2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Silent

SilentPatch

Silent

Not for another three weeks, as I can't do any development in here atm.

George Costanza

My game doesn't seem to be doing it anymore as i replaced the path nodes with the ntsc ps2 ones.

But everyfile in data\paths is same (except for flight2 from 1.4 PAL) (and paths in ide files are same)

Edited by Tomasak

B_Smiles

My game doesn't seem to be doing it anymore as i replaced the path nodes with the ntsc ps2 ones.

But everyfile in data\paths is same (except for flight2 from 1.4 PAL) (and paths in ide files are same)

I mean the dff pathnodes inside the img. I'll send them to you both when i get home

Edited by B_Smiles

FlyingSligGuard

But Vice City has some songs removed from some radio stations and San Andreas has the same issue, isn't? I know that Vice City is fixable with VBDec and San Andreas with the downgrader, but I'm only pointing out that Vice City on Steam isn't the same version as retail DVD. For GTA3, yeah, they are the same thing between Steam and retail DVD, excluding a few details/features between versions.

Yeah, totally forgot that Vice City on Steam has some songs removed. Well, you can copy them over from a disc image you can find on the internet if it bothers you. Anyway, my Steam copy is somehow uncut.

That's because no songs were removed from Steam. Those songs were only removed from the mobile version, not the Steam version. Here's a MD5 check on the radio files of both retail an Steam versions.

GIR24El.png

(files on top are from Steam, bottom ones extracted from CD2 of Vice City retail)

I bought the game on Steam in 2014, two years after they supposedly removed the songs.

As you can see, the radio files are exactly the same on both versions.

fabioxds

My question may be a bit off-topic but I think this is the perfect place to ask:

I'm pretty confident on C/C++ Windows programming and have a basic assembly language knowledge and I would really love to create some native asi mods but I never modded for GTA before. Yeah, I know that asi are just dll files, this is easy.

The real thing is:

What do you guys think is the best way to learn GTA San Andreas modding from the ground up? I mean, are there any resources from where we could learn things like how the game engine works, function and data address, file formats etc? You know, stuff that could save a lot of time from the trial and error approach when learning something new.

Edited by fabioxds

Grinch_

My question may be a bit off-topic but I think this is the perfect place to ask:

I'm pretty confident on C/C++ Windows programming and have a basic assembly language knowledge and I would really love to create some native asi mods but I never modded for GTA before. Yeah, I know that asi are just dll files, this is easy.

The real thing is:

What do you guys think is the best way to learn GTA San Andreas modding from the ground up? I mean, are there any resources from where we could learn things like how the game engine works, function and data address, file formats etc? You know, stuff that could save a lot of time from the trial and error approach when learning something new.

Well,I think you mean to learn the GTA part of programming right?Rather than learning C/C++ fully you just wanna learn those parts which are necessary for GTA modding.But bro the language you are using to make mods .asi or any other type.If you dont have clrar concept about all its functions then In my personal thinking that you wont be able to do things eventually.Even if you do manage that your mods wont be up to the standards.And techniqually to make your mod you will require almost most of the coding knowledge to make a decent mod eventually. Edited by Inan-Ahammad

gts.

But Vice City has some songs removed from some radio stations and San Andreas has the same issue, isn't? I know that Vice City is fixable with VBDec and San Andreas with the downgrader, but I'm only pointing out that Vice City on Steam isn't the same version as retail DVD. For GTA3, yeah, they are the same thing between Steam and retail DVD, excluding a few details/features between versions.

Yeah, totally forgot that Vice City on Steam has some songs removed. Well, you can copy them over from a disc image you can find on the internet if it bothers you. Anyway, my Steam copy is somehow uncut.

That's because no songs were removed from Steam. Those songs were only removed from the mobile version, not the Steam version. Here's a MD5 check on the radio files of both retail an Steam versions.

GIR24El.png

(files on top are from Steam, bottom ones extracted from CD2 of Vice City retail)

I bought the game on Steam in 2014, two years after they supposedly removed the songs.

Oops, sorry. I got confused. Then, the only versions with removed songs are the Mobile and PS4 release. I thought Steam was suffered the same thing with an update.

