that is somewhat close to Silent.

Like people which been there from the creation of SilentPatch, people which testing and developing some stuff with Silent, even people which know Silent personally.

That is some kind of community.

And I believe most of these people would like to see some GTA IV fix, just like me.
And if some of us ready to invest money into GTA IV SP, than we are good to go.

Personally I ready to do it, but I can't pay alone, I have just 350$ salary per month guys ))

But if we will create respected "Patreon" page, and communicate with people which really want to help in this, and each of us will invest atleast 50$, you know ...

We can disscuss this on discord or somewhere else.

Silent

Hey,

a quick update on SilentPatchSA - I have re-released Build 30 with a few internal changes which mostly benefit LS-RP users, but not only. Changes in this release are as follows:

• On request, AD:RP has been added to the internal list of servers using "LS-RP Mode".
  • To cut down on such requests in the future, I have exposed this server list to the INI file under [LSRPModeServers]. Here you will be able to add IP's of servers you'd like to use this mode with. Do note that LS-RP and AD:RP are still hardcoded to prevent "cheating" by removing entries from this INI section.
  • Weapon rendering issues with LS-RP Mode have been fixed
  • Muzzle flash fix has been improved a bit

Previously, LS-RP mode affected negatively the way weapons looked. People reported they look somewhat transparent, and indeed they did - now they're back to how they should be looking in the first place:

YJHXy8t.jpg

However, by a sheer accident, this fix benefits non-LS-RP users too! When I modified muzzle flash rendering for the first SP release a bit, they did become better looking but I never noticed that under certain angles they look just wrong. Coincidentally, fixing weapon rendering for LS-RP also fixed this issue!

FuXIfbR.jpg

Junior_Djjr
On 3/30/2019 at 8:18 AM, Silent said:

Even if I got Patreon for those, I don't foresee it'd be anything substantial as people generally flip out as soon as they seen the word "money".

Not responding directly to you, but anyone who ever thinks about doing this for some work like a mod:

If I'm not mistaken, Patreon only serves recurring financing. Many people don't like this for small works, like a mod, as it creates an obligation to pay a monthly "salary" to the creator, even if the person can stop at any time, paying $5 a month for 4 months is very different from paying $20 just one time and wait for the final product.

Monthly payment is horrible, since the longer the creator takes to create the product, the more it makes money, it's nonsense. On the other hand, if you feel obligated to work at all times during the month, because, here, you are not simply delivering an final product, you become an employee.

This may make you worse instead of helping you.

I created a crowdfunding for the creation of Tuning Mod v3 using the Catarse (I don't know if it is highly used in countries other than Brazil). I even sometimes support works there, like this. I find it a great way to help with non-long-term works.

I got around 130 dollars (half of a minimum wage in Brazil), it was very cool because everyone got a win. I got some money for the job and people got a better mod because I worked more on it, I did things I would not create.

A Discord server was created for the supporters, and we kept talking there. For being supporters, it was a very good environment because it filters a lot of bad people.

I highly recommend the use of crowdfunding for anyone thinking of creating a big mod, but don't use monthly services like Patreon.

For people thinking of just opening a patreon thinking of being an "employee" to create different mods, think twice, it doesn't always work (but it worked out too well for JulioNIB), because as I said, hardly anyone would like to pay a modder monthly, and the modder himself would feel bad for being forced to work like a employee. In the end, what matters is to feel comfortable.

Silent

Those are excellent points, @Junior_Djjr. The only thing I can think of against your stance is that people can opt out of Patreon at any point. While if I ever have Patreon I'd explicitly state that I don't do exclusive fixes for patrons, people could naturally still be disappointed. But then if somebody thinks their patroned person doesn't do enough = stop patroning them. It sounds fairly simple to me, but I have never patroned nor was patroned, so I'm not sure.

CanerKaraca

Are you thinking of making a new version for SilentPatchVC ?

