4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

6 hours ago, Silent said:

Basing on what I heard from War Drum Studios, this should have been patched there already. I'll ask again.

1.08 version here.
On Google Play says the last update was in March 2015, the fix on SilentPatch was after this.

Here also causes crash after a while, and several people are reporting the same problem on Google Play. Very likely the crash is caused by this bug, as it happens in PC.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Hey there! It's time for another release of SilentPatch for San Andreas!
Almost 5 years after the initial announcement, SilentPatchSA has reached 30 official releases!

Here are all the changes introduced in this release:

• Rhino does not gain extra wheels after being fixed anymore
  • Firetruck (firela variant) now has a functional ladder - it can be raised by moving right analog stick down/pressing Num2
  • artict3 trailers now can be chained (as it was most likely intended, since the model has a hook dummy which was not functional until now)
  • Tug now has a functional tow bar (model has a hook dummy which was not functional until now)
  • DFT-30 left middle wheel now displays properly (game now accepts a typo present in its naming)
  • Pushing pedestrians against the wall with a vehicle will not trigger passenger's voice lines anymore - instead, now they are triggered when player runs over pedestrians
  • Several stat counters now reset on New Game - so the player will not level up quicker after starting New Game from a save
  • "To stop Carl..." message now resets properly on New Game
  • Pay 'n' Spray will not clean the car BEFORE garage doors close anymore - now it cleans them while the car is hidden behind the garage door
  • "True Invicibility" option has been added - with the option enabled, police helicopter will not hurt the player when they have an Invicibility cheat enabled (can be toggled on/off; DISABLED by default)

While this release does not bring an insane amount of new fixes, it's quite important due to its internal changes:

• Lightbeam fix now contains an INI exceptions list.
  • This release marks the first time SilentPatch has a special LS-RP Mode. For a long time, SilentPatch has been banned from usage on Los Santos Role Play SA-MP server due to the fact it makes weapons visible through car windows. This was decided to be advantageous for players who have the patch, as they had access to information stock game did not provide. From Build 30, SilentPatch detects when the player is playing on LS-RP and disables this one fix there. No other SA-MP server is affected!

DOWNLOAD

As always, enjoy! I hope this release enables even more people to enjoy improvements brought by the 'patch.

Edited by Silent

54 minutes ago, Silent said:

Firetruck (firela variant) now has a functional ladder - it can be raised by moving right analog stick down/pressing Num2

It just raises, if it stop holding Num8 it starts to lower. Was this expected or is it a bug?

Let's climb Chiliad.

1.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you! But still no ps2 fire shadows and no fix for hydra exhaust😕

rotating aircraft wheels are also even not in todo

Edited by Marsi4eg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Junior_Djjr said:

Was this expected or is it a bug?

Expected, that's how it worked originally and that part is not me.

Just now, Marsi4eg said:

no fix for hydra exhaust😕

It's not an original game bug... some mod causes it.

3 minutes ago, Silent said:

Expected, that's how it worked originally and that part is not me.

It's not an original game bug... some mod causes it. 

Silentpatch causes it, we discussed this some pages before 😑

Actually here

and the next message has confirmation

Edited by Marsi4eg

That's not the case though. There were more people (including myself) testing the clean game + SP only and couldn't reproduce. I only could reproduce it when some other mod was installed.

EDIT:

FYI Noskillx's test case was confirmed to be invalid, it was not SP causing that for him.

Edited by Silent

37 minutes ago, Silent said:

I only could reproduce it when some other mod was installed.

Ok sorry and thanks, it was also caused by skygfx. I got latest and it's ok now, exhausts work again with skygfx+sp.

Though there is a native bug that disables exhaust with open landing gear.

Widescreen causes it

7 minutes ago, Marsi4eg said:

Though there is a native bug that disables exhaust with open landing gear.

