• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silent

• Inadequate

• SilverRST

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These games are surely great, nonetheless they have some issues. This modification attempts to fix some of them. Featured fixes: GTA SA: (last update: 22.02.2020)  DOWNLOAD SilentPatchSA GT

In the wake of recent events here and on Discord, I would like to make a somewhat official announcement, since I start feeling like what is happening starts taking a toll on my well being:  

🎂 Happy Birthday SilentPatch! On December 29th 2013, the very first SilentPatch builds were released! 🎂   For this occasion, new builds have been released for GTA III, Vice City and San Andr

I don't want to argue but Dexx himself posted this a while ago and I somehow remembered it:
"Differences between timecyc.dat and timecycp.dat on the PS2:
timecycp.dat has amb_obj for 10pm set to 163 163 163
timecyc.dat has amb_obj for 10pm set to 143 143 143
On the pc, the file "timecycp.dat" is identical to the ps2 file "timecyc.dat"
However, the PC file "timecyc.dat", which is actually used by the game, has a number of noticable differences. Differences observed so far:
-At the end of each line in the "timecycp.dat" file, there is an extra value that is always "1.0". This controls the intensity of the sunlight. This value is not present on the PC "timecyc.dat", and as a result many objects ingame are incorrectly lit.
-for "RAINY_COUNTRYSIDE" at 8pm, the Amb color is incomplete, the green and blue channels are simply not listed. The entry reads "255". In every other timecyc file, this entry reads "22 22 22".
-The "Alpha1" and "Alpha2" entries are 255 on the PC, on the PS2 these are set to 127, resulting in a visual difference in the blur/brightness between versions.
There may actually be more, but this is all i have observed so far. The lack of a value for the sunlight is by far the biggest difference."
It may be wrong and I might be wrong though.
I'm just waiting for Silent's patch for SA :)
Edited by ric4rd094

Kays, so another thing I'm going to include is an attempt to fix an alpha bug on vegetation:

With an INI switch it'll be possible to enable two-pass rendering on objects with alpha (such as vegetation). Here's a comparision:

Without SilentPatch:

RI9VcARl.jpg

One-pass rendering (SilentPatch default):

ciZSJtrl.jpg

Two-pass rendering:

LzDsQn8l.jpg

Two-pass rendering improves the way vegetation looks and actually solves most of alpha-related bugs, but might cause some other weird bugs AND decrease performance. So the choice will be up to the user.

Edited by Silent
  • Like 4

I guess I was wrong. Although, I'm not sure but the alpha settings are only for clouds, it could even be the water, and the 1.0 at the end of every line is the illumination feature.

EDIT: Those are my screenshots above. ^-^

Edited by TJGM

TJGM, that's what I explained. And increasing the number of illuminations increases the ambient lighting.

2.0 is the max so far as I tested it out. 3.0 will not increase it more.

@Silent

That looks awesome. How will it look on standard SA vegetations? I am not a fan of custom vegetations.

Edited by SilverRST

That looks awesome. How will it look on standard SA vegetations? I am not a fan of custom vegetations.

Alpha bug is pretty much gone with two pass rendering and the alpha textures blend with the sky correctly. Although as Silent said, it does come at a pretty big FPS drop if you're not on a decent PC, and it also has its bugs like effects showing through alpha textures.

EDIT: And yes, the window disappearing bug is still there.

Edited by TJGM

About FPS... Frame limiter on (30 fps), with frame delay 0 (via stream ini extender, will be in the patch too), plus setting vsync to half refresh rate (60 Hz/30 Hz, but might be placebo) I think it runs pretty smooth and without weird physics issues.

By the way silent, can you show this two pass rendering comparison with default vegetation? I can't really see much difference on those images.

Edited by KawakSallas

Alpha bug is pretty much gone with two pass rendering and the alpha textures blend with the sky correctly. Although as Silent said, it does come at a pretty big FPS drop if you're not on a decent PC, and it also has its bugs like effects showing through alpha textures.

The window disappearing only seems to happen when you are in LS, or facing to LS, LS West to be precisely.

Just tested it. In any other direction than LS West, windows do not disappear.

Very odd sh*t.

Edited by SilverRST

The window disappearing only seems to happen when you are in LS, or facing to LS, LS South.

Very odd sh*t.

It's still the alpha bug and it still happens when there is too many alpha textures being rendered at once, two pass rendering only covers the bug up on static objects like trees, vehicles will still suffer from the issue when there are too many alpha textures being rendered. It doesn't only happen on a specific side on a map for no reason, its because there are more alphas in that area.

EDIT: Your edited reply doesn't make a difference, I just mentioned why it happens.

Edited by TJGM

Stock vegetation:

Onepass:

gWprhvjl.jpg

Twopass:

Kn0tdWJl.jpg

Edited by Silent

Just asking, will the cars always dirty bug and the parachute animation get fixed?

Already fixed..

2dtqjrs.png

14v7sn.png

edit: Two Pass before anyone asks.

Edited by Ash_735

but might cause some other weird bugs

Such as?

Such as?

You see through stuff you're not supposed to see through.

