3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

Dunno... what is there to fix in Mafia? Doing it just for the sake of doing it seems pointless.

As what I mentioned in the previous post, there's this pointless dplay dependency in it.
76561198000404928.png

Dunno... what is there to fix in Mafia? Doing it just for the sake of doing it seems pointless.

As what I mentioned in the previous post, there's this pointless dplay dependency in it.

It's there cause of the unused MP racing which still kinda works.

I experience that on Windows 10 with GTA SA, game always freezes with black screen before first airport cutscene, if I'm lucky enough I can alt tab back in and the game won't lock up my system but it makes my game glitchy. Usually other games I alt tab locks up my system :/

Another reason not to upgrade to Dickdows 10. Microsocks won't let us play the good ole games.

Compatibility is really none of the reasons you shouldn't jump on the w10 bandwagon.

And this is said by one that won't use any more windows after 7.

Anyway, personally I'd try to attach process monitor to the game, and see what's loaded/crashing during those moments.

So enable it?

It probably is... it's just a SCM mod.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but here goes. Is SilentPatch compatible with Spaceeinstein's All In One Mod's for VC and SA?

Yes, it's compatible. Have been using that mod since 2006 or 2007.

Edited by SilverRST

It probably is... it's just a SCM mod.

Nice. The last time I played those two Games, was with those Mods Installed.

Should I wait for Space to chime in as well?

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but here goes. Is SilentPatch compatible with Spaceeinstein's All In One Mod's for VC and SA?

Yes, it's compatible. Have been using that mod since 2006 or 2007.

Cool. Thanks for your response.

So turns out III doesn't need Y Axis sensitivity fix at all... only VC and SA do :evilgrin:

speaking of sensitivity... it would be nice to have a raw/windows input for mouse in these games. Like gta 5. Since mouse movement is tied to framerate... 30 fps makes mouse movement kinda sluggish

• Like 3

No it wouldn't change anything. Plus I don't think sensitivity is tied to framerate at the moment...

• Like 2

Speaking about Y sensitivity - does your script really fix this?

Because after loading the savegame, the Y sensitivity still "freezes" for a while - a few seconds and then works normally. I.E my mouse cannot take its move with Y axis at first time get in game.

This fix is not in...

Yes, GTA3 never had his Y sensitivity problem. The only provlem is that sensitivity is being reset every time you start/load a game (1.0)

The only provlem is that sensitivity is being reset every time you start/load a game (1.0)

Ported that from 1.1 already, will appear in next SP build ;)

• Like 2

can anybody else reproduce this bug?

when i first load a savegame and the initial splash loading sequence has ended (i.e. when i'm first able to move CJ), my HUD becomes extremely bright for around 5 seconds and then goes back to normal. this occurs no matter what i do with the brightness settings in the menu.

Is it still correct use the Y-Axis Sensivity Fix by TAG for III/VC/SA? Doesn't exist anymore on his GitHub page but it's still installed on my three GTA installations since a long time. Or you will add some new kind of fix into your SilentPatch builds?

It's to be integrated in the next build, yes - hence I said it's not needed in III.

Doesn't exist anymore on his GitHub page but it's still installed on my three GTA installations since a long time. Or you will add some new kind of fix into your SilentPatch builds?

I moved it to bitbucket, since it will be obsolete soon: https://bitbucket.org/ThirteenAG/iii.vc.sa.y-axis_sensitivity_fix-archived Edited by ThirteenAG

Because after loading the savegame, the Y sensitivity still "freezes" for a while - a few seconds and then works normally. I.E my mouse cannot take its move with Y axis at first time get in game.

Fixed. It probably was a minor design flaw as mouse Y axis got locked during fadeins (like after loading a save). X axis and pad right stick are untouched, so I assumed it's not working exactly how it's supposed to be and removed it. Will appear in r25 (+III/VC if they need the fix too) ;)

Silent could you consider fixing broken physics and some other stuff on more than 30FPS?

HirLWl5.gif

http://pastebin.com/MQ8MJcen

gj R*, this fixes the crash when minimizing the game in interiors with mirrors (like CJ house).

Funnily enough, seems like at least nvidia has a GPU driver hack to work it around by disabling device reset :D

EDIT:

FYI THIS THING fixed by @DK22Pac is an actual RenderWare bug :D Not a guess, but a pretty much confirmed MSAA-related bug.

Edited by Silent

Since you are working on this again, I'll bring up the mountain cloud boys bug. CJ freezes when him and Woozie reach their destinatio after the inicial driving

Playing with unlocked framerate, without SP - Not freezing

Unlocked framerate, SP - Freezes

Locked fps, without SP (meaning 25 fps) - No freezing

Locked 30 fps, SP - Freeze

I assume it's a problem with the removal of the 14 ms frame delay, but I could be wrong.

Edited by El Dorado

I dunno... last time I checked this mission I found nothing. Its code is hella confusing too.

Since you are working on this again, I'll bring up the mountain cloud boys bug. CJ freezes when him and Woozie reach their destinatio after the inicial driving

Locked fps, without SP (meaning 25 fps) - No freezing

Locked 30 fps, SP - Freeze

I assume it's a problem with the removal of the 14 ms frame delay, but I could be wrong.

This should work fine:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46581994/fixed_wuzi1.zip

It's actually not FPS based as far as my tests gone (haven't tested without SilentPatch). You just need to be quick - in my tests I'd never freeze if I got to the marker before the initial dialogue ended but I'd always freeze if I got into the marker after Woozie said his final "You're an outsider" line.

If this SCM works fine, it's only a matter of me coming up with some reliable way to hack it in... I don't want to have to replace the SCM.

EDIT:

Seems like it indeed works in 25FPS just fine, though it's probably a timing related coincidence. The code didn't look correct to begin with.

Edited by Silent
  • Like 3

Ok, I'll see what I can see, will report shortly

EDIT - OFC you're right. I generally let all dialogue play during driving sessions, never thought that would be the problem in this case. Works fine with your provided files. Still, I wonder why everything goes fine in a completely unmodded game.

Edited by El Dorado

Compatibility with missions broken, you're so BUSTED Silent! Edited by ThirteenAG

Works fine with your provided files. Still, I wonder why everything goes fine in a completely unmodded game.

Script probably kinda racing between CJ getting out of the car and script ticking... not sure myself either, but it felt like it could happen if getting out of the car took more than X frames - and of course the higher the framerate is, the more frames it'll take.

Delta time fix confirmed?

HirLWl5.gif

No, why?

Ability to play in more than 30FPS without issues.

HirLWl5.gif