LaDiDa

Well, Steams VC should have some songs removed, most notable ones would be Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" & "Billie Jean".

zanesix

https://kotaku.com/5961458/grand-theft-auto-vice-city-removed-from-steam-over-music-licensing

So apparently the game was removed from Steam, and then re-added with removed songs. Those who purchased it before they were removed still have the songs, while the people who bought it after have the cut radio stations. They act as 2 separate uploads, unlike GTA SA where you're f*cked either way since they updated the 1 upload to have the cut radio stations.

gts.

Damn, then I'm right. Steam's Vice City has the same songs removed as Mobile and PS4 releases.

Also, reading FlyingSligGuard's post, he bought VC in 2014, two years after Mobile release, then R* (or Sony?) launched the trilogy on PS4 with removed songs just as the mobile version, and finally Steam version did the same thing but I'm not sure if it was before PS4 release though. Just to match the mobile version.

Inadequate

Enough off-topic with this VC/SA cut songs sh*t. Everybody knows that the GTA trilogy in Steam is just sh*t except for GTA3. The recommended thing is to buy the retail DVD version, or at least downgrade the Steam version or you will have a bad time very broken game.

George Costanza

Enough off-topic with this VC/SA cut songs sh*t. Everybody knows that the GTA trilogy in Steam is just sh*t except for GTA3. The recommended thing is to buy the retail DVD version, or at least downgrade the Steam version or you will have a bad time very broken game.

someone forgot about black cars bug.

Jinx.

BOO HOO MUH DVD COPY IS GETTING IGNORED

Even though I use one, it's anyone's choice to use the Steam version or not. We can say the same about PS2 purists just playing the game on PCSX2 instead of making the PC version 1:1 to that (and by 1:1 I mean the LQer textures and poor DD too), knowing that the PC version is bugged, but do you see anyone complain about it? Nope. So stop being an e-policeman about this.

Edited by Jinx.

gts.

someone forgot about black cars bug.

That's true. At least that's easy to fix and not the whole game as VC and SA. :p

George Costanza

what's more broken about VC? Only the save incompatibility is wrong about it. Actually iirc they fixed crosshair accuracy on widescreen.

gts.

I'm not talking about Steam version only, is about all versions, PC and Steam. Both are broken as hell, VC and SA of course. GTA3 is fine in both platforms excepting a few details. But, anyway enough off-topic with this.

The Eddo

Found a bug in VC SilentPatch:

Melee weapons bought from the hardware stores get forcibly replaced by other melee weapons when I walk into a pickup.

Any fix for this?

Edited by The Eddo

B_Smiles

Found a bug in VC SilentPatch:

Melee weapons bought from the hardware stores get forcibly replaced by other melee weapons when I walk into a pickup.

Any fix for this?

Nothing to do with silentpatch m8. Silly game bug. (Has katana, accedentally walks over nitestick, picks it up)

Silent

While it's not a bug in SilentPatch it's kind of a valid issue... I fixed those in the last release but basing on what you're saying, weapons spanwed from SCM have the same issue.

(Has katana, accedentally walks over nitestick, picks it up)

This exact thing was fixed in the last release ;)

The Eddo

weapons spanwed from SCM have the same issue.

That sounds like a job for...

SILENTNL! :lol::D

Edited by The Eddo

spaceeinstein

I feel like hacking the CPed::GiveWeapon function can solve that. Anytime the game passes an ammo count of 0, you change it to 1.

Inadequate

That sounds like a job for...

SILENTNL! :lol::D

lmao, he's using my fake name for @Silent.

Silent

I feel like hacking the CPed::GiveWeapon function can solve that. Anytime the game passes an ammo count of 0, you change it to 1.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm gonna do, but most likely only for the call from script processor - since the other calls are kind of bound not to have zero ammo (other than cheat calls but those are already corrected).

atazs

GIR24El.png

There is a song removed from the PC version that is present in the PS2.

Edited by atazs

Gummy 

We can say the same about PS2 purists just playing the game on PCSX2

People actually do that?

zanesix

I remember seeing a post about someone refusing to use widescreen fix because the PS2 version didn't have it.

So yeah, they exist.

George Costanza

fun fact: PS2 and PC has different hud placement.

gts.

But only a little bit, isn't?

George Costanza

more than enough
WJM6GRV.png

gts.

But this is due to the PS2 resolution against the PC version? I'm supposing just like the Hydra's lockon on SA. But anyway, isn't a game breaking issue, only a platform difference (one more time).