Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,265 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

RockStarG

Have you escaped 5 stars with a vehicle?

RockStarG

I have yet to do this. I usually go as fast as I can to the airport and then try to get in a plane and escape that way. They always end up shooting me in the cockpit and I die lol.

It's hard to escape 5 stars in this game! The police are brutal. I stole a bmx once and a lady called the cops on me. I was pedaling and a cruiser rammed me from behind and I flew off. I tried getting up to run but the shot my ass like 8 times while I was down lol. I had one star but I guess it escalated to 2...

Has anybody escaped 5?

Polish_Trucker

Nope, and probably never will. Once I get to 4/5 stars, I just give up on running because its too damn hard to escape them :p

wiizardii

Depends if its Clustef*ckline or Single Player. In Single Player, you can go into the tunnel and just lose them there. (East to Franklin's old house, and north west to Lester's house) But in Online, someone is proabably gunna try to f*ck with you, and do some weird sh*t.

Sweettooth187

Depends if its Clustef*ckline or Single Player. In Single Player, you can go into the tunnel and just lose them there. (East to Franklin's old house, and north west to Lester's house) But in Online, someone is proabably gunna try to f*ck with you, and do some weird sh*t.

Was going to say the same thing. Easy as balls if you're near the subway system. They're too dumb to follow you in. I've done this in every GTA that has any sort of underground passage. In the old ones though I thought you could just go into their safehouse and have the wanted level go away immediately.

Edited by Sweettooth187

Darth_Starkiller

In single player, yes, on the mountains as Franklin.

RockStarG

Yeah I actually don't play online ever. I love single player but goddamn the police are brutal lol

Lethal Vaccine

Why is this so hard for people to comprehend? You go in the subway tunnel underground, police will NEVER come after you. I've escaped 4 and 5 stars loads of times, an example is when you steal a Police Riot in single player. How would you save it behind Trevor's strip club if you have five stars on you? Can't. Gotta evade the police first. I've said in numerous threads about going underground, yet, people are still wondering how to escape.

Facepalm

WildBrick142

I can rarely lose them. I'm just bad at losing cops.

In Online, I can lose them with no problem when I am in a plane. On foot/car is almost impossible.

In Singleplayer it's even more impossible. I only lost 5 stars once when replaying The Big Score for obvious approach. I lost them when hiding in a bush.

Edited by WildBrick142

Fisciletti

I usually hide in subway tunnels.

Wheeling and Dealing

Nope, and probably never will. Once I get to 4/5 stars, I just give up on running because its too damn hard to escape them :p

Rank military base andsteal a jet. Easy or go rock climbing in a super/sports

Doesnt work with 5 stars

Sweettooth187

Doesnt work with 5 stars

Bull.

GrandTrevorAuto

The best thing you can do is to get in a fighter jet.

Majestic123

Train tracks

Carbonox

No, but I have escaped them on foot. :panic:

...In reality, I don't ever remember having gotten 5 stars outside of missions. I usually get gunned down long before reaching that. :p

Lethal Vaccine

Doesnt work with 5 stars

Bull.

Exactly.

One or Two stars? Climb a moutain with a vehicle, wait until the stars disappear. Three, Four, or Five stars? Subway Tunnel or Train Tunnel. Works 100% of the time, yes 100%, not 90, not 95, not 99.9, 100% of the time hands down. If you can't escape YOU are doing something wrong.

Here is where I escape 100% of the time -

Watch TypicalGamer go into the subway tunnel with the Police Bike and hear him say "The Cops Won't Ever Search for You Underground" and it's true. From his video, I been playing with the cops. It's so fun, actually.

In the air? P-996 Lazer will lose the stars within a few minutes, even less at times.

Edited by Militia

Fail_At_GTA

I have the platinum award in GTA Online for escaping 5 stars 50 times and I gained that a very long time ago. Its really not that hard at all, you just need to figure out how the cops spawn and how to prevent old cops from despawning so they don't spawn in your face. If you have a helicopter or any other air craft, fly slightly out of their 'vision' and the helicopters will continuously follow you instead of spawning in front of you and re activating the stars. You can also use the sewers or any underground tunnel to escape as police don't spawn in there and wont go in there themselves unless they actually see you go in there. Killing them as they get to a tunnel and then speeding away in it is almost a guaranteed way of escaping the police. Its always best to use strategy rather than just running away constantly at high speeds, which contrary to popular belief, is a terrible way to escape the police in a GTA game.

