3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

Feels like Silent just decided to "do something" again, and this leads us to few more amazing fixes. I love this feeling. Classic GTA series, released - long time ago, latest update - forever.

• Like 2

So... since some AA related bugs are being fixed, any chance this can get fixed as well?

Old post of the bug:

Ok so HERO's plugin made it easier to spot in screenshots, just take a look at the edges:

(click to see in full screen)

PzbEL9M.png

Upper Left:

myRhLqM.png

Upper Right:

RcdZSM6.png

For some reason the right side has a kinda black-ish line, while the top and left are blue. Not sure if there's anything on the botton though.

And there's the AA bug for those who didn't know about it.

Even using regular AA in the Nvidia control panel causes that, the only type of AA that is imune to it afaik is FXAA.

jYzLR2j.png

No.

• Like 2

What's your thought about that Silent?

The flames effect of the Hydra is bugged on PC.

On PS2, that the landing gears were down or up, there were flames coming out from the exhaust thrusters.

PS2/PCSX2:

Landing gear down:

c1o2eBF.png

Landing gear up:

11X7KvO.png

But on PC, when the landing gears are down, the flames never come out:

QFeZcof.png

And when the landing gears are up, it's random.

Sometimes:

There's no flames:

KCsocBS.png

There's flames:

ilO2yPz.png

• Like 2

Someone still having the compatibility issue between SilentPatch and Vehicle Lights Fix by Wesser? The v1.4.2 still crashing on my game with SilentPatch installed (I load them via modloader, has some incompatibility with modloader?), the v1.0.0 works fine with SilentPatch but not the latest version after all these years. Someone know what I can do?

Changelog:

25/10/2014 (v1.4.2):
* The code has been improved a lot, coming with detailed definitions;
* Specular and diffuse values of light materials are now properly restored after switching back to the unlit texture;
* Trailers now have working stoplights rather than cabs when they are attached to, plus the braking light source is casted onto the trailer instead;
* Articulate Trailer 1-2-3 and Petrol Trailer cannot turn headlights on anymore;
* Train carriages now turns on headlights and taillights after being derailed;
* Brown Streak has no more taillights.
13/09/2014 (v1.0.0):
* Light materials no longer have wrong specular and diffuse colors once headlights and taillights get lit for the first time;
* Taillights will remain lit indipendently from the camera position;
* RC Bandit, RC Tiger, RC Cam, Bag Box A, Bag Box B, Tug Stairs, Farm Trailer and Utility Trailer don't turn lights on anymore when their engine is on;
* Kart finally shows headlight texture on the ground;
* Rhino can now turn lights on;
* Combine Harvester has no more taillights.
Wesser

Some replies from the Fixed Vanilla Vehicles topic:

I guess that's because they both try to fix the same thing. I mean this:

13/09/2014 (v1.0.0):

Light materials no longer have wrong specular and diffuse colors once headlights and taillights get lit for the first time;

and this:

25/10/2014 (v1.4.2):

Specular and diffuse values of light materials are now properly restored after switching back to the unlit texture;

conflict with that:

Vehicle lights do not get dark after being being initially lit anymore (like on PS2)

I always do tests on a clean installation of the game (stability is my goal), I even installed SilentPatch along with it and no freezes happened. Provide me your crashlog.

Unfortunately, I cannot adapt it with ImVehFt because both work differently.

You could at least try without modloader... I have the same plugins and everything is fine

Anyone interested in CSAA and EQAA?

EDIT:

Then again, RW will try to squeeze the best available multisampling quality for selected number of samples... so it's probably good enough but with some small hacks it'd also be possible to explicitly switch between vendor-specific AA modes.

Edited by Silent
  • Like 2

CSAA is not available for Nvidia Maxwell (9xx) series. Shame, worked well on my 660 ti via control panel. Then I sold it and got a 970... the screen just keeps flashing when try to force CSAA

Edited by El Dorado

Yeah I realize, we tested it and CSAA properly filters out with Maxwell GPUs so games which still expose it on these GPUs are just lazy.

I kinda don't want to mess with it for r25 though as otherwise I'll never release it... Maybe for r26.

@Silent Is there any chance to disable road reflection fix? Its laggy for me.

This can't be the reason. They were always being rendered, just not showing.

That vehicle damage bug looks pretty obvious... in a collision, both cars always damage the same way - that's why if you ram some car's back its front bumper/hood damages instead :D

I had talked about this to Junior_DJJR before, so I know that he has got this damage system fix built, but he gave up.:( Now this fix falls to your hands should be more suitable.

Btw I think that fixing SA damage engine should be very necessary, I see no any reasons for ignoring this! Do u guys agree?

Edited by Minhkute360

That vehicle damage bug looks pretty obvious... in a collision, both cars always damage the same way - that's why if you ram some car's back its front bumper/hood damages instead :D

I had talked about this to Junior_DJJR before, so I know that he has got this damage system fix built, but he gave up. :( Now this fix falls to your hands should be more suitable.

Btw I think that fixing SA damage engine should be very necessary, I see no any reasons for ignoring this! Do u guys agree?

Wat? Nobody is ignoring this. If I'm not wrong Silent already fixed it.

Edited by Inadequate

I had talked about this to Junior_DJJR before, so I know that he has got this damage system fix built, but he gave up. :( Now this fix falls to your hands should be more suitable.

But but but...he wants vehicle damage fix so bad he is willing to sell his cookie to this Cookie Monster :( Silent is love, Silent is life.

Wait... Vehicle damage fix.

Fix

Fix

Fix

Sounds like gangstersit fix!

Edited by SilverRST
  • Like 4

But but but...he wants vehicle damage fix so bad he is willing to sell his cookie to this Cookie Monster :( Silent is love, Silent is life.

But what he mean with 'vehicle damage fix'? When a car hits another one? If is that, like I said above is already fixed by Silent if I'm not in a mistake.

But what he mean with 'vehicle damage fix'? When a car hits another one? If is that, like I said above is already fixed by Silent if I'm not in a mistake.

Easy and take a chillcookie. I know, I was j/k :p

I think so, but... the problem is that when will Silent release the next verison of SP with new stuffs fixed?

Edited by Minhkute360

the problem is that when will Silent release the next verison of SP with new stuffs fixed?

It's almost done so shouldn't take long.

the problem is that when will Silent release the next verison of SP with new stuffs fixed?

Doesn't R* say anything similar?

HirLWl5.gif

To a average person, soon = up to 3 days max.

To a developer, soon = 4 months minimal.

Doesn't R* say anything similar?

F*ck, why have you said that?? Silent will now delay it multiple times and make it online-only and add shark cards :(

• Like 3

Each complaint is delaying the release by a month... cya in 2030.

• Like 3

Still earlier than GTA4 blinking LOD fix and Half Life 3

HirLWl5.gif

Ur skript sux

Gangster sh*tfix aint kool

Carbumberfix iz taking eons

Roadreflections loos ugly an stoopid

Cj looks odd when ur patsh is installed

Gaem crash becus ur frametime is fake as pamelas tits

And oh for teh last rekord monster cookie is not blue and hairy

Oh crap, almost 2031 :(