4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Silent

SilentPatch

RegistaG
On 3/23/2019 at 7:15 PM, pincoball said:

Hi everyone, has anyone ever had the problem of not being able to toggle (turn on/off) sirens (e.g. in a police car) when Frame Limiter is disabled? This happens to me despite the patch and I noticed in other forums they complained about this problem.

Great work with the patch!

Cheers

you can always turn the frame limiter on and use open limit adjuster or some cleo scripts to play at 60fps

Davve95
Posted (edited)

What was the cause of gang members having attached poles and fences and other stuff?
I have been trying to search for it. But I coulden't find.

Was it some sort of a memory problem?

Edit: I saw I had FLA stream memory set to too high, so I'll see if it helps when I was lowering to 1024.

Edited by Davve95

Masked_Man

I already wrote about this, but even so why do you not want to fix the bug.A bug due to which your gang members do not protect you outside missions?

Why do not you recognize this as a bug of the game? If in missions this function is used, but not used in a free game, then it means a bug.

And if there is this function have in the game, can you not restore it?

And also:
I don't know if your patch is or not, or it was in the European label.
But before any bandits and prostitutes, could attack the player with a knife, but now there are no such functions, they either fight with their fists, or take out a gun.
Although after death a knife falls out of them, so why did they stop using it, although they used them before?

And please forgive me for my bad English, I hope you will understand me.

I meant the European exe

2 minutes ago, Masked_Man said:

European label

3 minutes ago, Masked_Man said:

I already wrote about this, but even so why do you not want to fix the bug.A bug due to which your gang members do not protect you outside missions?

Why do not you recognize this as a bug of the game? If in missions this function is used, but not used in a free game, then it means a bug.

And also:
I don't know if this has changed your patch is or not, or it was in the European exe.
But before any bandits and prostitutes, could attack the player with a knife, but now there are no such functions, they either fight with their fists, or take out a gun.
Although after death a knife falls out of them, so why did they stop using it, although they used them before?

Razor_Vermillion
6 hours ago, Masked_Man said:

And also:
I don't know if your patch is or not, or it was in the European label.

I meant the European exe

Isn't there a mod like that?

one created by MKKJ?

Masked_Man
1 hour ago, Razor1096 said:

one created by MKKJ?

They still do not protect the player in a free game mode

Masked_Man
2 hours ago, Razor1096 said:

one created by MKKJ?

In a free game, they will only cowardly run away like chikens.
And on missions they will protect you if enemies attack you.

Silent
22 hours ago, Masked_Man said:

You cited the very reason this is most likely a deliberate change, as I imagine it's hard to make such things work only in missions by mistake.

If you think it's bug, please present some kind of proof.

Masked_Man
18 hours ago, Silent said:

You cited the very reason this is most likely a deliberate change, as I imagine it's hard to make such things work only in missions by mistake.

If you think it's bug, please present some kind of proof.

And what's the point of doing this function only for missions, or at the  wanted level?Can this be considered an argument? :)

Okay, I'll think about the arguments.
Just a shame that no one has restored this function.

santosvagos
On 3/25/2019 at 4:17 AM, Masked_Man said:

GSF members still protect me outside the mission . You might have done somethings wrong with your game . 

Brooklynzsmac

They give up and start running when player has 3rd or above wanted level.

Inadequate
2 hours ago, Brooklynzsmac said:

They give up and start running when player has 3rd or above wanted level.

That's real gangsta.

Masked_Man
8 hours ago, santosvagos said:

GSF members still protect me outside the mission . You might have done somethings wrong with your game . 

Even in a clean game, they do not protect the player.Even for my friends and others, they don’t work, although they also have a clean game, or other versions of games, but they don’t work either.So maybe you have some kind of mods? Or do you mean that they will beat you from the cops at star levels?They protect me from cops too.I mean that they do not protect me from regular pedestrians, outside of missions!

Masked_Man

By the way, an interesting fact:Did you know that in GTA San Andreas, too after passing the missions by taxi, in the taxi cars the jump function was shown? And it initially worked even in pure versions of the game.But for some reason the game itself was not reported anywhere, only the nitro is reported by the game.So it worked on me, before I put the last version of your patch.Although in previous versions of the mod this function worked.So is it a mistake now?Because it costs me to remove your patch or install the last version of the mod, the function works correctly again.In general, you can check for yourself on a clean game, after the taxi missions.To make the function work, press the car alarm key (H standart).

