3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

I'm pretty sure this happens in III, VC, SA PS2 too.

say what... :blink:

vanilla pc - (0 mods)

cpdmNmj.png

vanilla pc + silent asi loader + silent patch only

E2ftCYL.png

correct me if i'm wrong... did i just heard u that u're saying PS2 SA had this bug & u implemented it on pc.. :blink: i thought i heard u sound like those ps2 fanboys over there.. i mean c'mon man why on earth u wanna do something like that... :blink:

vanilla pc - (0 mods)

cpdmNmj.png

E2ftCYL.png

correct me if i'm wrong... did i just heard u that u're saying PS2 SA had this bug & u implemented it on pc.. :blink: i thought i heard u sound like those ps2 fanboys over there.. i mean c'mon man why on earth u wanna do something like that... :blink:

lolwhat. On vanilla PC only lens flare appears if you have some ancient GPU or some NVIDIA card as well. That's why doesn't happen the 'sun bug' and is not a bug, happens like on III, VC and SA PS2, like Silent said previously.

Lens flare and sun z-test are unrelated. Lens flare is of course a necessary fix. Sun z-test should probably be disabled as on PS2 and III and VC, but I guess I see why some people don't like it. Personally I think this fix should be put into SkyGFX instead, where I would make it an ini switch (moar ini switches!!).

• Like 3

It also happens in GTA 3 with the vehicle headlights. Not the actual glare texture, but it appears as smaller dots. Though I assume it is the same issue.

vanilla pc - (0 mods)

cpdmNmj.png

E2ftCYL.png

*looks at join date*

oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg

A lot of stuff from PS2 were abscent in PC version, you know.

i know... that's why i stopped reading the forums (which i was doing for the past five years) and got registered. so i can ask & get what i need.. call me a leecher if u want..

5LTzyaTl.png

It's just PC higher draw distance making it look like this. By removing this you'd also lose PS2-like sun and I'd receive more complaints about it being missing again than ever.

so it's not fixable...?

edit:

let me quote my original post...

Hi Silent..

In SA if it's not possible to fix the "sun visible through CJ" bug, can u make an ini toggle to turn off the code/feature that triggers this bug in the first place..

quote edit: everyone except me says it's not a bug.. :miranda: ok then my bad.. :facedesk:

atleast is the above possible....

Edited by kumaraguru

Well it's obviously a bug / limitation but what they are saying (i think) is that it is also present in the other versions and not easily fixable.

Like i said, it happens with car lights in 3 (and therefore no doubt the other games) too.

It's probably due to engine optimisation. Not sure why they aren't z-buffered / tested though when everything else is fine.

A sneak peak of the tool:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46581994/largeaddress.zip

Drag 'n drop a GTA exe on this executable and then follow the piss easy instructions. Requires Elevated access. Now you can overmod your games even more :pp

I'll include it as a separate download in SilentPatch.

Silent, is this included in the latest Patch version? Or do I still need to separately install this?

I understand.. but without silent patch it's ok for me.. that's why I'm asking is it possible to make it look like the same with silent patch...

Alright it seems The Hero gets what I'm thinking.. hope he'll fix it..

Silent, is this included in the latest Patch version? Or do I still need to separately install this?

This is not, and will never be included. It must be patched on gta_sa.exe directly - either by using this tool or any other tool for this you can find online.

kumaragaru: It seems you are not using the PS2 seabed too. Also you are using the Mobile version atmosphere (or it seems to be) which makes the sun look even worse.

• Like 2

This is not, and will never be included. It must be patched on gta_sa.exe directly - either by using this tool or any other tool for this you can find online.

Ok. What is the primary use for it? I want to be able to freely play the game with heavy modifications without limits, would your patch be enough or would I better install this tool too?

kumaragaru: It seems you are not using the PS2 seabed too. Also you are using the Mobile version atmosphere (or it seems to be) which makes the sun look even worse.

yes i'm not using ps2 seabed. why would i...? i'm not using the mobile version atmosphere. im using this if that's what u called atmosphere... which u remarked "This looks pure ecstasy, seriously... :blink: " & "looks amazing seriously."

Edited by kumaraguru

Silent, you sh*t, fix it noaw! Cant U do it? Noaw!

