Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,529 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Miss Malevolent

Rank 100 +...

Rank Reset  

268 members have voted

1. 1. If you are rank 100 or higher do you believe in a reset?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hell No!
    • f*ck No!

Miss Malevolent

I'm seeing calls for a reset of level. I would like to know how many Rank 100 and above agree with that?

And if you do, what would be an acceptable rank reset?

Please list your rank with your response, thanks.

SLUGFly

Why would levels be reset? Wtf? Why would people continue after two months of leveling are gone?

ugotsmoked

I would quit if my races won was reset...and I am a diehard gta fan.

blk95ta

Lvl 246 with 31 days play time on character. f*ck No!

I lost 2 low lvl characters the first week and was so frustrated after losing the second one that i almost stopped playing. There is no way I'm starting over if i lose my current character.

Edited by blk95ta

SHarm

I'm rank 1000 and it would take me an hour to rank back up

ugotsmoked

The question is geared toward the legit players...not the cheating _______ who ruin the game.

SHarm

The question is geared toward the legit players...not the cheating _______ who ruin the game.

I've made a lot of people happy though and I ranked to 160 legit but I got fed up of the cl

DMC14

i think im 93 and i do not want a reset.

SAVILLAIN

let the reset happen... its time to go

TheKidKid415

I lost 2 low lvl characters the first week and was so frustrated after losing the second one that i almost stopped playing. There is no way I'm starting over if i lose my current character.

I have 41days online and I'm only lvl 183 LOL!! And I also lost 3 or 4 low lvl characters the first few weeks lol!!

Raylion

I'm assuming those that want the reset are people who glitched and want to avoid action from R* with a catch all solution?

I've got one at 134 and one at 58 all legit...reset is not something I want to happen.

Edited by Raylion

SAVILLAIN

reset to get everyone back on the same playing field... its time

SLUGFly

I've made a lot of people happy though and I ranked to 160 legit but I got fed up of the cl

And an arsonist can give blowjobs and Christmas presents too. Being kind doesn't make you not a cheat, nor does starting out clean.

blk95ta

I was mostly legit except for a few mil in car sales at lsc due to losing a character at the beginning. I never sold a car more than twice and only sold a handful of cars given to me by friends. I made over 10 mil legit from jobs and around 6-7 mil from selling ballers and oracles (with 31 days of play time and a 48 minute cell phone timer you can sell a lot of cars legitimately) but after 1.07 R* pissed me off by taking my clean rebel and i made a mil in an hour using the buggy sell bug and then looked for a christmas money lobby.

Raylion

reset to get everyone back on the same playing field... its time

And if we reset then what...in 3 months time we all reset again? Just to keep the level playing field?

Not even sure what it is a reset would be fixing to be honest.

Edited by Raylion

blk95ta

I have 41days online and I'm only lvl 183 LOL!! And I also lost 3 or 4 low lvl characters the first few weeks lol!!

I guess it's all about how you play. I have done over 1100 races but barely raced after 1.07.

Ayylien

I think the new RP glitches is a good enough excuse for Rockstar to do a reset, although, I wouldn't like it to happen, would piss so many people off.

Raylion

I think the new RP glitches is a good enough excuse for Rockstar to do a reset, although, I wouldn't like it to happen, would piss so many people off.

I'd reset the glitchers but not legit players...or rather take back what was taken by the glitchers and throw in a cooling period within the bad sports pool.

Edited by Raylion

soundism

I don't see a point in a reset at the moment. With so many loopholes and rp glitches, a reset would only punish legitimate players

Vooodu

I really don't want a reset.

I got a lvl 140 and a lvl 75..

But at this point a reset is needed... Sadly :(

NukedPratorian

A reset isn't going to happen it would create a buttload of bad press and piss off most of the player base. I myself would send the game back to rockstar with a sack of sh*t enclosed. They made the game and cant program good enough to keep even amateur hackers from ruining the game. There's no way everyone should be penalized for their stupidity.

EliteGamer

I got banned I wouldn't really care.

I everything got reset I'd say that was complete BS.

hvcciookay

Reset levels and weapons, don't care. Reset cars and apartment, Fck no.

h1r0ll3r

Other than winning the lottery, my gameplay has been legit (~13 days played). I don't care if they took my money, cars or whatever but if they reset my rank, game is heading off to Gamestop.

Ep1cK1ll3r

Rank 120+ here and I don't want a reset.

I mean, it's not like it will make a massive difference anyway. I'm sure there would be more RP exploits and I would do them if I got reset, I ain't going to grind to 120 each time Rockstar decides to f*ck things up.

Money wise ? Unless the hackers are fully gone (which I seriously doubt as possible considering how easily they can tamper with the online mode), I imagine a lot of people will continue getting randomly gifted. Maybe not as much as currently, but still frequently enough.

So yeah, chances are if we get reset that it wouldn't really change a thing, apart from making us grind all over again...which I'm not interested in. GTAO is a great game, but not great enough for me to restart from scratch every couple of months.

If there is a reset, I wouldn't be surprised if the game lost half its current population.

StoneFox

I just created my second character. It actually even more fun starting from the begging. I no longer go back to my high level character. Perhaps only when I want to drive a certain car in that character's garage. And only when helping a noob with fully upgrading his car to sell or keep. Other then that, I just might retire him.

SAVILLAIN

absolutely no way for someone to be 90+ legit submitting this thread to rockstar.. time to go people

Ep1cK1ll3r

absolutely no way for someone to be 90+ legit submitting this thread to rockstar.. time to go people

lolwut ?

Ova-Destroy

im a 82 and if the game were reset I wouldn't play anymore... ranking up is hell, I don't try anymore..

also what about people that actually bought shark cards?

jameznash

It's a tough call for R* as it is a mess they created themselves.

I am rank 118 + a rank 39.

I lost a rank 40 as well.

Starting a 2nd character is good fun because you know you have a high level character to use if and when needed.

A re-set of rank would not go down well + the hackers would simply find a way to level up again very quick leaving all the normal players back at a low level.

Re-setting Money would be a HUGE problem due to the shark cards.

The only solution I have is when R* bring out a new location (say Las Vegas). Your Character goes there by Plane - You cant take your cash (as its from criminal activity) and you cant take your cars. Your level could be set at 1 for each new location as well because you are new to the town and have to start up your criminal empire in this new location from the bottom.

So you start each new DLC location at level 1 - working your way up. Buy a house and cars (even have area specific vehicles and weapons that cant be purchased or used in other city).

All your stats and money for Los Santos stay as they are. But everyone who purchases the Next city DLC all start from the same level in that city.

BUT FOR THIS TO WORK R* HAS TO FIX THE GAME FIRST.

Edited by jameznash