Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,018 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Silent

SilentPatch

Silent

SURPRISE! SilentPatch for Bully: Scholarship Edition now released in public beta!

https://github.com/CookiePLMonster/SilentPatchBully/releases

Fixes included:

• Crashes occuring on Windows 10 (and potentially on Windows 8.1 and other systems) have been fixed
  • Collision loading has been improved, fixing occasional crashes on initial game load
  • Frame Limiter has been made much more precise, so the game should lock at exactly 30FPS now (as opposed to stock limiter being prone to dropping frames a lot)
  • An option to change FPS cap has been added to SilentPatchBully.ini file (game defaults to 30FPS)
  • FILE_FLAG_NO_BUFFERING flag has been removed from IMG reading functions - potentially speeding up streaming

cabron-jon
Posted (edited)

SURPRISE! SilentPatch for Bully: Scholarship Edition now released in public beta!

yVI7Ip8.jpg

Edited by cabron-jon

4Arty
Posted (edited)

any information about future sa releases?

Edited by 4Arty

Silent

any information about future sa releases?

no

Marsi4eg
Posted (edited)

OMG, I uninstalled Bully recently, but I'm really curious how smooth it will play now. Will install again.

Is there any version restrictions? I'm on retail dvd.

Edited by Marsi4eg

Silent

Only 1.200 is supported.

Marsi4eg

Nothing to say. It works and it's smooth. Thank you!

Setting FPS limit to 60 adds the same physics glitches as other gta games (smaller vehicle/bike inertia)

Offtopic:

Do someone know how to fix this shame?

389d5414b151t.jpg

Editing cars values in \objects\default.ide has no effect at all.

TheticalFlyer97

Don’t know if this has been reported/fixed already but…

"This video will showcase some interesting secret dialogue when you run over a pedestrian with a Quadbike while having someone sitting next to CJ.

Unfortunately, though - this feature is completely broken. When using any car or any bike to run over a pedestrian (while having a storyline/freeroam character sitting next to you), no dialogue is played out. It will only activate with a Quadbike.”

Davve95
Posted (edited)

SA: This needs to be confirmed. I don't know if it have to do because I have a modded police helicopter. But anyway: When you're shooting a rocket launcher at the police heli and it seems like it can go through the heli without getting it blown up.

Another thing:

Don't know if it can be fixed but the police helicopters are driving into each other aswell. Maybe they aren't synced enough just...

Edited by Davve95

BlackScout
Posted (edited)

LET'S ASK TWICE. MAYBE THIS TIME... HMM.

__

Obligatory part of the post that makes it not get removed (or does it ?)

I was following the Bully SP progress in the Discord. Great job Silent. dat open source tho :V

Edited by BlackScout

Silent

So turns out a tiny bug (updating state after game has processed it and not before) made keyboard inputs have one frame latency more than needed! Swapped literally three lines of code around and now reactions to keyboard input should be a bit faster :D

Mouse (stock and RawMouse) and gamepad (stock and GInput) were all unaffected by this.

SilverRST
Posted (edited)

So turns out a tiny bug (updating state after game has processed it and not before) made keyboard inputs have one frame latency more than needed! Swapped literally three lines of code around and now reactions to keyboard input should be a bit faster :D

Mouse (stock and RawMouse) and gamepad (stock and GInput) were all unaffected by this.

Good, crush that damn bug! Bugs may never touch cookies, especially fresh baked!

But what am I missing here, keypresses reacted slow? Never had that happening or I was and am too excited to go on rampage in SA.

Edited by SilverRST

j7n

I just beat Eight Track with Silent Patch installed. Feels like I got a new computer. Was not going to attempt this hard mission again. Maybe should try dancing next. Nah.

I noticed two issues. Vehicles have increased contrast. Maybe other parts of the environment too, but I am not sure. I like how my cars look at night, exciting like in Christmas. But during daytime white vehicles are over-exposed, for example the roof of an ambulance or police car. Is this how the brightness is supposed to be? My visual quality is set to low if that matters. I see there are some notes about 6 lights, but only on high.

I cannot restore the game in SAMP after minimizing, which may happen by accident, or if I want to make some notes during playing. The sound plays, I hear footsteps of my character, can /quit, but no picture. With SilentPatch renamed, game always restores. I removed other mods, and tested with patch alone. Does anybody know if this is fixable? I heard other players can't restore, but I don't know what patches they may have.