It's not a bug as far as I know.

unknown.png

Widescreen fix/SkyGfx/SP/GInput/modloader/probably something else, but no, what the f*ck Silent, stop breaking sh*t, you dumbf*ck fix what you broke, I am so sick of your crap you blue furry incompetent [email protected]

Edited by Silent

My 2 cents:

Tested in a game with several mods:

The bug is fixed when I remove:
Widescreen Fix by Wesser; OR
SilentPatch.
Maybe others?

Tested in a clean game:

The bug appears when I put:

SilentPatch; AND

Improved Fastloader; AND

Open Limit Adjuster.

Widescreen fix doesn't cause the bug in this case.

EDIT: sh*t, it is random.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

@Silent

Hey stop being angry please, I've apologized already.

And yes, I use WS FIx+Skygfx+SP+Ginput and the first thing I removed to test - accidently was SP, and the bug has gone. So that's why I reported it here in November. How could I know that older Skygfx can cause this?

Guys, test it more times, I noticed that, at least here, the bug is random.

But no, it is not caused by SilentPatch, happened to me with Open Limit Adjuster + Widescreen Fix by Wesser + Improved FastLoader (+ ModLoader and Silent Asi Loader). No SilentPatch this time.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

using the vanilla hydra model with silentpatch, skygfx, widescreen fix and all the other nice stuff around: the blue flames doesn't show IF the landing gears are deployed, and I think that's intended

3 minutes ago, El Dorado said:

the blue flames doesn't show IF the landing gears are deployed, and I think that's intended

Yeah, this is game native, but the problem is that it doesn't show even without landing gears.

Here it's random, it's necessary to reopen the game a few times to be sure that is working or not.

What the...? A new release when I'm not around here? lol. Anyway, that's great. Gonna to download it right away!

Thanks a lot!

It is random, also tried it, weird.

People can definitely be extremely entitled and demanding. You do amazing work, and should feel no guilt in taking a step back if you're feeling strained. I would just like to say though, that the vast majority of users will download and enjoy your mods without ever leaving a comment. This might create a skewed perception of how people are receiving your work, since a higher proportion of comments will be negative or immature. Of course, I cannot speak to your personal experiences. Speaking for myself, I started modding last year because I just wanted to play SA with a controller and came accross your tutorial for Ginput, which led me to Silent Patch, which then opened up the world of GTA mods. I'd never modded a game before in my life. It was kind of a revelation, and it was you who opened the door to me. So thank you, for your years of outstanding work. You've certainly earned a break, but I hope that you will return. Take care.

• Like 2

A community full of demanding immature childen. (Or jobless mommy basement dwellers who don't understand the concept of effort)

That's absolutely ridiculous. You shouldn't even address these people. Just straight out go full radio silence.

Really unfortunate situation. However, fair enough. They don't deserve patches. 

• Like 4

Despite I haven't been really active due to my illnesses, I've been following GTAF often and it has caught my attention indeed on how there are a sh*t-ton of dumb requests, like for real?? Not only in SP topic but also in Skygfx. These kids should be slapped by a giant purple dildo to shut them up.

Oh, hadn't really noticed that particular nasty behaviour.

Take care and enjoy some time off! Hopefully we'll see you back some time in the future!

P.S.: Thanks for fixing my game because the actual developer doesn't really care for their PC port.

• Like 3

> Fixes other games

> Gets nod from the developers/porters and attention from gaming websites

> Fixes GTA
> Gets complaints and constant arguments (also live in fear from Rockstar/Take-Two)

Gee I wonder why people don't like this scene 😛

It's probably just stacked over time, especially considering the amount of people who always requested LS-RP versions and now that that's been done, the reaction from the LS-RP community has just been "LOL WHY BOTHER USING THAT sh*t?", that and the other little digs.

I have seen many modding topics have to close down because of these ungrateful and disrespectful people don't know how to appreciate the works of community modders instead of giving somethings to support the mod development , they just keep asking the modders to do or fix what they want .
Thank you for your work on Silent patch , Silent !!!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Lol who even cares about lsrp.

Maybe for those who play LSRP? ... That you do not care does not mean that others do not do it either

• Like 3