You are best modder for VC.

Junior_Djjr
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Silent said:

While if I ever have Patreon I'd explicitly state that I don't do exclusive fixes for patrons

Yes, me too.

I even arranged a fight with a team because they wanted my work to be exclusive to them. I hate this.
(but I'm not sure if you meant really "exclusive").

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Silent
13 minutes ago, Junior_Djjr said:

(but I'm not sure if you meant really "exclusive").

I meant "if you pay at least $10/month you can request your favourite game to be fixed and I'll do it ASAP".

Junior_Djjr
Just now, Silent said:

I meant "if you pay at least $10/month you can request your favourite game to be fixed and I'll do it ASAP".

Yeah, it goes into the "employee" case.

Another possibility is voting. People vote on what they want done on a to-do list you have defined. Other than that, it's just ideas. It's also something dull that almost nobody cares.

JulioNIB works by releasing mods before to the patrons and then to the public. I don't know how, but really a lot of people support him, there are more people who don't know how to wait than I imagined.

Well, I think Patreon really isn't good for mods, but single funding of a pre-idealized project (like the Catarse thing) is interesting and it worked very well for me.

LaDiDa

Wouldn't you be eligable to a straight up C&D by "selling" mods anyway (Since you're using someone elses IP to "make a profit")???

Junior_Djjr
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, LaDiDa said:

Wouldn't you be eligable to a straight up C&D by "selling" mods anyway (Since you're using someone elses IP to "make a profit")???

JulioNIB has 2,600 patrons and create mods for RAGE, mostly GTA V, and looks super cool with R* and Take2.

And cases like this there is no reason to care, we are only helping the game, different from for example FiveM that impacts the GTA Online.

It's not simple as "making a profit from IP", otherwise all gameplay videos on Youtube should be demonetized.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Masked_Man

Sorry, tell me, will ye fix the problem with not jumping a taxi in new versions of the patch?In the auld versions of the patch it was possible tae jump, but in the new one it was impossible, I wrote aboot this recently.

Silent

I find it highly unlikely it's caused by the patch. Can anyone else verify this?

Masked_Man
16 minutes ago, Silent said:

Я нахожу это очень маловероятным, это вызвано патчем. Кто-нибудь еще может это проверить?

As soon as I delete your patch, the taxi can jump again.

In previous versions of the patch, everything worked fine.

Silent
Posted (edited)

Welp, looks like that's indeed the case! Beats me why would it happen but I'll have tae look into it I guess, thanks!

EDIT:

Figured it oot, I'll probably have a fix tomorrow.

Edited by Silent

WarButler

Am I aff ma bloody nut or is everyone typing in a Scottish accent oot of nowhere?

SHIFAAU9 / SHIFAAH9
Posted (edited)

Edit: what he said 👇

Edited by SHIFAAU9 / SHIFAAH9

gts.
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Silent said:

Welp, looks like that's indeed the case! Beats me why would it happen but I'll have tae look into it I guess, thanks!

EDIT:

Figured it oot, I'll probably have a fix tomorrow.

Nice ye have figured it oot. Anyway, that reward after all Taxi sub-missions is just annoying lol.

EDIT:

Uh, nice grammatical joke GTAForums lol.

Edited by gts.

Akiri

thanks for updating!:^:

Silent

And fixed! SilentPatchSA Build 30 has been reuploaded (we're at r30.3 internally now) with a fix for taxi boost jumps. Turns out it was a regression introduced in May 2018 with Firela ladder animations! Oddly enough, nobody ever reported this throughout numerous test builds sent around.

Now Taxis can jump again, better than ever before.

As always, download from the first post!

djdarko

I found another anomaly in GTA III, I have no idea if this is related to your Silent Patches.

I was testing my pager fonts, and I noticed that the text doesn't align properly, looks like the left side of the weapons icon is cutoff too:

https://imgur.com/a/28zEEDu

gts.
6 minutes ago, BillyBadass said:

I found another anomaly in GTA III, I have no idea if this is related to your Silent Patches.