Wesser
Posted (edited)

If you carry up a vehicle by a car packer, a flatbed truck/wagon or any moving object, wheels spin relative to the actual vehicle speed and not to the velocity of the entity they are in contact with. Although physics-related bugs are likely to be a brain teaser when trying to sort them out, such an issue is soluble with ease. SilentPatch may absorb this (unreleased) script fix. :^:

Edited by Wesser

SHIFAAH9

~snip~

Confirmed

Silent

If you carry up a vehicle by a car packer, a flatbed truck/wagon or any moving object, wheels spin relative to the actual vehicle speed and not to the velocity of the entity they are in contact with. Although physics-related bugs are likely to be a brain teaser when trying to sort them out, such an issue is soluble with ease. SilentPatch may absorb this (unreleased) script fix. :^:

Interesting! Does the link expire? I'll take a quick look at it soon.

Marsi4eg
Posted (edited)

Wow, almost 13 years of spinning wheels.

Looks like the physics of vehicles parked on other's top now a bit more accurate. Or maybe it's a placebo. I see attached vehicles now don't change angle when main vehicle does long right or left turns, but remains straight. Maybe because now the game completely 'thinks' that carried vehicle is stopped instead of driving at full speed like was before fix, so it's more easy to not lose a car now

Edited by Marsi4eg

Wesser
Posted (edited)

Interesting! Does the link expire? I'll take a quick look at it soon.

The link lasts forever (as Basic Dropbox users are unable to set an expiration date). You can take your time. :)

Looks like the physics of vehicles parked on other's top now a bit more accurate.

It's kinda placebo, changes are merely cosmetic until proven otherwise. Edited by Wesser

Marsi4eg
Posted (edited)

Looks like the physics of vehicles parked on other's top now a bit more accurate.

It's kinda placebo, changes are merely cosmetic until proven otherwise.

Re-tested without your fix and it was placebo indeed :)

===

I've tried dancing mini game recently (with current stable silentpatch), and noticed that buttons move not smoothly, but with some stuttering, also you need to press a button later than actual music temp (button reaches center of round shape a bit later than it should). Maybe it's also related to frame times. Is it real to make dancing games more accurate?

EDIT:

Additionally, tried this on PS2 (PCSX2, pal SA) and it's the same way inaccurate with sound beat but buttons move really smoothly. But I needed to change refresh rate of my monitor from 60 to 50 hz. With 60 hz buttons move with the same stuttering as on PC now.

On real PS2 it's also smooth in 50 hz.

Looks like the code left in PC version is from pal ps2 so it's stuttering on 60/30 fps

Edited by Marsi4eg

Blackbird88

If you have Nvidia GPU are you on latest drivers?

Marsi4eg
Posted (edited)

Latest, of course. It does not depend on drivers

Edited by Marsi4eg

Ash_735

If you're playing a PAL copy then of course you're going to get frame stutters since it's designed for 25fps/50Hz and playing at 60Hz causing improper frame pacing.

Marsi4eg
Posted (edited)

What are you talking about? What PAL copy? I'm talking about pc game with current silentpatch.

EDIT:

Oh I got it, looks like my own editings broke the sense of the message. Re-edited it, sorry

Edited by Marsi4eg

Blackbird88

It did. I had that lag before and it got fixed by driver update.

ThirteenAG

It did. I had that lag before and it got fixed by driver update.

Are you using a Registered DownLoad?

Silent
Posted (edited)

I mentioned that issue a while ago, it's related to high uptime of your pc. Reboot.

I haven't tried it yet but with the latest keyboard input changes it should be even better to play when using keyboard.

Edited by Silent

Marsi4eg
Posted (edited)

Uptime is 2 days, but okay I'll reboot now.

EDIT:

You were right. Buttons move smoothly after reboot. Weird

Edited by Marsi4eg

Silent

It's already fixed in r29 so you'll either want to wait or grab a test build ;-)

Marsi4eg
Posted (edited)

Excuse me but where can I grab it? There are only SPs for Bully and Godfather on your git. Is it on discord channel?

UPD:

Nevermind, found it :)

Edited by Marsi4eg