2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The next gta!

heshstamps26

I think it would be sick if you could do work for tommy in the next gta. Have him be like an old Mafia Crime Lord.

What do u think?

yea that would be kinda interesting, but if they went and made a new game than it would have to be in the same city with the same layout only with cars from GTA3. im betting that the the folks at R* will take another crack at making the setting in the future like in GTA 2. with better abilities of the PS2 and PC they could make the cars and the city similar to what was in the movie "The Fith Element" although im not sure how many people would like that concept though i kinda liked how you could rig your car w/ guns and other crap from GTA 2.

I didn't realize GTA2 was in the future lol. I only played it for five minutes then broke it... Gay sh*t man, gay sh*t.

They need to completely get away from VC and LC. Just forget them, wipe them out, use San Andreas, but make no referrence to the others. I don't think that, with the lousy selling of gta2, they'll set it in the future again. That's just me though...

teufel020.gif

i think that was only because it was in 2D. i personally think it would be rather sweet if it were in 3D with flying cars.

I think that it should be set in the future, but not so futuristic that you get flying cars.

It would be cool to attatch a machine gun to a stinger.

i really think that they sould include multiplayer, just slap in a multi tab into yer PS2 unit, and 1st player will be the driver 2nd player can sit shotgun and can pop out through the window w/ a rifle or out threw a sun roof (if available) 3rd and 4th players could either stick sub machine guns out of the windows or have can have a Rifle type gun poking throug the back window.

i think that was only because it was in 2D. i personally think it would be rather sweet if it were in 3D with flying cars.

The 1st gta was from the birdeyeview too. After i had tons of fun moments with the original gta, i was disappointed with the 2nd. I didnt like the future-theme. It just doesnt fit to a game like this.

I think working for Tommy would be cool. It would be cool to see him in the future.  :D It would be cool to see him in prison too. It would be cool to see him anywhere. Tommy rocks.

Maybe Vice City in the future or something. The future would be very interesting to jack cars in.

Liberty has an airport and so does vice city, slap in San Andreas with one, make flights between them possible:

killer-game  :devil:

Personally, I dug GTA2. For one thing, it didn't seem terribly futuristic and distracting. The cars had engines and seemed to have wheels. Rednecks had shotguns. There were scientists with flamethrowers. The only sci-fi weapon was the electrogun. Even the cutscene showed the game was modern-dayish.

I really liked 2. It got me into GTA. Dunno why it turns everyone else off.  It's got everything that 1 and 3 have going for it.

\looking at the fenders and he design of the most of the cars from GTA2 I was thinking 30's till looking at the Yakuza. But the opening trailer for the game leeds you to think it was current timeline.Maybe the police just bought PT Cruisers casue they are cheap :)

y2kcrazyjoker
Liberty has an airport and so does vice city, slap in San Andreas with one, make flights between them possible:

killer-game  :devil:

That'd be cool if one of the future games has a feature that lets you go to the airport and be able to fly in between a few of the cities, considering you have GTA3 or Vice City... but it's probably not possible yet.

The idea of linkin the cities together is an ace idea.  But i don't think there would be enought space on one dvd disc alone to fit everything in,  and i don't like the idea of disc swapping.  but if they do that it would be ace,  one other problem  Liberty city is set in present and Vice city is set in the pastm  would they be linked by a time machine?

They could always "re-vamp" VC to the same time as LC i mean it only really needs a few colour changes, the only thing that would probably take a while is the radio stations (to modernise) and a few ped skins. I think the logical way to do this idea is disc swapping (in reality), but the thing is they couls release the new San Andreas game the would allow you to go to VC and LC, but how would you get from VC and LC once you got there because that feature isn't built into the games we have now the only way it could be done is by using the memory card in the slot (maybe a separate one specially for GTA - liek the one that you get for Action Replay the cheat thingy), does this make sense or is it useless waffling?

y2kcrazyjoker
They could always "re-vamp" VC to the same time as LC i mean it only really needs a few colour changes, the only thing that would probably take a while is the radio stations (to modernise) and a few ped skins. I think the logical way to do this idea is disc swapping (in reality), but the thing is they couls release the new San Andreas game the would allow you to go to VC and LC, but how would you get from VC and LC once you got there because that feature isn't built into the games we have now the only way it could be done is by using the memory card in the slot (maybe a separate one specially for GTA - liek the one that you get for Action Replay the cheat thingy), does this make sense or is it useless waffling?

Not to mention adding more buildings, since 15 years = more buillding/businesses.

It would be no problem to fit all that stuff on one DVD disc (they are 4GB, after all) But I doubt it could be played on PC... unless they sold a cheap 4GB hard drive with the game on it, lol

mister_bojangles

Man, multiplayer would be so awesome and having the game online would be even better! I always thought that by the end of Vice we would find out that Tommy turned out to be the father of the guy in GTA3 and then tie it all together in the next one but *sigh* it didn't happen. Might have been cool though.