2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
mariana_dm1989

Paleto Forest Discussion

El Penguin Bobo
9 minutes ago, darksats said:

i think you had played gta v first. thats why you appreciate the forest. i have played so many open world games like witcher 3, far cry, skyrim , assasins creed and they have very very big forests that i get lost in and they feel immersive, mysterious and creepy. this  is the only game where the forests are unbelievably small for me and many people.

No, I haven't played GTA V first. Been a huge fan of the franchise before the fifth main title came out.

It all comes down to feels to certain people. You feel like it's small, I feel like that it feels big even with the limitations.

TheSantader25
26 minutes ago, darksats said:

Did you ever played gta san andreas? if you have played it then what you have played first gta v or gta san andreas?

GTA San Andreas is better than GTA V by a mile IMO. But V is pretty good as well. 

El Penguin Bobo
17 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

GTA San Andreas is better than GTA V by a mile IMO. But V is pretty good as well. 

I personally thought V was the better game, but that's just me.

Anyways, let's not turn this into an endless GTA battle because looking back at the other pages, it's looking pretty bad and we're supposed to be talking about forests, lol.

Edited by El Penguin Bobo

Equatecurl
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

Yes and I'd rather they released GTA IV in 2010 so they could add all the features many people wanted and were present in San Andreas. They had a new engine and obviously needed more time but guess what? It's not possible cause this is business and there are deadlines. 

Ok cool bro

Mastah
11 hours ago, darksats said:

i think you had played gta v first. thats why you appreciate the forest. i have played so many open world games like witcher 3, far cry, skyrim , assasins creed and they have very very big forests that i get lost in and they feel immersive, mysterious and creepy. this  is the only game where the forests are unbelievably small for me and many people.

Cool story, bro. Do these games also feature very, very big selection of vehicles to use? Because it's almost as if games you mentioned are set either in ancient times or/and rural areas, while Grand Theft Auto prioritise using a vehicle, so naturally all places must have road access.

Official General
On 6/13/2019 at 9:52 AM, El Penguin Bobo said:

No, I haven't played GTA V first. Been a huge fan of the franchise before the fifth main title came out.

It all comes down to feels to certain people. You feel like it's small, I feel like that it feels big even with the limitations.

I wish had your copy then, because to me Paleto Forest feels nothing like a proper forest. It's a bunch of closely clustered large trees with all kinds of roads and paths cutting through it and a sawmill bang in the middle. Not a forest to me at all. Tall Tress in Red Dead Redemption (1) ? Now yes, that's a PROPER forest, and it felt that way too. 

16 hours ago, Mastah said:

Cool story, bro. Do these games also feature very, very big selection of vehicles to use? Because it's almost as if games you mentioned are set either in ancient times or/and rural areas, while Grand Theft Auto prioritise using a vehicle, so naturally all places must have road access.

Not necessarily. It does not mean that Rockstar could have created that and a wild forest environment that reflected true wilderness with no man-made intrusions. They did in San Andreas and RDR, so why not in GTA V ? Excuses don't cut it for me, it was down to poor game design in my eyes, it's as simple as that. 

TheSantader25

Oh here we go again... 

JC_HUMBLE

I don't think is fair to compared a 1899/1911 forest with the one that takes place in 2013...

Official General
36 minutes ago, JC_HUMBLE said:

I don't think is fair to compared a 1899/1911 forest with the one that takes place in 2013...

LOl you're not serious are you ? You do realise that even in 2019 that there are still large tracts of remote, wild forest in Southern California ?? In fact the whole US still has a lot remote wilderness, not as much as before, but still a lot. 

TheSantader25

I personally don't think the Paleto Forest is designed for the player to get lost in. I feel like it's simply there to expand the biome variety of the map with the help of Mount Chiliad State Wilderness. Not to say it's a bad thing but it's just that I don't feel like R* even intended for it to serve that purpose. Whereas I feel like the San Andreas/RDR forests seem to be strategically designed for wandering around. 

Edited by TheSantader25

JC_HUMBLE
11 minutes ago, Official General said:

LOl you're not serious are you ? You do realise that even in 2019 that there are still large tracts of remote, wild forest in Southern California ?? In fact the whole US still has a lot remote wilderness, not as much as before, but still a lot. 

That's not the premise of the game. It's Grand Theft Auto. Even animals and hunting felt force, they just did it for RDR fanservice.

Xiled

Biggest thing isn't the trees, it's the highway that splits the forest part in half. 

Official General
4 hours ago, JC_HUMBLE said:

That's not the premise of the game. It's Grand Theft Auto. Even animals and hunting felt force, they just did it for RDR fanservice.

Bullsh*t, that's just an excuse to me. The only way I see it is that it was down to poor game design. If you're fine with being given something that is not fully being what it is described to be, then great - it's your prerogative and your right. However, I am not. 

Luckily I can use mods to correct the lack of a true forest. 

