3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

I have discovered more bugs. That's annoying.

Frame limiter soloves them though.

1. Vehicles slows down their selves when releasing W (gas) You hear a skid sound.

2. Cars swings left right left right really much.

3. Sirens won't work.

I tried with turn on frame limiter and it worked again.

Idk if some are aware of it maybe some.

Said just in case.

You need frame limiter enabled for avoid annoying bugs like those ones you mention, if not the game goes crazy.
Yeah, but it's not playable then in my opinion. It runs like syrup. Even if my computer are over the requirements.

Then use FPS Limit Adjuster and set the FPS to 60.

http://www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-san-andreas/tools/3060

Edited by Blackalien

1. Vehicles slows down their selves when releasing W (gas) You hear a skid sound.

3. Sirens won't work.

Said just in case.

You need frame limiter enabled for avoid annoying bugs like those ones you mention, if not the game goes crazy.
Yeah, but it's not playable then in my opinion. It runs like syrup. Even if my computer are over the requirements.

So, you have an OC'ed Pentium III or Pentium4 Extreme and 6800GTX and 1024MB RAM?

3. Sirens won't work.

Said just in case.

Well then you're out of luck. Those bugs won't be fixed anytime soon.

SilverRST @ Nope, it's way over the requirements.

I think someone said it has to with the frame limiter is bugged if I remember correct.

Blackalien @ Thanks! I'll try that.

TJGM @ Okay I see!

SilverRST @ Nope, it's way over the requirements.

I think someone said it has to with the frame limiter is bugged if I remember correct.

Blackalien @ Thanks! I'll try that.

TJGM @ Okay I see!

If you have the manua/book of GTA San Andreas, it's explained in there that's advised to keep the frame limiter on.

If not, you may face some not so good experiences if I remember that correctly. I have the book stored in my desk.

Then force 30 fps limit with something else?

And again, for the love of god: check those damn frame times.

And is this only a nvidia problem then?

I'm gonna plug this again as I've had this issue with SilentPatch as well. The game definitely runs less smooth and it even feels like the controls have a slight delay to them.

I measured frame times as a test, although I don't really know how to read the graphs. For comparison, I tested two of my game installs.

1. SkyGFX + SilentPatch

960a9e2691c279e701a065a3972c167e.png

vs.

2. Colormod + ENB (no SilentPatch)

717dc66bc12c8d4b09943b5624872c52.png

Hope it could give some clarification as to why SilentPatch could cause this behaviour.

1. SkyGFX + SilentPatch

vs.

2. Colormod + ENB (no SilentPatch)

Yeah you compared two mods each but it's obviously SilentPatch's fault. Makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

I compared two game installations, one which or should be much less resourceful and stressing my hardware and one which is much heavier and demanding. The heavier game install runs smoother, or at least that's how it feels.

The first game installation has two main mods, which is SkyGFX and SilentPatch. Since people in this topic have pointed out that their game feels less responsive, it would be more than a fair assumption to say it could definitely be SilentPatch.

The lag itself isn't the biggest problem. It's the atrocious ghosting when camera is turned around. In fullscreen 1080p you can see how the objects bleed.

Edited by Blackbird88

So.. Blackbird has a GTX 980 and TJGM has 750ti.

I have a 5770 and I see nuthing.

Anybody with more anecdotes?

And I have GTX780.

And I have GTX780.

I have GTX 760

And I have GTX780.

I have GTX 760

I'll soon upgrade to GTX1080 to run GTA SA smoothly because even on my GTX780 SA feels laggy and it runs like syrup.

56056489.jpg

• Like 4

I don't know what this has to do with SilentPatch?

Hey guys, having a problem with skygfx, after installing it (according to readme copied all files to game folder) im having this error on start http://imgur.com/IZrJffR .

Help please)

1) It clearly has nothing to do with SP, it's related to SkyGFX, go complain there, please.

2) To save your time, I'll say that the error is caused by the fact that you didn't rename the "neo_iii" folder to just "neo", as stated in the goddamn ReadMe, балбес.

• Like 3

Hey guys, having a problem with skygfx, after installing it (according to readme copied all files to game folder) im having this error on start http://imgur.com/IZrJffR .

Help please)

1) It clearly has nothing to do with SP, it's related to SkyGFX, go complain there, please.

2) To save your time, I'll say that the error is caused by the fact that you didn't rename the "neo_iii" folder to just "neo", as stated in the goddamn ReadMe, балбес.

:facedesk:

And I have GTX780.

I have GTX 760

I'll soon upgrade to GTX1080 to run GTA SA smoothly because even on my GTX780 SA feels laggy and it runs like syrup.

And it won't serve nothing, given obviously it's not a hardware problem, but more about drivers!

56056489.jpg

I don't know what this has to do with SilentPatch?

