• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• icecoldkilla1467

• -7-

• ciel

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After reading W3BB13's rant thing in the "rate the song above you" thread as to how "It's not like any of us really care what others think of the music that we listen to, I decided" and "nor do any of

every f*cking month another great artist die

I remember I used to listen to this song in GTA VC on the radio station Flash FM every time it came on, it was one of my savoured songs in the whole game.

Feelings of nostalgia is hitting me hard right now!

Bryan Adams is a phenomenal guitarist.

Edited by PicklePrick
  • Like 8

thank you gtao

I've just listened to the new singles from Foo Fighters promoting their latest album Medicine At Midnight. I was curious, especially when Dave Grohl went on record as to saying it was sounding "weird" and that it was recorded in this large, old house in Encino, Los Angeles. In a way, it reminded me of how Nine Inch Nails recorded in the infamous mansion associated with the Manson cult family murders. Obviously it's world's apart, but some of the better material from the Foo Fighters in recent years came from garage recording, so I was hopeful a change of environment would breathe life into tired bones. I'm not a fan of the band by any means, but I thought to myself "this might be interesting, consider how bland and forgettable their last few were". Unfortunately, there is nothing weird or engaging to be heard on these songs. They sound like your usual, struggling rock band with more members than they need churning out arena rock. I might be jumping the gun a bit, but I was hoping for some experimentation considering their recording sessions coincided with the COVID-19 pandemic and the collective mood of the population has taken a massive shift. I really do enjoy Foo Fighters' early work, and Grohl's material under the "Late!" name really is a hidden gem. I was hoping for something with a bit more... energy. I know they're getting on but they clearly look after themselves and it's clear they have this fire in the belly for rock, almost to their detriment. This is so bland it's impossible to be offended by it. It just exists. A real shame.

• Like 2

When I went to Catholic university Christian intellectuals would always tell me to "let God into my life" like I don't already have a relationship with her. Her name is Lauren Mayberry and she's from Glasgow? Like what were they on about!

On 1/11/2021 at 5:20 AM, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

You know it's funny, I always used to skip that song when I played Burnout 3. Then at some point I stopped paying attention to what was playing and I heard that song in its entirety and it was better than its opening vocals led me to think it was.  I generally stuck to skipping between "Breathing", "Hot Night Crash", "Fall Apart", "Memory" and a handful of others that I can't remember at the moment. 

I think what makes "Make a Sound" for me are the vocals believe it or not, the final choruses in particular. I've been watching a lot of Burnout 3 gameplay recently for nostalgia, and I've seen an alarming amount of track skipping. I didn't even realise you could skip tracks! It seems completely alien to me, Burnout 3's soundtrack is one of two soundtracks where skipping isn't necessary IMO.

Awesome choices, by the way.

On 1/11/2021 at 7:09 PM, Arrows to Athens said:

Memory by Sugarcult is awesome. I always get a huge nostalgia rush when I hear that song. I remember performing it with my band group back in college in 2017.

Wonderful story, man. Thanks for sharing that. "Memory" definitely takes me back. I feel like I need to revive the Burnout topic in the Gaming section or something, discussions about this game need to happen more often on here!

Speaking of which, my favourite MCR track (sorry, "Helena"). Yes, its because of Burnout 3.

• Like 5

Pretty much learned the lyrics out of my head in april....man, this song became more and more relevant troughout 2020 almost...

• Like 3