1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Racing league for real money. Anyone interested on XBL?

The Real Firebanshee

The Real Firebanshee

Racing for real money....and not betting either. I'm putting up the money.

a real purse, worth $106 in real money in the form of Xbox redeemable code.

anyone interested? read post below for more info.

if not...let me know why if you have the time.

thanks.

Edited by The Real Firebanshee
The Real Firebanshee

First off I'd just like to introduce myself. My XBL gt is Firebanshee. I have been a racing enthusiast (and participant) in many forms of motorsports throughout my life. From professional R/C car racing, to off-road motorcycles, to snowmobile hill climbing, ect...

With that said, I am looking at getting into professional promoting, exclusively in motorsports. After the release of the GTA Online content creator I had the idea of creating some tracks and starting a little racing league. If for any reason, to try my hand at promoting, without the risk of losing 10's of thousands of of my own money to go out and actually promote a desert race or something like that.

The idea has since mushroomed into a few late nights of brainstorming and contemplation. I've started rough drafts of the league's structure, event types, points systems, payouts, calender, and any other logistics required to make it resemble a highly professional organization, something like the AMA.

The plan of action to start this organization is to hold one multiple event championship, consisting of at least 6 points-paying rounds and 2 exhibition races (just for cash, no points involved). The time frame is not completely worked out, but I would like to complete the championship in just over 2 weeks, with approximately 3 events a week, or every other day, with each event being about an hour long. This first championship will consist of only 12 members, although the idea will be to grow to the point where we have multiple championships of different skill levels going on simultaneously.

Everything is to be considered. Balance and fairness being at the top of the priority list, as well as ease of entry (how easy it is to get involved and compete). Other things to consider are scheduling, the body of rules itself (which will be very comprehensive), qualifying and parity, and the logistics of doing anything over the, often times, inconsistent internet Other issues include things like, Xbox Live and how to actually bring all the players together for an event. (social club, xbox live, and the link between them and this website all have to be worked out logistically) These are areas I am going to need lots of feedback.

The basis of all member approval will start here on GTA Forums, using the "approved clean racer" thread. So if you want to join, you will have to be listed in that group before any consideration.

Ok, now on to the money part, which is why you all stopped here. So, I propose small cash payouts for all rounds and a large cash payout for the overall championship. Right now, as per my event structure plans, I have allotted (out of my own pocket) $106 to pay for this first championship. The idea is to eventually charge an entry fee for the different championships to pay for the "purse" money.

For right now though, before I go any further, I would love some feedback. What do you guys think? are you interested? does it seem complicated? feasible? do you have any questions?

Thanks in advance to the GTA Forums community and I hope you can help me make this into something more real than this thread. Cheers!

p.s. if someone, or a mod thinks there is a better place for this thread please let me know or just go ahead and move it. Thanks.

The Real Firebanshee

Here is a rough draft of the Championship structure (first 3 events) to give you an idea. Every event will feature multiple races, each of the races will have it's own unique course.

Event #1 January 1st, 8pm est

Gentlemen's Gran Touring Cup

Take your skills to the hills in this GT-type endurance event. Your concentration will be strained as you wind, endlessly, through the beautiful Vinewood Hills and surrounding area. Listen to that classic V12 reverberate off of the cannyon walls as you show off your classic GT car in all of its glory. Don't forget to take in the scenery as you rifle through gears and powerslide through corners in this truly unique racing event.

Number of races - 2 (lowest tally score system)

Race type/length - very long, point to point (approx. 20 minutes per race)

Pre Run - no (courses will not be published)

Environment type - rural/scenic back roads, daylight, weather set to global

Traffic On - yes

Vehicle type - Sports Classics (with mods)

Event type - Championship round (pays points)

Total Purse - 1st place = $5

Event #2 January 3rd, 8pm est

Hot Nights City Lights Cup

Things are going to heat up when the sun goes down in the heart of Los Santos. Prove to your competitors you have mastered the "art of the wheelman" in this tight, urban jungle. Filled with elevation changes, 180 degree hairpins, seriously unnerving underpasses, curbs, lamp posts, trash cans, and everything else, the racer with the least amount of mistakes will be king of this jungle.

Number of races - 3

Race type/length - closed circuit, multiple laps (approx. 10 laps per race)

Pre Run - yes (courses will be published prior to event for practice)

Environment type - urban streets, night, no rain

Traffic on - no

Vehicle type - Sports (with mods)

Event type - Championship round

Total purse - 1st place = $5

Event #3 January 5th, 4pm est

Blaine County Cross Country

When the beer and meth is all gone, and the wrestling matches on tv are over, there's a pile of good ol' rednecks out in Blaine County with nothing left to do. Give them a show with your outrageous driving in this point-to-point off-road race held deep in the heart of Mullet country. This race is sure to test your off-road skills with bumps, jumps, off-cambers, creek crossings, and technical hill climbs. Don't forget your beer coozy for this one!

Number of races - 3

Race type/length - off-road, medium length, point to point (approx. 10 minutes per race)

Pre Run - no

Environment type - rural backroads, desert, hills, time of day set to global, weather set to global

Traffic on - yes

Vehicle type - off-road (with mods)

Event type - exhibition (no points payed)

Total purse - 1st = $10, 2nd = $5, 3rd = $3

so, thats sort of the vibe of it.

BlazedWithPower

Is it a playlist? I love playlists. I've only ever done 1. and most of the players left before it was over.

The Real Firebanshee

no, those are separate events. not single races or anything.

these events will be structured outside of the game itself, like here on the forums.

there are no races yet. The idea is to create a racing series. an organization if you will to establish rules and create different racing series' that are controlled by a "sanctioning body". the purpose of any sanctioning body is to create a fair playing field, promote , and organize the events.

the races themselves are up for discussion. the post above is just to give people an idea of how the series would work and the kind of events I would like to have.

The Real Firebanshee

lol borderline illegal but ok :p

care to elaborate.

This is how professional motorsports is run. a non-profit governing body. the purse is 100% payout. membership fees pay the operation costs. been racing dirtbikes all my life in organizations just like this one.

are you saying that it is a copyright thing with the software? MLG does this exact thing, although I have no idea if they have permission or not from the assorted publishers.

I'm taking this very seriously. have even considered setting up an LLC.

mochakaboom

lol borderline illegal but ok :p

care to elaborate.

This is how professional motorsports is run. a non-profit governing body. the purse is 100% payout. membership fees pay the operation costs. been racing dirtbikes all my life in organizations just like this one.

are you saying that it is a copyright thing with the software? MLG does this exact thing, although I have no idea if they have permission or not from the assorted publishers.

I'm taking this very seriously. have even considered setting up an LLC.

I think just gambling in general? I really don't know the specifics, but if someone were to be a real douche, i'm sure they can think of something illegal with this.

I personally don't care, just a heads up that's all.

EDIT: f*ck it.. lol I don't know what i'm talking about :p

Edited by mochakaboom
The Real Firebanshee

yeah, this is not gambling by any means.

The second line in this thread I say that this is not betting. it is a competition with a prize pool. that is legal in all 50 states.