Silent

So this was fixed for III/VC, right?

Is it going to be fixed in SA?

Yep, most likely for r27.

• Like 2

Yep, most likely for r27.

Wow, glad to know! Dziękuję!

Edited by uncaged

@Silent, seems you're has fixed the escalators bug breaking San Andreas. Thanks you! I have a few questions to you about ViceCity:

1. Escalators bug seems to exists also in ViceCity, although it seems to happen more rarely than in San Andreas. I've played and sometimes when I'm at Vashington Mall or inside North Point Mall's interior, I suddenly get a crash to desktop. As Vashington Mall I got it twice when I've done that scenario:

• Enter the Mall from north entrance;
  • While Tommy Vercetti stays in the north entrance corridor, enter least once (or more) the cheat for exploding nearby vehicles BIGBANG;
  • Cheat will activate normally;
  • Continue and enter the center of Washington Mall where are escalators;
  • However, after entering mall area with escalators after entering the cheat, the game will freeze with an error and will crash to desktop.

Interesting is fact, without using Explode nearby cars cheat, I don't get any breaking errors while Tommy is at this place...

2. There is an another breaking Vice City bug (I don't know if it happens for all people) - the game might crash if you drive on the bridge from Starfish Island to Mainland (the left island on ViceCity's map). I found article on Steam forums about it http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2487688 and this one here http://gtaforums.com/topic/518855-unhandled-exception-nbnot-normal/. Somewhere someone have reported same issue happens only when drive an Infernus in said direction as crash doesn't happen with any other vehicle (although I cannot find the exact post on forums here)...

3. Very rarely ViceCity might crash from nowhere when jumping while Tommy Vercetti holds a FlameThrower (that weapon falls into category of Heavy weapons). It might be not supposed to jump with that weapon, and this might be triggering this rare crash.

4. Also, there is one glitch again in Vice City that seems was mentioned here but it's stills not fixed - if you get close to Fort Baxter Base, soldiers there will start attacking Tommy Vercetti with massive shooting and they WILL DESTROY YOU IN NO TIME because their weapons will take your health away terrible quickly. They will shoot you even when you're did NOT attack anyone of soldiers in the base and without entering the base itself at all, unless you use Cop Outfit. Please, @Silent fix this bug because currently even simply walking at street infront of Base's entrance, is extremely dangerous for you! Information for this major bug you see also here in GTA Wiki: http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Fort_Baxter_Air_Base.

In first three cases above game might crash to desktop producing an Unhandled Exception. Can you fix these eventually?

Edited by 65536

I have a few questions to you about ViceCity:

Ugh, I haven't managed to reproduce any of those.

I have a few questions to you about ViceCity:

Ugh, I haven't managed to reproduce any of those.

OK. I've was used Pizzadox Trainer with Vice City before, and seems it might be culprit for those crashes on my side (I've stopped using it about two years ago). But anything about Fort Baxter's MUCH aggressive military soldiers towards you issue? :miranda: I think @nkjellman was also mentioned this somewhere earlier in your thread...

Edited by 65536

Not sure if it's just me, but the latest version of the patch keeps crashing the game (both original and SA-MP). Could you look into this?

Are the da*n annoying bug fixed when you climb on something and you suddenly die?

If it's not fixed it would be really nice to have it fixed.

I was having a huge war against cops once and I was just climbing over a wall or something and I died instead of hundreds of dangerous cops xD. The wall was apparently more dangerous..

Edited by Davve95

Not sure if it's just me, but the latest version of the patch keeps crashing the game (both original and SA-MP). Could you look into this?

What EXE are you using?

Are the da*n annoying bug fixed when you climb on something and you suddenly die?

I was having a huge war against cops once and I was just climbing over a wall or something and I died instead of hundreds of dangerous cops xD. The wall was apparently more dangerous..

Enable frame limiter.

• Like 3

Lol wtf? Can you make a screenshot and a map so I gonna try it myself XD

What EXE are you using?

I don't know how am I supposed to know that, but all the previous versions worked perfectly fine.

What EXE are you using?

I don't know how am I supposed to know that, but all the previous versions worked perfectly fine.

If you diddn't do anything to modify the EXE then you must be using the latest. If you have steam then you're using the horrendous December patch and if using retail it's probably version 1.1

Neither of these are recommended (especially the December patch) so use this downgrader here to get it to version 1.0, it should work fine then.

• Like 1

Lol wtf? Can you make a screenshot and a map so I gonna try it myself XD

It's not at a specific place.

It can happen everywhere.

And it happens randomly. But pretty often for me.

And again, all of you: did you had frame limiter enabled or not?

Otherwise it's a non-issue.

Off. I'm always having it off. It dosen't feels the game runs so smooth with it on.

Even if I'm having a computer who's over the requerments.

For those who wanna see the bug:

Edited by Davve95

And again, all of you: did you had frame limiter enabled or not?

Otherwise it's a non-issue.

Off. I'm always having it off. It dosen't feels the game runs so smooth with it on.

For those who wanna see the bug:

[*] RIP SO TALENTED R&B SINGER

The Frame Latency in the in-game frame limiter is completely messed up, that's why it doesn't feel smooth.

It should be at a constant 33.3ms but for some reason it goes all over the place, sometimes going up to 40ms and all the way down to 20ms, this makes the game feel laggy even though the framerate is always at 30fps.

If you have a Nvidia card disable the in-game frame limiter and force "Adaptive Vsync (Half Refresh Rate)" in the Nvdia control panel, this will lock the game at 30fps without any frame latency issues.

Edited by Reyks
  • Like 3

jYzLR2j.png

Have anyone tried Rivatuner Statistics Server for limiting frame rate? It's part of MSI Afterburner, but it can be downloaded separately

People claim it's the best frame limiter application around, and I've been using for some time in many games and it does a good job, despite putting an extra load on the CPU... I have a 3rd gen i5 and it uses around 10-15% more processing power in-game.

If you diddn't do anything to modify the EXE then you must be using the latest. If you have steam then you're using the horrendous December patch and if using retail it's probably version 1.1

Neither of these are recommended (especially the December patch) so use this downgrader here to get it to version 1.0, it should work fine then.

I have retail 1.0 and as I said all the previous versions of SilentPatch worked fine.

Silent, are you interested on resolving some FPS limit related bugs for GTAIII?

• Like 1

hqdefault.jpg

The Frame Latency in the in-game frame limiter is completely messed up, that's why it doesn't feel smooth.

It should be at a constant 33.3ms but for some reason it goes all over the place, sometimes going up to 40ms and all the way down to 20ms, this makes the game feel laggy even though the framerate is always at 30fps.

If you have a Nvidia card disable the in-game frame limiter and force "Adaptive Vsync (Half Refresh Rate)" in the Nvdia control panel, this will lock the game at 30fps without any frame latency issues.

No problems here tbh.

Are you on W10? I read that might have something to do with stuttering.

No problems here tbh.

Are you on W10? I read that might have something to do with stuttering.

Yes I'm on W10, but I had this exact same problem on Windows 7 too, so it's definitely not an OS issue.

I'm not the only one having problems with the in-game frame limiter, some other people were also having a laggy experience with the frame limiter on.

Silent even tried to improve it a while back, but it didn't really solve the problem.

Edited by Reyks

jYzLR2j.png