Well, car jump, as in the previous parts of the GTA 3 and GTA Weiss city. I hope you understand me. And forgive me for my bad English.

santosvagos
2 hours ago, Masked_Man said:

they do not protect me from regular pedestrians, outside of missions!

Yep , they don't protect you from regular pedestrians , only recruited members do .
Sorry for misunderstanding .

Davve95
Posted (edited)

[SA]

I hope you don't get annoyed with suggestions.

But aren't the trunk damage abit bugged? Unitil it will fall off? Because it needs hundreds of hits before it

falls off. I mean other parts fall off way more easy.

I think I was not 100% sure they could even fall off. I think I have just seen it sometimes before.

Because it's so rare.

https://imgur.com/ghWT2Sb

Edited by Davve95

DayL
Posted (edited)

Did you ever thought doing a Silent Patch for IV? I mean why just the old ones? IV have soooo many issues as you may know. Im waiting for years for a thing like that, even more because Rockstar seems to not care about IV. I mean they did nothing for it's 10 year anniversary...

GTA IV still have a community today, they are still a lot of people who care about IV. 

Edited by DayL

TWIST_OF_HATE
2 hours ago, DayL said:

Did you ever thought doing a Silent Patch for IV?

We rushing Silent about SilentPatch IV from time to time, but currently no plans for this AFAIK.
May be closer to 2028 Silent will surprise us ))

Recommended

Just dropping in to give my personal thanks for all the work you've put into this patch. It truly is perfect and you've made GTA SA 100 fold more enjoyable than before, and there's literally nothing more that needs to be added. Also, the road train is truly the cherry on top.

I remember back in childhood when I first saw those truck trailers with the extra bit on the back, and I was like "Can we really do what I think we can?" only to find out you couldn't was a disappointment, but finding out you've even put in the effort to give us the option to hook up multiple trailers is epic.

And just to think, all I need to do is move 2 files into the game root directory, and just like that 100s of things are fixed/added into the game. It's one of the cleanest and to the point mods/scripts I've ever seen. You really are the pride of the modding community.

I would say keep up the good work, but honestly you've already outdone yourself and given something much more than anyone here could have asked for... well I'm aware there are still some that have their spyglasses out for even the smallest of things to complain about, but who cares about them anyway?

But seriously, thank you for this patch. That's literally all I wanted to drop in to say.

George Costanza
9 hours ago, DayL said:

GTA IV still have a community today, they are still a lot of people who care about IV. 

well if they car so much, why dont they do some sort of silentpatch on their own?

Ash_735

GTA IV would mean having to touch RAGE, which Take-Two states is a big no no, not worth the risk of court and fines when he can devote time to modern games where the publishers/developers aren't dicks. 

djdarko

Hi guys, I'm just getting back into the classic trilogy and updating my mods.

I'm currently getting some kind of glitch in San Andreas v1.0 where right after loading my save it will briefly flash the intro video, resuming it from when I hit the skip button at startup, for example it will say "Rockstar Games Presents" for a moment.  Is anyone else having this issue, and is it fixable?

Male01
5 hours ago, BillyBadass said:

Hi guys, I'm just getting back into the classic trilogy and updating my mods.

I'm currently getting some kind of glitch in San Andreas v1.0 where right after loading my save it will briefly flash the intro video, resuming it from when I hit the skip button at startup, for example it will say "Rockstar Games Presents" for a moment.  Is anyone else having this issue, and is it fixable?

I also have that issue. It's not just "Rockstar Games Presents" but rarther where you last were on the video. You will also see the flashes after returning to the game after having pressed the Windows key. This is all harmless.

I know this mod is flooding with issues on Build 30 that aren't Silent's (entire) fault. (Junior_Djjr: Please expand MixSets.) I don't know if or how Silent is having his break, but I respect his decisions. (Please make MLGMemeMode.)

DayL
18 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

GTA IV would mean having to touch RAGE, which Take-Two states is a big no no, not worth the risk of court and fines when he can devote time to modern games where the publishers/developers aren't dicks. 

I can't agree tbh. They don't care about IV, doesn't matter if it uses Rage Engine. And definitely not script mods...

djdarko
3 hours ago, Male01 said:

I also have that issue. It's not just "Rockstar Games Presents" but rarther where you last were on the video. You will also see the flashes after returning to the game after having pressed the Windows key. This is all harmless.