That's strage then, because there are some very minor differences between PC and PS2 timecyc and not only illumination:

This is screenshot from my GTA SA:

As you can see car is lit with green light from traffic lights with proper illumination set like PS2 one:

gXyn4kn.jpg

Nope. I use a PS2 timecyc that has the illumination values in it. Not a timecyc problem. Seems to be a problem with how vehicles interact with lights. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't react to nearby lights, or just flickers.

Also, it looks like you are using SAGFX PS2, and the light works properly on that. Try on vanilla GTA SA.

Edited by Snowshoe

Fixed strafing... hopefully. Might still be glitchy at high FPS.

SA-MP fixed strafing but ONLY up to 105-110 FPS. Any higher and you get strafing bugs. (some guy released an ASI for sa-mp that unlocks fps limit in sa-mp and fixes strafe, so you are able to strafe even with crazy high fps (600-800))

PS: the asi I'm talking about is using code taken from other mods (ini stream extender for example, some code from MTA), the ASI is open source and you can find it on https://github.com/Whitetigerswt/gtasa_crashfix/releases

PS2: Other high fps issues the game has:

• When your fps is high, 100 fps or more, you sometimes die when attempting to climb something (ASI I linked fixes this)
  • When you're playing at 150fps/200fps or more, the driving physics get buggy, you get some sort of auto brake effect (drive a car, stop accelerating but don't press the brake button, your car will stop as if you just used your brakes)
  • Slow swimming!!
Edited by Jony.

Planes randomly crashing aren't suicidal behavior though. That's supposed to happen. As for peds jumping towards your car, just don't drive too close to their path.

actually peds are supposed to jimp away from you... its a programming bug in the AI routine.. VC has the same feature but it actually works if memory serves correct

And somewhere rockstar stated that planes crashing is a bug that they thought was cool so they kept it...

*The more you know*

Edited by Ss4gogeta0

• When your fps is high, 100 fps or more, you sometimes die when attempting to climb something (ASI I linked fixes this)
  • When you're playing at 150fps/200fps or more, the driving physics get buggy, you get some sort of auto brake effect (drive a car, stop accelerating but don't press the brake button, your car will stop as if you just used your brakes)
  • Slow swimming!!

...Do you have a 120Hz or 144Hz Monitor?

No they don't. The timecyc from PS2 is identical to PC version. Why the graphics of the timecyc from PS2 looks so different is because the rendering in the PS2 GPU.

When ported to PC, this rendering "bug" got fixed.

Lol dude,stop spreading wrong sh*t. There's no issue with the PS2 graphics,why do you keep saying that?

It's just a post-processing effect,similar to the one in the mobile version of San Andreas.

Since when amazing colors and lighting are any sort of bug? pff.

Don't even bother reading this, it's useless

Don't know if it's a bug or whatever, but AI is messed up during the riot session of the game. Yes, I know , it's a riot, people will just f*ck around without remorse, but not ALL people. Los Desperados for example, it's a pain to recruit gang members, they'se supposed to be your friends, not run from you and shoot at you.

• Slow swimming!!

...Do you have a 120Hz or 144Hz Monitor?

Not right now, but I have used a 120Hz monitor on SA-MP before and yes if you are using a 120Hz or a 144Hz monitor it is possible to play SA-MP (along with that ASI plugin) with full smoothness. It would be nice to be able to enjoy GTA SA singleplayer with such smoothness aswell.

Silent if you ever decide you are gonna do map fixes these are the ones i mentioned earlier:

gG82EgR.pngVdNZQlN.png

I've been following this thread as a guest for a few days, and hell, what a job you guys have done!

I decided to sign up just to mention a thing - Is possible to fix that bug when you're flying and then a tree popus up right in front of you from nowhere?

I've been following this thread as a guest for a few days, and hell, what a job you guys have done!

I decided to sign up just to mention a thing - Is possible to fix that bug when you're flying and then a tree popus up right in front of you from nowhere?

That's related to stream memory/draw distance, max out your draw distance or you could also use mods like IDE_DD_Tweaker alternatively Project 2DFX to increase draw distance and avoid that from happening.

Download this:binthesky_by_DK.cs - Thanks to _DK.

It should fix your problem.

EDIT: You need CLEO4.

Edited by StrafeBolt

The day night transition NVC is a bug of the game or is a addon Silent?

wat.jpg

• KEKW 1

And somewhere rockstar stated that planes crashing is a bug that they thought was cool so they kept it...

random nta fact on the bug: it's probably related to a 'sector number' for a collision check not being passed properly... the game has a grid of sectors in which objects get placed, every 100 meters or so; however IIRC R* forgot to convert the sector coordinate for one of the components -- normally it'd be ((Y / 100) * TotalWidth) + (X / 100), but they forgot the division and therefore the sector number became way out of range, this ends up in the collision test always* returning 'no collision', except possibly in some case where you're at the edge of the sector grid

The day <-> night transition NVC is a bug of the game or is a addon Silent?

I am not sure what you have been smoking but you mind sharing it?

*sniffffffffffffffff* dat PC is made of bug because nvc transition optimisation, decision made this R* for fast PCs.

Woke up after a few days.

R* did this because of PC optimisation.