3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SilentPatch

Silent

Hey Silent, here's the video again since its a new page. Hopefully this helps.

Edited by gamerzworld

Is possible to bring back second newspaper texture on the roads in Vice City? GTA III has two types, but VC has probably some bug.

Edited by HackMan128

Is possible to bring back second newspaper texture on the roads in Vice City? GTA III has two types, but VC has probably some bug.

Doesn't the second one only spawn after completing the Film Studio Missions? On the PS2 version, the second newspaper was actually a Candy Suxx leaflet that would spawn in downtown after that mission, PC onwards it was changed to another generic newspaper for some reason but I'd assume the spawn trigger is the same.

as far as I know there's only two newspaper textures in vice city: the first one is the vice voice which is the only one used up until you complete "Dildo Dodo" (the mission where you drop posters from the skimmer), after which you'll see both the vice voice and movie posters on the street. of course for whatever reason the pc port is stuck with III's textures so you never see any of that

ย 

oops I got ninja'd

Edited by Mr. Jago

Oh, that's funny. So there is probably some opcode to activate these newspapers from the beggining of the game.

Thanks for explanation.

Edited by HackMan128

You can fix the Waypoints of the Peds? On PS2 are more waypoints for peds

[i don't think it's true.

ย 

Hm, something seems wrong indeed.

Edited by Silent

I just noticed another thing from the video. The prostitute voice lines on PC don't work.

ย 

Silent the missing peds are in clukin' bell,in front of katies house,zero's rc shop and there may be more...

I... think it's time to stop the requests and let silent work on what it was already requested or else.

I... think it's time to stop the requests and let silent work on what it was already requested or else.

With the rate he's pumping out these fixes you'd think he already finished them :D

Just one more bug I remembered that's worth mentioning. When the headlights of the vehicle the player is driving are turned on, the windshield turns invisible from the back view, but visible from the front. If you turn the headlights off, it's visible from both sides again (more noticeable on convertibles). Another alpha rendering bug like the Hunter cockpit?

An example of R* laziness, one tree placed over another (the little one is the PS2 default)

ย 

x4dF5ml.jpg

It looks like it was something related to release date, so it looks like this tree grown up, but they didn't replace it.

The ped shadows in SA are not sticked to the ground, they float, unlike other shadows.This can easily be seen when you move the camera close to the ground, especially when riding bikes.

jYzLR2j.png

Maybe this is worth mentioning, or maybe it's another useless crap that I usually say, but... in some of my experiments with stream memory fixe's, I noticed a pattern: SA always crash to desktop when it's memory usage are about 1,8 GB (don't ask how I get GTA to use that amount of memory)

The ped shadows in SA are not sticked to the ground, they float, unlike other shadows.This can easily be seen when you move the camera close to the ground, especially when riding bikes.

It's related to collision files.

Maybe this is worth mentioning, or maybe it's another useless crap that I usually say, but... in some of my experiments with stream memory fixe's, I noticed a pattern: SA always crash to desktop when it's memory usage are about 1,8 GB (don't ask how I get GTA to use that amount of memory)

Yeah I'm getting this too at the moment, and at about 1.6GB, the LODs only load when I go to new areas .. So I'm stuck in LOD-land before it crashes.

fxoNkvf.png

Would people be interested in this patch also fixing the intro movies? It would mean including new converts of them totaling 27MB in size. Basically we'd be using the same technique used on VCS PC, in that the videos will display without error or whatever settings you have for the game, since the original way is just flat out broken.

• Like 1

Would people be interested in this patch also fixing the intro movies? It would mean including new converts of them totaling 27MB in size. Basically we'd be using the same technique used on VCS PC, in that the videos will display without error or whatever settings you have for the game, since the original way is just flat out broken.

I am definitely interested. Something on the Vista/7/8 broke most of them if you don't use some of the compatibility modes.

I assume you managed to use bink videos as IV uses?

Edited by Blackbird88

Yep, it'll be BINK converts which I've done myself, using the PS2 and Xbox version as sources (Better video and audio quality), and the end result is pretty damn good, for most cases the image quality is the same but REALLY improves during the motion and fading frames, and audio quality is much better as it's sourced from the PS2 version which used 48Khz LPCM for the Movie Streams (PC uses 44.1Khz Mpeg-2 224kb/s), here's just a quick comparison of the two:

ย 

ย 

Original PC MPG

2w7redw.png

ย 

BINK convert by us

m7qn14.png

some cookie wanted me to post this as 'it's my code'

ย 

3y3P7uDl.jpg

ย 

apparently someone took a bite out of the moon

SsZgxdL.png

Inactive in GTA/R* title modification indefinitely pursuant to a court order obtained by TTWO. Good job acting against modding!

apparently someone took a bite out of the moon

Works only in fullscreen and 16-bit, but fine :p

Just one more bug I remembered that's worth mentioning. When the headlights of the vehicle the player is driving are turned on, the windshield turns invisible from the back view, but visible from the front. If you turn the headlights off, it's visible from both sides again (more noticeable on convertibles).

Fixed :)

• Like 2

ย 

Just one more bug I remembered that's worth mentioning. When the headlights of the vehicle the player is driving are turned on, the windshield turns invisible from the back view, but visible from the front. If you turn the headlights off, it's visible from both sides again (more noticeable on convertibles).

Fixed :)

ย 

You work fast :turn:

ย 

I'm glad I brought that one up.

Next step

...f*ck me, it works.

ย 

KpxErq0l.jpg