3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

And again, all of you: did you had frame limiter enabled or not?

Otherwise it's a non-issue.

Off. I'm always having it off. It dosen't feels the game runs so smooth with it on.

Even if I'm having a computer who's over the requerments.

For those who wanna see the bug:

[*] RIP SO TALENTED R&B SINGER

What do you mean???

Hey, Silent...

I'm wonder if you can make these included in your SilentPatch:

1. Make FPS Limiter for all three games to also include option to cap FPS to 25, 30, 50 or 60 frames per second like you and @Ash had done in Vice City Stories PC Edition that was unfortunately abandoned about 1 year and half ago?
  2. Option for various filters in all three games, like black and White, sepia, negative, grunge, vintage, etc;
  3. I'm not sure if you can do this via your ASI SilentPatch for San Andreas, but can make the skycolor in GTA 3D Universe Los Santos in San Andreas and around it in the time-interval 20:00 - 00:00 to be properly dark. I don't know if you're has noticed, but currently about between 21:00 through around 23:55 the night sky in Los Santos is UNUSUAL BRIGHT (about 21:30 sky is stills pretty light orange, and in interval about 22:00 and 23:00 sky is somewhat in light-medium color between gray and blue. This strange thing was also present in GTA V where Los Santos from GTA HD Universe had suffered by same issue where around 21:00 - 23:55 the sky was also rendered with black clouds and a bright-gray sky! R* appears to has fixed this in GTA V because since about 1-2 patches ago the sky in Los Santos in my game is now properly dark with stars instead of being weird bright with dark clouds! On both games (GTA San Andreas' Los Santos and GTA V's Los Santos before the fixed timecycle from R*) the sky becomes properly dark only after about 23:55;
  4. Adding an option in your SilentPatch for all three 3D era games to play them in Windowed Mode and Borderless Mode. Many of later games like Saints Row IV, Saints Row Gat Out of Hell and GTA V from GTA HD Universe have that option available, but all GTA 3D Universe games totally lacks any kind of Windowed mode support and stills work only in fullscreen mode! I suggest this because Windowed Mode / Borderless modes will let the fans to play their GTA III / Vice City / San Andreas in Windowed mode at resolutions smaller than the monitor's native resolution without stretching the game's image like hell that could happen on fullscreen mode;
  5. Adding Aspect Ratio option for all three 3D era games to set screen at 4:3, 5:4, 16:9, 16:10 and 21:9. GTA IV, GTA EFLC and GTA V have this already in their graphic options;
  6. Can you include or implement somehow the Black Road Fix made by @DK2Pac in your SilentPatch for San Andreas? I mean this: http://gtaforums.com/topic/763402-sarelfinally-black-roads-fix/.
Edited by 65536
  • Like 2

1. requires delta time fix - silent doesn't want to do it
2. but why?
3. download skygfx
4. use ultimate asi loader and read readme. (i would like this tho)
5. download widescreen fix from ThirteenAG (has ultimate asi loader included)
6. soylent plz

HirLWl5.gif

Can someone give a link to the previous version of the patch? The newest one crashes the game before it could even start.

Can someone give a link to the previous version of the patch? The newest one crashes the game before it could even start.

I'd still appreciate info on what EXE you're using. I tested on 1.0 compact, 1.0EU and 1.0 hoodlum and they all run fine.

1. requires delta time fix - silent doesn't want to do it

2. but why?

3. download skygfx

4. use ultimate asi loader and read readme. (i would like this tho)

5. download widescreen fix from ThirteenAG (has ultimate asi loader included)

6. soylent plz

OK, sorry. But about fourth reply - where is the thread for this Ultimate ASI loader? I searched this subforum and I cannot find any thread with "Ultimate" word contained in its' title name... Please for link to the exact thread for this ASI plugin... Edit: You said ThirteenAG's widescreen fix thread contains it already...

Edited by 65536

There is no thread for it.
Here is download link

From extract dinput8.dll and rename it to d3d8.dll (for GTA3 and VC) or d3d9.dll (SA) and scripts folder. In that change in global.ini LoadFromScriptsOnly=1 to LoadFromScriptsOnly=0

Create empty wndmode.ini in root folder of the GTA

Edited by Tomasak

HirLWl5.gif

I'd still appreciate info on what EXE you're using. I tested on 1.0 compact, 1.0EU and 1.0 hoodlum and they all run fine.

I use 1.0. Should I post the error messages?

Yeah, that might help.

Silent you should include Ped Speech Patch on SilentPatchVC, fits on it. Also, I was playing Vice City on PS2 yesterday and something in the Ped Speech Patch by Sergeanur still missing, the peds and even Tommy (when you hits another car or when you hijacks a car with a passenger, they screams like crazy lol) still more talkative on PS2 than PC even with the patch, I don't know if you can compare it against the PS2 code. Or maybe is something wrong on my side.

Edited by Inadequate
  • Like 2

@Tomasak, thanks I've installed the Ultimate ASI Loader and I've got window mode, but any idea how to activate border with a title bar to it - what setting to change? For some reason the archive @ThirtteenAG packed his Ultimate ASI loader doesn't have any Readme inside...