EDIT: Oh yeah, sometimes when you're Online the game will glitch and the police wont spawn around you so you can escape police easily.

Edited by Fail_At_GTA

TimelyMeerkat

I was riding passenger when a friend of mine escaped five stars. We were in a regular NPC vehicle too. I don't think I could get away from a five star wanted level without going underground.

Lethal Vaccine

I was riding passenger when a friend of mine escaped five stars. We were in a regular NPC vehicle too. I don't think I could get away from a five star wanted level without going underground.

I actually one time, managed to go into the ocean and continue to dive up and down, up and down, up and down, and the stars kept blinking. Lol, eventually went away! Only once this happened though, every other time I tried, they kept picking a couple shots off at me until I died.

am30

I think I've done it. The big heist gives you 5 stars doesn't it? Does that count?

600noodles

when i got a bounty and a bunch of people are chasing me, i like to use it just to throw them off a lil

GTAglezga

Why is this so hard for people to comprehend? You go in the subway tunnel underground, police will NEVER come after you. I've escaped 4 and 5 stars loads of times, an example is when you steal a Police Riot in single player. How would you save it behind Trevor's strip club if you have five stars on you? Can't. Gotta evade the police first. I've said in numerous threads about going underground, yet, people are still wondering how to escape.

Facepalm

Yeah I usually head into that broken wall on the freeway in the centre of town and just drive into the underground. They never follow you otr if they do it's just a couple of guys on foot.

Also last night I evaded 3 choppers on foot. Just dived into the Alamo sea and spent about ten minutes diving and trying to escape that way, it wasn't happening then I noticed I could dive to the bottom and keep eating ego chasers (under water!) Stayed there for a couple of minutes until the choppers went away. Job done.

So if you're on foot head for the water and make sure you've got some munchies.

Edited by GTAglezga

SmoothGetaway

All the time OP, like others have said just go underground in the subway or in a train tunnel.

Make sure your car is fully modded, especially max armor and bullet proof tires.

sukmieazz

In the laser jet I have and another time I parked my Mesa on the side of a mountain in a bush, and eventually they called off the search.

Tracksuit Hitman

Me and a friend drove around with bulletproof tires shooting at police vehicles. We drove towards a tunnel and shot at the officers and vehicles until we achieved five stars. We ran into the tunnel and just walked through unarmed with almost no health at all and eventually lost our wanted level.

It's all about location. If you 'chicken run' you've got a better chance, but the best way is to go underground.

universetwisters

It's easy to escape 5 stars when you're on a train and it goes into that longass tunnel that goes under Mirror Park

Wheeling and Dealing

Doesnt work with 5 stars
Bull.

Exactly.

One or Two stars? Climb a moutain with a vehicle, wait until the stars disappear. Three, Four, or Five stars? Subway Tunnel or Train Tunnel. Works 100% of the time, yes 100%, not 90, not 95, not 99.9, 100% of the time hands down. If you can't escape YOU are doing something wrong.

Here is where I escape 100% of the time -

Watch TypicalGamer go into the subway tunnel with the Police Bike and hear him say "The Cops Won't Ever Search for You Underground" and it's true. From his video, I been playing with the cops. It's so fun, actually.

In the air? P-996 Lazer will lose the stars within a few minutes, even less at times.

which tunnel? Cops find me in almost all of them when rwnked 5 because of the trapped in tactic (copters). Some... some deep tunnels are 100% though. Not the impound lot one though Edited by Wheeling and Dealing

GTAglezga

0_0.jpg

Usually drive into that hole in the wall there although theres loads of entrances dotted around.

Don't even need to drive that far in as if you do they can see you again as there's holes in the roof at certain points.

Serious get out of jail free card :^:

Edited by GTAglezga

beanzinapot

Me and a couple of buddies were able to evade a 5 star chase in my Sandking. Took like 20 minutes, but it is possible.

GTAglezga

Yeah I find the wanted system really intelligent compared to 4. It's not so much about putting the foot down and just trying to escape, it's more about trying to find a wall to hide behind and bridge to hide under from the choppers.

Caligastia

Tunnel from the jewel heist mission, that is all....works every time, if you can get to the tunnel that is.

Edited by Caligastia