Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,265 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

blk95ta

R* your stupid "you can't grief tank drivers" sucks

FasterThanYou

You've clearly never been in a tank. You've read that myth on here when posted by butt-hurts and now perpetuate it.

Get in a tank - aim at the sky - shoot.

Sorry but the difference between trying to bring a chopper down here and in BF is that in BF you have to compensate for drop and time. You have to aim forwards and upwards to hit a moving chopper. And unless chopper is close, it´s hard.

Here you barely have to compensate for anything. You shoot and it´s inmediately there, and until it reaches the end of its range the projectile barely drops. Add that the reload time is laughable and you have that tank > attack chopper, which is nonsense.

Also, don´t assume that what you see on the screen has anything to do with the actual hit detection. Have you seen the vapor trail comming off bullets? Sure you have. They appear to actually have speed and drop. But they don´t. They´re hitscan, as anyone having shot long range will tell you. Despite that, you can see "bullets" flying.

Edited by FasterThanYou

Dottie

I lol at people putting bounties on me when i have a tank. it just attracts all of the low level noobs :D

I'll get my coat...

It's the first thing I reach for when I get a bounty on me and then I go hide sideways in an alley or car park somewhere and wait for the fun to start, at least a quarter see it and turn away, most of the others drive at it, I've so far not had to pay insurance when they have hit the side of the tank. I found on most occasions, after they have blown themselves up I can bomb em and am fee free. One though blew himself and his car up trying to grenade me and the wreckage flew into me, I got billed for that?!

Drivers repeatedly hammering cars into you whilst you're moving is a bit of a pain and after the third time I kind of abandon ship and go do something else, people like that are no fun and I'd rather hunt them down on foot but you can place a fair bet that they are soon in a tank themselves bombing everything that moves.

From the other point of view though, many times have I got spawn killed by one, no time to do anything much in the way of saving yourself.

Parking by them is stupid, they hit you with the gun and your front wheels fall off. Then you have to blow your own car up. Sad.

I've learnt that messing with someone in a tank is going to cost me and it's up to me whether or not to make it fun.

Passive mode is great when on foot, stand by a tree and watch as the tank has it's own fight with an indestructible plant! You should be off the ground anyway in passive, it's not just tanks that run you down is it? Unfortunately there are still a load of tough guys mowing people down with cars, I am one of them and I'm not so bonkers to leave my character standing on the pavement in war torn LS whilst I go and make a brew.

I had my own war with a tank today, 23-7 was the result before they got bored of killing me and left.... it was a bad day. The telly was called many bad names.

Dottie

I shoot the cars before they can even get close. that what the mini map is for. also if someone hid their blip, they're still driving recklessly so I'd shoot them too

FasterThanYou

I shoot the cars before they can even get close. that what the mini map is for. also if someone hid their blip, they're still driving recklessly so I'd shoot them too

I get A LOT of bounties by going off the radar, getting in a discreet car (my white stock Oracle) and driving like an AI character.

It´s lovely to hear the reactions, no one really sees it comming. Only time I get caught and have to flee is when lag causes AI to stop spawning in cars ad I´m alone on the road.

Dottie

I get A LOT of bounties by going off the radar, getting in a discreet car (my white stock Oracle) and driving like an AI character.

It´s lovely to hear the reactions, no one really sees it comming. Only time I get caught and have to flee is when lag causes AI to stop spawning in cars ad I´m alone on the road.

But see. Oracles don't spawn in a lot of areas and they're hardly white. Try driving something more discrete.

amine-griffy

LMFAO @ people who are saying deal with it I'm sure they are bunch of knobs who use the tank to defend themselves cause they suck on foot and can't fight so they ruin everyone's game .

Well I don't know what the hell are cockstar doing are they jealous of battlefield and wants to make GTA like battlefield maybe ? I don't see any point having a tank in this game unless if you want to play team death match I'm lvl 122 I only use the tank when an asshole is spawn killing everyone .

There's no chance for a low lvl to destroy a tank the buzzard suck it doesnt lock on them and u need to hit him 10 times by then you will be dead

A jet ??? Really same and its hardly impossible to hit him in the city

I'm sick of the number of assholes in this forum maybe they are kids and never driven a tank in battefield so they are enjoying their fantasies on a game or they suck and can't aim while on foot so the only way for them to get a kill is to get a tank so pathetic

elmo87

Lol ha ! The tank ruined the game. R * is ruining this game by the day. If I wanted to have tank battles I would play battlefield 4 or halo 4 . r* hasn't learned anything. They need to allow ppl to chose what they want . For example

Session options:

Tanks on/off

Cops on/off

Friendly fire on/off

auto aim on/off

etc...

This is why gta online sucks.

amine-griffy

If they battlefield they will get owned auto aim users should play games like Mario kart

FasterThanYou

But see. Oracles don't spawn in a lot of areas and they're hardly white. Try driving something more discrete.

Oracle is EVERYWHERE. It´s the car I sell every 48 minutes. Most of them are white. 8000 easy bucks :lol:

LSPD - Jaipa

If this was on ps3 send me a friend request invite me to the game and ill own them over and over again

I only have a tank to get wanted levels and annoy my friends NOT to RDM people

Edited by Jaipaboy4thewin

SetOnFire

Problem is cars stop spawning if the tank is going on a rampage in the same area long enough. Any cars that are around are police cars or FBI vans.

If a tank sees a civilian's car in the area, chances are he will know its a player inside. Unless the tank is stupid, ofc.

darkwar854

Can't grief tank drivers, but tank drivers can grief you.

WBaker

The tanks have been out in force since 1.08. It's unusual not to see one or four rolling around a lobby. I am not much of a tank person but I've been enjoying it myself. I do feel slightly bad for all the pvs I no longer pay for. It wasn't unusual to rack up $100-150k a session in payments.

SetOnFire

The tanks have been out in force since 1.08. It's unusual not to see one or four rolling around a lobby. I am not much of a tank person but I've been enjoying it myself. I do feel slightly bad for all the pvs I no longer pay for. It wasn't unusual to rack up $100-150k a session in payments.

That's because of the "get the tank at any level for free" glitch.

WBaker

That's because of the "get the tank at any level for free" glitch.

I suppose but no longer paying insurance when you use your tank and no more bad sport warnings can't hurt.

Prototype.Prodigy

The:

29582A26-A095-432C-862A-0C72DF6EDF62_zps

In This Thread is Epic.

Vile Member

If you play on invite only the game is 1000 times. The thing that ruins online is the people that play it.