I was testing my pager fonts, and I noticed that the text doesn't align properly, looks like the left side of the weapons icon is cutoff too:

https://imgur.com/a/28zEEDu

As far as I know SilentPatch doesn't touch anything related to the game fonts apart from the shadows behind them. So, is probably your custom fonts, try without SilentPatch.

djdarko
14 minutes ago, gts. said:

As far as I know SilentPatch doesn't touch anything related to the game fonts apart from the shadows behind them. So, is probably your custom fonts, try without SilentPatch.

I tested with the standard vanilla fonts and it looked the same.

I tested it without the Silent Patch and it did the same, also tested without ThirteenAG's Widescreen fix, and it looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/m3HcfYz

gts.
2 hours ago, BillyBadass said:

I tested with the standard vanilla fonts and it looked the same.

I tested it without the Silent Patch and it did the same, also tested without ThirteenAG's Widescreen fix, and it looks like this:

https://imgur.com/a/m3HcfYz

I don't see any issue with the fonts in your screenshot.

9 hours ago, Silent said:

Nice lie you have there. Or should I say April Fool's Day joke? :p

djdarko
1 hour ago, gts. said:

I don't see any issue with the fonts in your screenshot.

Nice lie you have there. Or should I say April Fool's Day joke? :p

I mean the fonts on the Pager. Aren't they too low? They go below the Pager screen display area.

Masked_Man

Thank you so much for the update.

I also want to add:

What about prostitutes and gangsters who do not spawn with knives?They take out knives only when ammunition runs out.

I used to play version 1.1 of the game.
There they could spawn with a knife and without a gun.

I used to play version 1.1 of the game.
There they could spawn with a knife and without a gun.

And something else : Can you fix the gang members so that they protect player outside of the missions? :)

I just think that if there are any functions in the game, then it is better to use them in a free game.

Sorry if I bother you with this :) And forgive me for my bad English.

santosvagos
10 hours ago, Silent said:

And fixed! SilentPatchSA Build 30 has been reuploaded (we're at r30.3 internally now) with a fix for taxi boost jumps. Turns out it was a regression introduced in May 2018 with Firela ladder animations! Oddly enough, nobody ever reported this throughout numerous test builds sent around.

As always, download from the first post!

Wow , nice graphic !! Skygfx ??

gts.
51 minutes ago, BillyBadass said:

I mean the fonts on the Pager. Aren't they too low? They go below the Pager screen display area.

Doesn't look wrong for me. Also, if I'm not wrong those look the same on a clean game, unmodded.

51 minutes ago, santosvagos said:

Wow , nice graphic !! Skygfx ??

Yup, that's skygfx with neo reflections enabled.

djdarko
1 hour ago, gts. said:

Doesn't look wrong for me. Also, if I'm not wrong those look the same on a clean game, unmodded.

It's the same font, just upscaled without resampling. It works because the original font style has sharp blocky edges.

It doesn't make a huge difference, but I figured to do it since I was already doing the font1 and font2 sets which make a huge difference.

Sp23XCl.png

S6XMHVs.png

Silent

You are using a custom pager texture which clearly was made with a different text placement in mind. How is this considered a game bug and not an incorrect asset?

gts.
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BillyBadass said:

It's the same font, just upscaled without resampling. It works because the original font style has sharp blocky edges.

It doesn't make a huge difference, but I figured to do it since I was already doing the font1 and font2 sets which make a huge difference.

Spoiler

Sp23XCl.png

Spoiler

S6XMHVs.png

Duh, I thought it was something to do with the game fonts but is just a modded fonts, and even all of this time was the pager texture the supposed "bug". How can you expect that this has something to do with SilentPatch when isn't a vanilla game bug? It's up to you to fix that, is just the texture.

Edited by gts.