3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

To be honest, the dynamic shadows should still draw the static sprite underneath the car. I believe this is what GTA IV does. Either way, the multiple shadows thing is a feature.

I think you are right, if it is a feature it should be kept, but it does look weird when the car moves.

jYzLR2j.png

The peds tend to have serious suicidal tendancies sadly v.v (buggy flight path/suicidal dolphin dives at cars)

To be fair, I'd have suicidal tendencies too if I lived in San Andreas.

Planes randomly crashing aren't suicidal behavior though. That's supposed to happen. As for peds jumping towards your car, just don't drive too close to their path.

Speaking of peds, they all spawn standing still and staring at walls when driving at high speeds. I don't know if it's a side effect of widescreen fixes, but I consider it a bug for sure.

Edited by Zera

Planes randomly crashing aren't suicidal behavior though. That's supposed to happen. As for peds jumping towards your car, just don't drive too close to their path.

Speaking of peds, they all spawn standing still and staring at walls when driving at high speeds. I don't know if it's a side effect of widescreen fixes, but I consider it a bug for sure.

Pretty sure planes crashing is suicidal behaviour, and that its not supposed to happen.

And yes, they're supposed to be 'staring' at walls, it give you the impression they're looking in through the windows of a store, they're done with ped attractors in the 2dfx section of a .dff.

Edited by TJGM

Pretty sure planes crashing is suicidal behaviour, and that its not supposed to happen.

And yes, they're supposed to be 'staring' at walls, it give you the impression they're looking in through the windows of a store, they're done with ped attractors in the 2dfx section of a .dff.

If I remember, the plane crashing has to do with a "luck stat". The planes try to crash into CJ and kill him.

Edited by Snowshoe

If I remember, the plane crashing has to do with a "luck stat". The planes try to crash into CJ and kill him.

Yes, is because of luck stat level

Sorry for offtopic-ness but Joshimuz is an awesome San Andreas speedrunner ;)

Why are some so bothered about the plane crashes? It happens on PS2 too.

I rarely see a plane crash and I really want to see a plane crash. It happened very rarely, untill now, I think 2 or 3.

It is not something you should think it must be fixed or to bother with them. Plane crashes are a part of the game. It happens in real life too.

Edited by SilverRST

Propellers and sun is fixed...speechless...just, just...speechless.
Oh man, if you somehow will manage how to restore that missing SA "trails" effect...oh god..massive orgasm around the world will be provided.

OK, after an entire day, made day night transistion smooth and NOT eat FPS. And that's what would have happened if R* (or I) uncappedtthe fade effect on PC to be smooth.

Video tomorrow, as soon as I test if (and how well) it works on a crappy PC setup.

Edited by Silent

OK, after an entire day, made day <-> night transistion smooth and NOT eat FPS. And that's what would have happened if R* (or I) uncappedtthe fade effect on PC to be smooth.

Video tomorrow, as soon as I test if (and how well) it works on a crappy PC setup.

Please also a video about the long-waited actually working propellers :(

Edited by SilverRST

the phased moon is silentpatch related too?

Nope, because I have a custom moon texture right now and I also normally have IMFX installed, so I haven't seen it yet.

I hope that you manage to find out how to get the PS2 reflections.

By the way, did the PS2 version have trails?

Also do you think it may be possible to make the ped shadows match the other shadows like on the mobile? It would look nicer and would fix the overlap bug on bikes.

I think rockstar just drenched the ps2 version in the same motion blur cars use in order to hide graphical blemishes more easily. there's a simulation plugin that's pretty spot-on and that's how it works

I hope that you manage to find out how to get the PS2 reflections.

Also do you think it may be possible to make the ped shadows match the other shadows like on the mobile? It would look nicer and would fix the overlap bug on bikes.

He hasn't figured it out as of yet. PS2 version didn't have trails. DK recently enabled mobile shadows on PC, he said he'll be releasing it soon. (may have already been released on vol-gta. And peds can't use stencil shadows either, so yeah)

I think rockstar just drenched the ps2 version in the same motion blur cars use in order to hide graphical blemishes more easily. there's a simulation plugin that's pretty spot-on and that's how it works

Wasn't motion blur, was some sort of post processing effect.

Betcha to it. :) EDIT: SilverRST He already has.

(video)

Is that the colorcycle.dat from mobile version or the ps2 atmosphere? or what?

Just a timecyc, nothing else.

After fixing rotors, phased moon, sun haze and now nvc transition, silent somehow will find a way to recover the famous orange atmosphere and car reflections.

WGUgFF7.jpg

After fixing rotors, phased moon, sun haze and now nvc transition, silent somehow will find a way to recover the famous orange atmosphere and car reflections.

WGUgFF7.jpg

Buggy reflections is one of my biggest pet peeves with San Andreas. I don't even mean the reflecting "lines" in cars, I mean the buggy ass reflections you can see in that LV glass building, Hydra glass and on the Police Bike. It looks fine with default game, because you barely see them while playing, but many modders use this kind of reflections in their cars, and they look horrendous because of this.

Dexx released a tool that fixes this, but you must launch it everytime and click on "Fix reflections". Needless to say that it isn't exactly practical.

Edited by riquenunes

You can upload a video with the original timecyc?, i don't see any notable difference or how the fix works... :/

And waiting for the car reflections :D if is possible :p

Edited by inadequate

You can upload a video with the original timecyc?, i don't see any notable difference or how the fix works... :/

And waiting for the car reflections :D if is possible :p

Look at the buildings. The light on them isn't choppy anymore.

Isn't it weird each time a plane crashes,there's no one actually ever in it? Is it a bug or what?

157ow43.jpg

Edited by lightning123

Isn't it weird each time a plane crashes,there's no one actually ever in it? Is it a bug or what?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=157ow43&s=8#.U47cn_munIY

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jaz9rr&s=8#.U47cn_munIY

and also, if you get a high enough wanted level, take a look at the Police Mavericks trying to gun you down because there's nobody in them either. Wouldn't it be great if Silent implemented these two things into his 'Patch? ;) (BTW I know there's a CLEO script for the disappearing cops in the Police Mavericks but it'd be nice to see it re-enabled without the CLEO script)

• Like 1

This model is best used for police helicopters

2b1ohf.png

This one for planes

286vhn5.png

Don't you think?

Edited by lightning123

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=157ow43&s=8#.U47cn_munIY

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jaz9rr&s=8#.U47cn_munIY

and also, if you get a high enough wanted level, take a look at the Police Mavericks trying to gun you down because there's nobody in them either. Wouldn't it be great if Silent implemented these two things into his 'Patch? ;) (BTW I know there's a CLEO script for the disappearing cops in the Police Mavericks but it'd be nice to see it re-enabled without the CLEO script)

Sounds like a nice idea. Especially since it could be used for VCS PC Edition, considering the original VCS game had a police model inside their police mavericks. He could kill two birds with one stone.

Edited by TJGM
  • Like 3