2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Silent

SilentPatch

CoolMods

Use mixsets > enable the line that removes sun corona > profit???

Crashes my game during loading for some reason.And yes,I did read the ReadMe and installed the mod properly.

Uhm, please stop spamming the thread and learn yourself to use Lensflare.

zanesix

Do you know those external programs?

wat about AMD cards/User's? wat should they do?

The RivaTuner software that comes with MSI Afterburner does this and works with everything.

Jason Statham
Uhm, please stop spamming the thread and learn yourself to use Lensflare.

SilentPatch is good thing here, and also telling other people to stop spamming, while you doing the same thing in every thread ? :p

CoolMods

Whateeever.

Then, answering edups question, why would you use lensflare?

Jason Statham
Posted (edited)
Then, answering edups question, why would you use lensflare?

Because of the GTA SA magic:

1364119858_gallery264.jpg

Edited by HackBoy

Silent
Posted (edited)

Just to give it a bit more coverage, yesterday I've launched a blog about mods + more:

https://cookieplmonster.github.io/

Any info about SP and other mods will still be posted here as usual, but also expect information to be centralized in this one place at some point! Hopefully will be helpful for those who want to catch up with what's going on but don't feel like looking for information, which so far is spread all over the place.

EDIT:

RSS feed should appear soon, I need to figure it out first =)

Edited by Silent

eagle152

Are yoy interested in looking into how the rampages are handled? The thing is - if you set rampage weapon type as 49,50 or 52, rampages do not work, i.e.kills are not counted (although in case of drive-by rampage, you'll get the proper weapon - micro uzi).

Silent

Are yoy interested in looking into how the rampages are handled? The thing is - if you set rampage weapon type as 49,50 or 52, rampages do not work, i.e.kills are not counted (although in case of drive-by rampage, you'll get the proper weapon - micro uzi).

I vaguely remember having to fix those for VCSPC... I am sure they work in III and VC, though.

eagle152

ah yes, they work in III and VC, but not in SA though, although maybe Rockstar never really intended to have them working.

Silent

Yeah, I believe so. I can take a look at it, but not for r29 (since it's 99% ready for release and I just need to find a few hours to prepare everything for release).

𝙲olby
Posted (edited)

Heres a bit of an odd oversight from R*, if a car uses tertiary and quaternary colours and is given a paintjob, only primary and secondary are set to white.

Examples: Truths camper, and certain custom cars.

Edited by 𝙲olby

SilverRST

Heres a bit of an odd oversight from R*, if a car uses tertiary and quaternary colours and is given a paintjob, only primary and secondary are set to white.

Examples: Truths camper, and certain custom cars.

What is that custom cars? Where can I download them? Looks nice.

B Dawg

Who the hell designed the windows for that modified Uranus?

𝙲olby

What is that custom cars? Where can I download them? Looks nice.

It's the Zircond DX from Crack Yo' Necks workshop

Junior_Djjr
Posted (edited)

Just to give it a bit more coverage, yesterday I've launched a blog about mods + more:

https://cookieplmonster.github.io/

I would love to see technical articles there :inlove: I always wanted something like this related to modding (and not just GTA). Nice that "know your dlls" article.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Silent
Posted (edited)

What's up? It's been over a year since a patch for GTA San Andreas and nearly two years since a patch for III and Vice City were updated!

However, today is the day where all three of them receive an update at the same time! These releases also celebrate the 4th anniversary of SilentPatchSA, which was first announced on 27.04.2014.

Without further ado, here are all the changes introduced in new releases:

GTA III

• FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING flag has been removed from IMG reading functions - speeding up streaming
  • Alt+F4 now works properly
  • Some car panels now are detached after car's explosion (like they were meant to be but the code forcibly fixed them immediately after damaging)
  • Metric-to-imperial conversion constants have been replaced with more accurate ones
  • Pathfinding for cars chasing the player has been improved (most notably, it may result in 'Bait' being much more playable)
  • All censorships from German and French versions of the game have been removed
  • Bombs in cars stored in garages now save properly
  • Fixed an issue which would cause games to freeze if III/VC/SA were running at the same time
  • Car generator counters now work properly for generators with fixed amount of spawns
  • Keyboard input latency decreased by one frame
GTA Vice City

• FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING flag has been removed from IMG reading functions - speeding up streaming
  • Alt+F4 now works properly
  • Some car panels now are detached after car's explosion (like they were meant to be but the code forcibly fixed them immediately after damaging)
  • Metric-to-imperial conversion constants have been replaced with more accurate ones
  • Pathfinding for cars chasing the player has been improved
  • All censorships from German and French versions of the game have been removed
  • Fixed an issue which would cause games to freeze if III/VC/SA were running at the same time
  • Car generator counters now work properly for generators with fixed amount of spawns
  • Extras on bikes now behave correctly, following bike lean and not floating in air

GTA San Andreas

Aside from fixes listed below, it's worth to mention that this release removes several features -- namely, two pass rendering and NVC shader are both gone.

If you still want to continue using those, try SkyGfx -- it provides both features and they are far superior to my implementations.

As for fixes:

• Several vehicles now have extra animated components: Phoenix hood scoops, Sweeper brushes, Newsvan antenna, radars on several boats, extra flaps on Stuntplane and Beagle
  • Animated engine components on Bandito, BF Injection and Hotknife will not animate if the engine is off
  • Fixed a crash occuring when the vending machine was continuously used for an extended period of time
  • `FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING` flag has been removed from IMG reading functions - speeding up streaming
  • Fixed a streaming related deadlock, which could occasionally result in game being stuck on black screen when entering or exiting interiors (this is the issue people used to fix by setting CPU affinity to one core)
  • Fixed a glitch where random cars would end up being impounded to garage, replacing player's vehicles
  • Very long loading times will now loop loading screens, as opposed to fading to white
  • Sun reflections on peds and vehicles now change direction depending on time of day, like in III and VC (can be toggled on/off; DISABLED by default)
  • Dancing minigame timings have been improved, now they do not lose accuracy over time depending on PC's uptime
  • Car generators placed in interiors are now placed correctly - this 'unhides' two vehicles in Madd Dogg's mansion, which were always there but they were not visible
  • Streaming has been greatly improved during Supply Lines mission (or more general, any time when using an RC vehicle) - it now behaves as expected, as opposed to displaying LODs way too quickly
  • Health triangle displaying when aiming at peds is now properly orientated (it's now upside down) for peds player can recruit
  • Setting a BMX on fire will not set CJ on fire anymore

Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD HERE

Edited by Silent

kkjj

Why removed NVC shader and Dual Pass Rendering...

What happens to those who don't use Skygfx?

edups

Because as he said,the ones implemented in SkyGFX are far superior to his implementations.People not using SkyGFX should simply install it,then configure it to look like stock PC.

4Arty

maybe because of renderhook? these two things incompatible with it

edups
Posted (edited)

[cut]

Uhm,the link takes me to GTAGarage,where there are no links?What is going on? Edited by Silent

goodidea82

"Download" points to "GtaGarage" points to "GtaForums" points to dead links (both standard SA and for FLA are dead links).

Btw, I haven't used SkyGFX. If it needs to be configured to give me stock PC look, it would be great if someone can provide the config. That config could be included in SilentPatch. Since SilentPatch removes a feature, it would make sense to include the "fix" for bringing it back.

Thanks for this work!

Razor_BladePL
Posted (edited)

Are people seriously that lazy, thay cant even look into the ini? What is this madness.

Edited by Razor_BladePL

The Hero

The config is also included in SkyGFX.

Silent

Check the OP again. GTAGarage decided to f*ck me over by flagging all downloads as viruses, so I had to quickly migrate every link to aap's server... now should be fine!

f*ck GTAGarage.

B_Smiles

Check the OP again. GTAGarage decided to f*ck me over by flagging all downloads as viruses, so I had to quickly migrate every link to aap's server... now should be fine!

f*ck GTAGarage.

Yaay.

Also, is there a reason the brightness setting in III keeps resetting to maximum? Can that be silentpatch'd too, or is it something else causing it?

I.E loading / new game - brightness level at max (horrible)

even when you lower the setting to around half or less, it'll reset as soon as you close the game and restart (even after saving)

Silent

Yes, this version is now fully FLA-friendly, so there's no separate download.

santosvagos

do i have to start a new game after installing new version of Silent patch ?? I got FLA , extended gang war , some cleo scripts and the previous version of Silent patch

Silent

No, you never had to do so.