3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

30 FPS is really a fine enough framerate ;)

For consoles yes it is, but when you are using a keyboard and mouse, things just feels way too slow for some reason.

• Like 2

jYzLR2j.png

Hey Silent, is it possible to port your More Hostile Gangs to ASI and put inside SilentPatch? It's a great feature, but I generally hate using CLEO. :) (Unstable with TTDISA)

Edit: I buckled down and edited the memory addresses myself by making my own ASI, thanks to Silent's source code:

ihm7QMt.png

:lol:

Edited by Snowshoe
  • Like 3

It's 25 FPS, unless you're using StreamIniExtender with framedelay 0 option or whatever.

These FPS do make a HUGE difference, such as the sirens, Driving School (Alley Oop), completion time of Flying School tests (parachute) and much more. Try doing the parachute test with and without Frame Limiter, it'll be quite different.

I like to play with 25 FPS, I've got used to it. I don't like to change it.

Edited by MrMateczko

It's 25 FPS, unless you're using StreamIniExtender with framedelay 0 option or whatever.

These FPS do make a HUGE difference, such as the sirens, Driving School (Alley Oop), completion time of Flying School tests (parachute) and much more. Try doing the parachute test with and without Frame Limiter, it'll be quite different.

I like to play with 25 FPS, I've got used to it. I don't like to change it.

Exactly.Add only 1 extra frame and many things would change,one of them being the driving physics and the ones you mentioned

Change the anti aliasing and you will get black mirrors,map menu line bug,sniper crosshair line bug

Always play a game on its default settings...

Edited by Lone Rider

Changing FPS in GTA SA looks strange, and it works almost like ONSPEED cheat, in this case game need changes of delays in certain things. Curious is why hud time works correctly, not faster.

Edited by HackMan128

Hey Silent, is it possible to port your More Hostile Gangs to ASI and put inside SilentPatch? It's a great feature, but I generally hate using CLEO. :) (Unstable with TTDISA)

Edit: I buckled down and edited the memory addresses myself by making my own ASI, thanks to Silent's source code:

Nice! Though I'm not planning to include it in the patch.

It's 30FPS with the patch :p It WAS supposed to be 30FPS but thanks to some sh*tty PC workaround, game locks at 25FPS. I fixed it already.

So the patch will work with Frame Limiter turned off right? I 100%ed the game with 60fps.

Edited by Blackbird88

Of course Frame Limiter Off works as it does before, just in the original states, there was a 14ms Frame Delay, which caused the total FPS to be 25fps, this was reduced to 10ms Frame delay in the Steam EXE causing the total FPS to be 26fps there, which is odd. With the patch, Frame Limiter ON now gets rid of the frame delay and handles it properly so it locks at 30fps as it's supposed to, just like on VCS PCE.

Edited by Silent
  • Like 3

And with frame limiter OFF it won't lock at around 75FPS anymore too. I'm getting 110-140FPS now.

• Like 2

A lot of physics, etc, still get screwed up when the frames per second is too high though, I assume?

Also, I could have sworn I've seen a plugin that lets you choose the FPS cap in the advanced display options. Instead of ON/OFF, it would be 30 fps, 60 fps, etc.

Edited by Snowshoe

Anyone can confirm this "black square" on mirrors? Mostly happens on barber shops, but It seems to be random.

XY3ioIG.jpg

Also, I could have sworn I've seen a plugin that lets you choose the FPS cap in the advanced display options. Instead of ON/OFF, it would be 30 fps, 60 fps, etc.

http://hotmist.ddo.jp/plugin/exdisp/index.html

dem scary Japanese sites.

Anyone can confirm this "black square" on mirrors? Mostly happens on barber shops, but It seems to be random.

XY3ioIG.jpg

Just checked out and yes, I got it too.

I though that multisampling fix by DK would fix this but unfortunatelly.

http://hotmist.ddo.jp/plugin/exdisp/index.html

dem scary Japanese sites.

