3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

I was testing the latest builds, was going to take a screenshot of a floating tree for the map fixes topic, and the result was a black image when pasting the screenshot. I remembered the black screen video intro issue, could be the same problem?

culd yu fix gangsta sit fix pls?

Technically this is 1st anniversary of Gangster Sit Fix, by the way, great work.

Hmm, I installed it and this happened? It's normal?

Nah, just kidding! :p

4CYQ5Ub.png4CYQ5Ub.png4CYQ5Ub.png

Thanks bass bous boos bows buzz boss.

The f*ck is that?? Are those arms or...???? :*(

Which one?

HirLWl5.gif

:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

• Like 3

In SA I noticed too much agressive drivers, something wrong with sun intensity ... May be something else.

Latest build isn't compatible with your cpu drivers. Pretty sure it's not the first time SilentPatch isn't compatible with something.

Shh, Silent will hear you.

In SA I noticed too much agressive drivers, something wrong with sun intensity ... May be something else.

:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

SICKLENTH PLES FEX ET. :(

Arms? No. I believe those are cow tits, you know, where milk comes from, after you feed him cookies!

April Fools content included in these releases:

•  

A dot?

homer-screaming.gif

HirLWl5.gif

Arms? No. I believe those are cow tits, you know, where milk comes from, after you feed him cookies!

How the f*ck can Silent give milk after you feed him cookies!!!??? That's sick!

Edited by SilverRST
  • Like 2

Next update, can you make it so we can donate you money by buying shark cards that give the player money to buy properties in VC and clothes in SA? I think it'll help with the R* Vision. Also make us pay to see gangsters sit.

April Fools content included in these releases:

And the search for the randomly placed dot begins.

Never summon Silent!

*insert Silent/Cookie Monster joke here*

2xMxr4b.png

76561198000404928.png

i'm not able to use ryosuke's outfit mod in gta sa with this patch. i can load the game up fine but the mod simply won't show up. is there a way i can make the mod work with this? Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask.

Edited by frankandbeans

Can you please make static white illumination thing dependent on DIR-color setting and sun position (also smoothly rotate at night time from sunset to sunrise positions), if it's possible? Just like in GTA Vice City. Such thing is very noticeable in user-made maps, where surrounding objects get illuminated as well, as peds, weapons and cars. It looks a little bit ridiculous, when the opposite side from sun direction gets illuminated. Would be awesome, if you manage to fix that and make it optional (enable/disable in .INI).

dcadb644fed6t.jpg9dc1b5b268bct.jpg958b6fc99ef6t.jpg

Oh, and, is it possible to remove or hide that black horizon (blue hell) thing on high altitude in GTA Vice City? It's very noticeable at rainy or foggy weather, when the range of visibility is pretty low. AFAIK, it gets smoothly hidden in GTA SA with height up to the clouds, and it gets overlapped by object outlines or completely befogged objects in GTA 3/LCS/VCS.

Edited by MMK_033

Can you please make static white illumination thing dependent on DIR-color setting and sun position (also smoothly rotate at night time from sunset to sunrise positions), if it's possible? Just like in GTA Vice City. Such thing is very noticeable in user-made maps, where surrounding objects get illuminated as well, as peds, weapons and cars. It looks a little bit ridiculous, when the opposite side from sun direction gets illuminated. Would be awesome, if you manage to fix that and make it optional (enable/disable in .INI).

dcadb644fed6t.jpg9dc1b5b268bct.jpg958b6fc99ef6t.jpg

Oh, and, is it possible to remove or hide that black horizon (blue hell) thing on high altitude in GTA Vice City? It's very noticeable at rainy or foggy weather, when the range of visibility is pretty low. AFAIK, it gets smoothly hidden in GTA SA with height up to the clouds, and it gets overlapped by object outlines or completely befogged objects in GTA 3/LCS/VCS.