@Silent, please you reply for least can you implement the Black Road Fix I've mentioned in previous post (since it appears to be another graphical well-known bug in San Andreas)?

Also, I've found another bug in SA with keyboard controls - for some reason both Left and Right Shift keys refuses to work in game at all. If I assign any keyboard key EXCEPT the Left or Right Shift as custom key for specific action, and then I press that key, game will respond to it normally, including the Left and Right Control keys too. But you can check yourself by binding any of Shift keys (either Left or Right shift) to specific action, and when you @Silent go back and try to preform this action, the game is unresponsive when you press the Shift key you're had just binded and it will have no effect in gameplay at all (it simply won't work at all on my side - Hoodlum SA exe). But you can check this any other keys, including the Left / Right Control keys binded to anything will be fully working, but NOT the Left / Right Shift keys! Can you fix this bug?

Edited by 65536

open wndmode.ini, set border=0 to 1

HirLWl5.gif

open wndmode.ini, set border=0 to 1

I changed this, but game still have no border nor title bar?!? Might be this only work on Windows 8 and newer (I'm using Windows 7 SP1).

Lower resolution, it will have

HirLWl5.gif

Sorry man, but game still run only in Borderless mode! Seems I will have to deal with this... I just cannot get this border to appear with my game at all... Thanks for help anyway.

you chaging the ini in the root folder of you games (the place where the exe is)?

HirLWl5.gif

Yes. My wndmode.ini in my SA's root folder is currently:

[WINDOWMODE]
UseWindowMode=1
UseGDI=1
UseDirect3D=1
UseDirectInput=0
UseDirectDraw=0
UseDDrawColorEmulate=0
UseDDrawFlipBlt=0
UseDDrawColorConvert=0
UseDDrawPrimaryBlt=0
UseDDrawAutoBlt=0
UseDDrawEmulate=0
UseDDrawPrimaryLost=0
UseCursorMsg=0
UseCursorSet=0
UseCursorGet=0
UseSpeedHack=0
SpeedHackMultiple=10
UseBackgroundResize=0
UseForegroundControl=0
UseFGCGetActiveWindow=0
UseFGCGetForegroundWindow=0
UseFGCFixedWindowPosition=0
EnableExtraKey=0
ShowFps=0
UseCursorClip=0
UseBackgroundPriority=0
DDrawBltWait=-1
Border=1
But seems the ASI ignores the line Border=1 I've changed for some reason... game is Windowed but still launches in borderless mode and it doesn't seems to want to change at all... I don't have clue why this isn't working at all.
Edited by 65536

Because it doesn't work. Sometimes game specific patches needed to be applied to get the desired result. Border works correctly in some games, in some games it doesn't, just like the windowed mode itself.

Turns out Alt-F4 never worked in III/VC/SA but correcting it is simple... probably a good idea to push it into SilentPatch?

Fixing SAMP trolling?

HirLWl5.gif

Turns out Alt-F4 never worked in III/VC/SA but correcting it is simple... probably a good idea to push it into SilentPatch?

Does this mean.. III/VC/SA also never accepted "close buttons"?

Does this mean.. III/VC/SA also never accepted "close buttons"?

Nope, that's what I thought but they did - R* message pump just doesn't let any Alt + [X] hotkeys through.

EDIT:

Means it never acknowledged Alt + Tab too... wonder if it makes a difference.

Edited by Silent

Yes, because it's being processed by desktop (I think) but other windows might be notified of that event too. So some stock behaviour might've been broken by this somehow.

Edited by Silent

Because it doesn't work. Sometimes game specific patches needed to be applied to get the desired result. Border works correctly in some games, in some games it doesn't, just like the windowed mode itself.

Seems you're need to fix only Windowed Mode for San Andreas on your Ultimate ASI Loader because I've just tried and I found on GTA Vice City both border / Title Bar options works just fine unlike GTA San Andreas.

Also, one last request to you: can upload a download mirror of your Ultimate ASI Loader to GTAGarage (if you didn't already) and to add Readme text file with description and instructions how people to use it? With this I think to stop spamming Silent' thread...

Seems you're need to fix only Windowed Mode for San Andreas on your Ultimate ASI Loader because I've just tried and I found on GTA Vice City both border / Title Bar options works just fine unlike GTA San Andreas.

I can't fix wndmode.dll, there's no source code.

Also, one last request to you: can upload a download mirror of your Ultimate ASI Loader to GTAGarage (if you didn't already) and to add Readme text file with description and instructions how people to use it? With this I think to stop spamming Silent' thread...

GTAGarage? I'm not touching that trash(at least not until updated version comes out). As for the readme, it's available on github. No point to include it inside the archive, if you ask me. Edited by ThirteenAG

I can't fix wndmode.dll, there's no source code.

GTAGarage? I'm not touching that trash(at least not until updated version comes out). As for the readme, it's available on github. No point to include it inside the archive, if you ask me.

OK then. :p