Weird, I already have that, and I don't see any additional options in SA's menu.

LZMWixS.pngiWm2d2t.png

EDIT: No black square in the mirror over here. You probably need to turn off anti-aliasing in your SA options. (I just force it with my video card instead, to avoid the bugs)

4RiPbKe.png

Edited by Snowshoe

A lot of physics, etc, still get screwed up when the frames per second is too high though, I assume?

Physics still get screwed up when the FPS is too high.

And you might've gotten that plugin mixed up with VCS PC Edition, because that's the only thing I've seen that's similar.

gta-vcs%202014-06-11%2016-03-40-01.png

EDIT: No black square in the mirror over here. You probably need to turn off anti-aliasing in your SA options. (I just force it with my video card instead, to avoid the bugs)

I was already doing that, no luck.

What fixes are you using, guys? Can you explain more about the bugs when the FPS is too high?

On a standard gane, it runs slow and choppy. It's like a huge microstuttering. It definitely doesn't feel good. The hardware I have, GTA SA seems doesn't like it.

So to fix it, I use StreamIniExtender to lock the FPS at 35.

These are the settings I use:

framedelay 5
framelimit 35

The game runs very nice and smooth.

Edited by SilverRST

It was supposed to be a workarond which fixed a III/VC bug with infinite fadeouts/glitchy menu with insane FPS (III/VC SilentPatch fixed them) by not allowing the frame to process in a time shorter than 14 milliseconds, but instead of addressing the issue properly, we got 25FPS instead of 30FPS :p

Maybe the "microstuttering" you see is caused by this. I couldn't stand SAish 25FPS since VCSPC is locking at 30FPS properly.

Silent, you are going add the car reflections/shine of ps2? The cars look better (for me) not the plastic/mate color.

I read time ago, the reflection image is still in the PC files. Good luck.

PS2:

2znstus.jpg

PC:

11c8h8m.jpg

SA:MP has fixed most of the issues related to framerate, we just need to figure out how they did it.

jYzLR2j.png

It's not a case of if SA:MP does it and we need to work it out, this is strictly a patch to fix the games engine and screw up Rockstar did, as far as things our on this side, Frame Limiter has been fixed now, so even by default people will get a smoother experience, the mods to enable framerate selections or high framerate support will still be available for people to use, same goes for widescreen patches, etc, here we're just allowing the game to use any resolution, so you can combine it with any plug in you wish to use. Main focus is, and always will be, broken and messed up code left behind by Rockstar to try and get, at base, the PC version back to as it should have been performing if the job was done properly.

• Like 1

Silent, you are going add the car reflections/shine of ps2? The cars look better (for me) not the plastic/mate color.

Just get Dexx's plugins?

Just get Dexx's plugins?

They are buggy and not developed anymore as far as I'm aware. But yeah, PS2 graphics isn't really the point of SilentPatch. It would be nice if someone could remake them, though.

But yeah, PS2 graphics isn't really the point of SilentPatch. It would be nice if someone could remake them, though.

Neither flac support for user track player. It's not a bug but it's nice to have.

If PS2 effects can be restored, I'do say go for it, because a lot of people want it. If it can't, well, patience. Of if it can be restored and silent simply don't want to ship them in the patch, well... even more patience.

PS2:

(Image)

PC:

(Image)

There's a specular vehicle lightning for the pc aka white sheen instead of the reflection.If you add them both,it will look funky (At least for me).

But if your eager to get the reflection,here's what to do.

First download it: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=17540

Then,download deji's stream ini extender: http://gtaforums.com/topic/463745-cleo-34stream-ini-extender/

Disable the ''Specular Vehicle Lighting'' witch is the white sheen itself (Read Read Me to know how) and voila,you have exactly the ps2 cars.

PS2:

PC:

I must be only one who prefers the PC version.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me if a fix for this has been found? The textures look really bizarre when you move the camera (it's a fence btw :lol:).

KWJuMKg.png