Edited by Official General

billiejoearmstrong8

Honestly they just shouldn't have called that area of the map Paleto Forest. When you take that whole area around Mount Chiliad into account there's a fair amount of wilderness and forest type area. But singling out that small area of trees (plus a lot of other stuff between the trees) and calling it a forest needlessly made that area seem inadequate and not live up to its name. Just should've been included in the surrounding areas.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Mastah
6 hours ago, Official General said:

Not necessarily. It does not mean that Rockstar could have created that and a wild forest environment that reflected true wilderness with no man-made intrusions. They did in San Andreas and RDR, so why not in GTA V ? Excuses don't cut it for me, it was down to poor game design in my eyes, it's as simple as that. 

What's poor game design for you, may be good design for others. I'm sure I said it before that personally I'd put highway in Paleto Forest through a tunnel, but it's not a big deal for me, because it's Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Hiking Trip. Vehicle access must have priority, even if it's dirt roads.

Equatecurl
9 hours ago, JC_HUMBLE said:

Whens the last time you’ve left the city

JC_HUMBLE
8 minutes ago, Equatecurl said:

Whens the last time you’ve left the city

Ironically I live in a rural zone I'm no city man.

4 hours ago, Official General said:

Bullsh*t, that's just an excuse to me. The only way I see it is that it was down to poor game design. If you're fine with being given something that is not fully being what it is described to be, then great - it's your prerogative and your right. However, I am not. 

Luckily I can use mods to correct the lack of a true forest. 

I'm just trying to say R* is not forced to put big land of wilderness "where you can get lost" in a crime game but if they do it in a near future they're more than welcome, I'm not gonna bitch about it...

Official General
2 hours ago, Mastah said:

What's poor game design for you, may be good design for others. I'm sure I said it before that personally I'd put highway in Paleto Forest through a tunnel, but it's not a big deal for me, because it's Grand Theft Auto, not Grand Hiking Trip. Vehicle access must have priority, even if it's dirt roads.

LOL look at what you are saying. Not Grand Theft Hiking Trip ? Then why the ton of mountains on the map with all that high altitude scenery ? Why the trailer showing hiking trips in the mountain forests ? It is clear that to some degree Rockstar wanted us to explore the delights of the map's wilderness areas, so yeah hiking would have figured in that. 

10 minutes ago, JC_HUMBLE said:

I'm just trying to say R* is not forced to put big land of wilderness "where you can get lost" in a crime game but if they do it in a near future they're more than welcome, I'm not gonna bitch about it...

Criticism does not always equate to b*tchin' just so you know. I have no reason to b*tch as I use mods to fix many things I don't like in V. 

JC_HUMBLE
2 hours ago, Official General said:

Criticism does not always equate to b*tchin' just so you know. I have no reason to b*tch as I use mods to fix many things I don't like in V. 

Good for you 

Equatecurl
3 hours ago, JC_HUMBLE said:

So wtf are you talking about

JC_HUMBLE
7 minutes ago, Equatecurl said:

So wtf are you talking about

What I'm talking about?  I'm just making an opinion, no need to get defensive... End of discussion.

TheSantader25
7 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Honestly they just shouldn't have called that area of the map Paleto Forest. When you take that whole area around Mount Chiliad into account there's a fair amount of wilderness and forest type area. But singling out that small area of trees (plus a lot of other stuff between the trees) and calling it a forest needlessly made that area seem inadequate and not live up to its name. Just should've been included in the surrounding areas.

Mount Chiliad State Wilderness is more of a forest to be honest in comparison to the Paleto Forest. 

El Penguin Bobo
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

Mount Chiliad State Wilderness is more of a forest to be honest in comparison to the Paleto Forest. 

Was that what the place was called? I kept getting lose there with the waterfall and sh*t when my vehicle gets destroyed/ditched. I haven't memorized the map well enough, haha.

TheSantader25
6 minutes ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

Was that what the place was called? I kept getting lose there with the waterfall and sh*t when my vehicle gets destroyed/ditched. I haven't memorized the map well enough, haha.

Yeah it's the area with the altruist people next to Raton Canyon. 

Equatecurl

They shoulda switched the names around lol, not that it matters

Cheatz/Trickz
19 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Oh here we go again... 

D3Br6V3W0AEYYfU.jpg

El Penguin Bobo

^ Rollin Heights GTAForums Country.

Cheatz/Trickz

And I ain’t hated on GTA V in five days, but TheSantader won’t give a sh*t. 

Mastah
On 6/15/2019 at 1:42 AM, Official General said:

LOL look at what you are saying. Not Grand Theft Hiking Trip ? Then why the ton of mountains on the map with all that high altitude scenery ? Why the trailer showing hiking trips in the mountain forests ? It is clear that to some degree Rockstar wanted us to explore the delights of the map's wilderness areas, so yeah hiking would have figured in that.

Yeah, it's still called Grand Theft Auto. And exploring the world by a vehicle is still suggested option.

It's no secret Paleto Forest (and the rest of the map) is the way it is partly because of last gen consoles limitations. But it's also GTA in 2013, not some RPG in medieval times or Just Cause game on tropical island. Hell, even RDR2 map, which is basically one giant countryside, is riddled with paths and roads. What do some people expect, giant uncharted forest, so they can do... exactly what? Count trees?