Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,113 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Silent

SilentPatch

Silent

Edit: Forgot to mention another glitch I have been experiencing when loading my saved games (its not so frequent, seems random): the screen just turns black after loading and the game freezes, and the only solution is to press crtl+alt+del to logoff, does anyone have a clue why? If I try loading the savegame after doing that, everything works fine.

Frame Limiter off?

The vending crash - would be cool if somebody managed to reproduce that, since it sounds like a valid issue.

Edited by Silent

fabioxds

Edit: Forgot to mention another glitch I have been experiencing when loading my saved games (its not so frequent, seems random): the screen just turns black after loading and the game freezes, and the only solution is to press crtl+alt+del to logoff, does anyone have a clue why? If I try loading the savegame after doing that, everything works fine.

Frame Limiter off?

The vending crash - would be cool if somebody managed to reproduce that, since it sounds like a valid issue.

I always play with frame limiter on, and the same thing happened again yesterday, after exiting the Mulholland safe house, the screen faded as usual (after the black screen nothing happens) but the inner ambient sound didn't stop, the game seems to freeze at this point because I can't switch back to Windows..

Edited by fabioxds

Silent

I noticed streaming sometimes dies upon this event but haven't been able to pinpoint an exact cause for this.

About this vending machine crash, how long does it take to trigger it?

EDIT:

I bought over 120 snacks... and nothing :/

Edited by Silent

fabioxds

Well, here is what I did: Started a new game, went to that 24-7 store in Los Santos where you have the bicycle missions , went to the snack vending machine, put some weight on my F key, then went doing something else, I'm 100% sure that the game will crash (did it 3 times) before the fat bar reachs the max. Yeah, you have to be patient...

Edited by fabioxds

iiCriminnaaL 49

I don't know if this point fits to be added in SilentPatch or no, but I guess if there'll be an update in future, it should include a fix so pedestrians will burn when they walk on fire, as in GTA SA, pedestrians can walk on fire like if it doesn't exist (only CJ burns when he walks on fire), they only burn when CJ (or whoever else) fires them by himself.

Edited by Kane49

Silent

I actually reproduced the vending crash... Interesting, but can only analyze it next month.

radiosilents

Quick question, hoping someone has an easy fix.

I've been running a modded version of SA for a while; Retail 1.0 CD, Hoodie's gta_sa.exe, SilentPatch, 13AG's widescreen fix, GInput, Silent's ASI loader... everything has been working perfectly for well over a year. Blissful. I was running it on an ASUS T100 and having a fine time as long as I turned the details down low.

Just picked up a quad-core i5 running Win10 64bit, moved my whole modded SA folder over, booted it up eager to jump back in... and a bunch of things are not functioning properly now. The widescreen patch isn't working, the controller support wasn't working at first but then without my tweaking anything suddenly started started working after a relaunch of the game... is this a Win10 thing? Should I do a clean install and readd all the mods? Is there a quick fix?

EDIT: Looks like III and VC work just fine, done exactly the same way - I just moved my modded folders over to the new PC and everything works (mods and all) as they did before. Weird?

Edited by radiosilents

Marsi4eg

It's not a Win10 thing (at least out of creators update, I haven't got it yet). Check if all files were moved correctly, check all dll files related to asi loader

Silent

Also install DirectX End User Runtimes - they aren't here on a clean install.

Ghost Pulaski

Is it possible to ONLY have the 30 fps patched, without any other things?

George Costanza

1. turn off frame limiter

2. force half adaptive v-sync in graphics card control panel
3. ???

4. profit

LaDiDa

Why would you not want your game to be running as it should be though? :whistle:

Ghost Pulaski

If I turn off the Frame Limiter and use an external frame limiter (besides, V-Sync would make my game run at 120 fps) the game will lag for a second or two when starting or passing a mission. Even if I set it to 25 fps.

Silent

What's wrong with the other things?

MaTeeeS

Is it possible to fix issues with FPS? Can be FPS limit applied only to physics, without render limiting??

Spek7or

Is it possible to fix issues with FPS? Can be FPS limit applied only to physics, without render limiting??

I use "CLEO FPS Adjuster" by gtaloconbest98.

Marsi4eg

If it was possible - it would be fixed already. Every page of this topic contains the same questions about fps issues :dozing:

Ghost Pulaski

There's nothing wrong with the other things, it's just that I like to make videos but I don't want any mods in them. And if I were to use a plugin or script to make the game smoother (30 instead of 25 fps), I would want it to be ONLY that, and not any other things.

B Dawg

They're not really 'mods', but rather fixes, to make the game play as it was actually intended (but R* were lazy with the PC port).

Edited by B Dawg

LaDiDa

Haha, good luck making a video of a game that has the potential to crash/freeze on it's own without any weird terms or conditions D:

Edited by LaDiDa

Ash_735

There's nothing wrong with the other things, it's just that I like to make videos but I don't want any mods in them. And if I were to use a plugin or script to make the game smoother (30 instead of 25 fps), I would want it to be ONLY that, and not any other things.

But technically the 30fps fix IS a mod if you count bug fixing mods.

Ghost Pulaski

But technically the 30fps fix IS a mod if you count bug fixing mods.

I just want the game to run smoother :D

kryyptyyk

Sorry if this question as either been answered or belongs in a different thread, but: I've read that the classic GTA Trilogy games are not worth buying via Steam (I do have the Trilogy on dvd-rom but I built a new PC /same hdd and same dvd-r drive) but the dvd drive won't read (only music discs, dvds will lock up the entire system and try to load forever) so I was tempted to just buy them via Steam to have them digitally... 9 of 10 people say avoid GTA Trilogy on Windows 10 x64 Pro... I thought I'd bring it up here because I'm guessing you lot are far more intelligent about it than the regular Steam joker crowd. Thanks in advance!

With my new powerhouse PC build, I would love to reinstall GTA 3 and mod the crap out of it... but instead I get to stare at all of my physical PC games and only dream, until I can figure out why my dvd drive is going retardo.

Claude_Lib

Steam versions of GTA III and Vice City are just the same as their retail versions, so you only have to replace the executable with No-CDs and you're good to go. As for San Andreas, there is a solution: http://gtaforums.com/topic/753764-san-andreas-downgrader/.

gts.

But Vice City has some songs removed from some radio stations and San Andreas has the same issue, isn't? I know that Vice City is fixable with VBDec and San Andreas with the downgrader, but I'm only pointing out that Vice City on Steam isn't the same version as retail DVD. For GTA3, yeah, they are the same thing between Steam and retail DVD, excluding a few details/features between versions.

Edited by gts.

Claude_Lib

Yeah, totally forgot that Vice City on Steam has some songs removed. Well, you can copy them over from a disc image you can find on the internet if it bothers you. Anyway, my Steam copy is somehow uncut.

Silent

I'd actually keep III as is as this Steam version has fixes instead of regressions.

B_Smiles

Silent, has there been any progress regarding GTAIII's bugged ped pathfinding? (you know, where they all stop walking and just stand there in their idle animations for hours on end)

Silent

Oh good point... I recall this but no one ever shared any details on this. Is that documented anywhere?

B_Smiles

Oh good point... I recall this but no one ever shared any details on this. Is that documented anywhere?

I don't even know actually. All i know is that all the peds (even gangs) stop walking around the streets after a while. My game doesn't seem to be doing it anymore as i replaced the path nodes with the ntsc ps2 ones. Although they do still spawn in weird places like on the roof of punk noodles in chinatown, or up a tree lol. I probably could attempt to record some footage. Could i send them to you for testing?