Please try how SilentPatch will work on your game with the default SA map, not with a custom one! From your screenshots seems you're trying SilentPatch on the CriminalRussia map for SA... That map mod seems to be bugged like hell and has much issues... Small amount of peoples are able to play it, but for majority people that CriminalRussia map mod just doesn't work no matter what tweaks they tried to run it. I've tried 2-3 times to play that Russian map and it NEVER WORKED AT ALL for me (even with an installer, not a manual install) on my San Andreas game (it will just either crash my game while loading or will throws an error on the intro movie which for some reason cannot be skipped)... I'm playing only CriminalRussia RAGE version (on GTA IV) as least it works fine for me unlike sh*tty SA one... I'm using HOODLUM 1.0 exe because of its compatibility with CLEO mods... Sorry for the offtopic... :panic:

Edited by 65536

Please try how SilentPatch will work on your game with the default SA map, not with a custom one! From your screenshots seems you're trying SilentPatch on the CriminalRussia map for SA... That map mod seems to be bugged like hell and has much issues... Small amount of peoples are able to play it, but for majority people that CriminalRussia map mod just doesn't work no matter what tweaks they tried to run it.

That's not actually CR map, it's from another mod (GTA Province). But every custom map I tried, including this, GTA United, San Vice, SA:LC, GTA Duster City, applies timecyc illumination on all map objects. Original SA map doesn't get illuminated by this option for some reason, only peds, weapons, cars and other dynamic elements do, with an exception for some trees. Probably, custom map objects all considered by the game as dynamic. That explains the fact that they get illuminated as everything else mentioned before, and the colour of these objects get changed by AMB_OBJ option, not by AMB, as it originally supposed to be. Anyway, it would be great, if illumination would be dependent on sun position and DIR-color option, just like in another GTAs of 3D-series. Although there won't be almost no impact on original SA map (III/VC/LCS/VCS maps don't get timecyc-controlled direct illumination on them as well), but at least dynamic elements would be better lightened, and, with proper timecyc edit, there won't be no necessity to draw day-prelight for any objects of user-made total conversions in order to simulate the sidedly directed (motionless) solar light.

Edited by MMK_033

@Silent: there're still some bugs:

1) There're NO SPARKS effect for the deflated wheels of the attached trailers (eg: petrol1&2, utility,...).

2) Some objects still have rendering bug: car windshield, boat glasses, the fences, etc... . (see pics, also the note)

3) Cop aiming bug: if cj is busted while he's laying down on ground, (some) cops aim to somewhere not cj.

4) Darkened detached parts of the cars: I think that in next version of SP should "disable" a function that turns the detached parts to dark after the veh exploded - i.e: I want the game now only turns the parts dark if the cars exploded, otherwise if the car parts is detached by cj hits -> the part don't turn dark. Your readme file says "Detached parts now remain the same colour as the cars they come from." but seems this doesn't work well! :bored::(

PICS:

k3rl13.jpg

15ew96h.jpg

25jz38l.jpg

*NOTE: about the third pic (hunter glass): I imported the hunter.dff into Zmodeler to test, and I found that if I enable the "Display\Solids\Force Double-sided" , the bug appears like ingame! I dunno what's the cause. :dozing:

Edited by Minhkute360

Whenever I add (not replace) a car to the game, the cars come with dual wheels at the rear end. Does anyone know how to fix this? I uninstalled SilentPatch just to check if it causes this problem and yes it does.

rzllmeq7.jpg

That's because the handling line for this vehicle has the flag for dual wheels. Remove it.

I'd like to come back to an older post of mine. I set the 8th digit of the modelflags in the handling line to 0 but nothing changed at all. I still got the same problem.

This may be offtopic but why is adding cars to GTA SA still so problematic? Engine sounds even sound like foot steps. :S

You find the line that is used by that Porsche, go to the first bunch of hexadecimal flags, take the eighth symbol and subtract two from it. If it still has double rear wheels, then you're doing something wrong. Try again, this time more careful, and if it still doesn't work, post the whole line here or send it to me via PM.