1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Silent

SilentPatch

Marsi4eg
2 hours ago, The Eddo said:

How do I do that?

Why don't you use just existent $PLAYER_ACTOR global variable? Why do you create a new custom one that possibly interferes with $PLAYER_ACTOR?

Also you miss to check if your player and actor is defined before changing skin, that may prevent possible crashes too.

Edited by Marsi4eg

ThirteenAG

You've chosen to ignore content by The Eddo. (12 matches)

Out of 30 posts on last page almost half of it is from this goddamn spam bot and this forum still shows them as "new", despite that I don't wanna see them. GTAF pls. And where's all moderators at, I highly doubt that even 2 of those 12 posts are on topic.

The Eddo
3 hours ago, ThirteenAG said:

Out of 30 posts on last page almost half of it is from this goddamn spam bot and this forum still shows them as "new", despite that I don't wanna see them. GTAF pls. And where's all moderators at, I highly doubt that even 2 of those 12 posts are on topic.

Ouch, those harsh words. For the sake of your very own sanity, I'm leaving this topic as you've requested. See y'around:).

Edited by The Eddo

Miauxmaster

Hello @Silent! Do you still update this mod? if so, i´ve found a visual glitch (or bug, i dunno) in the propeller of the skimmer. Instead of looking kile a normal propeller it just looks like it´s made of cracked glass lol. Thanks for your attention. (i´m sorry if my english is bad)

Garpown
4 hours ago, Miauxmaster said:

Hello @Silent! Do you still update this mod? if so, i´ve found a visual glitch (or bug, i dunno) in the propeller of the skimmer. Instead of looking kile a normal propeller it just looks like it´s made of cracked glass lol. Thanks for your attention. (i´m sorry if my english is bad)

You need 'Original PS2 cars/vehicles converted to PC'. It's in the 'PS2 Features To PC Index' thread.

Miauxmaster
6 hours ago, Garpown said:

You need 'Original PS2 cars/vehicles converted to PC'. It's in the 'PS2 Features To PC Index' thread.

Thank you @Garpown!

Silent

This is exactly why RotorFixExceptions exists in the INI file. I added Maverick there a long time ago, I don't know how come I keep forgetting to also list Skimmer...

psychedelist

Amazing mod, my gta sa wouldn't exist without it, thanks a lot for making it. In my cleo modding, i've encountered an original game crash 0x0059FE47 (mixmods has it listed), it happens all the time if you create object instances and scale them up with 08D2 opcode. For example, create a lot of minigun or rpg objects, scale them up to 3.0 or more, attach them to a created car instance. Then as player, shake the camera fast, moving it away from the car then back on it. The crash will happen very soon then, seemingly when the objects are offscreen. I don't know if it's possible to fix something like this, but mentioning it just in case.

suparmarkeogai996

do you plan to fix a mistake where some of the pedestrians do not have voices when they should ?

like the security guard in gta san andreas 

gts.
6 minutes ago, suparmarkeogai996 said:

do you plan to fix a mistake where some of the pedestrians do not have voices when they should ?

like the security guard in gta san andreas 

You can fix that in your own. Is just a typo in peds.ide.

Silent

That said, SP fixes some typos (DFT-30 wheel, Sweeper brushes) from code already - so maybe I can fix that one too.

Reameb

@Silent sorry for the ping, but there's a feature where certain characters (homies, mission characters, etc) react to cj when he runs over someone. This seems to only work on a quad bike, would be nice to have it on all vehicles.

firedihm

He already said that he may look it up :) This was posted (the first part) a while ago

Silent

As seen in the second post, already in todo.

Irsis

@SilentDo you plan to fix cop raising hands when get aimed inside pizza/cluckinbell/burgershot place too?

Edited by Irsis

glenster

Cool! I'm getting the latest update. But I have the latest Steam San Andreas. 