I know this mod is flooding with issues on Build 30 that aren't Silent's (entire) fault. (Junior_Djjr: Please expand MixSets.) I don't know if or how Silent is having his break, but I respect his decisions. (Please make MLGMemeMode.)

OK, thanks. I was just making sure that I didn't have something messed up on my setup specifically.

Ash_735
38 minutes ago, DayL said:

I can't agree tbh. They don't care about IV, doesn't matter if it uses Rage Engine. And definitely not script mods...

Well we as a community have direct orders from Take-Two to NOT touch anything related to RAGE, GTA IV, GTAV, RDR1, etc, as well as not being allowed to port maps between either games nor import content from other games into their RAGE. They've already gone after people in this community and threatened them or worse because of this. It sucks to hear but even though they don't care about GTA IV, they don't want anyone touching it or messing with RAGE at all, especially higher profile modders. Silent actually works in the industry at a studio (Abstraction Games) and can be easily targeted and has more to lose in this case, Take-Two would actually define it as an "enemy" studio breaking into their engine and trying to find their secrets (yes they're that petty), so overall it's just not worth the risk having Take-Two come after him and potentially blacklist his name when that time could be better spent fixing other games and sharing it with the developers and trading notes (see games like Yakuza 0).

djdarko

One other thing, when playing GTA III, I setup yojo's Radar Icons and Map, but the map and radar disc seem slightly offset, does anyone know how to fix that?

see here:

https://imgur.com/5Qxp5F0

DayL
58 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

Well we as a community have direct orders from Take-Two to NOT touch anything related to RAGE, GTA IV, GTAV, RDR1, etc, as well as not being allowed to port maps between either games nor import content from other games into their RAGE. They've already gone after people in this community and threatened them or worse because of this. It sucks to hear but even though they don't care about GTA IV, they don't want anyone touching it or messing with RAGE at all, especially higher profile modders. Silent actually works in the industry at a studio (Abstraction Games) and can be easily targeted and has more to lose in this case, Take-Two would actually define it as an "enemy" studio breaking into their engine and trying to find their secrets (yes they're that petty), so overall it's just not worth the risk having Take-Two come after him and potentially blacklist his name when that time could be better spent fixing other games and sharing it with the developers and trading notes (see games like Yakuza 0).

I didn't know he work's for a gaming studio. This is something different. Know i can truly understand why Silent IV is not happening. Thanks for clearing this up 👍

djdarko
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, BillyBadass said:

One other thing, when playing GTA III, I setup yojo's Radar Icons and Map, but the map and radar disc seem slightly offset, does anyone know how to fix that?

see here:

https://imgur.com/5Qxp5F0

I went into Photoshop and and tested different gauges of circles, it looks pretty good now in 4K.

Fixed Example: https://imgur.com/a/KbvpeIY

Apparently this was a common problem with ThirteenAG's widescreen fix.

Here are the fixes if anyone needs them. Just replace the radardisc image with your choice below.

models/hud.txd     [radardisc]

Spoiler

Gauge #1

vrwfdkX.png

Gauge #2
LTYK8Dp.png

Gauge #3 [shown in "fixed example" screenshot above]
2Ffsyny.png

Edited by BillyBadass
Added images

Silent
7 minutes ago, BillyBadass said:

Apparently this was a common problem with ThirteenAG's widescreen.

It's probably just an outdated version of the mod then.

Also to those wondering how come I never thought of SilentPatchIV, like it was said earlier - not only I'd rather be safe than sorry, but I also have very little interest in it. I don't have infinite time I can dedicate to patches, and since it's not giving me any compensation for a long while (people want everything, but nobody wants to actually invest in it) I am allocating my time in stuff I personally prefer.

Sorry to be blunt, but this is not a subscription service. Even if I got Patreon for those, I don't foresee it'd be anything substantial as people generally flip out as soon as they seen the word "money".

djdarko
12 minutes ago, Silent said:

It's probably just an outdated version of the mod then.

Thanks for the reply.

I just set the game up from a fresh install a couple days ago, I'm using CLEO, Modloader, ThirteenAG's Widescreen Fix and your Silent Patch, all downloaded from official sources and as far as I know everything is updated. I opened the Yojo Radar mod in photoshop, and it appeared un-centered when compared to vanilla radar graphic, so I really don't know what to make of it all.