4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

I bet that took 156987 lines of code

1 line of patching (!!!) + 20 lines of my custom function code because I wanted the fix to be clean and non-invasive. Quality > quantity ;)

Edited by Silent

So you nop'd original code? *or at least part of it* And wrote your own? Amazing.

(I barely know anything about Assembly/Reverse Engineering/Programming, so I might be typing crap)

Edited by BlackScout

It's a replacement of RtAnimInterpolatorSetCurrentAnim which doesn't write the two pointers i mentioned. The original RtAnimInterpolatorSetCurrentAnim must be preserved for UV anims.

Edited by The Hero

I bet that took 156987 lines of code

1 line of patching (!!!) + 20 lines of my custom function code because I wanted the fix to be clean and non-invasive. Quality > quantity ;)

I wanted to make a free decision, but when it takes a few lines of code, it must be very easy to fix, so no free decision towards you or aap.

HirLWl5.gif

Think you have no decision choice anyway.

QqwFv8h.png

Edited by Silent

Silent's SilentPatch by Silent provided by Silent powered by Silent's and Silent magic power.

Edit: Also does SilentBlock™ blocks resolution and screen selection window on multi monitor PC's (especially on those 4K Windows 10 PC with highest quality uncompressed pixels)

Edited by Tomasak
  • Like 2

HirLWl5.gif

so when is the new build gonna be out just some curiosity

Edited by santotaku

This is one big step towards the open-source, totally bug-free, perfect Grand Theft Auto.

I don't really get it. Is that somewhat related to combining all classic GTA maps in one or what ? And is it already in development ?

No, that's just a hypothetical idea of creating a GTA engine that would be capable of handling all original GTA materials (textures, models, collisions, scripts and data files) and look exactly the same.

• Like 3

The first free decision was made! I be like

8b05f8798ec4f75c2110e4396c4d211e.jpg

No, that's just a hypothetical idea of creating a GTA engine that would be capable of handling all original GTA materials (textures, models, collisions, scripts and data files) and look exactly the same.

OpenRW is already a thing. It's far from finished tho.

... Exhaustive analysis of the issue...

Great catch aap, well explained. Looks like the bug is more severe than expected, hard to spot but frustratingly easy to fix. The long study of RenderWare's engine pays greatly! :^:

012          345
678   9A   BCD
EFG HIJK LMN

OPQR  STUV
WX    YZ

Hah, I stumbled upon this issue for the first time just today. Nice work! ;)

Edited by Veroder

Seriously though, you guys should both receive a forum award for finally solving the mistery behind this bug, just so we can all remember this historical moment :p

EDIT: Something like "Major Bug Fix Award [Mods]"

Edited by Reyks
  • Like 2

jYzLR2j.png

Wow... I've personally never had this problem, and am just now hearing about it, but it's great that it's finally fixed after 10 years!

Congratulations for fixing this bug!

Edited by fastman92

I guess it makes sense to delay them instead of delaying the relase since this fix could be considered a milestone...

Not just a milestone easily the biggest milestone in SA modding history since 2005. :lol:

alternately, you could resist, stick to R* vision, and keep with the goal of 'potentially fitting in 32 MB of memory'.
  • Like 1

SsZgxdL.png

Inactive in GTA/R* title modification indefinitely pursuant to a court order obtained by TTWO. Good job acting against modding!

The biggest milestone has been reached after 11 years of being tortured by the half peds and streaming memory bug.

The streaming memory bug being fuxed means we can have a sh*tload of objects in the distance?

Like increasing the distance with project2dfx?

Edited by SilverRST

Great catch aap, well explained. Looks like the bug is more severe than expected, hard to spot but frustratingly easy to fix. The long study of RenderWare's engine pays greatly! :^:

I'm amazed your like was not a hate, as you (@Wesser) state you give out a lot on your profile. I guess not everyone can resist all day, can they?

SsZgxdL.png

Inactive in GTA/R* title modification indefinitely pursuant to a court order obtained by TTWO. Good job acting against modding!

I'm amazed your like was not a hate, as you (@Wesser) state you give out a lot on your profile. I guess not everyone can resist all day, can they?

Also he doesn't includes Silent, which is part of the work too. :O

Edited by Inadequate

still waiting for him to mention me... maybe I should stalk him on the internet. probably join the Inter schifo club or Juventus Club he belongs to :whistle:

GTA Underground is a mod, I thought everyone knew that? The only officially released 3D era spinoff is GTA Rio de Janeiro, PS2 exclusive.

cr5qeTz.jpg

if only they waited a few more years, they could have gotten a proper Rio map. ;)

Silent fixes so much things

Silent fix GTA United PLOX! Edited by Ss4gogeta0

Silent..you are freaking genius. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is simply amazing. I never could enjoy my all time favorite games III, VC and SA in full on Playstation because of joystiq - simply I found autoaim boring as hell and in the other hand I always thought graphics of these 3 are waaay more appealing on PS than PC, but PC was always my thing because of the freedom mouse and keyboard are providing.

With these mods I can finally fully immerse myself into my all time favorites. Thank you man!

• Like 1

Woop, update! SA and VC got new builds, no love for III this time.

"Streaming memory bug" fix is a result of a great cooperation between @The Hero and me and cheat melee weapons were suggested and found by @iFarbod.

New fixes in SilentPatchSA:

• Fixed an issue introducing graphical artifacts from ped animations with high RAM usage - so called "streaming memory bug"
  • Fixed a bug causing cheat-spawned melee weapons to be forcibly replaced by other melee weapons upon walking into a pickup

SilentPatchSA got some internal changes too:

• SunSizeHack INI option allowing to toggle sun hacks - while they were OK with a stock game, using them with PS2 seabed.ipl is a bad idea
  • Windows XP launch crash fixed

SilentPatchVC new fixes:

• Fixed a bug causing cheat-spawned melee weapons to be forcibly replaced by other melee weapons upon walking into a pickup

Enjoy!

Edited by Silent

I can assure you, it's not how it was meant to be played. This post is brought to you by http://rockstarvision.com/

Cookie you forgot the ambulance and firefighters thing fixed on SA build, I suppose will be included on the r28, right?

Speaking of III love...

Although this is quite a feature and even is a speedrun strat, this is obviously a severe bug. If replay is activated while player is in active animation state (sprint jump landing, punch, gun aiming) together with jump keypress, blend animation value is assigned to 127 when replay is over. This results in a drastic increase of player's speed :D

• Like 6