• Like 3

HHnErXC.png

yes i'm not using ps2 seabed. why would i...? i'm not using the mobile version atmosphere. im using this if that's what u called atmosphere... which u remarked "This looks pure ecstasy, seriously... :blink: " & "looks amazing seriously."

...So you're not using the correct additional files to make it look right, and instead of grabbing it, you're here bitching about it, huh.

PS2 seabed is the same as pc but ps2 has additional timecyc stuff which BOTH SkyGFX and SilentPatch use.

It's just PC higher draw distance making it look like this. By removing this you'd also lose PS2-like sun and I'd receive more complaints about it being missing again than ever.

silent said draw distance right.. ok i made some checks..

pc seabed + p2dfx + max draw dist + this timecyc

SunSizeHack=0

O8kvsdN.png

SunSizeHack=1

icabSk7.png

pc seabed + pc default draw dist + this timecyc

look at stadium

J7S8Zkf.png

ps2 seabed + max draw dist + this timecyc

RQBeOHZ.png

ps2 seabed + pc default draw dist + this timecyc

again look at stadium

FCa1sm0.png

more..

p6xdgwm.png

LGQFML8.png

every combinations i've tried, the sun is always penetrating through.. i was never a fan of the ps2 SA or sun anyway. but if this is how sa looks in ps2, then no offense guys, it just make me want to puke when this happen...

KiRuuXB.png

oh that poor sunny a** h***

...So you're not using the correct additional files to make it look right, and instead of grabbing it, you're here bitching about it, huh.

PS2 seabed is the same as pc but ps2 has additional timecyc stuff which BOTH SkyGFX and SilentPatch use.

so you're saying that if we want to use silent patch then we also have to use skygfx, ps2 seabed, ps2 sun, timecyc.. etc..etc..?

when did this happen...? :panic:

• Like 2

i was never a fan of the ps2 SA or sun anyway. but if this is how sa looks in ps2, then no offense guys, it just make me want to puke when this happen...

So you're so sensitive? Sun clipping through objects was always there, Rockstar even showed it in one of trailers AFAIR, but only you're complaining...

So you're so sensitive? Sun clipping through objects was always there, Rockstar even showed it in one of trailers AFAIR, but only you're complaining...

then why it's not visible here..

vanilla pc - (0 mods)

cpdmNmj.png

E2ftCYL.png

ingame

vanilla pc - (0 mods)

YtY9j7F.png

J3s4eNb.png

all im asking is can this be made look like vanilla with silent patch... can anyone even understand what i'm bitching about...

Edited by kumaraguru

say what.. :blink:

then what r these... pizzas.. :blink:

vanilla pc - (0 mods)
YRx3cJK.png

yes the sun is barely visible here... but that doesn't mean there isn't a sun.. tilt ur laptop screen to see it

ingame

vanilla pc - (0 mods)

s4HshvR.png

Edited by kumaraguru

It isn't there on pc cause the additional glare effects are broken in that version. So yeah, it doesn't show through bodies, but it also doesn't glare out giving it, you know, the effect of the sun viewed from a camera.

What you're pointing out is the static corona used as a base for the sun.

• Like 1

fine back to square one...

my original post..

Hi Silent..

In SA if it's not possible to fix the "sun visible through CJ" bug, can u make an ini toggle to turn off the code/feature that triggers this bug in the first place..

all i asked is an option to make it look like vanilla... everyone's saying vanilla is broken :facedesk: fine.. i guess i'll pass..

thanks everyone for your replies/comments..

For f*cks sake, reading this last page gave me cancer. Making the sun visibile through objects is a *FIX* of the original behaviour, this is intended. Asking Silent to fix it means asking him to *remove* this fix. Of course it looks wrong sometimes but overall it makes the sun more glaring, which many people agree looks better. This is what's done in PS2 SA and has been what III and VC do on every platform (afaik). As I've said, I support the idea of making it a switch in the ini for the people who don't like it. Because no matter what you implement there will *always* be people who don't like it....and since SilentPatch isn't open source people can't compile their own version either.

Remastering SilentPatch code only causes my ASI to be smaller... I cut around 35KB from SilentPatchSA.asi by now! HELP, what am I doing wrong!?