The alleged lags everybody seems to have with frame limiter, and that I really never seen.

tests done on a 100% clean game

1 - frame limiter on

aPfh2I1.jpg

2 - silentpatch + frame limiter on

oFEJACs.jpg

3 - silentpatch + frame limiter OFF + nvidia half vsync + framerate limit set to 30 using RivaTuner Statistics Server

GDWPIbR.jpg

-stuff-

Yep this proves it, definitely a lot more consistent frame times on the last test.

Edited by Reyks

jYzLR2j.png

Then force 30 fps limit with something else?

And again, for the love of god: check those damn frame times.

And is this only a nvidia problem then?

I didn't know how to solove it. That's why I was asking for help.

I said eariler that I will try with a FPS Limit Adjuster.

Thanks for your help though.

I probaly missied that you talked about frame times to me.

I'll post them incase this FPS Limit Adjuster won't work.

No, I have MSI.

Edited by Davve95

Finally somebody listening, really thank you.

I can't understand the different y-axis scales though then. And to be honest, I really don't see all this difference, if I check numbers.

Perhaps you shouldn't have enabled both v-sync and frame limiting.

(...)

@Silent, please you reply for least can you implement the Black Road Fix I've mentioned in previous post (since it appears to be another graphical well-known bug in San Andreas)?

Also, I've found another bug in SA with keyboard controls - for some reason both Left and Right Shift keys refuses to work in game at all. If I assign any keyboard key EXCEPT the Left or Right Shift as custom key for specific action, and then I press that key, game will respond to it normally, including the Left and Right Control keys too. But you can check yourself by binding any of Shift keys (either Left or Right shift) to specific action, and when you @Silent go back and try to preform this action, the game is unresponsive when you press the Shift key you're had just binded and it will have no effect in gameplay at all (it simply won't work at all on my side - Hoodlum SA exe). But you can check this any other keys, including the Left / Right Control keys binded to anything will be fully working, but NOT the Left / Right Shift keys! Can you fix this bug?

About keybinding issue I've posted above (that got no reply), I've found something about it - every time I try to change keybinding assigned for something to Left Shift or Right Shift in SA's Hoodlum 1.0 exe, the game will assign it and displays just as Shift key (pretty weird!) instead as LShift or RShift keys I've just pressed! So this means these keys doesn't seems to work correctly in this game, as I never able to get them to work at all in my SA game. So, to ask - you can try, if you have Hoodlum 1.0 SA exe, to try to reproduce this? You might be able to produce this bug. Seriously, @Silent - anything binded to Right or left Shifts keys will not work at all in-game on my side! This including even LShift default assigned for jumping (but the other default key for it - Right Ctrl will work normally all time). Please least reply if you're got it or cannot reproduce this on your side for some reason...

Edited by 65536

Maybe our god and saviour Nick007J can look into the aggresive drivers problem on SA just like he did with the firefighters problem and so. They doesn't exist on PS2 instead on PC are annoying as f*ck. They don't go off of his car and want to fight with CJ, instead they only are crashing his vehicle against yours infinitely.

Maybe our god and saviour Nick007J can look into the aggresive drivers problem on SA just like he did with the firefighters problem and so. They doesn't exist on PS2 instead on PC are annoying as f*ck. They don't go off of his car and want to fight with CJ, instead they only are crashing his vehicle against yours infinitely.

-edit-

Which is annoying as f*ck. So I get out of myself and use a bazooka to stop that little sh*t crashing into your car infinitely.

It get worse. If he keeps crashing and you get out of your car, he still keeps crashing the vehicle! Like he's piss-mad at the vehicle instead of CJ.

Edited by SilverRST

Testing time!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46581994/SilentPatch/SilentPatchSA.asi

Add this

FrameDelta=33
below

ColouredZoneNames=0
and see if the game feels any better - current FPS lock tries to achieve perfect 10/3 ms which I think may cause those stutters. Thus I'm curious to know if setting frame delta to 33 or 34 (test both please) gives better locking frame rates?

EDIT:

Frame deltas 16 and 17 could use testing too.

About keybinding issue I've posted above (that got no reply), I've found something about it - every time I try to change keybinding assigned for something to Left Shift or Right Shift in SA's Hoodlum 1.0 exe, the game will assign it and displays just as Shift key (pretty weird!) instead as LShift or RShift keys I've just pressed! So this means these keys doesn't seems to work correctly in this game, as I never able to get them to work at all in my SA game. So, to ask - you can try, if you have Hoodlum 1.0 SA exe, to try to reproduce this? You might be able to produce this bug. Seriously, @Silent - anything binded to Right or left Shifts keys will not work at all in-game on my side! This including even LShift default assigned for jumping (but the other default key for it - Right Ctrl will work normally all time). Please least reply if you're got it or cannot reproduce this on your side for some reason...

Can't repro - pre-Vista Shift handling is pretty awkward though. However, I don't recall ever seeing issues with this, on any of the four OSes I played SA on.

Edited by Silent

@Silent, I'm using Windows 7 Pro x64, if this matters. Seems this issue most likely occurs only for small amount of players (since you can't get this on your side)...

Edited by 65536