Edited by glenster

GroveStGTAV
17 hours ago, Silent said:

As seen in the second post, already in todo.

so new update is coming?

gts.
3 hours ago, GroveStGTAV said:

so new update is coming?

Can you read the to-do list again but carefully? To understand that all of those items can or can't appear be in the next build. Is even written in the post.

Silent

There's been no SP news for a while, so I may as well give a heads up on some official 'patching going on:

Cross Racing Championship Extreme is now out on Steam!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/925550/Cross_Racing_Championship_Extreme/

By buying the game you will not support me (or ImageCode) financially, but the better the game sells, Invictus may figure letting us handle retouching the game for Steam release was a good idea and perhaps re-evaluate their stance if more projects are to appear in the future.

Other than this, there is also Street Legal Racing Redline which I will also be gradually improving:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/497180/Street_Legal_Racing_Redline_v231/

In this case, contributions are not voluntary - so if my fixes make a positive impact on sales, it's even better 😃

As for regular SilentPatches - quiet time, as evidenced - but it's not going anywhere!

tknzero

how do you change the fps with frame limiter from 30 fps to 60 fps (with this mod)

Edited by tknzero

LaDiDa
2 hours ago, tknzero said:

how do you change the fps with frame limiter from 30 fps to 60 fps (with this mod)

You don't, trust me when I say you don't even want to "experience" this game on 60 fps.

Silent

Passenger dialogues now should work as one would expect them to :) Previously they only played if vehicle was damaged enough when running over/colliding with somebody (which is why only Quad played them), with SP those lines instead play when a ped is ran over:

https://cookieplmonster.github.io/2018/09/23/ped-dialogues-silentpatch/

Edited by Silent

The Eddo
3 hours ago, Silent said:

Passenger dialogues now should work as one would expect them to :) Previously they only played if vehicle was damaged enough when running over/colliding with somebody (which is why only Quad played them), with SP those lines instead play when a ped is ran over:

https://cookieplmonster.github.io/2018/09/23/ped-dialogues-silentpatch/

(video)

Ooh, nice! Also, I've noticed that there's a bug in III, VC, LCS and possibly VCS where the crater of explosions don't appear on the ground. But it was fixed in III by Fire_Head here.

And one more thing, there's a bug in VC where the sun shrinks and grows at certain times of day and in certain types of weather if gta3.img contains only the radar textures, weapons, vehicles, cutscene objects, characters and animations. I was playing around in an LCS map mod I installed into VC, which uses twelve separate IMG archives for storage and then I came across this bug.

P.S: Fire shadows when?

Edited by The Eddo

firedihm

What does damaged enough mean? And how is this correlated with quadbikes? Do quadbikes use different damage values or what?

Sorry, nevermind. I understand it now that I visited your blog

Edited by firedihm

Reameb

Wow, amazing work! thats some noticeable stuff in gameplay! normally theyre silent

Rikapiga

Those two vehicles (Go Kart and Quad) inside the Madd Dogg Mansion gaming area were originally intended to spawn there but R* screwed everything?

Silent

For the next person to ask - no, I can NOT prepare you a special SilentPatch version with one or two fixes removed because "you don't like them". I spend more than enough time making sure than no change is unwarranted, and if you still think broken is better...

The latest revelation is that bottom one is actually better than top one, just because the fix says "now it is like on PS2", even though stock PC behaviour is undoubtedly a bug.

DoLzyi7W0AA71Kx.jpg

Edited by Silent

Chaos125

On Gta SA Police Sirens and other light sources don't reflect on The Road,Cars (Not Wheels),Helicopters and planes but the rotors/blades reflect fine

LaDiDa

Bottom obviously looks worst to me though, bleh those rear lights are ugly that way!

Compeast

I have a question. San Andreas trailers have taillights that are supposed to be working, seeing the .dff file in ZModeler. However they never break or light up. Probably because there isn't a ''driver'' in the trailer, so no reason to cope with the truck's interaction. Would it be possible to fix that they do function whilst connected to a truck/towing vehicle?